Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 191. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This is a simple login screen right now @gorillajam.
Do you have a better look and feel to propose gorillajam?

I await your proposal.
Should we have qora add a vote for the type of wallet people want with an example website with a URL in a comment field?

Qora functionality is already different from NXT.

I could create a Top Menu (just like the current Qora client with colors) instead of a left side menu (NXT/Counterparty, etc... have this).
Let me know your thoughts.

ASIC-8Tile,

Are you a Java developer? I'd like to share with you what I'm thinking.

Stay with the current design (desktop instead of browser-based), but make it simpler for newcomers. We can create a windows executable or an one-click installer using launch4j or JWS, we will create a windows EXE with its own private JRE (or embedded JRE) to make Qora look like a native windows application. It'll be more appealing to newbies and windows crowd alike.

You should concentrate your effort on improving the current GUI (speaking of which, I'm not really a fan of NXT-style wallet).

Thanks for the effort though. You have my respect and admiration.  Smiley

PS: I'm guessing Skerberus probably used a program like InstallShield to make the packaged installer. But we can go one step further and use launch4j to make an executable with embedded JRE. It'll be much better than a simple installer in my opinion.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Thanks, that is exactly what i was looking for  Smiley

Is there an APi available to access the Qora Wallet locally? I would like to write an app and want to test it on my local instance.

I don't have an answer to your question but you can find the API Documentation here.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Is there an APi available to access the Qora Wallet locally? I would like to write an app and want to test it on my local instance.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win

I await your proposal.
Should we have qora add a vote for the type of wallet people want with an example website with a URL in a comment field?

I could create a Top Menu (just like the current Qora client with colors) instead of a left side menu (NXT/Counterparty, etc... have this).

If we look exactly like a NXT/NXT Clone with very similar functions then how can we distinguish ourselves from NXT/NXT Clone?

People think great lets look like them. But then we just look like them people are like oh we are just like them.

Same with getting on exchanges, people are like oh great we are going to be on Cryptsy just like all the other coins, then we are just there wondering why.

Do we want to look and be like everyone else s coin? Personally I hate NXT wallets and its layout. We should learn from it, not copy it.

Gorillajam is a great advocate of Qora but he's very hung up on NXT for some reason. I certainly agree that Qora should not try to replicate NXT or look like it. Qora needs to be it's own. I do believe that a wallet makeover would help as well.

I say keep up the great work on the wallet, it's looking great. People keep saying that we shouldn't worry about working on the wallet, but as far as I know it's only 1 person. There are plenty of other people that can work on other tasks.

Just trying to respect and trust the developers plan. Plus yeah looking like everyone else seems counterproductive. Don't we need the developer to be involved to implement any wallet design? Seems that's not part of his plan and not on the agenda till the functions are done. Plus him working on the core stuff is what we want him on now. Here's what he has said:

"Creating a custom design takes a lot of time if you want to make it work properly with java swing.
At this point I prefer developing the core and features instead of developing the GUI." (Qora)

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

I await your proposal.

If we look exactly like a NXT/NXT Clone with very similar functions then how can we distinguish ourselves from NXT/NXT Clone?

People think great lets look like them. But then we just look like them people are like oh we are just like them.

Same with getting on exchanges, people are like oh great we are going to be on Cryptsy just like all the other coins, then we are just there wondering why.

Do we want to look and be like everyone else s coin? Personally I hate NXT wallets and its layout. We should learn from it, not copy it.

Gorillajam is a great advocate of Qora but he's very hung up on NXT for some reason. I certainly agree that Qora should not try to replicate NXT or look like it. Qora needs to be it's own. I do believe that a wallet makeover would help as well.

I say keep up the great work on the wallet, it's looking great. People keep saying that we shouldn't worry about working on the wallet, but as far as I know it's only 1 person. There are plenty of other people that can work on other tasks.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Is there any interest in a dedicated Qora forums website? I would be happy to spend time to set one up and run it. I would donate my time, but the hosting fees and DNS fees would cost real money.

Is this something the community fund is interested in providing a bounty for?

There already is one http://qora.club/ no one really uses it.
If no one use it , I will close it soon just for saving money.

Was not aware.

It seems having multiple threads for various topics would be much more productive than one super thread.
Activity: 422
Is there any interest in a dedicated Qora forums website? I would be happy to spend time to set one up and run it. I would donate my time, but the hosting fees and DNS fees would cost real money.

If no one use it , I will close it soon just for saving money.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 279

I await your proposal.

Simply put.

It will be a local machine installation.
From what I am hearing, not all people like "Deterministic Wallets".
I do. Because of the following...
http://www.coindesk.com/eavesdropping-attack-can-unmask-60-bitcoin-clients/

I am using .html/.js for the front end.
.php to glue the Qora.jar with the JSON api calls
Packaged using PHP Desktop (reduces memory leaks)
https://code.google.com/p/phpdesktop/
and installer for Windows 32/64

The webserver is mongoose for now.
There is a SQLite database that could be used to extend the existing functionality.

Does this answer your questions?

online wallet? who knows, please tell me about.
Is is a online wallet?
Just like the nxt wallet, web wallet and on local...

Good, you can have a try.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Where is the info on transferring Qora in and out of NXT AE? Thanks.
Simply put.

There is a SQLite database that could be used to extend the existing functionality.

Is is a online wallet?
Just like the nxt wallet, web wallet and on local...
Simply put.

Is is a online wallet?
Or just like the nxt wallet? Is it a web wallet and on local?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
@ Qora website dev: please copy/mimic NHZ's site - http://nhzcrypto.org/

Simple and effective. Very professional.
Simply put.

I am here.

Working on the login.
With existing wallet and without existing wallet.
Here is the beginning of the html look and feel on my local webserver. The port will change and there will be a wrapper with no back/forward buttons etc.. for security purposes..

1.) With existing wallet.

Regards,

Does Anybody know where that guy is, who designed a nice looking wallet for Qora???
Good, I support you.
But I think in the early stage, less people will use this wallet for big amount qora.
But I will try it for a little qora just for test.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I am here.

Working on the login.
With existing wallet and without existing wallet.
Here is the beginning of the html look and feel on my local webserver. The port will change and there will be a wrapper with no back/forward buttons etc.. for security purposes..

1.) With existing wallet.

Regards,

Does Anybody know where that guy is, who designed a nice looking wallet for Qora???
Jump to: