Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 26. (Read 748227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Hi guys,
planning to buy some qora.
Which exchange would you suggest? bter or poloniex?

Bter. Polo may still be on a fork
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Hi guys,
planning to buy some qora.
Which exchange would you suggest? bter or poloniex?
Activity: 427
Version 18 is now available.

https://mega.co.nz/#!a8gBlTaR!qilS-9NrDvBzGSg0V6IOKLk4_FEXqLIdnRnQSSooelU
http://qora.org/Qora.v18.zip
MD5: 799A733C886C833AA15E3B8A57D8FB1A
SHA-1: 494C525CBC2403B1FFEC8DA35ECF013EBCFAC052

Please download the application from the original post and not from a quote.

• Reworked the closing of the application. Closing the application by force should no longer be required. When you close the application by force while it is processing a block, you will receive an error the next time you start it up.
  • Fixed a problem while synchronizing that caused the database to become corrupt.
  • Fixed multiple rounding issues on the assets GUI.
  • Fixed a problem where cancelling an order that created a trade caused problems for the GUI.
  • Fixed a problem where an order could create empty trades.

Do you perform the SHA-1 hash on the zip file or on the unpacked files? Mine don't match on the zip file. I used the link to the qora.org website.

Activity: 364
Owner of Poloniex
Hi,

The dev has been somewhat unresponsive, so I still haven't been able to get Poloniex's wallet running properly. After the last incident with Polo's wallet causing a fork, I asked him if I should disable forging -- I was not sure which would be best for the network, as sometimes having an exchange forge/stake can be beneficial. He told me to continue forging.

But it now occurs to me that forging may be what is causing Poloniex's wallet to malfunction. Since I haven't heard from the dev in a while, I'm turning to the community -- does anyone know how I can disable it in the command line wallet? Is there something I can put in settings.json?
Activity: 322
What happened to Poloniex?
And my wallet is no connection now, any known peers?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Updated my Java to version 8.25 yesterday. Qora says "Java not found" Huh
You have to edit run.bat file and change the path to your new Java directory
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102
Thanks,  reinstalled version 7 in the meantime, cause I have a lot of problems with other java related progs.
Activity: 502
You have to edit run.bat file and change the path to your new Java directory
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102
Activity: 658
The blockexplorer needs refresh, it's some hours behind.

@all: take a look in this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9231765
this is great bounty! and if successful, Qora will be a part of crypto history Smiley
The multi-payment feature is amazing! Simple, but powerful solution as usual Smiley
Activity: 386
[I believe I am on smaragda's Ignore List, so if one of you bumps into him in the hallway, let him know I appreciate his help.]

Nope...  you're on the other list!   Wink  

...seems like most decided to relax a bit lately...

Right, now I remember. I get my lists mixed up.  Wink
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I was really looking to buy 6 million AT asset ..

I guess i missed it  Undecided

Please PM me if you could sell @ 1 qora..
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Tips to Reduce Downtime & Stress Levels   Cheesy

Follow these steps regardless of whether you're running the wallet for the first time or recovering from seed:

Don't worry...  all of the above is temporary...  qora has announced that development efforts have been directed towards releasing a new wallet/UI...  it's just an easy way to avoid recovering from seed and having to redownload the chain.  

This is very helpful. Thank you!  Smiley

[I believe I am on smaragda's Ignore List, so if one of you bumps into him in the hallway, let him know I appreciate his help.]

Everyone is on his ignore list. I imagine he just sees his own posts when he looks at this thread.

Follow these steps regardless of whether you're running the wallet for the first time or recovering from seed:

Don't worry...  all of the above is temporary...  qora has announced that development efforts have been directed towards releasing a new wallet/UI...  it's just an easy way to avoid recovering from seed and having to redownload the chain.  

This is very helpful. Thank you!  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
The blockexplorer needs refresh, it's some hours behind.

@all: take a look in this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9231765
Activity: 913
Merit: 664

• Download & Extract files of the latest version of the client (see OP).
  • Run the wallet & Be patient while it syncs.
  • Verify that the wallet is in sync (Green dot - Oke).
  • Do a clean shutdown immediately (File -> Quit).  Do not click the red X button.
  • Backup the whole Qora folder.
  • If anything goes wrong (corrupt database, improper shutdown, etc.)...  delete the Qora folder and use the backup.
  • Always make a new backup when you're back in sync.

Oh yeah...   make sure to FORGE too!   Grin

Edit:  Just to be clear...  avoiding to recover from seed does NOT mean that you shouldn't save your seed.  You risk losing access to your funds at some point without the seed.  If you failed to save your seed...  go to File -> Debug -> Console and run the GET wallet/seed command.

Good idea! It would be nice and convenient if qora would add this kind of checkpointing to the gui (e.g. create blockchain checkpoint, restore blockchain checkpoint) until all those bugs that corrupt the data folder are fixed. If the corruption can be automatically detected a more sophisticated and transparent approach would be to create and restore those checkpoints automatically if something goes wrong.
Activity: 770

• Download & Extract files of the latest version of the client (see OP).
  • Run the wallet & Be patient while it syncs.
  • Verify that the wallet is in sync (Green dot - Oke).
  • Do a clean shutdown immediately (File -> Quit).  Do not click the red X button.
  • Backup the whole Qora folder.
  • If anything goes wrong (corrupt database, improper shutdown, etc.)...  delete the Qora folder and use the backup.
  • Always make a new backup when you're back in sync.

Oh yeah...   make sure to FORGE too!   Grin

Edit:  Just to be clear...  avoiding to recover from seed does NOT mean that you shouldn't save your seed.  You risk losing access to your funds at some point without the seed.  If you failed to save your seed...  go to File -> Debug -> Console and run the GET wallet/seed command.

yeah, open your wallet and forge!
let's make a stable system together.
Activity: 422
New to Qora, but like what I've read so far.

I am trying to run v18 on a Mac, and having trouble. I had to kill the JarRsLoader on the last messy shutdown, and now I can't restart Qora. I get a "STARTUP ERROR: The application was not closed correctly!" message in Console, and cannot proceed. I've deleted all of the Qora folders and started again from the zip file, but I still get that error. Any suggestions?
Delete data and wallet, and then restart.
New to Qora, but like what I've read so far.

I am trying to run v18 on a Mac, and having trouble. I had to kill the JarRsLoader on the last messy shutdown, and now I can't restart Qora. I get a "STARTUP ERROR: The application was not closed correctly!" message in Console, and cannot proceed. I've deleted all of the Qora folders and started again from the zip file, but I still get that error. Any suggestions?
I would like to say a big thank to all the Qora community for the support they gave to the AT project and our request for funding the integration. Thank you!

I already had some talks with the Qora dev about how we are going to sturcture the integration and I feel confident that it will be ready in less than 2 months if everything goes as expected. Smiley

I would like also to thank Vrontis for making this happen!

-vbcs
thank you too Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: