Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 309. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
can someone post his working knownpeers? - I am haveing problems finding peers.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Just added 5 more nodes to support the network.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Anyone else wondering if Qora's way of not marketing the coin or even trying to get it on exchanges might of been best way?

All the negative waves of newbies is getting annoying.

Actually, no one is being negative. Here are just some people asking normal questions. Not even devestating ones. I think we all point out that we don't see any reason why Qora is bad. Just as we don't see any reason why it is especially good.

By the way. I know for a fact that Qora is not BCNext.
He is working on a new revolutionary completly blockchain free (almost, miniature blockchain of a couple blocks max) Proof of Consensus coin. Ultra fast, ultra secure and definitely not Qora.

How do you know that?

This was meant as a parody.
There is not the slightest proof Qora is BCNext.
My statement has exactly the same amount of proof.

We said that there are indications. You said that you know for fact. Who' the liar but you?
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
Poloniex is getting schooled by ShareXcoin and it has NOTHING to do with the wrapper and/or the Qora client...  they just have NOT BOTHERED to provide any support whatsoever...

I agree and this makes no sense.  Right now, Qora is the 6th largest volume on Poloniex (it's making them good money).  You would think that they would want to fix their issue and get as much of the Qora trade volume that they can.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
Any Chinese speakers around here that can talk with BTER to add Qora? A lot of us are just getting really tired of Poloniex right now. I think BTER deserve Qora markets.

FYI, I did email them, but I think some Chinese speakers can get the memo across quicker.

I am sure they research all the coins. Qora has syncing issues now, not enough peers also, how do you suppose a professional exchange is going to run it? Poloniex is half hobby for now, it can afford that, but Bter has been around for a while and it tends to deliver. It can't deliver with Qora just yet, there'd be too many complaints about sh*t not working.
Qora deposits and withdrawals are working flawlessly on ShareXcoin. It's because we built a wrapper for it, not using the unstable client.
I heard Bter is having issues with Nxt so I doubt they can add Qora in a short time.
So, it seems like we are the only exchange that can handle Qora at the moment Smiley

You exchange is decent, why so many shitcoins flooding it though? In the long term you will have a reputation as shitcoin central, focus on Qora and minimise new shitcoin adds.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So, it seems like we are the only exchange that can handle Qora at the moment Smiley

+1

Correct. And a good indicator that the underlying code is working perfectly fine.
The client is still unstable though. As soon as Qora will come up with a fully working one things should be back on the way up.
Activity: 70
Any Chinese speakers around here that can talk with BTER to add Qora? A lot of us are just getting really tired of Poloniex right now. I think BTER deserve Qora markets.

FYI, I did email them, but I think some Chinese speakers can get the memo across quicker.

I am sure they research all the coins. Qora has syncing issues now, not enough peers also, how do you suppose a professional exchange is going to run it? Poloniex is half hobby for now, it can afford that, but Bter has been around for a while and it tends to deliver. It can't deliver with Qora just yet, there'd be too many complaints about sh*t not working.
Qora deposits and withdrawals are working flawlessly on ShareXcoin. It's because we built a wrapper for it, not using the unstable client.
I heard Bter is having issues with Nxt so I doubt they can add Qora in a short time.
Activity: 478
This thread is going down fast. No more development, bug testing, getting the word out or anything else just bla bla bla

It's true that a few people are putting the cart before the horse with regard to price and development, but it is still very early in the life of this project. The community is slowly growing, the main dev is still working, and the future is bright.
win
Qora Historical References

STOP ruining all the fun...  here is how it started...  don't participate if you don't like it...  but STOP ruining all the fun!!!   Lips sealed

Some people pmed me about the fact that they could not invest on time.
Unfortunatly I can not accept any investments past the IPO date.

Hey... are there any Nxt folks here?   I got an inside joke for y'all!    Grin

Check out the bolded text in the above quote...  BCNext IS IN DA HOUSE!!!   Say what?!?!?    Cheesy  

...feel free to bring the PANIC on...

Edit:  Do you even realize that this was directed towards Nxt folks as an inside joke?!?!?  WTF???  Just thinking that a known Nxt supporter has ended up with a chip on his shoulder over it is starting to PISS ME OFF!?!?!   Angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4
Just to make sure people really understand me.

I never said the code is bad/malicious/not working.

All I do is offering another perspective to the rumor that Qora is BCNext. Some people here made that assumption a lot of times and it is completly unfunded.

The concerns I am stating are at no point meant to be my own. I've been here from the start. I know Qora has enough integrity to deliver a basic product and continue working on it.

New investors on the other hand, those with actual large amounts of money, will not come as easily and pump wealth into this system. The current market cap is deceiving. A lot of coins are waiting to be sold and there are not that much BTC to catch them on the other side.

The problem is you used the sentence below. Clearly what you have is a differing opinion which is cool, but you suggested you know, rather than think, which is a world of difference.  

"By the way. I know for a fact that Qora is not BCNext."

I'm not sure parody can come across on this site... Grin

Correct, but it was stated with the same certainty, that Qora is BCNext. The whole thing is just ridiculous.
Activity: 910
Is the bounty paid weekly from the day you register the node or is it paid on a special day, e.g. Monday for every full week the node is running?

Not sure exactly how the script runs...  hopefully agran will reply to your post...  but it might be a good idea for him to code some type of timer and send payments only when the node has run for a specified amount of time...  like the NHZ Node Bounty works.
Payments will be daily. But every man shall receive his coins once a week. The first payment will be on may 2.
win

All I do is offering another perspective to the rumor that Qora is BCNext. Some people here made that assumption a lot of times and it is completly unfunded.

The concerns I am stating are at no point meant to be my own. I've been here from the start. I know Qora has enough integrity to deliver a basic product and continue working on it.

New investors on the other hand, those with actual large amounts of money, will not come as easily and pump wealth into this system. The current market cap is deceiving. A lot of coins are waiting to be sold and there are not that much BTC to catch them on the other side.

The problem is you used the sentence below. Clearly what you have is a differing opinion which is cool, but you suggested you know, rather than think, which is a world of difference.  

"By the way. I know for a fact that Qora is not BCNext."

I'm not sure parody can come across on this site... Grin

Anyone else wondering if Qora's way of not marketing the coin or even trying to get it on exchanges might of been best way?

Actually, no one is being negative. Here are just some people asking normal questions. Not even devestating ones. I think we all point out that we don't see any reason why Qora is bad. Just as we don't see any reason why it is especially good.

He is working on a new revolutionary completly blockchain free (almost, miniature blockchain of a couple blocks max) Proof of Consensus coin. Ultra fast, ultra secure and definitely not Qora.

How do you know that?

This was meant as a parody.
There is not the slightest proof Qora is BCNext.
My statement has exactly the same amount of proof.
Activity: 322
anybody can tell me the next good future coin?i am miss the qora

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

How do you know that?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

I have PMed to bter on weibo.com, got positive response.
Guys, be patient.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
@agran

Please add # of confirmations when looking up signatures in the Block Explorer.

thnx   Smiley

Done. http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php
agran > cfb   Grin
Activity: 910
@agran

Please add # of confirmations when looking up signatures in the Block Explorer.

thnx   Smiley

Done. http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php
*DEV* Let me know if you have anymore bounties to add in the future, and Ill stay tuned to keep the site updated when your bounties are done.
Jump to: