Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 20. (Read 41872 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 276
What is the difference of your project from many others already existing?
1 thing that i know for sure is decentralized, as you can see it on the title.  Grin

You can found some great articles on internet about Playkey.
One you really should read is the one from hacked.com! They made a nice review about this project.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
1 thing that i know for sure is decentralized, as you can see it on the title.  Grin

playkey is already established platform. their platform is ready and tested
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
there is not a standing alone console or app but I believe to offer multiplatform games they must have a cloud streaming server,so they are in competition with big game developers like microsoft and sony that offer similar services...

they're not going to have console games for the exact reason you've mentioned. each manufacturer has their own platform
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
By the way, was there information on the console? How much will it cost to work like this?

afaik, there will be no standalone console to buy. it will be more a app / dashboard client for the playkey streaming service to be available on many different platforms like pc, console, tv, mobilephones and so on.

There won't be a console app ... I am pretty sure about it. Why should Sony and Microsoft be willing to loose money? I don't think so ...

I don't think so either. Besides there is playstation now doing the same thing for playstation games, they won't let something similar on their platform.
I could be wrong but emulating games on your server and streaming them isn't breaking any laws
Of course it does not break. Only money does not bring to the console manufacturers, but to application developers. And this is not good for Microsoft and Sony.

There are many exclusive games out there that will never be released on a PC. Therefore, there is no big competition and loss of profit from the manufacturers of consoles. Objectively, Playkey is like an extension of Steam. And it should be considered as a competition between Steam and consoles. But many games first come out on consoles, and only then, when the main profit is received, the games appear in Steam.
Activity: 280
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
Home miners have the potential benefit of being geographically closer to the gamer than Playkey's large datacenters. But the downside of a lower reliability and limited network bandwidth.

This is an awesome way to look at it. Playkey needs to make sure there's an even playing field for the large mining companies and the everyday miner with just 1 or 2 video cards.
copper member
Activity: 378
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Do you have the telegram channel?

Yes, of course, they have a Telegram channel. You find the link in the opening post and on their website: https://t.me/playkey_io
Thanks. It's really active!
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
a friend of mine reminded me about this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/cloud-gaming.html

just buy a shitload of nvidia grid and build a farm and make a token and sell the capacities Smiley

I did buy a shitload of Nvidia last year, the stock though.
I am not sure if buying  a lots of hardware to rent it out, would be very profitable.
Amazon AWS is already good for that

If you read the PlayKey whitepaper closely you see that they have a network of 120 Nvidia Grid powered servers. In fact, Amazon uses Nvidia Grid for their Amazon Web Services.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2017/07/13/nvidia-grid-cloud-based-workstation-experience-amazon-web-services/
Activity: 2870
Merit: 605
there is not a standing alone console or app but I believe to offer multiplatform games they must have a cloud streaming server,so they are in competition with big game developers like microsoft and sony that offer similar services...
Activity: 252
a friend of mine reminded me about this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/cloud-gaming.html

just buy a shitload of nvidia grid and build a farm and make a token and sell the capacities Smiley

I did buy a shitload of Nvidia last year, the stock though.
I am not sure if buying  a lots of hardware to rent it out, would be very profitable.
Amazon AWS is already good for that

nvidia will still go strong for the foreseeable future. they're selling graphics cards to miners and that one of the reasons pricing has increased.

Nvidia also sells graphic cards to data centers, signed a deal with Tesla for graphic cards in sell driving cars, gaming is still their main income and gaming still grows.
AMD stock also doing quite well last year.

I think gaming will be remain the dominant income source for Nvidia. Crypto mining is less than originally projected, and Tesla is going down the drain.
Activity: 448
Diagon
By the way, was there information on the console? How much will it cost to work like this?

afaik, there will be no standalone console to buy. it will be more a app / dashboard client for the playkey streaming service to be available on many different platforms like pc, console, tv, mobilephones and so on.

There won't be a console app ... I am pretty sure about it. Why should Sony and Microsoft be willing to loose money? I don't think so ...

I don't think so either. Besides there is playstation now doing the same thing for playstation games, they won't let something similar on their platform.
I could be wrong but emulating games on your server and streaming them isn't breaking any laws
Of course it does not break. Only money does not bring to the console manufacturers, but to application developers. And this is not good for Microsoft and Sony.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Activity: 980
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
What's with the guy on the top? Why write in a normal subject
Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Activity: 980
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
guys, don't you think that the figure of 140 000 Eth (hard cap) are too high? Especially judging by the current collections?

Well, its the 8th day of the ICO and they sold 66%. Still 22 days left, I am guessing they will hit the hard cap.

They haven't sold already 66% of the tokens, right? That's just the percentage of tokens sold with a bonus of 15%.
They sold about 7.8 million PKT (not sure if this all they sold so far or if there were some tokens sold earlier that aren't displayed now on the website), hard cap is 60 million tokens.

They sold %66 of the bonus first phase. They had a very high hard cap so at total they sold approximately %13 of the available tokens.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
guys, don't you think that the figure of 140 000 Eth (hard cap) are too high? Especially judging by the current collections?

Well, its the 8th day of the ICO and they sold 66%. Still 22 days left, I am guessing they will hit the hard cap.

They haven't sold already 66% of the tokens, right? That's just the percentage of tokens sold with a bonus of 15%.
They sold about 7.8 million PKT (not sure if this all they sold so far or if there were some tokens sold earlier that aren't displayed now on the website), hard cap is 60 million tokens.

Yes, this is 66% of sold tokens with bonus 15%. look: Bonus stage I: 7 792 312 / 11 931 300 PKT
You can see bonus tables here:
https://playkey.io/en/contribute/?icoStart=true
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Guys, at this stage, the Playkey collections amounted to $ 5 million. The figure is not bad, but not the greatest. I think many people of us expected more.

Give my account back.

This Russian guy steal my account (password reuse). Don't believe anything he says.
Pages:
Jump to: