Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 378. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
I would also add to that the major focus is simple. Apart from Marketing and help with website that will be implemented by Qora anyway. The main area of focus should be getting a talented person with a good sized bounty to create an awesome web wallet (it's crucial in my mind) and also a decent looking blockchain, nothing amateur, whoever did the NXT blockchain should be scouted and funded.

I guess my point is get the best we can pay for, no amateur hour stuff whatever is decided to be done.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

2. Salsacz was chosen for Nxt. I think if he's good for Nxt then he or someone like him is good for Qora. But we'll vote on this matter I guess.

He is one of member of nxt market committee.
But nxt market promotion is really sucks. So i dont think he's good for qora.

We should pay a professional internet marketer, viral ads, news articles in the right place etc.

The question is where to find one.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Guys, r we at block 1186, generated by QUzxpadKLq1Wyg7GWz3FV2CUVFTN5PeE9p?

1183 over here. I will close my wallet and re-open to see if it catches up. My CMD is showing me this message..

May 20, 2014 9:47:01 PM c.d b
INFO: Connection close : /42.159.153.145
May 20, 2014 9:49:18 PM c.e run
INFO: received message 7 from /162.243.170.7
May 20, 2014 9:49:18 PM a.a a
INFO: received new valid block
May 20, 2014 9:49:18 PM c.e b
INFO: Sending message 7 to /95.85.46.177
INFO: Sending message 7 to /193.242.149.63
INFO: Sending message 7 to /146.185.141.232
INFO: Sending message 7 to /64.50.167.201
INFO: Sending message 7 to /148.251.77.99
May 20, 2014 9:49:19 PM c.e run
INFO: received message 7 from /148.251.77.99
INFO: received message 7 from /193.242.149.6
INFO: received message 7 from /146.185.141.2
INFO: received message 7 from /95.85.46.177
May 20, 2014 9:53:25 PM d.a getTime
INFO: Adjusting time with 3705 milliseconds.
May 20, 2014 10:03:25 PM d.a getTime
INFO: Adjusting time with 3749 milliseconds.
May 20, 2014 10:13:25 PM d.a getTime
INFO: Adjusting time with 3791 milliseconds.
May 20, 2014 10:23:26 PM d.a getTime
INFO: Adjusting time with 3832 milliseconds.
Okay!  Sorry cant really think when I'm hungry.

Now back to business --

We need to talk about the committee application procedure...  We need someone to handle the application and verification process.  Will ReRod or Dzarmush like to do the honor?

Here are the steps that needed to be performed -

1. An application needed to be sent in via PM.

2. Qora asset must be verified.

3. After application has been received, and qualifications have been reviewed by the person in charge, the name will be added to spreadsheet

===================================

I agree with gorillajam that we should hire a pro.

2. Salsacz was chosen for Nxt. I think if he's good for Nxt then he or someone like him is good for Qora. But we'll vote on this matter I guess.

We should pay a professional internet marketer, viral ads, news articles in the right place etc.

I can do since I have the spreadsheet on my side to add and delete as I go. Smiley
Also, I have become MOD over @ the Qora club. I will bounce from one to another.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Guys, r we at block 1186, generated by QUzxpadKLq1Wyg7GWz3FV2CUVFTN5PeE9p?
Activity: 70
Okay!  Sorry cant really think when I'm hungry.

Now back to business --

We need to talk about the committee application procedure...  We need someone to handle the application and verification process.  Will ReRod or Dzarmush like to do the honor?

Here are the steps that needed to be performed -

1. An application needed to be sent in via PM.

2. Qora asset must be verified.

3. After application has been received, and qualifications have been reviewed by the person in charge, the name will be added to spreadsheet

===================================

I agree with gorillajam that we should hire a pro.

Activity: 98
win

I have something important to say.  I'm very hungry and I really wanna get a slice of pizza from the fridge.

May I be excused so I can go get my pizza??  I promise I will come back in 10 minutes (just need to heat it in the microwave)

BRB

You are excused Smiley

Check it when you back!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1troEFW_nllAv4Sy6shNcPXYPjpBfL-f7zKK-syx8_pM/edit?usp=sharing
legendary
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

That's good, I will vote dzarmush if he wants to join.

Another question:

Is there anyone creating  a block explorer??
I have something important to say.  I'm very hungry and I really wanna get a slice of pizza from the fridge.

May I be excused so I can go get my pizza??  I promise I will come back in 10 minutes (just need to heat it in the microwave)

BRB
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I am at block 1185, should be right.
I did a transaction 46 minutes ago. I can find the transaction in "Transactions" menu, but with 0 confirmation.
Is this transaction failed?
Okay, I would like to nominate the following persons to the positions --

1. Treasurer & Honorary Committee Advisor = TwinWindNerD
2. Committee Record Keeper = ReRunRod

Thank you Smiley
Hi guys,

This is my first draft for your review.  Please tell me what you think.

Here is my first draft for your review --

A. Membership Guideline:

In order to be considered a member of Qora Marketing Committee (name pending), one of the two criteria must be met:

1. Any investor who has an asset of over 50 million and pledge at least 1 million Qora is eligible to join the committee.  

2. For people who do not meet the first requirement but wish to join, they may pledge their time in substitution of aforementioned asset requirement. The potential candidate must agree to be an active participant of the committee and the Qora community, and must agree to contribute at least 20 hours of their time (weekly basis) toward promotion and development of Qora community.

B. Bylaws regarding committee membership status and committee structure --

1. Membership must be reviewed and renewed on a 6-months basis.  Current members who no longer meet the conditions stated in the membership guideline or failed to provide proof of qora asset will be dropped from the committee without further notice.

2. Each member of the committee has one vote, and each vote carries the same weight.  However, the chairman of the committee will have the veto power, in such case, the proposal will be reviewed and revised before being submitted for committee voting again.

3. Election will be held every 6 months to fill committee positions.  Only current members of the committees are eligible to vote and be elected for positions within the committee.

4. Any revision to the bylaws of qora committee must be approved by the majority of committee members.

5. In case of conflict, the issue will be put to a vote.  Every decision/agenda must have the approval of majority of committee members.

C. Description of Committee structure --

1. The head of the committee is the chairman, and is elected by members from a list of eligible candidates. The chairman is responsible for setting agendas and coordinating with other members of the committees (marketing, treasury, community development).

2. Treasurer -- responsible for handling committee accounts. Sending and receiving funds.  Keeping records of donations and expenditures.

3. Market Director -- this person will serve as liaison between the qora community and the media.  This person will attend conventions, help increase public awareness of qora project.

4. Record Keeper -- the person will record motions that have been passed in a meeting...

5. Community organizer -- maintaining social networking feed and work with promotional teams to promote qora in all venues.

Beautiful. I will add to the rough draft now!
Okay, I would like to nominate the following persons to the positions --

1. Treasurer & Honorary Committee Advisor = TwinWindNerD
2. Committee Record Keeper = ReRunRod

Keep in mind it's pending  Smiley We still have to put a committee together and let the members vote.

I just think they'll be perfect for those roles.
legendary
Hi guys,

A. Membership Guideline:

In order to be considered a member of Qora Marketing Committee (name pending), one of the two criteria must be met:

1. Any investor who has an asset of over 50 million and pledge at least 1 million Qora is eligible to join the committee.  

2. For people who do not meet the first requirement but wish to join, they may pledge their time in substitution of aforementioned asset requirement. The potential candidate must agree to be an active participant of the committee and the Qora community, and must agree to contribute at least 20 hours of their time (weekly basis) toward promotion and development of Qora community.

1. Membership must be reviewed and renewed on a 6-months basis.  Current members who no longer meet the conditions stated in the membership guideline or failed to provide proof of qora asset will be dropped from the committee without further notice.

2. Each member of the committee has one vote, and each vote carries the same weight.  However, the chairman of the committee will have the veto power, in such case, the proposal will be reviewed and revised before being submitted for committee voting again.

3. Election will be held every 6 months to fill committee positions.  Only current members of the committees are eligible to vote and be elected for positions within the committee.

4. Any revision to the bylaws of qora committee must be approved by the majority of committee members.

5. In case of conflict, the issue will be put to a vote.  Every decision/agenda must have the approval of majority of committee members.

1. The head of the committee is the chairman, and is elected by members from a list of eligible candidates. The chairman is responsible for setting agendas and coordinating with other members of the committees (marketing, treasury, community development).

2. Treasurer -- responsible for handling committee accounts. Sending and receiving funds.  Keeping records of donations and expenditures.

3. Market Director -- this person will serve as liaison between the qora community and the media.  This person will attend conventions, help increase public awareness of qora project.

4. Record Keeper -- the person will record motions that have been passed in a meeting...

5. Community organizer -- maintaining social networking feed and work with promotional teams to promote qora in all venues.

Looks good. Now let's pray we can find those people Smiley
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
Hi guys,

This is my first draft for your review.  Please tell me what you think.

A. Membership Guideline:

committee, count me in
Hi guys,

A. Membership Guideline:

Activity: 151
I've decided to start a Qora clone working party. If anyone is interested - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6845330

If your mommy was Qora, and your daddy was NEM, (and your nanny was Doge) you would be ..... [come and help fill in the blank]

My goal is a to form a plan for free, equal shares to 3000+ stakeholders, learning from past crypto history.

Full sockpuppet countermeasures will be used - 1 stake for 1 human.

Lots to do, but if we start now we'll have a list of over 3000 stakeholders ready to go when the qora source is released. That's the mission directive!

This is a call to action - if you think Qora looks like the real deal, but the distribution concerns you, and you're worried about investing, come on over!

Eventually someone will assemble tech Yin, with distribution Yang, and that coin will blossom! Qora MK 2 CAN be that coin!

It might be NEM, or it might be Qora MK 2. I hope it's both Smiley

I am not the leader of Qora MK 2, just floating the idea, and I will not be involved with any IPO!

Learn from the past:
1- people/community comes first - growing a HUGE committed user base is essential
2- free coins, developer shares, implement procedures for sockpuppet countermeasure BEFORE you start (that's what the working party is for)
3- small IPO numbers that create whales are a turn off to new investors

If my call to action succeeds I will gladly hand over to ANYONE who is willing to fulfil the roll of UtopianQora!

I know I am not worthy of this roll, but I hope my call to action WILL find him/her!

edit: I will make only this post in the Qora MK 1 thread out of respect for the Qora dev
We can disccus there http://qora.club/category/2/general-discussion

Some blogs should be there http://qora.club/category/4/blogs

I think to talk in the qora.club is faster and easier. Now I need your support.

I think for now this thread is perfect for communitcation. This way the topic stays ontop and gets lots of attention of this forum part!

I agree. Let's overcome Nxt thread )

YES, I know.
But at the same time, we can also built the site own qora.

Started a topic "Main Committee (Progress @ work)"

Smiley
Jump to: