Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 466. (Read 748234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I personally would like to see something a bit different for the Logo. Do we have to have a circle? Why not a square or something else?

I think we don't need all the word Qora in the logo, just the Q maybe or no letter at all.

In some ways you got to decide what is the overarching idea of Qora before you produce a logo or image. Twitter has a bird, napster has a head with headphones etc. Cause Qora doesnt really have meaning, maybe even changing the name is an option?
I think we should change the name of this coin.

I loved the name right from the start. I think it's awesome and the name was one of the reasons I didn't believe Qora ran away with investments. Scamcoins always have shitty names.

But if you have any ideas, please share with everyone.

The develper said the name could change but I think the name is good, but lacks any meaning possibly.

I actually think the name itself has a really nice look and sound to it. Qora is a nice short word to make a nice logo and Q is also a great letter to make a logo in my opinion.

I guess its meaning as 'fence' could be pulled out in the logo...The idea of a safe coin etc..

Just a thought. everyone I assume is pronouncing it  'Kora'  and not 'Kwwora' which would be horrible, hehe.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Atleast one scammer reappeared. This should be a good marketing point for this coin
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Have a look at StorageCoin, please. I would call that innovative. But Qora? Where is the innovation?

Can you link the StoageCoin thread? As the one I found (and posted on) screams of 'scam'. Most notably, escrow is flatly refused.

Also I spoke with one of Nxt devs and he said he can't see how his algo may work.

Well, I am not certain as well whether this particular algo may work out or not.  Especially the usage of parallel blockchains seems unnecessary to me.  "Storee" and "Storer" may not transfer the complete storage over the blockchain.  Just exchanging proofs would suffice.  If so, only one additional blockchain if at all would suffice.

Anyway and to conclude this discussion for me:  I was referring to the initial idea Proof of Storage.  Of course, for investing more than time to review his project (i.e. money), I need certain key aspects of the protocol, implementation, infrastructure etc. clarified.
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Have a look at StorageCoin, please. I would call that innovative. But Qora? Where is the innovation?

Can you link the StoageCoin thread? As the one I found (and posted on) screams of 'scam'. Most notably, escrow is flatly refused.

I think I refer to this one here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annipostoragecoin-a-nxt-parallel-chain-based-proof-of-storage-cryptocurrency-571925

There is also an old, locked thread and there was a first thread using Nxt which has been deleted for whatever reason.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
dzarmush,
I've send you some Qora for test

Now it won't synchronize (
legendary
maybe even changing the name is an option?

Any thoughts?
legendary
I personally would like to see something a bit different for the Logo. Do we have to have a circle? Why not a square or something else?

I think we don't need all the word Qora in the logo, just the Q maybe or no letter at all.

In some ways you got to decide what is the overarching idea of Qora before you produce a logo or image. Twitter has a bird, napster has a head with headphones etc. Cause Qora doesnt really have meaning, maybe even changing the name is an option?

I loved the name right from the start. I think it's awesome and the name was one of the reasons I didn't believe Qora ran away with investments. Scamcoins always have shitty names.

But if you have any ideas, please share with everyone.
Activity: 422

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1344
dzarmush,
I've send you some Qora for test
I like 1-st and 4-th logo

Qora,
when I send coins to the same address (mine), from where they will go out (mine sender address == mine recipient address) they disappear. So I can't make loop transaction.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I love these icons,may be use letter "R"  or "A" or "a" to instead of the circle point of the icon "Q" might be better,you can try it.thanks for your great job.

I like last one
legendary

Also I spoke with one of Nxt devs and he said he can't see how his algo may work.
Activity: 910
I like the third one. But the third is more casual.

p.s. But all options are good.
Activity: 378

legendary

I love these icons,may be use letter "R"  or "A" or "a" to instead of the circle point of the icon "Q" might be better,you can try it.thanks for your great job.

Thanks!

Wouldn't it be Qor or Qoa if I put "R" or "A" instead of circle?
Activity: 334
A couple of options.

Clearly there is a battle for dominance in this market. The underlying system does have an influence on what people perceive is the best system even if its told to them by experts. People don't really understand how Bitcoin works but after 5 mins they can see people can see their transactions so they arent anonomous and they must wait a few minutes before they can send safely Bitcoin. NXT transfers in an instant, as does Ripple, innovation is coming as new protocols are coded.

But if you think the battle for dominant system that the masses might be using in 10 years time is as its already decided? I would love to know what you think it is?

Why not go out into the street and ask the first person you see and ask them if they are using Bitcoin or NXT for their digital transactions. Like I said its an open field, we don't know what protocol or network the average person will be using years from now...if any.

Exactly, that is why I ask why I should support his particular one here? It adds nothing new to the protocol and network part of cryptocurrencies. At least, nobody could tell me one thing until now. So, I would like to see my resources invested in hardening and refining existing protocols and networks until somebody has a unique idea that is unable to be implemented in Nxt or Bitcoin.

That was all of my personal investment. You asked about my opinion whether that battle you described is settled:

I cannot forecast the future. However, I conceive real PoS (in the sense of Nxt, not in the sense of PPC or NVC) is the biggest leap forward for the cryptocurrency community. Everything new has to offer even more benefits and that is going to be real challenge in my opinion. With real PoS, we removed one big if not the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin: wasting energy unnecessarily.

What is next? StorageCoin could be such thing as it offers real benefits (still on the infrastructure level), but they deliberately rely on Nxt for the consensus mechanism.

What about those neat features in Nxt (Asset Exchange, Voting System, Monetary System, Lending/Borrowing, to name a few)? That is because of the Nxt community. It has nothing to do with the technology as such. Compared to Bitcoin, the Nxt community is more flexible and more open. Nobody can tell whether the Nxt community will be as conservative as Bitcoin's is today. Right now, Nxt is the place where innovation is happening ON TOP of it. We simply do not need yet another blockchain to implement our ideas because Nxt allows it out of the box.

Your point is a good one...why reinvent the wheel when secure platforms exist (except to make money...which is ok...but does not always happen). One development example on an existing platform is NeXT Horizon (NHZ). NHZ is a very cool up-and-coming coin to watch...POS with distribution similar to "mining" having automated payouts on their server bounty system (SBS) for securing the network...yes incentive for securing the p2p network on POS coin...great idea. It is currently a level entry playing field for all...the ledger is public and all coins accounted for.

NHZ is still in early development but because the devs use the NXT platform, they spend time and energy to improve on NXT and to create new tools that are in demand rather than starting from scratch...which can take years to establish. The NHZ community is still small...resources coming along and devs are quite good: clearly a few were involved in the development of NXT and know its flaws and vulnerabilities.

The devs created a very cool NHZ give-away (digital easter egg hunt) on the blockchain where you receive free coins by finding hidden eggs that are on pages of the blockchain - very cool and innovative. Check it out:

http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=easterEgg

Happy Easter.

(I've invested 1 BTC in Qora IPO - re-thinking after this discussion - thanks to Anon)

EDIT: I'm not bashing Qora - it could work out. But the discussion is one to consider
666nhz one day. It is too small.
legendary
I would take any one of those logos for the coin. Did you use a website or did you make them from scratch? 

Made from scratch. Swear on cryptobible.
legendary
A couple of options.

I would take any one of those logos for the coin. Did you use a website or did you make them from scratch? 
Jump to: