Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 32. (Read 748203 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
I was thinking Tuesday get to give everyone notice to be there.

Personally I would prefer 8pm gmt, what does everyone else think?
Who is gonna attend?

I will be there.

EVERYONE JOIN THE CHAT 14th 8PM GMT

Screenshot, Pastebin please i could not be here
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
problem is it hides the active community and the developer. NXT developed entirely on one thread. Its free advertising imo.

Hmm I think you're right. The advantage of chat is that it is in real time (no need to refresh etc) but the advantage of the forum is that the thread looks more alive.

Simple, just post a transcript.  Wink

I looked at chat and wondered about posting a chunk. Problem is it makes little sense. I honestly think if people are concise and not just lazy messenger type chat that is 90% pointless talking on the thread really is a better option for so many reasons. I know Qora is never going to be a social butterfly but his presence on the thread stirs interest as does talk of development etc.

I don't think you can stop people now using the chat function, it would have to be shut down to actually stop the trend now. But honestly I do believe it does hinder Qoras community development. I suggest when we go OS we talk on here and then when we reach a critical mass move over to the forum as well.

One last thing is I honestly am not sure chat is any better for communicating if we get more members, ideas get lost in the chat and no one is ever on chat at the same time.  Smiley

In my ideal world Chat would be shut down and a new bunch of threads would be made, like one for general discussion and one for development discussions, both should be moderated. Once we are OS I seriously believe we MUST do this to hook into the development community.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
problem is it hides the active community and the developer. NXT developed entirely on one thread. Its free advertising imo.

Hmm I think you're right. The advantage of chat is that it is in real time (no need to refresh etc) but the advantage of the forum is that the thread looks more alive.

Simple, just post a transcript.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
more celebrating on this page pls Cheesy

Who is gonna attend?

I will be there.

It's a good idea but why don't we just use this thread for chat?
chat is clearly better for the meeting than forum  Roll Eyes

Who is gonna attend?

I will be there.

It's a good idea but why don't we just use this thread for chat?
legendary
I don't know if I will be able to attend, due to work..but I'll try my best!
legendary
Activity: 1428

Who is gonna attend?

I will be there.

Who is gonna attend?
With this page 500 I want to say some words:

I want to thank the Qora dev for his dedication towards the community and the development of Qora. Thank you Qora.

I also want to thank the initial stakeholders and other community members. Thank you.

Because of the trust of the stakeholders in the Qora dev this coin is alive and kicking and there is a lot more to come.. We are not even open source and there is a huge trust in the future of this coin, the dev and the community. The community is also strong and growing everyday with more people that are finding out Qora is sustainable, strong and has a lot to offer.

Hopefully the stakeholders keep being patient, because the stakeholders and the community are together with the dev the force behind this succes.

I agree with you. We have trust in the dev and qora deserves to be treated like one of the best coins, if not the best after BTC. A time for all people to meet in the chat needs to be set.

Anyhow, I totally believe in this coin and whenever I have the chance I keep on buying and promoting.

My belief is this about Qora and I know it could sound like trouble making BUT. I truely believe Qora is a better NXT. I followed NXT from the beginning and was excited for it's asset exchange which I thought would make it possible to get off decentralised exchanges. The truth is I hate the user experience of the NXT asset exchange, that's not from trying to attack but from my honest experience as a once fan of NXT. I could try to put into words why I hate it but even facts like I have to use NXT to trade is annoying is not the reason, I just find it an un satisfying user experience from start to finish. My hope is Qora changes that.

So in my mind the only thing NXT has over Qora is it came earlier. But the whole point of second generation coins is to give us something Bitcojn can't and the main one being an asset exchange. So until a coin does a decent one my money is on Qora to deliver the best one with a focus on being user friendly because that has what he has delivered and focused on so far. People can't see how nice and streamlined the wallet will be because of the crappy GUI. Couple that with proving itself with open source then this coin has only one direction.
legendary
Activity: 1036

I want to thank the Qora dev for his dedication towards the community and the development of Qora. Thank you Qora.

I also want to thank the initial stakeholders and other community members. Thank you.

Because of the trust of the stakeholders in the Qora dev this coin is alive and kicking and there is a lot more to come.. We are not even open source and there is a huge trust in the future of this coin, the dev and the community. The community is also strong and growing everyday with more people that are finding out Qora is sustainable, strong and has a lot to offer.

Hopefully the stakeholders keep being patient, because the stakeholders and the community are together with the dev the force behind this succes.

suits me...
we could have this meetings regularly, e.g. once or twice a week Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428

legendary

I agree with you. We have trust in the dev and qora deserves to be treated like one of the best coins, if not the best after BTC. A time for all people to meet in the chat needs to be set.

Anyhow, I totally believe in this coin and whenever I have the chance I keep on buying and promoting.
Am I the only person that gets annoyed about this?

There is someone who has since Qora has been trading on BTER always when the price looks like it is rising puts a tiny sell wall in literally for a few cents and so is definitely a fake sell to make the price look flat and not rising. I assume it's ten same person who is buying. I don't want to name names but it's been so consistent now that it has to be a major buyer, some here might be able to guess who but without concrete proof no one should bother pointing a finger.

But it sure does piss me off. They are doing Qora an injustice as they keep a lid on the perceived price. In the end it has long term effects in people's view of Qoras ability to increase in price.

To the guy who's doing it....stop it.

I noticed that. I am doing this vice-versa on Poloniex, when having some BTC. After someone sells I buy a few hundreds  Grin
Am I the only person that gets annoyed about this?

There is someone who has since Qora has been trading on BTER always when the price looks like it is rising puts a tiny sell wall in literally for a few cents and so is definitely a fake sell to make the price look flat and not rising. I assume it's ten same person who is buying. I don't want to name names but it's been so consistent now that it has to be a major buyer, some here might be able to guess who but without concrete proof no one should bother pointing a finger.

But it sure does piss me off. They are doing Qora an injustice as they keep a lid on the perceived price. In the end it has long term effects in people's view of Qoras ability to increase in price.

To the guy who's doing it....stop it.

Activity: 585

+1
legendary
Activity: 1148

Pages:
Jump to: