Author

Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT - page 270. (Read 277213 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 0
Let's just put a hypothetical situation here.

If I were to buy ALL the PPT tokens in existence, and hold em in a wallet, collecting internet dust, the system would still function?

Got an answer from Clif via email.

He said "Nope".

So I'm guessing that the PPT tokens are needed in some way to make the system work.

If I were to buy ALL the PPT tokens in existence, and hold em in a wallet, collecting internet dust, the system would still function?

Very interesting question.

I would love to hear an answer to this.
Activity: 28
My dad mentioned populous the other day so I checked it out and it seems like a very solid project and I am definetely interested

However..
How is it different than hive? (hive-project.net)

Thank you
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
CryptoDetective

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
interesting idea. Lot's to learn and consider in this thread.

Welcome! Wink
You ain't be disappointed.
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
interesting idea. Lot's to learn and consider in this thread.
Activity: 42
All, here is a DIRECT quote from the email that Clif got back to me on:

"misunderstanding. Contact Steve at pop. He will tell you PPT are the 'utility gateway' to their
system.
very necessary component.
The fiat pools are misunderstood in how they work.

clif"

So my understanding is that people can deposit Bitcoin/Fiat into the system BUT they will have to use PPT that is in the system. So for very easy math, lets say that there are 1,000 PPT in the system, and $10,000 worth of invoices. Then each PPT has to be worth $10 in order to purchase all of the available invoices.

Hence the price demand will be that people will want to put their PPT into the system and leverage it, OR sell it on exchanges to other people to put onto the system.

Holders of PPT will essentially be renting their PPT to people who want to buy contracts with Fiat/Crypto.... thats my understanding.

BRB going to twitter to scour every post they made.

Thanks to u and Clif! Nice work! Now it makes sense why it will skyrocket!!!
Booya Smitty!!! Cheesy
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Please get clarification. I re-read the whitepaper again. It mentions a smart contract that will hold your PPT and convert to pokens to buy a contract. The PPT is released back to you when invoice is paid, and you will get your profit in pokens.

But it stands to reason that if you have pokens already you can buy invoices without having any PPT. And since you can sell your pokens for fiat, I'm sure you can buy pokens with fiat. Thus I conclude there is no NECESSITY or benefit to have/hold/use PPT.

So when Clif says, "The fiat pools are misunderstood in how they work," I agree. Someone please explain how they work.

Hence the price demand will be that people will want to put their PPT into the system and leverage it, OR sell it on exchanges to other people to put onto the system.
Please explain the leverage. If a PPT is worth $10 and 1000 PPT lets me purchase a $10k invoice, there is no leverage.

"misunderstanding. Contact Steve at pop. He will tell you PPT are the 'utility gateway' to their
system.

clif"

So my understanding is that people can deposit Bitcoin/Fiat into the system BUT they will have to use PPT that is in the system. So for very easy math, lets say that there are 1,000 PPT in the system, and $10,000 worth of invoices. Then each PPT has to be worth $10 in order to purchase all of the available invoices.

Holders of PPT will essentially be renting their PPT to people who want to buy contracts with Fiat/Crypto.... thats my understanding.

Thanks to u and Clif! Nice work! Now it makes sense why it will skyrocket!!!
Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Hey Thanks for your kind words.

I currently manage some Crypto accounts for clients and PPT makes up over $100k USD worth of value, so I have EVERY incentive to keep the community strong and with the best information that I can give out Smiley

If you really want to thank me subscribe to my youtube channel and smash that like button on my videos  Grin Grin

system.

clif"

Nice catch BTCBusinessConsult.

If that's the way it works, you've summed it up quite nicely.

Perhaps you should be on the marketing team for Populous Cheesy

system.

clif"

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Bingo! For the record I'm heavily invested in PPT and want it to succeed. If you listen to Cliff/Steve video and start at 55 min and listen for 6 min, Steve only talks about PPT holders doing the invoice buying and the fiat pool used at a financial backup support to cover the PPT holders' invoices they are buying. He said he expects demand for PPT to go way up due to the buyback and for the demand to do invoice factoring. The white paper does say though if u put 1 fiat in you get 1 poken in the platform. We are definitely missing something....do PPT holders get first rights to the invoices before fiat buyers are needed, are fiat buyers only participating in the "buy" of invoices by being the pool of funds backing up PPT holders and making a small return (.5% monthly i.e.) while PPT holders make the 4% like the example they've given us? Both of those scenarios would indeed increase demand and the cost per token. But, if u can simply buy invoices with fiat just like PPT holders then it's different. If that's the case, then are there enough invoices for all of us (PPT holders and fiat) to go around?  I don't know... It would be great to have concrete answers but I get no responses from anyone either.
It's not a good indication that they want to burn PPT.
That means that fiat can definitely buy invoices. Otherwise you would never burn PPT.
Their reluctance to answer this is an indication that there is no answer.

Another bad indication is that they misspelled "Receivables" on the main screenshot of the alpha. Right below that, it's spelled correctly several times. How did they not correct and fix that? Sloppy!

Good response and sound reasoning. I just want to get to the root of the answer because since day 1 I understood it was needed to have PPT to use the platform.

I have read the whitepaper (specially page 15 till end) about 10 times and there is still enough doubt in my mind to make me want to keep digging for a certain answer.

It is very confusing thats for sure, hopefully we will be able to get an answer nailed down soon.

I brought it up to Steve in the Slack, and he responded, "If you look back at our twitter you will find the answer to all your questions."

Interpret that however you'd like.

Personally, I would like them to brush up the whitepaper to make it more clear about what role PPT plays on the platform, but it doesn't seem like they're going to do that.
! FOR THOSE WHO KEEP SAYING ETHER DELTA IS SCARY !

If you WANT PPT tokens I am more than willing to send you PPT tokens at market value, plus a small fee for me.

You send me Ethereum, I send you PPT and I just rebuy the PPT I sent you on the market. Let me know if you are interested. I am more than happy to provide this service.

I will reach out to Clif high again and see if he saw in the code anything about the PPT needed or not for invoice tokens.

Hi BTCBusinessConsult.

It's been made clear in the whitepaper (page. 18) and in dozens of videos that you don't need PPT to access the platform.

Whenever I bring this up to people, they say, "But you know Populous is going to buy back the PPT tokens so they're going to increase in value".

They don't realize that the buyback program only increases the price of PPT if there's a demand for it.

And there won't be a huge demand if big whales can simply invest using Bitcoin or Fiat.

I've been asking on Twitter, YouTube, Slack, and this forum, and the only response I get is, "You're just trying to spread FUD".

Getting an answer shouldn't be this complicated. It makes me think that nobody TRULY understands how the platform works.

Bingo! For the record I'm heavily invested in PPT and want it to succeed. If you listen to Cliff/Steve video and start at 55 min and listen for 6 min, Steve only talks about PPT holders doing the invoice buying and the fiat pool used at a financial backup support to cover the PPT holders' invoices they are buying. He said he expects demand for PPT to go way up due to the buyback and for the demand to do invoice factoring. The white paper does say though if u put 1 fiat in you get 1 poken in the platform. We are definitely missing something....do PPT holders get first rights to the invoices before fiat buyers are needed, are fiat buyers only participating in the "buy" of invoices by being the pool of funds backing up PPT holders and making a small return (.5% monthly i.e.) while PPT holders make the 4% like the example they've given us? Both of those scenarios would indeed increase demand and the cost per token. But, if u can simply buy invoices with fiat just like PPT holders then it's different. If that's the case, then are there enough invoices for all of us (PPT holders and fiat) to go around?  I don't know... It would be great to have concrete answers but I get no responses from anyone either.
Good response and sound reasoning. I just want to get to the root of the answer because since day 1 I understood it was needed to have PPT to use the platform.

I have read the whitepaper (specially page 15 till end) about 10 times and there is still enough doubt in my mind to make me want to keep digging for a certain answer.

It is very confusing thats for sure, hopefully we will be able to get an answer nailed down soon.

If you WANT PPT tokens I am more than willing to send you PPT tokens at market value, plus a small fee for me.

You send me Ethereum, I send you PPT and I just rebuy the PPT I sent you on the market. Let me know if you are interested. I am more than happy to provide this service.

I will reach out to Clif high again and see if he saw in the code anything about the PPT needed or not for invoice tokens.

Hi BTCBusinessConsult.

It's been made clear in the whitepaper (page. 18) and in dozens of videos that you don't need PPT to access the platform.

Whenever I bring this up to people, they say, "But you know Populous is going to buy back the PPT tokens so they're going to increase in value".

They don't realize that the buyback program only increases the price of PPT if there's a demand for it.

And there won't be a huge demand if big whales can simply invest using Bitcoin or Fiat.

I've been asking on Twitter, YouTube, Slack, and this forum, and the only response I get is, "You're just trying to spread FUD".

Getting an answer shouldn't be this complicated. It makes me think that nobody TRULY understands how the platform works.

My Father in Law is interested now to purchase some PPC as he was very happy that my Wife has some and she managed to purchase a few more on Mercatox after the excellent instructions left by our fellow Bitcointalk Friends. So as I understand it it POPULOUS will buy back PPC tokens and burn some in order for it to become more scarce thus helping to drive up its value?

That plan only works assuming the demand for PPT remains high.

For example, if they are burning a token that isn't needed to use the platform, then why would the price go up?

Scarcity only matters if the thing that's scarce has value.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
My Father in Law is interested now to purchase some PPC as he was very happy that my Wife has some and she managed to purchase a few more on Mercatox after the excellent instructions left by our fellow Bitcointalk Friends. So as I understand it it POPULOUS will buy back PPC tokens and burn some in order for it to become more scarce thus helping to drive up its value?
Jump to: