Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 205. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Another week, another 25% increase in wallets with money in it  Wink

Up to 1838 now

Wallets or addresses? Big difference. There is no way to tell how many unique users if you mean addresses.

Edit: either way, good to see numbers on the rise.  Cool
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
You've got 10'000 less chances to find a block with 30K coins compared to someone with 300M coins.

Think of it like a minig equipment. Currently you've got a miner that costs $9.

I recall the new POS algo should had offset this situation a bit, to make the forging less similar to NXT, where mostly whales benefit(ed)?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
QORA alias transaction is an innovative
Activity: 209
Merit: 101
Smells good!
online wallet??who knows,plz tell me ,thanks!
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
You've got 10'000 less chances to find a block with 30K coins compared to someone with 300M coins.

That's fair.  I just didn't see that documented anywhere.  There are other coins I've participated in that didn't require such large holding to generate a block.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
I'm still curious about the POS.  All the generating amounts that I see are in the multi-millions.  I was hoping that I could also get a block but so far I am unsuccessful.  I hope the POS is not only for the whales.

Activity: 464
Merit: 260
I'm still curious about the POS.  All the generating amounts that I see are in the multi-millions.  I was hoping that I could also get a block but so far I am unsuccessful.  I hope the POS is not only for the whales.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Another week, another 25% increase in wallets with money in it  Wink

Up to 1838 now
legendary

What would you like to see first guys?
A Proof of Importance is it possible?  Roll Eyes
A beautiful GUI, Asset Qora exchange?
Or an anon features? Being the first 2nd gen coin implanted anonymity  Cool

Nxt already has AE, there's no reason for Qora have it right away. It's not so popular to have some serious stuff going on there. Big companies would choose Nxt AE over Qora AE anyway.

But if Qora become the first 2nd gen coin with implemented anonymity it might be big!

NXT is the first to have it BUT if it can be easily and significantly improved??!
… so as I said I feel like a child in a candy shop… I do not know what I want first/more..

There's not much to improve, it's just a trading instrument and Qora itself is not established yet to offer AE to companies. We'd need it not earlier than 3-4 months from now.

At the moment we need to focus on innovations. To do something no one else did before.

As much as I like it… trading on this AE do suck at the moment. And not only having to pay fee for placing/canceling orders.

But I see your point about the timing/prioritizing things.

It's just $0.06 for placing/cancelling, so it's like for free. Not if you place/cancel hundreds of orders every minute, but why would you do that.

Also I don't understand why it sucks. It doesn't suck more than regular exchange like Bter or Crytpsy.

Nxt client itself is not the very easy to use though. Qora client is amazing compared to it. But as soon as you launched and enter your account it's alright.

This really isn't about NXT, but there is a NXT wallet (Offsgring) that works the way the Qora wallet does. It's just an implementation detail.

I know, but still.

I tryed to install Offspring the other day but there was an error and I failed.

There's also one more problem with it. Offspring is not the official client so you never know is it the last nrs version or not, if it's safe or not, is there all new feature implemented or not.
Activity: 910
legendary
Activity: 1736

Nxt already has AE, there's no reason for Qora have it right away. It's not so popular to have some serious stuff going on there. Big companies would choose Nxt AE over Qora AE anyway.

But if Qora become the first 2nd gen coin with implemented anonymity it might be big!

NXT is the first to have it BUT if it can be easily and significantly improved??!
… so as I said I feel like a child in a candy shop… I do not know what I want first/more..

There's not much to improve, it's just a trading instrument and Qora itself is not established yet to offer AE to companies. We'd need it not earlier than 3-4 months from now.

At the moment we need to focus on innovations. To do something no one else did before.

As much as I like it… trading on this AE do suck at the moment. And not only having to pay fee for placing/canceling orders.

It's just $0.06 for placing/cancelling, so it's like for free. Not if you place/cancel hundreds of orders every minute, but why would you do that.

Also I don't understand why it sucks. It doesn't suck more than regular exchange like Bter or Crytpsy.

Nxt client itself is not the very easy to use though. Qora client is amazing compared to it. But as soon as you launched and enter your account it's alright.

This really isn't about NXT, but there is a NXT wallet (Offsgring) that works the way the Qora wallet does. It's just an implementation detail.
legendary

I'd like to learn more about Transaction Boosting and Blockchain shrinking, coz I don't understand what those mean.

I think Anonymity is a priority #1. Nxt already has AE, there's no reason for Qora have it right away. It's not so popular to have some serious stuff going on there. Big companies would choose Nxt AE over Qora AE anyway.

I dont know what is transaction boosting and blockchain shrinking
Is the master QCNext can explain us please
Maybe the priorities are the innovations
Then people cannot say Nxt do everything Qora do

Yep. We need to distinct from other coins and have something they don't.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1036

I'd like to learn more about Transaction Boosting and Blockchain shrinking, coz I don't understand what those mean.

I think Anonymity is a priority #1. Nxt already has AE, there's no reason for Qora have it right away. It's not so popular to have some serious stuff going on there. Big companies would choose Nxt AE over Qora AE anyway.

I dont know what is transaction boosting and blockchain shrinking
Is the master QCNext can explain us please
Maybe the priorities are the innovations
Then people cannot say Nxt do everything Qora do
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

legendary

A Proof of Importance is it possible?  Roll Eyes
Or an anon features? Being the first 2nd gen coin implanted anonymity  Cool

legendary

A Proof of Importance is it possible?  Roll Eyes
Or an anon features? Being the first 2nd gen coin implanted anonymity  Cool

All sound good to have at some point… so whatever is easy to implement fast first

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

Healthy interest building around Qora... questions being asked in a respectful manner (so far)... I would leave the answers to qora though folks!  Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-qora-a-fork-of-nxt-or-completely-new-code-650381

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-pos-any-details-650876
The nxt guys are really disgusting Angry Angry

How so?
They spread FUD of qora is a clone of nxt. Angry Angry
funny,jl was checked the qora,not a clone.
Jump to: