Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 384. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
With 0 coins. I'll be the news spreader. I'll keep my sig open for links Smiley

yeah, maybe you should fix your address in your sig, if you want donations to reach you!

Should I space it out from the period? Thanks for the heads up good sir Smiley

Qora addresses start with a Q. For starters

Thank you for the heads up! I have no idea where that # came from ??
Must have been when I was making a hyperlink Tongue
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I must be a donkey but is forging the same as POS?

Also at what rate should it forge at? Does the wallet need to open/unlocked? How do i forge?

Forging is like POS but without intrest. You can only get the transaction fees in the blocks you find.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I must be a donkey but is forging the same as POS?

Also at what rate should it forge at? Does the wallet need to open/unlocked? How do i forge?
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

yeah, maybe you should fix your address in your sig, if you want donations to reach you!

Qora addresses start with a Q. For starters

EDIT: Done! Thank you again Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

1. I'm ok with 50M
2. Salsacz was chosen for Nxt. I think if he's good for Nxt then he or someone like him is good for Qora. But we'll vote on this matter I guess.
3. Lots of people will pledge. Let's keep it as simple as possible atm. If we get huge fund we'll need someone trusted to hold it. Don't want to overcomplicate everything right from the start.
4. I think 5-7 people could make a decision without a voting system.
5. Too complicated. Not necessary by now.

All we need is 5 people committee, 1 person head of it and a small fund to begin with (already have it).

Okay, I'm in. So anyone with over 50M is eligible to join the committee.  Grin  Do we need a mandatory amount for donation/pledge?

Also, do you agree with this guideline:

1. Start a committee application process, only investors who have met certain criteria (threshold) are eligible to apply and join. Publish the names of committee members in a spreadsheet. Before that happens, we need to set up guidelines for the eligibility of committee members and decide rules for votes allocation.

2. Set up a secure voting system and allocate votes to committee members.

3. Gather all the resources in one place (IRC chatroom, forum/message board, mailing system).  So the members will be able to hold meetings/gathering, and important issues can be discussed and put to a vote.

4. Elect officials to the committee.

5. Assign people to various positions - community organizer, treasurer, marketing director.. etc

6. Regular meeting will be held so marketing agenda can be discussed, and a roadmap will be formulated.

=========================

I think we're currently at step 1. We need to gather a list of member candidates and amount pledged.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

ShareX will no doubt be on the list to adopt Qora into the exchange. A link to the x is on my sig.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
I can join commitee and work as treasurer. (have 90M)
legendary
Activity: 1806
1. Okay, we skip dev fund. We simply focus on marketing and community development at the moment. I agree that we should not include only the initial stakeholders.  However, in order to be a member of committee, the person should probably hold a certain amount of qora? Only investors who have crossed the threshold will be eligible to join the committee? (Let's say 50 million qora)?
2. The person should definitely be a pro, and he will serve as the spokesperson or even the face of qora. This person will probably need to represent qora and attend conventions/conferences at some point. I dont know much abouot salsacz. But do you think he is a good fit?
3. I can pledge 2M also. More members should chip in (In fact, I think every committee member should chip in and donate to the funds).
4. As a starting step, we should have a secure voting system set up. So everything can be put to a vote, and a motion has to be approved by the majority of committee members before being adopted. Agree?
5. We should have bylaws for the governing body.  It will help define the structure and various positions of the governing body (what the responsibility of each position is, who's reporting to whom.. an so forth).  We need to get super organized from very beginning so there will be no conflict later (think of blackcoin's failure).

1. I'm ok with 50M
2. Salsacz was chosen for Nxt. I think if he's good for Nxt then he or someone like him is good for Qora. But we'll vote on this matter I guess.
3. Lots of people will pledge. Let's keep it as simple as possible atm. If we get huge fund we'll need someone trusted to hold it. Don't want to overcomplicate everything right from the start.
4. I think 5-7 people could make a decision without a voting system.
5. Too complicated. Not necessary by now.

All we need is 5 people committee, 1 person head of it and a small fund to begin with (already have it).
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
The servers seem to be running fine now (24+ hours).
I am aware of most issues and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.

Hey qora.

The top address has 400 million Qora. There are about 800 M qora forging. It forges often 5 blocks in a row. It is forging roughly 50-60% of the blocks.
I have 90 M qora in my address and should get therefore about 12% of all blocks. Still I have only forged 1 block of ~400 that I have those 90 M qora. This is statistically impossible.

So either my client is broken (seems fine though) or something else is off..
+ 1 exactly same thing top address has less than 4x more generating balance than I do however he forges more than 100x I do
I forge nxt just fine

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that. I see blocks with 100 fee forged and wonder where my share of that is, even though I have so many qora Sad
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Ok finally the wallet is working, but why do I have 10 Qora adresses in my wallet? can somebody explain me this?

Each seed can generate unlimited addresses. They just don't show all. 10 is default.

I only want one address and one only Smiley

That is easy. Delete EVERYTHING. (make sure you have your seed backuped!)

Then redownload v5 and click "recover seed" then there is a box where you can decide how much addresses to recover. Put a "1" in there.

THere you go Wink
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Guys i used my seed to recover the wallet but the wallet address with my coins in it is not restored.

I deleted it and restored again but chose 20 addresses and it is not there either hmmm
check if you downloaded the whole blockchain
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Ok finally the wallet is working, but why do I have 10 Qora adresses in my wallet? can somebody explain me this?

Each seed can generate unlimited addresses. They just don't show all. 10 is default.

So which one do I have to send to the dev to claim my stake? The upper one?

Is the upper one also the one that you see when you want to send qora to other?

bit confusing.

thanks
Can anyone send me 1 QORA to verify that my account is working?

I only want one address and one only Smiley
Just click New Account until it appears.

I don't show a address for my coin at all.. I hit NEW ACCOUNT and this is what CMD comes up with..

Restart the client and delete the data folder if you have to...  choosing to restore more than 10 addresses doesn't necessarily mean the one holding QORA will be included...  I restore the default 10 and then I click on New Account until it appears.

Will give it a go! Thanks

Had to delete my Data folder and Wallet. Then recovered the wallet and now all set! Smiley
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Here are the steps I think we should take --

1. Start a committee application process, only investors who have met certain criteria (threshold) are eligible to apply and join. Publish the names of committee members in a spreadsheet. Before that happens, we need to set up guidelines for the eligibility of committee members and decide rules for votes allocation.

2. Set up a secure voting system and allocate votes to committee members.

3. Gather all the resources in one place (IRC chatroom, forum/message board, mailing system).  So the members will be able to hold meetings/gathering, and important issues can be discussed and put to a vote.

4. Elect officials to the committee.

5. Assign people to various positions - community organizer, treasurer, marketing director.. etc

6. Regular meeting will be held so marketing agenda can be discussed, and a roadmap will be formulated.

PS: Sorry I need to leave my pc.. will be back later.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
The servers seem to be running fine now (24+ hours).
I am aware of most issues and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Also having all your Qora in one address does not increase the chance of generating a block.

Hey qora.

The top address has 400 million Qora. There are about 800 M qora forging. It forges often 5 blocks in a row. It is forging roughly 50-60% of the blocks.
I have 90 M qora in my address and should get therefore about 12% of all blocks. Still I have only forged 1 block of ~400 that I have those 90 M qora. This is statistically impossible.

So either my client is broken (seems fine though) or something else is off..
Jump to: