Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 418. (Read 990662 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Nice processor!
Yeah it's pretty powerful  Smiley

When I mine with 1 core I get ~740 Kh/s
When I mine with 8 cores, I get 5800 Kh/s (linear increase)
When I mine with 16 cores I get 8900 Kh/s (not linear, supposed to be 11728 Kh/s)
It seems mining with more than 8 cores the miner starts getting less efficient.
Ill stick with two 8-core instances for now.

im kinda starting to be able to connect to network recently sometimes ... i got 4000 kh/s  how many blocks should i find a day

I've been hashing with ~21000 kh/s and getting 37 blocks per day (24 hours).
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
im kinda starting to be able to connect to network recently sometimes ... i got 4000 kh/s  how many blocks should i find a day
I can't say for sure, but based off my experience probably ~11 blocks in a 24 hour period.
Keep in mind luck is involved.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Nice processor!

When I mine with 16 cores I get 8900 Kh/s (not linear, supposed to be 11728 Kh/s)

im kinda starting to be able to connect to network recently sometimes ... i got 4000 kh/s  how many blocks should i find a day
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
Still looking to buy more coins  Cool
Nice processor!

Activity: 673
Been mining for 13 hours @ ~8200Kh/s and obtained 10 blocks using a Xeon E5 at 3.1Ghz.

Also @PascalCoin, does the difficulty for this coin increase over time?

Nice processor!
Been mining for 13 hours @ ~8200Kh/s and obtained 10 blocks using a Xeon E5 at 3.1Ghz.
https://i.imgur.com/dGafTZe.png
Also @PascalCoin, does the difficulty for this coin increase over time?
Activity: 882
I have received one block , of the day I am curious about pascal coin . This is very nice Grin
Activity: 149
Started mining 12 hours ago, I found 3 blocks at speed ~700Kh/s

are you portforwarded? how many connections do you have?
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Started mining 12 hours ago, I found 3 blocks at speed ~700Kh/s
Activity: 62
still do not understand about pascal coin . just mining it, and I let sit for hours . and after I still have not found a single block . Grin

At least in my experience so far, gaining blocks seems to be semi-random, albeit reliable enough as long as it is kept mining.  I gained 1 block in initial hours, then went a far longer time without any blocks gained (despite actually a higher kH/s rate after adjusting options to use more CPU cores), then gained 2 more blocks in rapid succession.
If I undestand correctly you can only receive Pascal Coins if you have mined a block. You need to mine a block to get an account number. Am I correct?
To get an account number there are 2 ways:
- Mine a block
- Receive an account. (Transfer an account)

Receive an account means that the owner of an account changes the account key (public key) for your public key.
When this happens then you will be the owner of this account and, of course, get it's stored balance.

Thanks for your explanation. I know you have thought this through, but this is a big problem imho. Do you have ideas to change this in the future somehow with an update? Or will this always be the only 2 ways to get an account number / to get a wallet (a wallet without an account number is nothing).

people could sell account numbers for some small amount of btc (0.0001)

Yes, of course they can. But it makes it a lot more complicated.

Isn't it possible to just allow random generation after the account number that was supposed to be the last ?

Or does the current implementation not allow bigger number for account ? :/

I believe that account numbers can only be generated with the block because of however the safebox hash works but tbh I have no idea how that works
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
If I undestand correctly you can only receive Pascal Coins if you have mined a block. You need to mine a block to get an account number. Am I correct?
- Mine a block

Receive an account means that the owner of an account changes the account key (public key) for your public key.
When this happens then you will be the owner of this account and, of course, get it's stored balance.

Thanks for your explanation. I know you have thought this through, but this is a big problem imho. Do you have ideas to change this in the future somehow with an update? Or will this always be the only 2 ways to get an account number / to get a wallet (a wallet without an account number is nothing).

Isn't it possible to just allow random generation after the account number that was supposed to be the last ?

Or does the current implementation not allow bigger number for account ? :/
- Mine a block

- Mine a block

Activity: 882
still do not understand about pascal coin . just mining it, and I let sit for hours . and after I still have not found a single block . Grin
- Mine a block

from what i can tell the answer is no, other than getting lucky on the block# u want
Well... perhaps a third party can develop something like short urls that transforms pretty names to account numbers  Grin

Do you have to mine a block to create an account or is an account just created? I am wondering how it will be integrated to exchanges. It will work but they need to custom code it I think.

What are the plans for the future of pascal? No pressure, just very interested.

the way i imagine it will work for exchanges is that you will have to send an identifying token with your deposit, like with nxt assets on some exchanges. im not sure if polo will do this tho
Activity: 1008
from what i can tell the answer is no, other than getting lucky on the block# u want
Well... perhaps a third party can develop something like short urls that transforms pretty names to account numbers  Grin

Do you have to mine a block to create an account or is an account just created? I am wondering how it will be integrated to exchanges. It will work but they need to custom code it I think.

What are the plans for the future of pascal? No pressure, just very interested.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Guys how many cores do you have spare for Pascal mining ?  and how many server connections you get ? im mining just for speculation purpose, 6miners 2.223Kh/s and still nothing ,
PS iv started 10min ago  Grin

Well , I've 447Kh/s and i've hashed 7820Gh. So I think it takes time xD.

Btw, guys does somebody know why i ended up having 117 Pa in an account ? There is no stacking, right ?

Edit: I've 0 client connection and 2 servers connections, is it normal or not enough ?
Jump to: