Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 33. (Read 748203 times)

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
client 18 is suicidal on my rig somehow.
2nd time this happens here.

"Reworked the closing of the application. Closing the application by force should no longer be required. When you close the application by force while it is processing a block, you will receive an error the next time you start it up."
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Can't get my Signature campaign Coins, till now!! Any new on this?
I think we need to setup a time and date for everyone to be in the chat. Have 1 big chat session so we can get stuff finalized like the marketing/press release.

What do you guys think?
later today?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I think we need to setup a time and date for everyone to be in the chat. Have 1 big chat session so we can get stuff finalized like the marketing/press release.

What do you guys think?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Yes, gonna reach 500!!
legendary
so close to 500 pages!!
I am back!  Grin
legendary

I have already asked them to add in the reason why the price went down (sharex)
legendary
is it like with other forge systems that if you have more coins in your wallet you have a higher chance to forge a block?
when I look at blockexplorer I see some accounts forging blocks often..

Yes that is correct.
Activity: 420
"to endure to achieve"
is it like with other forge systems that if you have more coins in your wallet you have a higher chance to forge a block?
when I look at blockexplorer I see some accounts forging blocks often..
"to endure to achieve"
"to endure to achieve"
oh forgot:

Can I move the wallet dir to another folder at my choosing?
Like adding this to the target in properties shortcut tab: -datadir="whatever-path-I-choose"
Or is that not necessary because I don't need to save the actual wallets? It's the seed that's important? It will create my wallets when entered on another computer?

I think I'm now forging - is there a way to check that?
"to endure to achieve"
thx rlh..
and yes - I did make sure to save the seed indeed.. and to keep it safe Smiley

OK - didn't remember that default 10 account no - but it's OK..
Can I (should/would I?) delete some of those accounts? Or is that irrelevant?
legendary
Activity: 1148
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
thx Vrontis and smaragda Smiley

OK - but which is my account?
I see 10 accounts on the Account tab - just tried click the New account button and no 11 account popped in the list..

All of them are your addresses.You can have many many address.
Your account actually is your wallet seed which contains numerous addresses.
You can have Qora's in any of the address there.

To add to what Vrontis said, when you initially created a random account, Qora created a "seed", and you should have been prompted to save it.  (You did save it, right?  Right???)

Ok, that seed is used to derive your payment addresses.  Your "seed" is the most important piece of information that you have.  I recommend that you save it to a USB flash drive and put the device in a safe place.  If you want to buy large amounts of Qora, you may want to also copy the seed into a document, print it out and then put the document in a lock box, for safe keeping.  It never hurts to have a redundant form of offline back up, in case something happens to the USB drive.

All of your addresses derive from your seed.  You may not recall but when you launched Qora for the first time, you were prompted for a number of addresses to generate.  It defaults to 10, but you could have said 1... 5... even 100.  You can receive qora into any of these addresses.  Each address is independent of the others, but they are all yours and they can all be recovered from your seed.

Also, for further clarification, your password has no bearing on the generated addresses that came from your seed.  So that you wouldn't have to remember your seed (or save it in an unsafe text file on your PC or, God forbid, Dropbox) Your password is used to hash and hide your seed.  If delete all of your local data, you can restore your wallet by entering your original seed.  When Qora prompts you for a password, you can change it to what ever you want and you will still be able to recover your finances.
"to endure to achieve"
Activity: 351
thx Vrontis and smaragda Smiley

OK - but which is my account?
I see 10 accounts on the Account tab - just tried click the New account button and no 11 account popped in the list..

All of them are your addresses.You can have many many address.
Your account actually is your wallet seed which contains numerous addresses.
You can have Qora's in any of the address there.
Pages:
Jump to: