Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 29. (Read 748203 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Poll: when should qora open source?
Creator: QRWQ67MqGPDCHXF4kpBkfDfBT4EMbPNvEh
Options: Right now, Open source of v1 now, full open source in january, november, december, january, february, march, another time
I think it'd be good if top 5 accounts do not vote since they are too strong. I will not eliminate their votes nor order them not to vote, I just ask them to think about it.
I vote for open source of v1 now, full open source in january

As much as I personally want OS now I want to follow Qora's lead. Hopefully he wont take too long with the things he wants done first. We have made too many mistakes not following Qora fully.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Well, I hope the holders of the 250m coins make good use of it. I really hope they could stay around and keep the coins. I don't mind the price falling if they sell, in fact I'd like that 'cuz I'd buy, I just think it'd be good for us to have more interesting people around, and having 2.5% of the currency is a great motivation by itself. Imagine if qora ever is priced at 50m$ then their 2.5% stake would be worth 1.25m$. That's not too hard considering nxt already was priced at 100m$ before. Speaking of 2.5% and nxt, I wonder how much did the at team was paid in nxt. I bet it was something far from 2.5%, probably not even 0.5% (I wanna guess 0.1%)

I know nxt is priced much higher, but qora is much better. Feature-wise, can anyone say something we don't have and nxt does? I know we have alias trading, voting system and asset/asset exchange which nxt does not have. So it seems nxt is priced higher only because of the network effect, its assets and members. Honestly, I see a bright future for nxt. I only hold nxt and qora, but I am now considering selling some nxt to purchase some qora.
Can anyone please confirm if I'm right? Are we already much ahead of nxt feature-wise? Thanks.

nxt bigest advantage is open source, more devs and jl777 at the moment qora is way behind  because of 1 dev .I hope it could change with AT team

I personally think we shouldn't wait one single day to go OS, everything starts with OS. Unfortunately I expect it to be a month or two. 

agree
Well, I hope the holders of the 250m coins make good use of it. I really hope they could stay around and keep the coins. I don't mind the price falling if they sell, in fact I'd like that 'cuz I'd buy, I just think it'd be good for us to have more interesting people around, and having 2.5% of the currency is a great motivation by itself. Imagine if qora ever is priced at 50m$ then their 2.5% stake would be worth 1.25m$. That's not too hard considering nxt already was priced at 100m$ before. Speaking of 2.5% and nxt, I wonder how much did the at team was paid in nxt. I bet it was something far from 2.5%, probably not even 0.5% (I wanna guess 0.1%)

I know nxt is priced much higher, but qora is much better. Feature-wise, can anyone say something we don't have and nxt does? I know we have alias trading, voting system and asset/asset exchange which nxt does not have. So it seems nxt is priced higher only because of the network effect, its assets and members. Honestly, I see a bright future for nxt. I only hold nxt and qora, but I am now considering selling some nxt to purchase some qora.
Can anyone please confirm if I'm right? Are we already much ahead of nxt feature-wise? Thanks.

nxt bigest advantage is open source, more devs and jl777 at the moment qora is way behind  because of 1 dev .I hope it could change with AT team

I personally think we shouldn't wait one single day to go OS, everything starts with OS. Unfortunately I expect it to be a month or two. 
Activity: 561

Activity: 478
Merit: 250
I've got 20 million Qora on Poloniex that I can't withdraw because their Qora wallet is still not working. I'd like to invest 5 million in the AT. Would anyone consider fronting it until Poloniex fixes their wallet?

By the way, they are claiming it's a dev issue. Is that true?
[20:52:27] busoni replied this : oloniex seems to have caused a fork a while ago, but we have not been on a fork recently -- we've been in sync with the block explorer. The problems we're having are with the Qora wallet crashing, and I'm working them out with the dev. We are running the latest version.
[20:57:09] Problem with poloniex is that their wallet has more then 5000 addresses and it causes problems when it has to scan the whole blockchain.

So does that mean the dev has to do something or Poloniex needs to fix their wallet?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
I've got 20 million Qora on Poloniex that I can't withdraw because their Qora wallet is still not working. I'd like to invest 5 million in the AT. Would anyone consider fronting it until Poloniex fixes their wallet?

may be but we need to get the answer from dev.
Activity: 502

[20:52:27] busoni replied this : oloniex seems to have caused a fork a while ago, but we have not been on a fork recently -- we've been in sync with the block explorer. The problems we're having are with the Qora wallet crashing, and I'm working them out with the dev. We are running the latest version.
[20:57:09] Problem with poloniex is that their wallet has more then 5000 addresses and it causes problems when it has to scan the whole blockchain.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Well, I thought I'd be able to pick up another 10% tonight.  Looks like I won't get the chance.  I thought we'd reach the IPO goal in 24 hours.  I didn't remotely suspect they'd sellout.

Congrats on a successful IPO!

OMG!!! It moves so fast!!! Totally glad to see that!

100m successfully gathered for at in less than 15 hours. Currently at 150m gathered already. Only 100m left for full 250m. Thank you everyone who participated and will participate. I hope the holders of these coins get to keep them, showing faith on Qora. They have much win doing so, and we'll have more competent people around us.

Currently is there anything nxt has and qora doesn't?

Now nxt people will start to ask the same question but vice-versa:

Q: Is there anything qora has and nxt doesn't?
A: Yes, a lot of things.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
We need to get some more assets on AE and people using the AE to appreciate it.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Well, I thought I'd be able to pick up another 10% tonight.  Looks like I won't get the chance.  I thought we'd reach the IPO goal in 24 hours.  I didn't remotely suspect they'd sellout.

Congrats on a successful IPO!
Activity: 912
Merit: 664
100m successfully gathered for at in less than 15 hours. Currently at 150m gathered already. Only 100m left for full 250m. Thank you everyone who participated and will participate. I hope the holders of these coins get to keep them, showing faith on Qora. They have much win doing so, and we'll have more competent people around us.

Currently is there anything nxt has and qora doesn't?

Only 60 Million left Smiley
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
There's not such thing as "we can't do anything".

I totally agree.

Yes, I have been thinking about this, this AM and a possible option is for us to draft an open-letter that we send to polo and BTER asking them not to forge until more node come online.  Hear me out (and correct me if my assumptions are wrong.)

The problem is that the exchanges have huge wallets.  When they lose connection, they create forks.  Since they create forks, they control the forks with their massive balances and they can never resolve back to the network since they are on longer block-chains.

If these guys stop forging, then the total number of Qora forging will go down, but that means nodes with smaller balances will hit blocks and the more-even distribution should help prevent forks.  Also, if a user with a sizable balance creates their own fork, then there is no real issue for the network (just the user, who can drop their block-chain and resync.)

Polo and Bter can join back up but only after the size of their wallet is a less significant percent of the network forging balance.

In fact... Thia could possibly be solved by a fix in the client.  If a forging cap is set per node (say, 100m qora) then it is unlikely that a 100m qora account will create a badly broken chain.

Am I wrong?

There's not such thing as "we can't do anything".

I totally agree.

Not only that but I don't think in the last 6 months we have had anyone really lose any coins. The only, and big incident, was when some shitcoin exchange turned out to be a scam (Sharexcoin) and ran off with coins. They greatly unfairly damaged Qora's reputation, we were trading 40 BTC a day before that happened.

I have heard zero stories of hacks which I have heard many from NXT.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

Qora and AT team agreed to integrate a Turing complete virtual machine into Qora named
Automated Transactions.

In a brief preview Automated transactions allows many types of applications ranging from games of chance to automated crowdfunding and ensuring that savings will not be lost forever.

But this project needs to get funded in order to be done and ATFunding is the asset that represents this crowdfunding.

ATFunding asset has a quantity of 250 millions units with each unit's price equals to 1 Qora and a total net worth of 250.000.000 Qora.
AT team will integrate Automated Transactions into Qora if the minimum amount of 100 millions Qora has been pledged for this purpose.

The crowdfunind period has started today, 15 of October and will last for a period of two weeks.If the sold units during this period reaches the minimum quantity of 100.000.000 then Automated Transactions will be integrated into Qora.

The ATFunding asset holders by funding this project they will also be able to exchange their ATFunding asset with the official asset of AT Team that they will issue if the minimum goal has been reached (details can be found here).

ATFunding asset specifications

Name : ATFunding

Asset Key : 61

Asset Owner : QYsLsfwMRBPnunmuWmFkM4hvGsfooY8ssU

Asset Description : This asset represents the funding of AT team
                                for the integration of a Turing complete virtual machine into Qora.

Quantity : 250.000.000 units

Divisible : Yes

Price : 1 Qora/unit

Cross post
Great to see other respected devs contributing to Qora. Bought quite a few shares Smiley
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I don't have my old seed and passphrase.  I do still have my wallet password and can unlock the wallet.  

Please help!

Open & Unlock your wallet.

Go to File -> Debug -> Console and run the GET wallet/seed command.

Save your seed...  you might/WILL lose access to your funds at some point without it.

Download v18 and recover your wallet from seed.

I was searching through the thread and saw you covered this before here. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102

I bet you have to do this a lot! But I appreciate it.  

Yep, smaragda has to do a FAQ thread in qoras website or a btt thread too  Wink

I looked on the Qora forum first thinking I might find something there instead of trying to search this thread. 

Anyway, I can confirm coins have arrived.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
I don't have my old seed and passphrase.  I do still have my wallet password and can unlock the wallet.  

Please help!

Save your seed...  you might/WILL lose access to your funds at some point without it.

I was searching through the thread and saw you covered this before here. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102

Yep, smaragda has to do a FAQ thread in qoras website or a btt thread too  Wink
I don't have my old seed and passphrase.  I do still have my wallet password and can unlock the wallet. 

Please help!

Save your seed...  you might/WILL lose access to your funds at some point without it.

Hi together,
its now the second time, i made a transaction and the qora never arrived at the recipient account.
First time it was from Bter to poloniex before about 4 weeks. 2m gone! Bter / poloniex didn't help me/ could not do anything. I thougt it was because of the sidechain issue.
Second time was yesterday from my wallet to poloniex. 5m never arrived!
Are there still issues with qora blockchains or is it a problem from polo?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Thanks! 

that is a lot of coin.  I would be angry
I have a really old Qora file (so old I don't even know what version because it doesn't say, but the UI looks the same as the new version).  It was saved on my old computer.  I transferred it to my new computer and clicked "run".  When I did Qora came up and it took a little while but if found a peer.  But after 20 minutes I can't really see it doing anything.  Under the generated blocks tab it is blank.  I use to have coins in this wallet, but now everything says 0.  Should I just wait longer?

I don't have my old seed and passphrase.  I do still have my wallet password and can unlock the wallet. 

Please help!
Pages:
Jump to: