Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist - page 22. (Read 99254 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
A little off-topic from the normal "how the site works" here, but did the guy that got in trouble over someone using a stolen credit card to send his order ever get it resolved? And have there been any other reports since then?

As far as I know, Purse paid all the legal fees for him and got him out of the mess. Haven't heard anything similar since then.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
A little off-topic from the normal "how the site works" here, but did the guy that got in trouble over someone using a stolen credit card to send his order ever get it resolved? And have there been any other reports since then?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
When doing an instant purchase, after the bitcoins confirm, I see a "Confirm Shipment" button on the order page. What is this button for?

That's the button you press once your order actually arrives. That's what releases the funds in escrow to the person who purchased the items on your behalf.

Got it. It was confusing to me because the shipment occurs well before it is received. I almost felt like it was instructing me to click the button to *initiate* the shipment once the bitcoins had been received by Purse, but that just didn't make sense (which is why I asked).

It's obviously not my site, but I think something less ambiguous like "Package Received" or "Confirm package received" or something along those lines might be less confusing to people. Just my two satoshis.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
When doing an instant purchase, after the bitcoins confirm, I see a "Confirm Shipment" button on the order page. What is this button for?

That's the button you press once your order actually arrives. That's what releases the funds in escrow to the person who purchased the items on your behalf.
legendary
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
A few stupid questions (I know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions)

What purchases can be made internationally without issue,? With gift cards vs. credit card, Kindle maybe, not sure.

Many things cannot be purchased with gift card balances, gift cards, downloadable games, etc. Is there a list somewhere? You generally do not see if your gift card balance is being charged until the last step.

Can you pick other Amazon sellers to avoid sales tax?

It is mentioned that first timers are restricted to 8% discount, though all the first time sellers I can see show an effective rate higher than 8%. Is some commission included?

What is the comb looking icon in the spenders column?

Why does Purse restrict Spenders to an 8% minimum, what possible purpose can that serve? As long as they put a minimum commission what would it matter?

The blog shows empty to me, but I see links in this thread to a blog. Is there a better link?

Should we if asked, give the spender the tracking number to the item?

Why is there a rating system for Bitcoin buyers, the process starts with them ordering and Amazon shipping the item. What could they possibly do to enhance or degrade the transaction? I would think, the only realistic negative could be some type of fraud. In that situation, one would think Purse should get involved with something a little stronger than a bad rating.

I would like to know about this also.
legendary
Why does purse giving me so many disappointments? Since i waited over night to get some product bought i now decided that i cant wait any longer, since it seems no buyers are around at the moment. Or purse isnt advertising at the moment. So i sat my discount to 5% and... nothing happens. Not purse instant. I had tried purse instant before with 8% discount as a tester and all went fine, besides giving them the shipping address.

Now i tried to buy the product directly through their searchbar and... they tell me that only US-Adresses are accepted anymore.

Great. Useless feature again. And i thought i can trust purse on this because i need the product till mai 8th. I feel like i shouldnt put trust into purse since at the end they change their rules anyway so that i cant participate.  Embarrassed

For once the US gets a Bitcoin feature first. lol, no, wait, for once the US gets a *technology* feature first. Have some patience, man.
Activity: 315
A few stupid questions (I know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions)

What purchases can be made internationally without issue,? With gift cards vs. credit card, Kindle maybe, not sure.

Many things cannot be purchased with gift card balances, gift cards, downloadable games, etc. Is there a list somewhere? You generally do not see if your gift card balance is being charged until the last step.

Can you pick other Amazon sellers to avoid sales tax?

It is mentioned that first timers are restricted to 8% discount, though all the first time sellers I can see show an effective rate higher than 8%. Is some commission included?

What is the comb looking icon in the spenders column?

Why does Purse restrict Spenders to an 8% minimum, what possible purpose can that serve? As long as they put a minimum commission what would it matter?

The blog shows empty to me, but I see links in this thread to a blog. Is there a better link?

Should we if asked, give the spender the tracking number to the item?

Why is there a rating system for Bitcoin buyers, the process starts with them ordering and Amazon shipping the item. What could they possibly do to enhance or degrade the transaction? I would think, the only realistic negative could be some type of fraud. In that situation, one would think Purse should get involved with something a little stronger than a bad rating.

In regards to the "Import Amazon Gift Card " feature, I see it takes 24-48 hours to get processed. Does that mean paid or do you take 1-2 days to actually redeem the card? I am sure most buyers don't really care when Purse pays them, but wish to get the card out of the control of whoever sold it to them.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Why does purse giving me so many disappointments? Since i waited over night to get some product bought i now decided that i cant wait any longer, since it seems no buyers are around at the moment. Or purse isnt advertising at the moment. So i sat my discount to 5% and... nothing happens. Not purse instant. I had tried purse instant before with 8% discount as a tester and all went fine, besides giving them the shipping address.

Now i tried to buy the product directly through their searchbar and... they tell me that only US-Adresses are accepted anymore.

Great. Useless feature again. And i thought i can trust purse on this because i need the product till mai 8th. I feel like i shouldnt put trust into purse since at the end they change their rules anyway so that i cant participate.  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1400
I will try it out, hopefully I can get some good deals
legendary
Cross-post, but the API purse.io is calling from shapeshift.io for Instant is not working properly for Monero: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11272211
Activity: 405
@amouretpaix: Thank you. Well, I've tried to logon either with IE and Chrome, resetting password more than once, without success. Same test performed in two different clients and in a third one with Chrome and FF. After that, I reasonably suspect the problem is server-side.
Activity: 405
@mrkent:
If you read this message, this is a Support call.
I cannot logon to Purse.io since tuesday 28/04.  The following day I raised a call to the support team. I received an answer from Ashkan, where I've been told that the following day my issue would have been addressed.
After that, not any further answer back, even if I reported to have receveid an email informing me that my item was purchased by a buyer.
That was my first ad.
I hope I'll be able to release BTC, when I'll receive the item (providing that the item has been actually purchased by someone).
I hope as well not to receive a negative feedback, in case I won't be able to logon in time.
My username @Purse.io is NUNKEST.

Thanks for help.
Hello, ok so bitcoin buyer frauder can use stolen credit card for ordering and I can get arrested/sued for fraud ?

According to recent statistics, there is a 0.0001% chance of that happening, and even if it does, purse will cover up to $10,000 of legal fees.
Hello,
I had problem using brawker, I would know how purse.io protect the bitcoin spender against the bitcoin buyer who use stolen credit card ?
What happen if I recieved an item that was ordered by a frauder using stolen credit card ?
thank you

Purse will refund it. If something drastic happens and you get arrested/sued for fraud, Purse.io will cover up to $10,000 of legal fees.
https://purse.io/blog/post/107428330333/our-commitment-to-trust-security
Also, is the Purse Instant feature just in beta? It looks awesome and I'd love to try it since I have to get some stuff off Amazon, but it seems that its US only for now.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
mrkent... where do you get the vouchers for the Instant program for? I mean i you guys buy those vouchers then you are at risk. Or does the 5% already have this risk priced in?
Activity: 249
Merit: 256
Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant
Regarding fees:

We'll probably just abstract the whole fee thing and just let users select via their final effective discount.
Activity: 302
https://purse.io/blog/post/101695038908/our-first-full-time-hire-welcome-steven

“you guys are pickier than Google!”

How about hiring a few guys do actually do customer service? That would help you in the long run. Just my 2 cents.
Pages:
Jump to: