Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 347. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 250
I have a domain name: www.qoraforum.com
Can be used to make QORA forum.
Best wishes.
Activity: 378
Though Nxt had unobfuscated code and Come-from-Beyond was encouraging people to decompile and review it, even when it was 'closed source'. Those that did review it reported back it was something new so provided some basis for a punt.

We don't know anything about this at the moment, right?

Well atleast this guy looked into it and did not find any similarities to nxt or emunie.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6153672;topicseen#msg6153672

That was the beta a while ago, but after looking at the v5 obfuscated code, CLI API, P2P messages, and general usage it all still applies.

But not being able to properly review the source code means that we have no real information about some key aspects of the Qora design. How specifically does the PoS system work? How does it prevent double spends? How resilient is it to various forms of attack? It's easy to write a fake crypto currency that appears fine on the surface but doesn't tick all those boxes, and until we can somehow examine the code we are buying/selling based on unearned trust. The price should reflect that risk, until we have concrete information on the design, and enough eyes have properly looked over the code.

At the moment, I find Qora to be unstable (P2P side) and buggy (at least the UI), and I personally don't like the UI. All of that is to be expected of a freshly designed/launched coin at this stage, and with the right developer & community support all can be fixed, so I'm not overly worried. I'm more worried that the focus of this thread is currently on the price, and that the asking price is (slightly) too high to get a sufficiently interested & active community.

Nxt was pretty unstable in its early days too, and with the development that CfB/JL have done on it since it's a totally different beast. I now think the Nxt design & implementation are excellent. I don't want to start distribution discussions again, but my hope is that a Nxt clone/spinoff will get the initial distribution right and be a serious contender. NHZ is 90%+ owned by developers so not yet decentralised; NAS botched the initial distributed; NFDv2 has a lot of potential, despite its murky beginnings.

Qora is trying to fill a niche that Nxt already fills, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. If everyone thought the same about Bitcoin, we wouldn't have all the innovation that Bitcoin-based altcoins have brought (don't laugh, there's lots). The Qora codebase could be the perfect platform for valuable innovation in the future, even if it currently has little extra functionality over Nxt. Someone could find a previously-unknown fatal flaw in Nxt that renders if useless, and independently developed alternatives are required. The Nxt core development team could go off on some wild tangent, or let it stagnate, etc (even if they're doing the right thing now).
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Read burrowed statement:
I'm comparing Qoras lifecycle with that of NXT, as it is the only real example we have. Doing so I say the price is currently set too high.
We will most likely see a drop back to around 50, as NXT did after hitting the exchanges. (Exchange means easier way for people to sell and there are a lot of Qora out there, somebody will always sell)

"As NXT did after hitting the exchanges" Smiley
That's very funny. As a long term NXTer I remember all ups and downs. Please stop the FUD.

You should get your definitions straight. There is no FUD here, just a valid discussion.
And as for the NXT price. I guess you should have been there earlier.

Dgex prices startet at around 300, went up to 1500 and then back down to around 500.
Considering Qora hast ten times the coins of NXT, the numbers 30, 150 and 50 seems slightly familiar....

Edit:
excuse me, there was one little mistake. Exchange, it must have been singular instead of plural. Dgex was the first exchange of NXT and for a long time the only one.

more like started at 100 for about 2 days then climbed upto 1500 in the first week. then 1 week later dropped to 300 in the next week rose to about 1000

then shot up to 11000 the following week

Exactly
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Read burrowed statement:
I'm comparing Qoras lifecycle with that of NXT, as it is the only real example we have. Doing so I say the price is currently set too high.
We will most likely see a drop back to around 50, as NXT did after hitting the exchanges. (Exchange means easier way for people to sell and there are a lot of Qora out there, somebody will always sell)

That's very funny. As a long term NXTer I remember all ups and downs. Please stop the FUD.

You should get your definitions straight. There is no FUD here, just a valid discussion.

Dgex prices startet at around 300, went up to 1500 and then back down to around 500.
Considering Qora hast ten times the coins of NXT, the numbers 30, 150 and 50 seems slightly familiar....

Edit:
excuse me, there was one little mistake. Exchange, it must have been singular instead of plural. Dgex was the first exchange of NXT and for a long time the only one.

more like started at 100 for about 2 days then climbed upto 1500 in the first week. then 1 week later dropped to 300 in the next week rose to about 1000

then shot up to 11000 the following week
legendary
Read burrowed statement:

Edit:

When Nxt got to Dgex its price exploded.
When Nxt got to Bter its price exploded again.

There were dumps and bumps but it has nothing to do with any particular exchanges. It's just how it is. There's no currency with stable price.

As for Qora, it has just been launched and its bottom price was 35-50 satoshi. Right from the start. A week later when it hit the first exchange it's already 70-100 satoshi. There's no way back. It is the minimum price. When Qora get to Bter there probably will be a bump up to 500 satoshi or even higher. Then the price might got lower. But not now when it is on its minimum.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Read burrowed statement:

Edit:
Activity: 710
Merit: 500
What is the total number of coins?  What exchange is this on? And is there a guide for using the wallet in windows?

10 Billion

https://sharexcoin.com/market/QORA_BTC

1. Install last version of Java from java.com
2. Unzip v5.0 client
3. Double click run.bat
4. Save generated seed outside of you computer

Thanks a lot.
Activity: 574
Anyone interested in slightly more concrete info on what Qora is, here is a quote from Jean-Luc (one of the main developers of Nxt core) who has scanned the code:

Quote from: Jean-Luc
It is not a clone, at least not a clone of the recent code. The code is obfuscated (probably proguard?) and I don't have time to dig further, but seems to be using a lot of third party libraries that we [Nxt] don't use. Uses jetty, and json-simple, but also jackson and mapdb, no H2.

The developer has definitely borrowed ideas from Nxt, but probably not much from the current implementation.

As for the speculations that it may be BCNext himself - not his style, remember the original Nxt code did not use any other libraries (even the jetty dependency was added later by CfB) and was a single file. It is more likely a good java developer who started from the original Nxt 0.4.x code like I did, but then continued his own way into a completely different implementation. But all this may have been intentional, to confuse people - so the conspiracy theories will keep going on.

Hype/P&D from this what you will  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Great! I'm glad such people are looking into Qora. It says a lot.

Guys on Nxtforum asked him to, he didn't do it of his own free will.

(Let the hype begin !  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy )
Activity: 290
Anyone interested in slightly more concrete info on what Qora is, here is a quote from Jean-Luc (one of the main developers of Nxt core) who has scanned the code:

It is not a clone, at least not a clone of the recent code. The code is obfuscated (probably proguard?) and I don't have time to dig further, but seems to be using a lot of third party libraries that we [Nxt] don't use. Uses jetty, and json-simple, but also jackson and mapdb, no H2.

The developer has definitely borrowed ideas from Nxt, but probably not much from the current implementation.

As for the speculations that it may be BCNext himself - not his style, remember the original Nxt code did not use any other libraries (even the jetty dependency was added later by CfB) and was a single file. It is more likely a good java developer who started from the original Nxt 0.4.x code like I did, but then continued his own way into a completely different implementation. But all this may have been intentional, to confuse people - so the conspiracy theories will keep going on.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Read burrowed statement:

Activity: 913
Merit: 664
There are too many sockpupt accounts
 in BTT.

One countermeasure would be to send only low amounts to people with less posts and a bigger portion to people with more posts.
legendary

AWESOME!   Grin

@dzarmush

Is there any way to be excluded from the giveaway but still use the signature you gave us?

Yes. If you just put the signature you won't be receiving any coins.
legendary

Great! I'm glad such people are looking into Qora. It says a lot.
Activity: 532
Hey y'all!

Argan has built a script for checking users' signatures, we're ready to start a giveaway!

1. There will be two types of signatures: with a link to this thread and without coz Newbie accounts can't contain URLs in signatures. Script will be checking signatures and send coins once a week if user has our signature. The question is how much Qora will users be receiving every week for each signature type. Please post your thoughts.

Code:
[url=coinia.net/Q]QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE[/url] | {your-qora-address}
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QMAvJFthayQjG4BQ2F5shnpLueUq3mXqdN

Code:
QORA|NEW CODE|{your-qora-address}
QORA|NEW CODE|QMAvJFthayQjG4BQ2F5shnpLueUq3mXqdN

2. We've already got 5'685'000 QORA in the marketing fund and we can partitially use this money, but if you feel generous you're always welcome to send some coins.
Details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hOwbYTEITNsQ_OsYx7ltFnlAMvk7xUSpIV9_7_7Tqec/edit#gid=0
There are too many sockpupt accounts
 in BTT.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
the price is cheap now

Cheap based on what?

A price of 50 sat is about right currently.
The coin has not proven itself in any manner. It is working but there are no reviews about the code and the client is fas from being polished.

Mind though, 50 sat gives Qora a market cap of around 2.5 Million Dollar, placing it around position 20 of coinmarketcap and in the vicinity of Monero.
NXT had a similar position at this point of its development, so this is not bad, but appropriate.

Further development and people that work for the coin will bring the price up to about 200 sat. If everything works out fine we will see about 500 sat in a couple of month. Placing Qora at around 25 Million US $.

Actually it's 70-100 satoshi. Nobody sells at 50. Such price put Qora right under MaidSafeCoin which is about right considering things you've said. With polished client, web/mobile clients and features dev is going to implement we'll be in top 5.

Nobody selling at 50 doens't mean the coin is worth 70-100. Those Numbers are still an overvaluation.
There is at least one established second gen coin. So Qora doesn't have the bonus of being first anymore.

And maidsafe is a completly different breed. That coin is once again first of its kind and has a definite purpose. Qora competes for a niche that is already filled.

Also today I received an offer to sell 15M at 100 satoshi.

Yet again. It's not about the price, it is about the value. And 100 sat is still ovepriced.

How so? Qora is right on its place: over bitcoin and litecoin forks but under all unique coins. Let the dev finish what he's started and it'll go up to the top.

Read burrowed statement:
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Hey y'all!

Argan has built a script for checking users' signatures, we're ready to start a giveaway!

1. There will be two types of signatures: with a link to this thread and without coz Newbie accounts can't contain URLs in signatures. Script will be checking signatures and send coins once a week if user has our signature. The question is how much Qora will users be receiving every week for each signature type. Please post your thoughts.

Code:

Code:

2. We've already got 5'685'000 QORA in the marketing fund and we can partitially use this money, but if you feel generous you're always welcome to send some coins.
Details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hOwbYTEITNsQ_OsYx7ltFnlAMvk7xUSpIV9_7_7Tqec/edit#gid=0
waiting for the giveaway and do the promotion in the community.
move on ,qora. Smiley
legendary
What is the total number of coins?  What exchange is this on? And is there a guide for using the wallet in windows?

10 Billion

https://sharexcoin.com/market/QORA_BTC

1. Install last version of Java from java.com
2. Unzip v5.0 client
3. Double click run.bat
4. Save generated seed outside of you computer
Activity: 770
Hey y'all!

Code:

Code:

Great! One possibility is to distribute a given amount each week and divide it through all qualified participants
great action. this promotion will bring more people in , of course ,the more  coins for giveaway, the more people in. Smiley
Activity: 574

Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Hey y'all!

Code:

Code:

Great! One possibility is to distribute a given amount each week and divide it through all qualified participants
Jump to: