Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 187. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Qora is a new project, almost different from the main cryptos.Our qoal is not only to promote it as it is, but to enhance it with new features to make it the "market changer".
And this will be achieve only by let raising the number of the involved members.I.E. the date that the source of Qora will be published, yes, it is a day that our marketing efforts will might bring new people to the project - community (that's a "mission").

I'd like to see the Qora marketing vision evolve to something like: "the first cryptocurrency implemented on traditional stock exchanges by June 20, 2015." (of course due to enhanced features including lightening validation speed, effective transaction boosting, and featherweight blockchain size).

Let's get to the big leagues marketing team.

PS - I have no idea what you are rambling about in the strikethrough bits, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
the big sell off was you gorillajam?
One warning before I go. If Qora was BCNext and he got tired of all the talk and discussion and not action then don't be surprised if he gets tired again of NXT 2.0. Community and leaves early.

Kind of contradicts what you were saying about taking action before Qora makes a move  Huh

So I'm out at least for the time being at least, sold most of my coins and will buy in later if things develop. I hope this new direction in the end is more successful than Qora's would of been. Good luck.

Hmmm, interesting move. Why announce? Not sure if many would have wondered were you were.  Wink You have helped promote Qora, sometimes too aggressively in my opinion, but hey, we'll see where it goes.

Good luck yourself. TAC is hot now...check it out (shameless plug).
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
That's why a strategy is needed to be designed (thanks to ASIC we have a strategic planning )and get more people involved to achieve a well running, coordinated and full operational batch of community departments.
Marketing is only one activity, if in example we run marketing activities right now it might fail, no stable wallet, no GUI, no extras, people needs to have something before they invest.But we can surely organize some marketing activities atm.
The point is that there's a lot of work needed to be done, not only form the dev but from everyone that wants to get involved (ASIC has an entire plan for that).
Qora is a new project, almost different from the main cryptos.Our qoal is not only to promote it as it is, but to enhance it with new features to make it the "market changer".And this will be achieve only by let raising the number of the involved members.I.E. the date that the source of Qora will be published, yes, it is a day that our marketing efforts will might bring new people to the project - community (that's a "mission").
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Ive just recieved a message from our great DEV Qora:

''I am willing to help the community with whatever they want.
For this project I had a certain idea and the way I have been doing things is to achieve this idea as fast as possible.
Now it seems the community wants to focus more in marketing and I will help you if you need me.''

It's really nice the DEV will help us with everything we want to do, so he is not just creating and coding the coin and leave it to the community members, but here to stay and build Qora Smiley

It's a great news, although I wouldn't say the community puts marketing over development. It's just that we can't really participate in development by ourselves. First we need qora tell us what to do. For example he could start working on anonymous transactions and we could find someone to work on AE. Like Cfb found Jean-Luc. Although Jean-Luc eventually became the core dev and rewrote the whole source, but we don't need someone that big, coz we have qora.

So back to AE or any other feature. We could gather 10-20 million Qora bounty for someone talented who is able to implement one of main features. But first we need qora to tell us what part of the job he might outsource and how much he thinks it costs.

Personally I've found the community attitude is oh Qora is a genius but we aren't going to listen to a damn word he says or follow his direction. I feel like Qora is building the future of cryptocurrency while the community is trying to build dogecoin or NEM. Its gonna be another clusterfuck like NXT imo with a million people involved. Instead of following him you are asking him to follow you, ie a bunch of fuckwits who just want fancy wallets so they can look as 'good' as NEM.. THE HUMANITY!

My thinking is clearly against the flow of the coin ie let Qora do development and we just watch and help when and what he asks. So I don't need the stress of arguing all the time against the flow here. I can't bear to watch Qora turn into looking like a fucking NXT clone lookalike. Just can't do it. 

So I'm out at least for the time being at least, sold most of my coins and will buy in later if things develop. I hope this new direction in the end is more successful than Qora's would of been. Good luck.

One warning before I go. If Qora was BCNext and he got tired of all the talk and discussion and not action then don't be surprised if he gets tired again of NXT 2.0. Community and leaves early. Again Good luck.

I would also prefer that qora's focus stayed on development, but there is no reason for such drama. No reason at all. The features will be implemented, what's the rush?

I like that qora listens to the community, if the community wants to focus for some time on marketing, it's fine by me. I mean we don't even have a website!!!

Not holding qoras was a bad move from my perspective. Good luck with the BTC slug.
Have we forgotten so soon Qora's plan:

The plan for this currency is simple.
step 1: Catch up with other cryptocurrencies.
step 2: Surpass the other cryptocurrencies.
step 3: Staying ahead and marketing.
I will not focus on marketing until all the features are implemented.

We've seen what Qora can do...as such, Qora should direct technical development and pace at which marketing is implemented.

Qora must do what is necessary for Qora to succeed. With the exception of a few in the community (agran, dzarmush, maybe a few others), it's clear that community members' ideas are not that great and lead to major divisions.

Who wouldn't want to follow Qora's original plan? If not, please give reasons why Qora's vision is not good enough.
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
I would not bother the dev with marketing at this point! Let the dev develop the features, marketing can be done later or by other people!
But that is of course just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 939
Merit: 256

Personally I've found the community attitude is oh Qora is a genius but we aren't going to listen to a damn word he says or follow his direction. I feel like Qora is building the future of cryptocurrency while the community is trying to build dogecoin or NEM. Its gonna be another clusterfuck like NXT imo with a million people involved. Instead of following him you are asking him to follow you, ie a bunch of fuckwits who just want fancy wallets so they can look as 'good' as NEM.. THE HUMANITY!

My thinking is clearly against the flow of the coin ie let Qora do development and we just watch and help when and what he asks. So I don't need the stress of arguing all the time against the flow here. I can't bear to watch Qora turn into looking like a fucking NXT clone lookalike. Just can't do it.  

One warning before I go. If Qora was BCNext and he got tired of all the talk and discussion and not action then don't be surprised if he gets tired again of NXT 2.0. Community and leaves early. Again Good luck.

@gorrillajam, you should go and help Kora now! They would welcome you with open arms, and you could get a 'power bounty' for your efforts. Why not man!!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I am not able to start the version 9 since yesterday. When I execute the run.bat file it starts and then shuts down itself. I am running windows 7. Please help.
I have deleted the wallet folder in order to get it from the seed. Redownloaded the software but Still no luck. Cry
delete the file data.dat.t in the data folder can fix it,it is a bug,i have report to qora.
why qora didnot solve this problem?Many times I can not quit properly.

always like this.. Angry

Activity: 63
I am not able to start the version 9 since yesterday. When I execute the run.bat file it starts and then shuts down itself. I am running windows 7. Please help.
I have deleted the wallet folder in order to get it from the seed. Redownloaded the software but Still no luck. Cry
delete the file data.dat.t in the data folder can fix it,it is a bug,i have report to qora.
why qora didnot solve this problem?Many times I can not quit properly.
Activity: 98
win
Ive just recieved a message from our great DEV Qora:

''I am willing to help the community with whatever they want.
For this project I had a certain idea and the way I have been doing things is to achieve this idea as fast as possible.
Now it seems the community wants to focus more in marketing and I will help you if you need me.''

It's really nice the DEV will help us with everything we want to do, so he is not just creating and coding the coin and leave it to the community members, but here to stay and build Qora Smiley

It's a great news, although I wouldn't say the community puts marketing over development. It's just that we can't really participate in development by ourselves. First we need qora tell us what to do. For example he could start working on anonymous transactions and we could find someone to work on AE. Like Cfb found Jean-Luc. Although Jean-Luc eventually became the core dev and rewrote the whole source, but we don't need someone that big, coz we have qora.

So back to AE or any other feature. We could gather 10-20 million Qora bounty for someone talented who is able to implement one of main features. But first we need qora to tell us what part of the job he might outsource and how much he thinks it costs.

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
So is this now new POS? How does it work?
Activity: 69
Bittrex is now following us on Twitter  Wink

And Dzarmush, Wizzard, Qora, Asic, Agran, Twin.. let me know if you like the ideao of coming together in the chat, in the message that I send.. I think the communitys who are working good together have chhats, look to Monero for example. There we can talk more faster about this kind of things as you mentioned Dzarmush.
great ,it mean Bittrex will add Qora soon?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Need more exchanges    Grin
Activity: 334
Can we make a trading robot,do some low amount trading with high fees,to encourage everyone open the wallet to forging.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Does someone want to organise a time to be in irc and maybe ask qora to come as well?
Activity: 252

Thanks did the job Grin
Activity: 107
good job..ASIC8
^_^
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Activity: 252
Jump to: