Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 281. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
What happened is one entity controlled more then 50% of all the generating balance in the network and created a longer fork. (unintentionally)
This fork orphaned transactions which had been confirmed for more then 24hours causing them to become invalid.
An unconfirmed transaction automaticly becomes invalid after 24 hours and gets deleted.
The only way to make sure that this does not happen again is to use your Qora to generate blocks.

If you still get forks on version 8 and it does not want to synchronize to the longest chain please pm me your data files.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
I had the same. The transfer of the faucet did not com back but another transfer from withdrawal of poloniex went fine.
I just tried the faucet and I just got another 20.

Maybe the faucet was on a fork the first time? Don't know....
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
balance went to 0? Seems to be a known problem, trying to recover now using te seed and renamed the wallet dir..

That worked. This problem should be solved with v8 I hope.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
Too much price discussion, little development discussion

That's because no one is working on the development, what development do you want to talk about your working on? This isn't NXT.

What you mean is marketing. Well Qora has told us not to market yet, but we all decided to not listen much. Anyway apart from twitter campaign and doing the website etc price action is one of biggest marketing tools. People don't often know about a coin but they know if the price shoots up 100% on Coinmarketcap and it goes into the top 10. That's why if everyone wanted to see that and they believe in Qora then all they would have to do is head to Sharexcoin and drop a couple of BTC on Qora. I mean we can't tell people it's a great price but we aren't buying ourselves.

This is a rare situation where a coin so high in Coinmarketcap has such a shallow market. Literally we can do whatever we want with the price.

By the way that pop we had a few days ago was just me on my own buying 5btc of qora. I moved qora up two places on Coinmarketcap on my own!! I wasnt trying to pump I just noticed how much I influenced the price. Grin
win
The price action on Sharexcoin at least is retarded. If people really wanted to sell so cheap why don't they put sells in a bit lower?

What I believe is there is manipulation, has been for a while there. Its holding back any true buying. I would be happy for the price to drop to al low as 20 Sats if it cleared the market and brought buyers in. But this is not whats happening. Someone is buying and then pushing the price down by selling off the low buy wall. The of course they come on here etc and say wow its 10 sats to try to produce a cascade.

Why it annoys me is people with Qora who have nice sized stakes could walk in and buy up the sell wall with a few BTC and also put in much higher buys. I did the other day, guess what happened, my high buys disappeared in under a minute even though they were at 70. Someone wanted to clear my high buys to push g=down to crappy buys again.

Like I said if Qora holders come in and buy with BTC the price can shoot up easily. Or I suggest sellers just sell cheap and get this market moving. Either way Qora owners are sitting on their hands. I've never seen such a long price stand off.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Qora touched 37 Sats. What happened?
wow,so cheap,so just buy it.

you can buy it...go go go
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
Also, is there anyway we can get Anonymous transactions/Zerocoin from being a potential feature to a guaranteed feature? This could be a a gamechanger and a huge selling point for Qora. The darkcoin of 2.0s.
legendary

Nothing.

So just a normal downtrend? No news or problems?

Just lack of awareness and hype really. The time will come.
legendary
Activity: 1428

Nothing.

More sellers than buyers , people wanting to lock in profits.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

Nothing.

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Can not wait for

Colored Coins/Assets.

Anonymous transactions/Zerocoin

Shocked Cool Kiss

And a new GUI design, futuristic, easy friendly that even a 6 year old children could play
a time line? for all this future....
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

wow,so cheap,so just buy it.
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!

legendary
If a fix is even coming...
You could always head over to NEM and discuss the possibility of a wallet at some future date for a coin that might be finished at some future date. The have a lot to discuss, surveys, google documents, stakeholder lists, discussions, everything people want..........just no actual coin or wallet.

I would so like to receive another stake so I could sell it for 20,000 NXT....nem believers have their heads in the clouds.

Edit: even if I get back in, 2 or 3 for 1 in a week.

Got out at 31k.. And I agree they are all deluding themselves..
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Smiley Hello Qora community!

I don't know a lot about your coin - but every time I see it's name I am laughing, because in my language - Qora sounds like "Kura"

And "Kura" in my native language means :

Yes Smiley This is Kura Smiley maybe Qora devs should think about changing a logo :]

What is your language?

I found this:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kura

Its can mean a lot of stuff. Check out the meaning in Japanese. Its a storehouse in Japan that is used to store and keep safe valuable commodities. What an awesome coincidence.....if it is a coincidence....paging Satoshi.  

I guess it's russian  Cheesy
win
I'll leave it to qora to respond:

I would not advise trading at this point. This is very risky.

People do what people do.

Exactly, everyone trading now should know they are doing so at their own risk.

I've said it before but if people must trade I can't see why they wouldn't use Sharexcoin as they have a protective wrapper for their wallets.
win
Smiley Hello Qora community!

I don't know a lot about your coin - but every time I see it's name I am laughing, because in my language - Qora sounds like "Kura"

And "Kura" in my native language means :

Yes Smiley This is Kura Smiley maybe Qora devs should think about changing a logo :]

What is your language?

I found this:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kura

Its can mean a lot of stuff. Check out the meaning in Japanese. Its a storehouse in Japan that is used to store and keep safe valuable commodities. What an awesome coincidence.....if it is a coincidence....paging Satoshi.  
Activity: 585
I'll leave it to qora to respond:

I would not advise trading at this point. This is very risky.

People do what people do.
Activity: 585
If a fix is even coming...
You could always head over to NEM and discuss the possibility of a wallet at some future date for a coin that might be finished at some future date. The have a lot to discuss, surveys, google documents, stakeholder lists, discussions, everything people want..........just no actual coin or wallet.

I would so like to receive another stake so I could sell it for 20,000 NXT....nem believers have their heads in the clouds.

Edit: even if I get back in, 2 or 3 for 1 in a week.
legendary
Activity: 1428
I made a QORA transfer from Sharexcoin to Poloniex that seems to have disappeared.  Poloniex support seems puzzled but Sharexcoin told me:

The Qora's blockchain is recently forked making some of the transactions orphaned and disappear from the blockchain.
We are still waiting for qora's developer words about what to do with those transactions.

Please pm qora with that info.
Jump to: