Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 42. (Read 748227 times)

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Oke here is how I see the future.

Initially it was never the goal to become a feature pumping machine.
The initial goal for this project was to try and simplify features, Looking for ways to improve them and see if they could be combined somehow.
We have features now so there is no point in pushing more features until the available ones find a use.

The main development focus will now be to make the client stable and getting more use out of the existing features.
The new wallet will be part of the goal of making Qora and its features more accessable.

To go open source this project needs to get a proper identity first. This means atleast the following things need to be done before we can go open source.

• Rework this topic (update the information, self-moderate it to prevent the spam).
  • Recreate the website (correct information, blog, forum).
  • Better communication through the blog, forum, etc
  • Create better documentation on how to use the client.
  • Setting up a proper issue tracker with guidelines.
  • Fixing the issues people are having.
  • Maybe a new logo.

I am already working on these things so don't expect them to take very long.
Some parts of the source might be hidden first. If this creates a larger interest and community the missing parts will become available immediatly.

Thank you for the clear post and, +1!  My offer still stands-- if you would like to have a second pair of eyes, or a second-dev that can act ad a sounding board, please PM me.

A simplified crypto is something I've been waiting for and I'm glad to hear that was part of your initial purpose for Qora.

Good job and I just want to be sure I'm offering what I can to help establish this coin.  I'm here to support and not to tear down you, the project or anyone else.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Oke here is how I see the future.

Initially it was never the goal to become a feature pumping machine.
The initial goal for this project was to try and simplify features, Looking for ways to improve them and see if they could be combined somehow.
We have features now so there is no point in pushing more features until the available ones find a use.

The main development focus will now be to make the client stable and getting more use out of the existing features.
The new wallet will be part of the goal of making Qora and its features more accessable.

To go open source this project needs to get a proper identity first. This means atleast the following things need to be done before we can go open source.

• Rework this topic (update the information, self-moderate it to prevent the spam).
  • Recreate the website (correct information, blog, forum).
  • Better communication through the blog, forum, etc
  • Create better documentation on how to use the client.
  • Setting up a proper issue tracker with guidelines.
  • Fixing the issues people are having.
  • Maybe a new logo.

I am already working on these things so don't expect them to take very long.
Some parts of the source might be hidden first. If this creates a larger interest and community the missing parts will become available immediatly.
rlh
Please note, I edited my last sentence on my lady post.  (I only have access to BTT on a cell during the day.  Small typo, with big implication. Wink )

Anyway, all I'm trying to state is that if we want this to take off, then yes, Qora needs help.  At a minimum, he needs a trusted, second pair of eyes or a person with a technical background that can test the hell out of a major update before a release.

I'd be willing to be that guy, briefly, until others come along to support the coin.  I'll be honest, I'm a busy person and my spare time is precious.  Crypto is a secondary hobby for me, so it doesn't get a lot of time.  Still, I'm willing to help where I can.

I know my thoughts seem a little scattered today, but after having to work through my own Bter issues (which aren't resolved, btw) I just see the need that this coin needs more support than one dev and a bunch of cheerleaders. (Nothing wrong with either.  (I'm just saying, if we want to grow, then growth needs to be supported.)

I'm not complaining, I guess.  I'm more throwing my name in the proverbial "willing to help" hat.

Qora, if you read this, and are interested in a second dev, PM me.  By trade I am a C/C# dev (and I can send you my resume.) I've never coded in Java but I can get around in it.
Activity: 168
 It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are "simple" projects.

Struggling to see what mistakes Qora as a developer has done. yeah I think Qora needs to be open source but Qora the developer has achieved more than NXT did, quicker than NXT and with less mishaps than NXT including zero stolen coins so far. NXT took a long time and lots of people to get where it is now.

Plus you are missing that Botcoin and NXT were both the work of one man. Yeah others have refined it but the ideas came from one guy. Qora is actually following the tradition of the best developers.

I want OS as much as anyone but people who suggest Qora is some science project are wrong.

biggest mistake that he havent made a developer team

How much of that is perception and how much is reality?

Like I said Qora has done as well as a competent team so maybe some of what people are talking about are perceptions.

I think after NXT had a big team of developers working in it and also NEM am has a lot of people involved that equals quality in the minds of people.

Qora has a single vision for Qora, we can't judge it till it's open source and finished. 
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
 It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are "simple" projects.

Struggling to see what mistakes Qora as a developer has done. yeah I think Qora needs to be open source but Qora the developer has achieved more than NXT did, quicker than NXT and with less mishaps than NXT including zero stolen coins so far. NXT took a long time and lots of people to get where it is now.

Plus you are missing that Botcoin and NXT were both the work of one man. Yeah others have refined it but the ideas came from one guy. Qora is actually following the tradition of the best developers.

I want OS as much as anyone but people who suggest Qora is some science project are wrong.

biggest mistake that he havent made a developer team
Activity: 168

rlh

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are aren't "simple" projects.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
amazing job, as usual...it only seems that shares sold on AE are not deducted from the account.
QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz holds 49735 qout Wink 55 sold on AE
Assets are written off when creating an order.
Activity: 502
or at least we need a developer team of at least a few people to regain some trust
Yes, right now Qora seems to be just 2nd gen experiment. In that case is overpriced.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
open sourece will coming.

it is the best important thing.
qora will have a good future
or at least we need a developer team of at least a few people ,to regain some trust
The biggest qora problem that is 1 man project ,if he dies (by accident like a car hit) doesnt matter how trustworthy he is , its a finish .Only hope is open source.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

rlh
I read through some of the thread and quite a bit of the chat logs, I have one big question. If Qora is completely trustworthy and honest, which he seems to be but also people believe he is, even refunding people for their recent loses. I don't get the speculation that he was BCNext the creator of NXT. What I don't understand is he knew people thought he was and he never denied it at all. If someone said I was someone else I wasn't I would quickly say and would feel like I'm lying by not denying it. So the question is Qora a bit sly and lying or is he BCNext?

I imagine one word from him hinting he was BCNext would send this coin into space. It makes some sense possibly as a more developed NXT base code. Or if he is not clearing up the wrong fact then he is not as honest as people think?

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

Tell me with a straight face that IF everyone knew Qora was BCNext it wouldn't change anything? It's would be massive, loads of NXT developers would run to Qora, NXT would half in value overnight and Qora would increase in price multiples of times. I'm not debating if this is 'important' but it would change things. reading the thread it seemed lots of people really thought he was him and then it got forgotten. I still think it's dishonest cause I read once he recognised the claim (I'll find if if you give me some time) and he just said nothing and laughed it off with a wink icon!, I would deny being someone else if the direct question was asked to me.

I disagree, but only because I've been around a while.  Yes, if it was factually proven that this was BCNext, it would have an affect in the coins price, and people would read up a little on the project.  Regardless, this would have no bearing on what this coin is capable of, nor would I suspect any lasting effect on the coin or community.

Also, if Qora is a crypto old timer, much like myself, then he has probably learned the one basic rule of BTT-- don't feed the trolls.  The easiest way to do that is to keep your mouth shut and speak simply, and quickly when you have something to say.  Anything else is just fodder for trolls, whether they have "good intensions" or not.

If I were in his/her shoes (which I'm not cause I'm neither Qora or BCNext) I'd almost certainly behave exactly as he is.  Why, because I wouldn't care and I'd also know that whether I'd deny or except the accusation would have no bearing on my project, had I chosen to remain anonymous from it's beginning.

The claim was (and is) nothing more than wild speculation.  Nothing more.
Activity: 7
I read through some of the thread and quite a bit of the chat logs, I have one big question. If Qora is completely trustworthy and honest, which he seems to be but also people believe he is, even refunding people for their recent loses. I don't get the speculation that he was BCNext the creator of NXT. What I don't understand is he knew people thought he was and he never denied it at all. If someone said I was someone else I wasn't I would quickly say and would feel like I'm lying by not denying it. So the question is Qora a bit sly and lying or is he BCNext?

I imagine one word from him hinting he was BCNext would send this coin into space. It makes some sense possibly as a more developed NXT base code. Or if he is not clearing up the wrong fact then he is not as honest as people think?

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

Tell me with a straight face that IF everyone knew Qora was BCNext it wouldn't change anything? It's would be massive, loads of NXT developers would run to Qora, NXT would half in value overnight and Qora would increase in price multiples of times. I'm not debating if this is 'important' but it would change things. reading the thread it seemed lots of people really thought he was him and then it got forgotten. I still think it's dishonest cause I read once he recognised the claim (I'll find if if you give me some time) and he just said nothing and laughed it off with a wink icon!, I would deny being someone else if the direct question was asked to me.
rlh

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.
Activity: 7

Activity: 715
...(it will be for a long time if not always if this is how it rolls)...

Good...   GO FUCKIN' FORGE if you want your QORA to have value...   Roll Eyes

Like I said a few days ago, and even twice, most Qora investors only look on Qora as a backup of NXT. If something bad happens to NXT, it won't take a long time to set up nodes, hundreds of them and take over from there to replace NXT. But why bother if NXT fares well? Many people think the same, but I guess I am the only one who speaks it. Do what you want with this information Smiley

I doubt people will automatically move from Nxt to Qora if Nxt fails.  Personally, I will be moving to something open source before ever considering Qora.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
the new wallet released Huh
Activity: 502
Now explorer show balance with regard to assets.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz

Now explorer can show all transactions of account without generated blocks. (idea: renat0)

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4&genblock=0

Let me remind you that you can watch the balances and transactions of several addresses by entering them separated by commas.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz,QgDBz4HkZ1WmtkL5MkD2yoFFLwnjLJwkru,QdrhixdevE7ZJqSHAfV19yVYrYsys8VLgz

Top100 not yet considers assets, but it will be fixed.
amazing job, as usual...it only seems that shares sold on AE are not deducted from the account.
QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz holds 49735 qout Wink 55 sold on AE
Pages:
Jump to: