Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 334. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 263
Being coded in Pascal means that is has years of experience withing development environments, meaning that it is malleable and also a secure programming language.

I'm not a young boy  Grin

Also... used Pascal because it's my favorite cpu compileable language (... and I hate C...)

Also I like java and PHP but they are not cpu compileable.... so I used Pascal from the scratch, this is a good language to learn, object oriented and high typified. Not better nor badly...  it's my choice.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Has anyone had any problems depositing coins to Cryptopia?  It says to use Account#143351-30 for deposits but why don't I see that number in the Account Explorer? 

One trade is for .00002998 and the next is for .00001300, is it common with these coins to have such a disparity in the trading price? 

Are you on the latest version of the wallet? The checksum for accounts changed with a recent update Smiley

Thanks, that was what was wrong.  I updated to 1.3 and saw the correct account#.  Thanks Vorksholk
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
As people said before, Pascal is an old and dying language.
It's not about what non-coders tell, more important is what developers think about that language.

C++/Java (and other new languages) are clearly much more secure than Pascal.

Exactly the opposite. It is a bit harder to code in pascal, but overall code is more stable. Typing in Pascal is a lot more strict allowing the programmer to make much less errors. For example in C it is easy to write beyond the length of the string, which results in buffer overflows, and thousands of exploits targeting that.

Anyway, great programs are results of coding skills and not the choice of a language. Have a look at the size of the binary of Pascal Coin - less then 2Mb (and it has an integrated chain explorer)! Now have a look at the size of any other wallets (like Mist for ETH) - you still think that new languages guarantee much more secure and stable products?
Activity: 17
Being coded in Pascal means that is has years of experience withing development environments, meaning that it is malleable and also a secure programming language.

I respectfully disagree. As people said before, Pascal is an old and dying language. Those used to be written in Pascal almost all replaced by C++ and Java. C++/Java (and other new languages) are clearly much more secure than Pascal. You can write a coin using Fortran, as people did in the eighties, nothing wrong with it, the coin can still work. But I will say that it's a bad choice, why? because it will be difficult to be maintained, enhanced, or linked/interfaced with latest web and internet based environment.

I respectfully disagree. You seem to think Pascal of the 80's. The latest versions of Delphi (Pascal) is cross-platform, allowing for easy development even on platforms like OSX, iOS and Android, much easier than with any C++/Java version out there.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Yes you shouldn't need to pay for any accounts, PM me or proletariat and we'll send you them for free.

You can also PM me for a free account Smiley

Has anyone had any problems depositing coins to Cryptopia?  It says to use Account#143351-30 for deposits but why don't I see that number in the Account Explorer? 

One trade is for .00002998 and the next is for .00001300, is it common with these coins to have such a disparity in the trading price? 

Are you on the latest version of the wallet? The checksum for accounts changed with a recent update Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Yes you shouldn't need to pay for any accounts, PM me or proletariat and we'll send you them for free.
Activity: 56

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
Hello, I would like to buy 1 account!? No one at the buy/sell ann answered me  Undecided

I'll need your public key to transfer an account.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

I respectfully disagree. As people said before, Pascal is an old and dying language. Those used to be written in Pascal almost all replaced by C++ and Java. C++/Java (and other new languages) are clearly much more secure than Pascal. You can write a coin using Fortran, as people did in the eighties, nothing wrong with it, the coin can still work. But I will say that it's a bad choice, why? because it will be difficult to be maintained, enhanced, or linked/interfaced with latest web and internet based environment.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Pascal coin? is this coin written in Pascal? I almost forget this language, lol. The dev should be a really old guy then... someone wants to create a basic-coin using BASIC language? or fortran-coin, or cobol coin?

Perhaps it is an old language but it doesn't mean it hasn't got a huge potential... Mathematics is also an old language and you use it nowadays...  Wink

Pascal is not only an old language, but it is a dying language, that's why I also feel weird seeing this coin. You can write a coin with assembler if you want to have fun  Grin

Math is never dying, so it is not something you can compare.

For fucks sake dont tell me its coded in pascal.

It's coded in pascal. You'd have to be willfully ignorant to not know that.
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502
Pascal coin? is this coin written in Pascal? I almost forget this language, lol. The dev should be a really old guy then... someone wants to create a basic-coin using BASIC language? or fortran-coin, or cobol coin?

Perhaps it is an old language but it doesn't mean it hasn't got a huge potential... Mathematics is also an old language and you use it nowadays...  Wink

Pascal is not only an old language, but it is a dying language, that's why I also feel weird seeing this coin. You can write a coin with assembler if you want to have fun  Grin

For fucks sake dont tell me its coded in pascal.
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502

Nah it must be backed by nvidia or have their affiliate backing. Pascal. The name is the best thing about this coin. As far as everything else, it seems stalled and abandoned so I will move along as theres nothing to see in this thread and nothing to ponder on.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

Yes the coin is written in Pascal, fun fact much banking infrastructure is still based on PASCAL and COBOL.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 263
Hello, I would like to buy 1 account!? No one at the buy/sell ann answered me  Undecided
copper member
Activity: 970
Merit: 287
Per aspera ad astra
According to CMC, current market cap is 81 BTC. And in the last 24h, volume on Cryptopia (2nd position) is 8 BTC.
Price is rising so I think things are starting to look good.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Diff is fine. I have 6,000+ MHs of speed. Was just wondering I saw it in my log on my gaming rig with only 1 GPU was just wondering what it was.
Jump to: