Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 278. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Hello from a newbie  Grin.
Great concept here. Amazing to see such development within a short period of time. Have been through the last few pages and just downloaded the v8.0 client. Got 20 Qoras from the faucet. Thanks Cheesy Wish Qora, it's team and all the people involved in it good luck. Some questions
-Do I need to leave the command prompt open all the time(It says something like this- connecting to peer..bla bla bla--failed to connect...bla bla bla--)
-How do I lock my wallet?
-And how to generate blocks in the client?

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
So i think we have a proof that Qora cannot recover itself from fork even from local network. Cry

Wait a sec...  do you mean you also tried just to restart the first client and it didn't work?

I only asked you to recover from seed for the purposes of this experiment.  In the future just Quit and restart the client without recovering from seed.  If you keep ending up with a corrupted database...  qora has asked that we send him our data folders.
Yes, i'm still waiting for the client to recover itself, but it fails to do so. The only way to get on the right chain is to recover from the seed.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Did any of the big stakeholders think about using some of the made money to set up some nodes?

The problem is that only a couple accounts are forging. We need more people with coins unlock their wallets and start to forge.

Let's forge!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
You could go for some bounties doing such things. Offering compensation for those that run nodes to secure the network.

Smiley https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6939330

Nodes listhttp://coinia.net/qora/nodeview.php

We've got 58 new nodes so far.

Sounds pretty good. So, maybe next point is to educate people to not run nodes with giant amounts of coins.
I guess the fork problem came from a single account running on millions of Qora.

Right now the amount of transactions isn't that huge anyway, so the gain from bringing equilibrium and security to the network should be greater than the gains from received transactions.

Best case scenario would be some whales distributing their coins to several different nodes.

Maybe write a tutorial on how to set up a VPS? Should help for those that are interested on helping out that way.
legendary
Activity: 1367
Ok, restarting from scratch got
4558   03.06.2014 15:29:28   Qc454HfRSVbrdLmhD1d9nmmMe45NbQmRnG   536261160   6   6.00000000
on both clients. Cool
So i think we have a proof that Qora cannot recover itself from fork even from local network. Cry
And only workaround is deleting data and maybe wallet folders. Angry
Poor exchanges and their clients Embarrassed
Activity: 812
Is there a way to have the client start with an unlocked account?

I wanna set it up to auto start with my pc, and have it forge with my 463k qora.
legendary
Activity: 1036
I bought 5 million from TOYJJWGS for 3BTC using escrow 2 days before and now after resyncing they are gone!

What can i do? Hope he resends them

It's awful. Dev should fix blockchain fork issue ASAP!
Exchange withdrawals, deposits and p2p trading could be stopped until this issue will be resolved.

I would call it awful only if wizzardTim reported that TOYJJWGS was not willing to resend...  the 5M QORA is still in TOYJJWGS wallet...  all he/she needs to do is resend to complete the trade.

Still got no answer back. I start to worry..

All of us: me, seek4dream(escrow) and TOYJJWGS were on a fork during the trade.

He sent me pm few days ago
Had problems with a transaction on Poloniex
He saw his transaction on the blockchain and then it disappeared

According to the generated blocks in the Debug window the last generated block is 4503 and the last block generated in block explorer is 4554. The 4503 block at the explorer and 4503 block in my wallet were generated by a different address. My wallet is on another chain, what should i do?

Your wallet is fine if you see...

4557   Jun 3, 2014 2:23:15 PM   Qc454HfRSVbrdLmhD1d9nmmMe45NbQmRnG   536261160   0   0.00000000
I see the same as starik69 have posted:
4503   03.06.2014 14:47:07   QZxuuqqLevVNBCmaxnNhToG9x4o1c9ZiKQ   112296723   0   0.00000000
legendary
4555   Jun 3, 2014 2:18:43 PM   QPmtGMRet1TgHsGoPUJHa1abX36mHuyRKS   536261160   1   1.00000000
I have the same on second client, first stuck at
4503   03.06.2014 14:47:07   QZxuuqqLevVNBCmaxnNhToG9x4o1c9ZiKQ   112296723   0   0.00000000
Will try to start it without data/wallet  Roll Eyes
According to the generated blocks in the Debug window the last generated block is 4503 and the last block generated in block explorer is 4554. The 4503 block at the explorer and 4503 block in my wallet were generated by a different address. My wallet is on another chain, what should i do?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
You could go for some bounties doing such things. Offering compensation for those that run nodes to secure the network.

Smiley https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6939330

Nodes listhttp://coinia.net/qora/nodeview.php

We've got 58 new nodes so far.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Did any of the big stakeholders think about using some of the made money to set up some nodes?

The problem is that only a couple accounts are forging. We need more people with coins unlock their wallets and start to forge.

I know. But as nobody knows how the POS algo works an effective strategy is hard to plan.
I remember some NXT guy renting a couple of VMs and letting them run non stop with some NXT in every of the opened accounts.
Those were hallmarked nodes I think. Still not sure what exactly that means though Cheesy

Nevertheless, having some additional nodes with as much uptime as possible should at least not hurt the project.

Think about it, if someone tries a similar attack on the network as some people did with NXTs network (the DDOS storm of late '13 Cheesy) Qora is going to be pretty defenseless.

So, instead of marketing, securing the Network should have a much higher priority.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I have ten nodes up and running since last week and still no bounty...

Your nodes have been running for 6d13h

OK, thank you  Wink
legendary
There is something very very wrong with Qora.  Angry
I made an experiment - launched from zero another client in the same lan and specially edited settings to point new client to ip of already running qora. Cool
Result was astonishing! New client synced and shows the same blocks as in first but generated by another address!  Shocked
legendary
I have ten nodes up and running since last week and still no bounty...

Your nodes have been running for 6d13h
legendary
How is the promotion video progress going?

Waiting for a script to start working on illustrations and animation.

Other marketing things running?

A guy PMd me on Friday and said he really badly wants to be a part of Qora team. We spoke over Skype, I uploaded him all materials for building the website... and I never heard a thing from him since then. PMd him and skyped - no asnwer. I guess we need a new developer. Now one of major stakeholders or a paid one. Otherwise he may also disappear. If anyone know a good dev who would like to build a website for a considerable amount of money, please let me know.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I have ten nodes up and running since last week and still no bounty... I thought the payout would be on the second of june - yesterday.
Then I would certaily let one forging  Grin

Btw, I think, regarding the high frequency of updates and the current value of this coin, the node-bounty shoul be increased, e.g. to 5000/week.
Also a dayly payout would be nice...

What do You think abuout that?
legendary
In my client i see mostly one account generating blocks - beginning with QZxuuqqLev...  Roll Eyes
I am on a fork?  Huh
Devs must do something with it.  Angry In NXT one of the solutions was hallmarking nodes  Kiss
legendary

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Qora Wallet not running on my 32bit Windows 7 starter machine
Jump to: