Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist - page 25. (Read 99232 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Does anybody have any good experiences with Purse? I've admittedly made some good money via a secret method of mine and want to spend it, but I'm not sure how speedy or how legitimate Purse is. I've read the past pages and it sounds good, but I wanna hear from somebody's whose actually been on the selling-Bitcoin side.
Activity: 249
Merit: 256
Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant
I can't find anything helpful in the Help section on Purse, so I'll ask here.

I've done 20+ transactions on Purse, but none recently. I just tried putting a small order (tetherball) on Purse, but found myself unable to adjust the discount from the 8% default. I went ahead and just did the 8% and saw it was immediately accepted by "Purseinstant" which sounds good enough, but I'm curious as to why I couldn't adjust the discount. Was it because of the small size of the order (<$15), or something about my approval levels (2/5)?

For those grouching about Purse being a hassle for small orders, I'd point out that if you don't have Amazon Prime the free shipping alone makes Purse worthwhile, and I probably did the whole order almost as fast as if I'd made the purchase on Amazon, since I already had a bit of BTC stashed at Purse and didn't have to mess with credit card details, etc.

It's probably because you use internet explorer, which we don't support.

I think things like that should be stated on every page of purse. Its important when scripts dont work and there are ways to show such a message when an internet explorer is recognized. Its easy to implement and probably would prevent questions, answering time and customers who are disappointed. Only saying...

Good point, we'll do that.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

I've done 20+ transactions on Purse, but none recently. I just tried putting a small order (tetherball) on Purse, but found myself unable to adjust the discount from the 8% default. I went ahead and just did the 8% and saw it was immediately accepted by "Purseinstant" which sounds good enough, but I'm curious as to why I couldn't adjust the discount. Was it because of the small size of the order (<$15), or something about my approval levels (2/5)?

For those grouching about Purse being a hassle for small orders, I'd point out that if you don't have Amazon Prime the free shipping alone makes Purse worthwhile, and I probably did the whole order almost as fast as if I'd made the purchase on Amazon, since I already had a bit of BTC stashed at Purse and didn't have to mess with credit card details, etc.

I think things like that should be stated on every page of purse. Its important when scripts dont work and there are ways to show such a message when an internet explorer is recognized. Its easy to implement and probably would prevent questions, answering time and customers who are disappointed. Only saying...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

Well, that would explain it. So much for placing orders over lunch at work! Thanks for the explanation though.

legendary

Activity: 434
Merit: 252
I wanted to reply here that I did receive the bitcoins that was escrow on my Purse.io account. The admin did remove the hold on it after 50+hrs after the item was delivered.
Activity: 53
Merit: 3
This market place is a good idea in theory but in reality this marketplace isn't worth the fees. I deposited bitcoins 36 hours ago. still no buyer. dont waste your time with this service it isn't worth the transactions fees since they cannot sell bitcoins to a non existent customer base.
By the way... yesterday i got a call from a seller who claimed the buyer did a chargeback at amazon. I did not ask for a chargeback and im pleased with the product. I only can hope purse is fixing this since i dont want to get in trouble.

Same thing happened to me, purse won't help you as you aren't to blame..
My case was also through amazon.de, I wonder if the buyer was the same person.. Was his username something young?

No, more looking like first letter of first name, then name and last two digits of birthdate. I now rated him bad. He didnt answer. Purse tries to fix things and they answered fast.

This market place is a good idea in theory but in reality this marketplace isn't worth the fees. I deposited bitcoins 36 hours ago. still no buyer. dont waste your time with this service it isn't worth the transactions fees since they cannot sell bitcoins to a non existent customer base.

Waiting some time is the downside of purse sometimes. It happens that my offers arent taken for some time but then on another time they all get taken very fast.

My other problem with the wrongly refunded coins is solved now. mrkent solved it after checking and he found that the purse admin did an error and had refunded me the wrong way. Now its fixed.

But still... amazon.de blocked makes purse on hold for me.

By the way... yesterday i got a call from a seller who claimed the buyer did a chargeback at amazon. I did not ask for a chargeback and im pleased with the product. I only can hope purse is fixing this since i dont want to get in trouble.

We suspect it might not have been the Amazon vendor, but actually the buyer on Purse. Amazon has been leaking wishlist address data recently and it's possible for buyers to see your phone number. We've been trying to contact Amazon regarding this issue but they have no responsible disclosure program.

I dont think it was the buyer. It was a woman, giving me an email address where i can contact her and i checked it now, its the real email address of the seller. Since purse told me the amazon order is still intact i think it might be a credit card chargeback. Though strangely, the payment should be done to amazon and from there to the seller isnt it? I dont know if the buyer wants to scam or if he was a carder and the real cc-owner charged back.

Its the first incident of that kind of many many products i bought. But still... im puzzled why purse thought that identification of buyers isnt needed from the start. It looks like a invitation for carders otherwise. But it sounds a bit like purse is changing this.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Same thing happened to me, purse won't help you as you aren't to blame..
My case was also through amazon.de, I wonder if the buyer was the same person.. Was his username something young?
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
I bought someone's btc on there by the name of Corsair. The item was delivered on Monday the 23rd, and they have yet to release the escrow. I've messaged support numerous times with 1 response from them on Tuesday saying that they would release the escrow in 24hrs. Well, its been 48 and they still haven't released the escrow. In my opinion, I would not use their site again because of this. This was my first time, so this is my bad experience with them. I may get the btc yet, idk, but I haven't like its stated in their page.

Waiting some time is the downside of purse sometimes. It happens that my offers arent taken for some time but then on another time they all get taken very fast.

My other problem with the wrongly refunded coins is solved now. mrkent solved it after checking and he found that the purse admin did an error and had refunded me the wrong way. Now its fixed.

We suspect it might not have been the Amazon vendor, but actually the buyer on Purse. Amazon has been leaking wishlist address data recently and it's possible for buyers to see your phone number. We've been trying to contact Amazon regarding this issue but they have no responsible disclosure program.

legendary

Reaching a conclusion based on a sample size of 1?

Some of us have conducted quite a few transactions on Purse. For very small purchases it may not be worth the hassle. But saving $90 on a 4K monitor, among other things, is worth it in my opinion.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
just tired to use it with amazon.de and apparently that is blocked. hmm
Can you help this guy buy cheap Bitcoin from Amazon ?

Sometimes when I want to buy the whishlist and I confirm that I want to put it in my cart, it says it's empty... Anyone got a solution ?

Replied.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

Sometimes when I want to buy the whishlist and I confirm that I want to put it in my cart, it says it's empty... Anyone got a solution ?

Nope... he most probably tries to buy a amazon coupon, which purse blocked some time ago. Then they blocked buying products from outer shops. Cant be bought anymore and the wishlist is simply shown as empty.
Now they started blocking a whole country. I get "We no longer support Amazon.de, please try amazon.co.uk". Though Amazon.co.uk is quite more expensive in my experience.

Im not sure if i can use it anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

I agree, we should be able to update reviews on past transactions as such circumstances change.

I have another proposal for Purse. It's a big one, and no doubt controversial, but I think they need to move in this direction:

1. Create a system/method for verifying real identity of bitcoin-buyers within Purse (similar to those used by Coinbase, Kraken, etc.)
2. Then let those of us spending bitcoin tick a checkbox if we want to limit the bidders for our purchases to only those who have a verified identity.

This way, those of us looking to limit risk can choose to only transact using bitcoin buyers who have a real name, address, etc. on file with Purse (and that info can be obtained for law enforcement purposes ultimately if needed). No one need be forced to use this option, but market demand will drive the degree to which people use it. Those who don't check the box should at some point agree to accept some risk relating to their purchases.

I haven't fully thought this through, so feel free to hash this out and discuss.... I just think something like this is going to be needed, especially from a bitcoin spender point of view.

I think that is a great idea, I would definitely be more inclined to use such a service where I know that the buyer has been verified. That to me would be more important than being ale to ask for Somme crazy discount like 40%.

Hopefully either purse get their act together and offer this kind of protection (seems unlikely) or another company steps in and offers a better customer service and more security for the bitcoin spenders.

A improved reputation system and buyer filter system is already planned. I've thought a lot about this.
Im impressed... since Amazon claimed its not possible to charge the buyer anymore and purse didnt act i had contacted the seller myself now before i posted the post about the three products that were refunded to the buyer instead to my by amazon. And the buyer was really honest. He refunded me the 130€ and this problem is solved now. mrkent had emailed me and i explained him though i didnt got an answer since nearly a week. So i dont know if he had done anything. The buyer didnt say anything about being contacted by purse.

So if you ever trade with MrLehmann then you can be sure to have a honest person trading with you. Smiley

Now i hope the other problem gets solve with the partly refunded items by purse.
Pages:
Jump to: