Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 307. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Got a PM from dev of hashrate.org, cinnipool.co and caixpool.com multipools. Please take a look and share your thoughts. He'll probably want more than 1.5M QORA for making and operating something like that for Qora but if it's worth it I'm willing to pledge 50% of the price.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
Nice try

Actually

Quote from: Jean-Luc
It is not a clone, at least not a clone of the recent code. The code is obfuscated (probably proguard?) and I don't have time to dig further, but seems to be using a lot of third party libraries that we [Nxt] don't use. Uses jetty, and json-simple, but also jackson and mapdb, no H2.

The developer has definitely borrowed ideas from Nxt, but probably not much from the current implementation.

As for the speculations that it may be BCNext himself - not his style, remember the original Nxt code did not use any other libraries (even the jetty dependency was added later by CfB) and was a single file. It is more likely a good java developer who started from the original Nxt 0.4.x code like I did, but then continued his own way into a completely different implementation. But all this may have been intentional, to confuse people - so the conspiracy theories will keep going on.

Not bad. That is a pretty strong hint in the right direction.
Are there more of these statements around? We could collect those in the wiki as testimonies the code is genuine new.
It will offer more certainty for new investors without releasing source. Pretty good.

If Qora says no other cryptocurrency was used and was built from stratch I believe him. So basically I believe we are looking at a vert smart developer who is achieving something teams messing around with clones have yet to do or as I'm starting to believe it really is BCNext. the evidence is starting to give a strong case. So when Qora says no other crypto currency was used then I think he either looked at ideas of NXT but I think he is BCNext and is just developing the ideas that were his in the first place. You have to admit the evidence at least supports that idea.

Integrating Jetty makes sense in terms of someone who worked alongside NXT project leaders like COme from beyond and took some of people's good ideas and put them into practice, the use of Jetty therefore is not proof that it is not BCNexts current style. Actually it argues potentially for it being his style now.

Do we know anyone else on these forums that was able to pull off a new implementation of NXT ideas on His own?

it's totally BCNext guys,!!!!

And can I suggest another idea that people haven't thought about. Maybe this isn't BCNexts second project, maybe he really just felt like Qora mentioned that NXT was not done right with too much talking and he wanted to try doing NXT again the way he wanted. That isn't quite as exciting as it being his next project but it does throw up another idea. That we should look at Qora as NXT done in the way BCNext always wanted it to be done. Which puts NXT in the garbage can. No wonder he wouldn't want to be known as him.  Grin
legendary
Thanks for the FAQ. Item 8 resolved my issue. It's a nice feature that you can recover from a seed, meaning this is basically a deterministic wallet.

I assume this is on the "to fix" list? Is the wallet file getting corrupted somehow?

only qora knows
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
the 24H volume of Qora 22+btc on sharex
it's good circulation Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Well F it Angry, completely missed this
Activity: 532
why dumping ?
can't believe , the big whales!!!

Dumping could be good for a distribution, but in fact most peope act really weird. They only buy when the price goes up. Everybody has a great opportinity to buy millions of coins now, but they aren't. Lots of people were complaining about the price, but now when the price went down a bit they are not buying. They'll start buying when the price is back to 100 satoshi and higher. And of course they'll continue complaining about too high price  Smiley
They are waiting for 10 satoshi or 200 satoshi to buy in. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Qora people, should we execute Djinou94 and ban him from the giveaway for FUD and trolling?

Nooo pleaseee  Cry

You should feel good that the wretched and cowardly despise you. Wink

As people become more aware, these maggots will become increasingly desperate with each passing fail. This behaviour is to be expected.

You are a hero member
Save meeee hero

My minions will save you. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1736
Thanks for the FAQ. Item 8 resolved my issue. It's a nice feature that you can recover from a seed, meaning this is basically a deterministic wallet.

I assume this is on the "to fix" list? Is the wallet file getting corrupted somehow?
legendary
why dumping ?

Dumping could be good for a distribution, but in fact most peope act really weird. They only buy when the price goes up. Everybody has a great opportinity to buy millions of coins now, but they aren't. Lots of people were complaining about the price, but now when the price went down a bit they are not buying. They'll start buying when the price is back to 100 satoshi and higher. And of course they'll continue complaining about too high price  Smiley
Activity: 532

Why some words in English: About, Twitter, Released 16 May, New Source, Any donation will be welcome?

PMd qora, asked to add it to OP.
Updated. A few English words is fine. Most of Chinese people can understand lots of single words but whole sentence.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
why dumping ?
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
legendary

Why some words in English: About, Twitter, Released 16 May, New Source, Any donation will be welcome?

PMd qora, asked to add it to OP.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Qora people, should we execute Djinou94 and ban him from the giveaway for FUD and trolling?

Nooo pleaseee  Cry

As people become more aware, these maggots will become increasingly desperate with each passing fail. This behaviour is to be expected.

You are a hero member
Save meeee hero
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Nice try

Actually

Quote from: Jean-Luc
It is not a clone, at least not a clone of the recent code. The code is obfuscated (probably proguard?) and I don't have time to dig further, but seems to be using a lot of third party libraries that we [Nxt] don't use. Uses jetty, and json-simple, but also jackson and mapdb, no H2.

The developer has definitely borrowed ideas from Nxt, but probably not much from the current implementation.

As for the speculations that it may be BCNext himself - not his style, remember the original Nxt code did not use any other libraries (even the jetty dependency was added later by CfB) and was a single file. It is more likely a good java developer who started from the original Nxt 0.4.x code like I did, but then continued his own way into a completely different implementation. But all this may have been intentional, to confuse people - so the conspiracy theories will keep going on.

Not bad. That is a pretty strong hint in the right direction.
Are there more of these statements around? We could collect those in the wiki as testimonies the code is genuine new.
It will offer more certainty for new investors without releasing source. Pretty good.
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

Nooo pleaseee  Cry

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

Its a beautiful night for an execution. I propose hanging him.
Jump to: