Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 34. (Read 748203 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
"to endure to achieve"
thx Vrontis and smaragda Smiley

OK - but which is my account?
I see 10 accounts on the Account tab - just tried click the New account button and no 11 account popped in the list..
Activity: 351
OK I'm new to QORA.

Managed to install and open the wallet - it looks like just a basic wallet with not much UI glamour Smiley is that the correct wallet?
Down below, the yellow icon says Synchronizing and beside it the black lock shows Unlocked.

Where can I see how far the sync is and how do I lock the wallet (must it be unlocked in order to mine?) ?

My next question is: how do I mine QORAs ?

The answers I forward may be in this thread - but 500 pages TL,DR..

When you get your wallet synchronized you will see the yellow turned to green and the message Oke.
You can lock and unlock your wallet by clicking the locker icon.
In order to forge you need to have the wallet unlocked.
But here you will find instructions on how to be able to forge with the wallet locked.
Activity: 420
"to endure to achieve"
OK I'm new to QORA.

Managed to install and open the wallet - it looks like just a basic wallet with not much UI glamour Smiley is that the correct wallet?
Down below, the yellow icon says Synchronizing and beside it the black lock shows Unlocked.

On the first tab Accounts I see 10 accounts - which one is my account?

Where can I see how far the sync is and how do I lock the wallet (must it be unlocked in order to mine?) ?

My next question is: how do I mine QORAs ?

The answers I forward may be in this thread - but 500 pages hard to read up on I'm afraid..
why dev have no interest in AT system, i dont understand

Have you confused this with the Nxt thread?   Undecided

Grin Grin

Qora was interested for AT from the very first moment months ago.If he wasn't interested he wouldn't agree to integrate it.
Activity: 247
why dev have no interest in AT system, i dont understand
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
guss i'm in the wrong fork and lost my qora. shit Angry

Yes, to make it clear, if whomever sent the Qora is on a fork, they will have your Qora in their wallet when they restore their wallet to the correct chain.  For the past few days, people have been complaining that Poloniex is on a fork. I don't use their exchange, but it looks like everyone who is missing withdrawals may need to spam support.

This is not the fault of Qora.  If BTE-e, Cryptsy or any other BIG exchange were on a BTC fork, you would be having the same issues withdrawing you BTC from them.

Not trying to attack polo, but this is the unfortunate problem with some of these exchanges that try to offer 20+ coins.  Some of the coins get neglected and the customers are the ones to pay.  However, I have never heard of anyone out-right losing their money from an exchange this way.  I can recall stories of withdrawals taking some people over a month to receive, but I've never heard of their funds being competely lost due to the exchange being on a fork.

Ofcourse this is the users concern, and the responsibility of the Polo team, but anytime these forks happen I see no notifications here, from the Qora people. It's like, oh yeah, fuck it, shit happens, not our concern...

Edit: and sorry to the people who genuinely care and take time to help
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

Yes, to make it clear, if whomever sent the Qora is on a fork, they will have your Qora in their wallet when they restore their wallet to the correct chain.  For the past few days, people have been complaining that Poloniex is on a fork. I don't use their exchange, but it looks like everyone who is missing withdrawals may need to spam support.

This is not the fault of Qora.  If BTE-e, Cryptsy or any other BIG exchange were on a BTC fork, you would be having the same issues withdrawing you BTC from them.

Not trying to attack polo, but this is the unfortunate problem with some of these exchanges that try to offer 20+ coins.  Some of the coins get neglected and the customers are the ones to pay.  However, I have never heard of anyone out-right losing their money from an exchange this way.  I can recall stories of withdrawals taking some people over a month to receive, but I've never heard of their funds being competely lost due to the exchange being on a fork.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
I watched both and installed java successfully…not the wallet  Smiley

I can't help furthermore

Maybe someone with Mac can help

Yes, I use QORA on a Mac.  Assuming that you have Java installed, just unzip the file, open the terminal, navigate to the folder, and enter "./run.sh" (do not include the quotation marks.)

I can try to help, though I've not seen this error.  PM me any more details, and I'll try to get back with you when I can.

I can't help furthermore

Maybe someone with Mac can help

Yes, I use QORA on a Mac.  Assuming that you have Java installed, just unzip the file, open the terminal, navigate to the folder, and enter "./run.sh" (do not include the quotation marks.)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi, new to Qora and glad to be here!

While trying to install wallet on os x 10.8, I type "./run.sh" but I get "./run.sh: Operation not permitted" .
I also tried sudo ./run.sh and nothing happens, just new command line. (JAVA 7 installed)

Any help is appreciated

Try the below

chmod 777 run.sh

and then type

./run.sh

PS: I don't have a MAC but I assume that this is going to work.

Thanks for the reply but I still get the same message. Maybe its not compatible with 10.8?

Check this video also : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iok9kTFIkPI
And make sure you have java installed ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRXjTX_vdeU )

While trying to install wallet on os x 10.8, I type "./run.sh" but I get "./run.sh: Operation not permitted" .
I also tried sudo ./run.sh and nothing happens, just new command line. (JAVA 7 installed)

Any help is appreciated

Try the below

chmod 777 run.sh

and then type

./run.sh

Thanks for the reply but I still get the same message. Maybe its not compatible with 10.8?

Any help is appreciated

Try the below

chmod 777 run.sh

and then type

./run.sh

Any help is appreciated
legendary
Activity: 1428

Funds will not be lost but you'll have to go through Poloniex Support for resolution.
[/quote]

Ok, was getting worried that it might happen again.
[/quote]

What do you mean again? When have you lost Qora?
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
What is that?
Block explorer shows last block about 3 hours ago 39258 - but me client shows newest block now 39292.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
client 18 is suicidal on my rig somehow.
2nd time this happens here.

legendary
Activity: 1120

[/quote]

Funds will not be lost but you'll have to go through Poloniex Support for resolution.
[/quote]

Ok, was getting worried that it might happen again.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
What is the current *correct* block height?
Pages:
Jump to: