Author

Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT - page 271. (Read 277213 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 0
There is a buyback mechanism that is in the works that will be announced. That way, a portion of ppt will be destroyed and supply will be reduced, assuming demand is constant, will drive prices up. Investors will want to buy as prices may increase after the buy back. Increased demand drives the prices up.

Investors who have ppt will see prices for each token increase in price, while earning pokens if they do invest in invoices with it, giving more reasons to hold.

Let's be crystal clear:

Less supply = higher price.

We all understand that.

The fundamental question is: what makes PPT so desirable over Fiat?

Both PPT and Fiat holders can invest in invoices, can they not?

Again, you don't need PPT to invest in invoices. You can simply invest Fiat.

People answer with, "Because PPT is priced higher than the dollar, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but the price is higher because people are speculating that it's going to go higher in the future.

THAT'S THE DEFINITION OF A BUBBLE.

It was the same with the housing crash of 2008.

People were buying homes, not because they wanted to live in them, but because they assumed the homes would go up in value.

Now look at PPT: are you buying the PPT token because you assume it's going to go up in value? Or is there some kind of intrinsic benefit to holding it?

Remember, you don't need the token to invest in invoices.

Activity: 4
I sent a message to Steve and Clif to see either could clarify and waiting for a response. Obviously, the incentive to buy PPT is the increased value of your token due to the platform increased value and we can buy invoices using our appreciated PPT value.....however, if whales with 10s of millions jump in and can simply buy pokens with fiat who's to say that smaller PPT owners will even have a chance to buy invoices....Sad

I agree. I just asked this question in the Slack group as well as on a few YouTube channels I watch.

I can't seem to wrap my head around WHY the price of PPT would go up?

If you can simply invest fiat, why go through the trouble of owning PPT?

A common answer is, "Because PPT will appreciate, thus, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question: WHY will PPT appreciate? If you don't NEED the token to use the platform, why would it increase in value?

Hopefully we can get an answer to this.

[ITS the investor rational thinking which drives PPT up]
If you had 100.000 Fiat on your account, would you like to keep it there as fiat, or would you thing to change it to Bitcoin/PPT. After 1 year would you be (in your exptection) more happy with 100.000 fiat or  a stong rsing crypto curreny which possibly would buy you more invoice to generat passive income. If you thing about it it should become more clear why PPT is already rising and will more the next years. Also we not know which FIAT/PPT  ratio the will allow in future  at Populous, in the moment every money will be welcome but always? unlimited fiat ?.... I dont thing so...

That doesn't answer the question.

You say, "a strong rising crypto currency".

Okay, WHY would PPT increase? What's the mechanism?

You don't NEED PPT to buy invoices. You can simply invest fiat.

If there's no need for it, why own it?

Saying, "it will go up because it will go up" isn't a good answer.

I'm not trying to spread FUD here. I'm heavily invested in PPT and I want to see it succeed.

I just don't know what incentive it has to increase in value.

There is a buyback mechanism that is in the works that will be announced. That way, a portion of ppt will be destroyed and supply will be reduced, assuming demand is constant, will drive prices up. Investors will want to buy as prices may increase after the buy back. Increased demand drives the prices up.

Investors who have ppt will see prices for each token increase in price, while earning pokens if they do invest in invoices with it, giving more reasons to hold.
Activity: 24
I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley

And this kind of appreciation I like. Thank you for this post!
Stay positive! Smiley

I want to grow my bag bigger and am trying to grow a portfolio for my family for the future and to back my asset fund. I need to know where I can buy more apart from ETHERDELTA. I don't know how to use etherdelta at all, I tried lol. Any help is appreciated in this matter.. when I click deposit in etherdelta to upload some eth or btc it doesn't work.

I also tried to join the slack room but got this message: Populous platform
Failed! Something has gone wrong. Please contact a system administrator.

Have you tried using another browser? I have heard that some people have problems with ether delta if they are using google chrome although personally I have never had any problems with ether delta using google chrome. Just a thought. 
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

I want to grow my bag bigger and am trying to grow a portfolio for my family for the future and to back my asset fund. I need to know where I can buy more apart from ETHERDELTA. I don't know how to use etherdelta at all, I tried lol. Any help is appreciated in this matter.. when I click deposit in etherdelta to upload some eth or btc it doesn't work.

You can buy some PPT over at mercatox as well if you like. https://mercatox.com/exchange/PPT/BTC

Or maybe you can check this etherdelta guide to buy tokens there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7uzuXmqco

@Sy and @Emidab thank you both for your awesome help, let's load up..and yes I need to educate myself how to use Etherdelta as well.coz price is going up and I need to load my bagz Smiley I am snuggly keeping my 277 in my wallet, will not touch those.

I will try again the slack room, if I can't join slack I will join telegram..
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective

You can buy some PPT over at mercatox as well if you like. https://mercatox.com/exchange/PPT/BTC

Or maybe you can check this etherdelta guide to buy tokens there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7uzuXmqco
Activity: 13
I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley

Stay positive! Smiley

Etherdelta is very easy to use and very intuitive.
The best will be if you'll find some video/tutorials on YouTube how to use this exchange  and just try with small amount of Ether.
There is a lot of videos already with instructions and tips.
Good luck!
legendary

Stay positive! Smiley

I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley

Stay positive! Smiley
legendary
Any other exchanges trade POPULOUS apart from Etherdelta? I can't seem to use this exchange, when I try to upload funds it doesn't work.  Huh
Any news about alpha? Is it already running? Somebody participating?
Beside Clif High ofcourse Wink
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
is anyone out there buying up more on this small dip? i fought the urge to buy last night. FOMO was killing me but i fought it off and im glad i did. I wish i wouldve taken some profits at .03 though I was up like 5k
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
So much drama in ICO coins  these days its'a so damn entertaining  when a bunch of kids with no crypto knowledge throw money at things.

what you  gonna do with them, they just kids...

So any PPT owner who has a question about the Populous platform is a kid?

Show some respect.

No doubt. We r just looking for answers.
Smitty, were you looking for this?
https://bitpopulous.slack.com
@jahigrant for invite Smiley

How exactly do you register for slack. It asks foir login info but I have none...any help?
Activity: 42
So much drama in ICO coins  these days its'a so damn entertaining  when a bunch of kids with no crypto knowledge throw money at things.

Show some respect.

Smitty, were you looking for this?
https://bitpopulous.slack.com
@jahigrant for invite Smiley

Show some respect.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why would invoices exist when we have cryptocurrency and smart contracts?
Activity: 144

Show some respect.
Also, can someone explain or tell me where to find details on the buyback program of PPT? I don't like the sound of losing my PPT at any point either of that's what happens..thanks
No details available, 45, except that they will buy back at market value. So if you want, you  HODL Cheesy
'45' * Sorry Smitty bad magnification on my monitor Grin
yeah it's my eyes
Also, can someone explain or tell me where to find details on the buyback program of PPT? I don't like the sound of losing my PPT at any point either of that's what happens..thanks
No details available, 45, except that they will buy back at market value. So if you want, you  HODL Cheesy
Activity: 650
Merit: 350
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
In my opinion POPULOUS similar as TaaS and even better. all PPT holder will get his dividend every month,week and day.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
I sent a message to Steve and Clif to see either could clarify and waiting for a response. Obviously, the incentive to buy PPT is the increased value of your token due to the platform increased value and we can buy invoices using our appreciated PPT value.....however, if whales with 10s of millions jump in and can simply buy pokens with fiat who's to say that smaller PPT owners will even have a chance to buy invoices....Sad

I agree. I just asked this question in the Slack group as well as on a few YouTube channels I watch.

I can't seem to wrap my head around WHY the price of PPT would go up?

If you can simply invest fiat, why go through the trouble of owning PPT?

A common answer is, "Because PPT will appreciate, thus, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question: WHY will PPT appreciate? If you don't NEED the token to use the platform, why would it increase in value?

Hopefully we can get an answer to this.

Great point!! Yes, hope to get answers and thanks for asking that!
im also curious about that. if you dont need the tokens why would they increase in price.
Jump to: