Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System - page 4. (Read 4497 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 24
Very interesting idea. And with a great social filling. But prisons are so closed theme that I think you will have big problems with governments while implementing. Anyhow good luck guys
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
Hello, tell me what's going on with the bounty company? Will it be active and how to be the one who has already begun to participate?
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Basic human rights must be fulfilled always and anywhere, even in prison. Transparency of the legal system are needed today. I think CellBlocks can help to produce proper rights to prisoner as Cellblocks will install Kiosk in prison. Hope this will reduce violence and by using this token, prisoner can be beneficial to their daily life in prison. It is the right way of doing something legal and beneficiary. Wish a good luck to this project. Will look into this project further.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Once a prisoner has a Cellblocks balance, are they able to cash it out for USD? I ask because it might be useful in some situation to have that option.

From my understanding due to their limited internet access they would have to send the tokens to a loved one who can sell them on a exchange for them. 

Who said life in prison was easy :-)

Interesting. I wonder if the kiosks will offer this option?
copper member
Activity: 112
What is the biggest challenge for Cellblocks (past or present) and how did/will you overcome it?

I think this question got overlooked.

There are two/.

1.  It seems the pilot prison being the first will want a backing an escrow.  We have agreed to provide the State a $500,000 cash escrow for a 12 month period.

2.  Teaching the inmates about crypto.  This can be done, but it is a challenge.
Activity: 358
Merit: 118
A very interesting project with specific goals, a good product and a worthy team that will certainly achieve its goals !

Yes of course, This is really unique and interesting project, When i am seeing at the initial i had a doubt and how it is possible in prisons. Later i was reviewed the whitepaper which is really awesome and i was impressed. Happy to part of this project. I hope this is one of the best project in 2018. Good luck Smiley Smiley Smiley
copper member
Is there any interest or confirmed trials with any prisons?

The first state we gave a presentation to is looking at installing it in two of their Facilities for the pilot program.  We are meeting with 2 more states in the next month.

That is already a huge milestone. For them to be considering it so heavily is promising. I can't wait until you guys set in stone the first pilot prisons and start working to get it functional. I think that is going to blow people's minds who are underestimating this project.  Cheesy

But will they use it to have a better option to conduct surveillance over their imprisoned people or for what purpose would they agree to make use of it?

I think it will make transactions more transparent, naturally. But it can't eliminate illegal transactions because people can still trade, which is what I'm sure they do now. What it will solve is guards stealing from prisoners. It will be extremely transparent that the theft occurred which will prevent it from happening. Just my ideas and understanding.

This is correct, even as the Director of Prisons put it, this will not solve 100% of the problems, but if it can help by 30%, it is 30% more then they have now as far as the transparency goes.
Activity: 512
Merit: 101

The first state we gave a presentation to is looking at installing it in two of their Facilities for the pilot program.  We are meeting with 2 more states in the next month.

That is already a huge milestone. For them to be considering it so heavily is promising. I can't wait until you guys set in stone the first pilot prisons and start working to get it functional. I think that is going to blow people's minds who are underestimating this project.  Cheesy

But will they use it to have a better option to conduct surveillance over their imprisoned people or for what purpose would they agree to make use of it?

I think it will make transactions more transparent, naturally. But it can't eliminate illegal transactions because people can still trade, which is what I'm sure they do now. What it will solve is guards stealing from prisoners. It will be extremely transparent that the theft occurred which will prevent it from happening. Just my ideas and understanding.
Activity: 154
What is the biggest challenge for Cellblocks (past or present) and how did/will you overcome it?

I think this question got overlooked.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251

Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Will Cellblocks tokens only be used inside of prisons? Are there any uses for it outside of prisons?

We will support the token holders on the outside through the Monthly Loyalty Program

Good afternoon. Where can I learn more about the monthly loyalty program? Thanks.
Activity: 378
A very interesting project with specific goals, a good product and a worthy team that will certainly achieve its goals !

Awesome company with great potential , I believe in her success and advise you! Continue to follow the news! As the project develops very fast!After ICO is a stunning result!
copper member
Will Cellblocks tokens only be used inside of prisons? Are there any uses for it outside of prisons?

We will support the token holders on the outside through the Monthly Loyalty Program
Activity: 234
Missouri, joining the list of states that allow inmates to use tablets.

Missouri prisoners getting free tablets
Soon, more than 33,000 Missouri prisoners will be getting free tablets

http://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/missouri-prisoners-getting-free-tablets/63-523556138

That is a huge step forward for prisoners. Not that Cellblocks relies on tablets because you guys plan to install kiosks. But, is there going to be Cellblocks support for tablets as well?

The tablets are through a third party, we are not going to worry about that now and just use our own Kiosk machines, but as we move forward, it would be a great partnership.

That's really great. I'm glad to see that prisons are moving forward and that Cellblocks may eventually plan to work with prisons that own tablets. Kiosks are a great start too. I think prisons have been needing such a change for a long time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
a very interesting project thread about the information allocation of funds on each item developed and also about the sale of coins, where unsold coins will be damaged, the coin listing schedule is very clear, really interesting to me
Activity: 168
Very interesting and thoughtful project in the most unusual field. I believe that this project will succeed and I wish you good luck! Wink
Activity: 76
Cellblocks looks like a unique project. How many developers do you have working on this project?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Activity: 92
The pre-sale will begin in a few days, let us wait for its arrival, let the prisoner use the token is the time to prove its value.
Pages:
Jump to: