Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PURK] Purk - A Cryptocurrency for Donations, Tips & Private Payments - page 13. (Read 35097 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Is PURK listed exchange?I saw that nethash was already very high, causing very high mining costs.
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
GTX 1070 TI + GTX 970 OVERCLOCK

I´m using

Power Limite = 80%
Memory Clock + 650
Fan 60%

Temperature
1070TI = 68º (GIGABYTE) very noise and hot
GTX 970 = 59º (GALAX)

I´ve Hash Rate  20.40 MH/se in the pool Purk.  Is good number?

I could squeeze out of my 1070 (upd: and out of my RX480...) only 2.5 MH... No matter what clocks I set on GPU/memory.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Thanks a lot, IonicTong
All the best.
nice try copy boolbery

Hmmmm not quite. We have been very open about developing Purk on Boolberry/Cryptonote.

Does your comment apply to all other coins in the crypto space?

http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin

The fact that we forked Boolberry is irrelevant in my opinion. It's the direction we take it in next is what matters....
Activity: 57
Is it possible to mine with GPU only
and to use the CPU for other tasks

Yes. Absolutely. Use OpenCL miner and specify wildkeccak_cl, then the mine will only use your GPU
Activity: 2

Sounds like cmake is using up too much of your resources to make.

Also with your command you are telling cmake to make everything in Purk, which takes a lot of resources to build. You could probably get away with:

Code:
make -j 1 daemon simplewallet
Thanks for your response. I was just following the official installation how-to.

It's strange. Tried it again. Nothing else running on my computer, it runs up to 86% (not check_points_... this time, though, some connection test). CPU (i5-6200) goes to 100 %, RAM 11.2 of 11.6 GiB, SWAP 7-8 GB. My laptop is not that old & the system not that weak & still ...

Since I'm not much of a command line guy I wanted the GUI wallet. So, for the time being, I suppose, I'll forget Purk. Maybe I'll try it again after some Purk update.
Activity: 27
Is it possible to mine with GPU only
and to use the CPU for other tasks
Tried 3 times to install on Kubuntu 16.04, following how-to-build (Linux advanced) instructions at https://docs.purkproject.com/. When I come to "cd purk; make -j"
it runs until 86% (check_points_test.cpp.o) is reached
then dozens of cc1plus thingies pop up in KSysGuard, CPU goes to 100%.
The only thing I can do after that is moving the mouse pointer until after a few minutes that also freezes & I have to turn off the laptop. No error messages.

Any idea about what I could have done wrong?

Sounds like cmake is using up too much of your resources to make.

Also with your command you are telling cmake to make everything in Purk, which takes a lot of resources to build. You could probably get away with:

Code:
make -j 1 daemon simplewallet
Tried 3 times to install on Kubuntu 16.04, following how-to-build (Linux advanced) instructions at https://docs.purkproject.com/. When I come to "cd purk; make -j"
it runs until 86% (check_points_test.cpp.o) is reached
then dozens of cc1plus thingies pop up in KSysGuard, CPU goes to 100%.
The only thing I can do after that is moving the mouse pointer until after a few minutes that also freezes & I have to turn off the laptop. No error messages.

Any idea about what I could have done wrong?
Can an OTC thread be opened?I see some people who need to trade.After all, it takes a while to listed exchanges.

Yup there is already on Discord. https://discord.gg/cqmSrfz
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
Can an OTC thread be opened?I see some people who need to trade.After all, it takes a while to listed exchanges.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
I am getting ~1mhash/s on an rx460 and roughly the same on an overclocked i7-3930K(@4.4Ghz)

1 MHash/s gives me around 80-120 PURK/day depending on network diff.

So in my experience this coin is both CPU and GPU mineable atm.
Activity: 39
What processor do you use? 11000 H/s is really low.

With a Ryzen 1700 at Stock Speed I get reported hashrates of about 1.3 Mhashes. This would be about 28 Purk per day. In reality the hashrate must be much higher because I'm getting about 100 Purk per day.

Activity: 230
Merit: 1
Nobody is going to mine this coin,
11000 H/s gives you only 0.24 Purk per day!
I just published an article about features, specifications and ongoing development plans for Purk.

This is well worth a read if you want to find out more information about the cryptocurrency.

https://steemit.com/purk/@purkproject/purk-cryptocurrency-donations-tips-and-private-payments
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Nice to see devs working on this project! Many fixes and such! Great job
Interesting projects, through excavation and donation, to achieve the development of PURK. Get away from the hot ICO channels.

Thanks, our thoughts exactly!
Pages:
Jump to: