Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [QCN] QuazarCoin | Full privacy&data protection | Egalitarian PoW - page 5. (Read 186555 times)

slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
Guys,

I am not able to sync the forknote deamon. Please let me know the process to update it.
What is the error you are getting?
Maybe we need to refresh the default seed nodes?
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
Guys,

I am not able to sync the forknote deamon. Please let me know the process to update it.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500
Is there a new wallet for the forknote chain?

Still keep some old coins from the launch date

Thanks
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
Should the forked coin be renamed and voted to be listed on Nova?

I'm still wondering what happens/happened to the "premined" blocks/coins as the new Quazarcoin did not start from the genesis block. Do/did they get distributed to ppl who owned old QCN at the time of the split (like BTC/BCC)?

Considering that we'll probably not convince Minergate to switch to the forknote chain, re-branding the forked coin might be a viable option.
Regarding the old coins, everybody who had the old Quazarcoin coins before the fork and has the old wallet, should have the coins on both chains now... similarly to BTC/BCC.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Should the forked coin be renamed and voted to be listed on Nova?

I'm still wondering what happens/happened to the "premined" blocks/coins as the new Quazarcoin did not start from the genesis block. Do/did they get distributed to ppl who owned old QCN at the time of the split (like BTC/BCC)?
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
The last 2 days I had some issues with the pool, Payments have not been sent out yet, I am still trying to get things stabilized.

The pending balances will be paid just that they will be paid after I stabilize the daemons.

I will also be updating forknote to 2.6.1 maybe things will be more stable. The pool should still be considered beta, that is why the pool fee will remain 0.

I am already working on making the block explorer functional, also I am working on putting the pool on a multi node cluster.

Thank you for understanding

UPDATE: All payments have been sent out now

UPDATE: Blockchain explorer is working now, it should be considered beta, it might have some glitches here and there but largely it should work right. http://qcn.virtual-coins.ga/#blockchain_blocks, Also all the links are now pointing to the correct blockchain explorer.
Activity: 1
I just pointed about 1k/s of power at qcn.virtual-coins.ga.  Using forknote. Also, sync'ing the blockchain on 2 systems right now, and may plan on solo mining both.  Not trying to get rich. Just a hobby.

I may come back here in a bit and explain how it went.  I'm also watching for replies for people to say "Yay" or "quit wasting your time its useless because X happened". <-- been there many times.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
Hi Guys,

Can anybody point me to the wallet download address and pool I can mine on or solo mining steps.

Thanks for your help in advance.
I just noticed that Minergate has stopped mining on their exploited chain about 8 hours ago.

I would be a good time to "as many people as possible" to contact the exchanges and request them "to support to the forknote unexploited chain".

HitBTC has replied to me that they will support the chain with the highest hashrate. That chain now is the forknote chain.

It seems now minergates pool stats now has the "missing blocks" they magically appeared

Thank you

I actually don't understand why Minergate is still running the old daemon, if they know it's vulnerable.
Anyways, I guess they'll happily switch to forknote after somebody abuses the vulnerability and creates "infinite" amount of coins on their chain Cheesy
If there is enough interest I will launch a pool + block explorer + webwallet in near future to support you guys.
I contacted hitbtc on the issue when I discovered it, but i still got no reply from them, except message redirected to second level.

That would be great indeed, all these things would definitely help us convince more people to switch to the Forknote blockchain.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500
Hey is just new at the mining business.

I tried BCN and i get about 50-60 coins/hour so now i tried QCN and i only get 3-3.5 coins/hour

with the same H/s per second and the same amount of workers.

but why? the difficult is so much lower in QCN. Why i dont get more Coins per hour?
9,501,075 (QCN) to 396,529,565 (BCN )

i thought so lower the difficult so faster i can min?!

Mining both at minergate with claymore.

You have to check the coin speficications, how many coins one block will give. BCN gives much more coins per block, which means it's price should be lower than QCN
Activity: 13
Hey is just new at the mining business.

I tried BCN and i get about 50-60 coins/hour so now i tried QCN and i only get 3-3.5 coins/hour

with the same H/s per second and the same amount of workers.

but why? the difficult is so much lower in QCN. Why i dont get more Coins per hour?
9,501,075 (QCN) to 396,529,565 (BCN )

i thought so lower the difficult so faster i can min?!

Mining both at minergate with claymore.
slb
@slb, sorry to put you on the spot, but I suspect you might be a person with a lot of experience(based on the activity on the forum).

Do you happen to know what can happen?
If the unexploited chain becomes longer then the minergate one will they try to merge? Can the community force a merge?

Should we just rename the unexploited chain a try to list it on an exchange?

Thank you

I cannot give you any advice. You guys have to organize yourself and figure it out.
There is 0% change the unexploited chain to be longer, unless minergate stops to mine completely.
I just noticed that Minergate has stopped mining on their exploited chain about 8 hours ago.

I would be a good time to "as many people as possible" to contact the exchanges and request them "to support to the forknote unexploited chain".

HitBTC has replied to me that they will support the chain with the highest hashrate. That chain now is the forknote chain.

It seems now minergates pool stats now has the "missing blocks" they magically appeared

Thank you
@slb, sorry to put you on the spot, but I suspect you might be a person with a lot of experience(based on the activity on the forum).

Do you happen to know what can happen?
If the unexploited chain becomes longer then the minergate one will they try to merge? Can the community force a merge?

Should we just rename the unexploited chain a try to list it on an exchange?

Thank you
Ok, I tried the same with the same result. So, what are the next steps? Does someone know someone who might be interested to take this and do a little dev work with this coin?

What happens to the old coins?
Hello,

I have been mining for some time now at my pool, you can consider it in beta, feel free to mine at it.
http://qcn.virtual-coins.ga/

It is running the forknote daemon.

Thanks

I just directed my CPU's into your pool.

I'm mining to my forknoted wallet address. If I wished so, could I mine to HitBtc wallet or transfer the mined QNC there now when there are two QCN coins/forks (I quess no)?

I just tried to send 1 QCN to hitbtc and it does not get in. I suspect they are running the exploited chain.

Also not response to my support ticket that I have raised.
Hello,

I have been mining for some time now at my pool, you can consider it in beta, feel free to mine at it.
http://qcn.virtual-coins.ga/

It is running the forknote daemon.

Thanks

I just directed my CPU's into your pool.

I'm mining to my forknoted wallet address. If I wished so, could I mine to HitBtc wallet or transfer the mined QNC there now when there are two QCN coins/forks (I quess no)?
Anybody tried to contact HitBTC? I got no reply from them when I contact them about the issue.

Hi Slb,

I have also sent a message on this to HitBTC yesterday. No response until now, I will update everyone one I have a response.

I believe if multiple people will contact them regarding the same issue, that implies that there is a "community" around the unexploited coin so we might receive a response.

Thanks
slb
Anybody tried to contact HitBTC? I got no reply from them when I contact them about the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: