Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 5. (Read 748197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Awesome, great answer.

So just by looking at this you can be 100% sure that it is original code!
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Question, when looking at obfuscated code, what exactly are you able to see? Can you extract the whole sourcecode from that?

Of course, but instead of seeing code that looks like:

public class Assets
{
    private int WellDescribedVariable;
    public bool WalletManagesAssets()
    {
    }
}

You see something illegible like:

public class a
{
    private int b;
    public bool c()
    {
    }
}

This is because qora passes the code through a process called an obfuscator, before compiling.

Java (like .Net) is a framework, not a bytewise compiler.  Code is basically converted to some form of intermediate code that is easily converted to bytecode by the end-users Java Runtime.  You can decompile these intermediate objects and view the (near) full source if you don't obfuscate the code.

Qora, and many others, do this to protect their code.  Still, this isn't bullet proof, but it does dramatically raise the barrier for someone to easily fork your work and build something "new" (ahem, a clone coin) from it.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Question, when looking at obfuscated code, what exactly are you able to see? Can you extract the whole sourcecode from that?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Crap, I set my buy order to low.  I am hoping to get a 1% safety net before I release, but I think I can do without.  I have time so I may move my funds back to Nxt (taking 7% profit!) Which I can use in the future, but who knows if Nxt is near it's bottom.  I might just hold my BTC.

FYI, I inspected the QORA code and Qora was telling the truth (not that I doubted,) there is no API implemented in the code for the AE so this isn't a problem of lack of documentation.  If I actually finish this project and Qora hasn't updated the client API, I might decompile the app to source, annotate the ofuscated code around what manages the AE GUI and API and see if I can hack together my own client/API.

Again, I'm not a Java dev (c# guy...) but I think I could do it so long as it's easy to recompile the decompiled source.  To be sure, I'm a ways off from being finished with this project.  I keep thinking of more ways to improve the service for both myself and for future-users and that compounds requirements.

Also, I am going to continue to stay mostly silent because I don't want to instigate a pump that could easily deflate if it takes me a long time to release my work.  I, too, am a weekend coder and sometimes there are delays.  However, once I feel that my work is 60-70% complete and that I've done enough work that it would be tough for a competitor to catch up, then I may make a pre-ann to all boards that this applies too.  The good news is I'm not going to need an IPO or any form of fund raising.  I think this service can be self-sustaining from the revenue it receives from day #1.

Good to know that you inspected the code!!! I never had doubts about qora  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I am very happy with the news!
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
nice price recovery, hodl strong!
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Crap, I set my buy order to low.  I am hoping to get a 1% safety net before I release, but I think I can do without.  I have time so I may move my funds back to Nxt (taking 7% profit!) Which I can use in the future, but who knows if Nxt is near it's bottom.  I might just hold my BTC.

FYI, I inspected the QORA code and Qora was telling the truth (not that I doubted,) there is no API implemented in the code for the AE so this isn't a problem of lack of documentation.  If I actually finish this project and Qora hasn't updated the client API, I might decompile the app to source, annotate the ofuscated code around what manages the AE GUI and API and see if I can hack together my own client/API.

Again, I'm not a Java dev (c# guy...) but I think I could do it so long as it's easy to recompile the decompiled source.  To be sure, I'm a ways off from being finished with this project.  I keep thinking of more ways to improve the service for both myself and for future-users and that compounds requirements.

Also, I am going to continue to stay mostly silent because I don't want to instigate a pump that could easily deflate if it takes me a long time to release my work.  I, too, am a weekend coder and sometimes there are delays.  However, once I feel that my work is 60-70% complete and that I've done enough work that it would be tough for a competitor to catch up, then I may make a pre-ann to all boards that this applies too.  The good news is I'm not going to need an IPO or any form of fund raising.  I think this service can be self-sustaining from the revenue it receives from day #1.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
the most important things is when dev can get ready for
1: new website
2: new thread
3: new ui wallet
4: ---------------------------------------open source code

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
why the price rises again from 4 to 11?
any news from qora?

Because price manipulation temporary stopped or maybe just started!
Who knows. Huh

The price manipulation is what drove it down to unrealistic levels.  If anything, it's on its way to returning to normal now.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
any news from qora?

Because price manipulation temporary stopped or maybe just started!
Who knows. Huh
legendary
Activity: 1057
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
any news from qora?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
A moderated Qora thread can't come soon enough.
legendary
Activity: 1036
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
Here is another reminder of the form that I have created in order to establish a team around Qora who will manage things around Qora.
If you want to contribute to Qora and be a member of Qora team fill this form if you haven't done already.

As I have said this team will take care a lot of things regarding Qora so if you can contribute please fill that form!
We have take over Qora's Twitter account and Facebook account as well, so a social media manager is needed.
Also this team will try to moderate this thread, so a moderator / community manager is needed in order to achieve that.
Another thing that this team will try to do is development around Qora, things such website, bug portal etc. or even services on top of Qora, so developers are needed as well.

Qora is fully aware of this action and supports the idea of an established team dedicated to Qora.

But if you don't want to participate then you can stop by and tell us your opinion about Qora!

You lot seem so amateurish. First you Open Source and then developers either flock to your coin or they don't. Why don't people here know the basics? There has been an attempt to make a roadmap before, it's pointless. You even have a guy here wanting to devlop onto top of Qora and the dEveloper doesn't even bother to give Him the api. Fuck you guys you dont deserve a community cause you have acted against every principle of what makes a community in crypto. You only have yourself to blame for fucking yourself in the ass so hard.

6 months on your devloper is sitting on his own like some fucking autistic socially incompetent Rain Man while you have a bunch of fucking idiots who act like they are a bunch of newbie retards calling the shots. Its the fuck ups of all fuck ups when it comes to taking a decent coin and flushing it down the toilet.

What's you next move a logo contest...fuck me.

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Here is another reminder of the form that I have created in order to establish a team around Qora who will manage things around Qora.
If you want to contribute to Qora and be a member of Qora team fill this form if you haven't done already.

As I have said this team will take care a lot of things regarding Qora so if you can contribute please fill that form!
We have take over Qora's Twitter account and Facebook account as well, so a social media manager is needed.
Also this team will try to moderate this thread, so a moderator / community manager is needed in order to achieve that.
Another thing that this team will try to do is development around Qora, things such website, bug portal etc. or even services on top of Qora, so developers are needed as well.

Qora is fully aware of this action and supports the idea of an established team dedicated to Qora.

But if you don't want to participate then you can stop by and tell us your opinion about Qora!

You lot seem so amateurish. First you Open Source and then developers either flock to your coin or they don't. Why don't people here know the basics? There has been an attempt to make a roadmap before, it's pointless. You even have a guy here wanting to devlop onto top of Qora and the dEveloper doesn't even bother to give Him the api. Fuck you guys you dont deserve a community cause you have acted against every principle of what makes a community in crypto. You only have yourself to blame for fucking yourself in the ass so hard.

6 months on your devloper is sitting on his own like some fucking autistic socially incompetent Rain Man while you have a bunch of fucking idiots who act like they are a bunch of newbie retards calling the shots. Its the fuck ups of all fuck ups when it comes to taking a decent coin and flushing it down the toilet.

What's you next move a logo contest...fuck me.
Activity: 715
Really looking forward to that moderated thread, if we ever get one.  It's going to be bliss.  The previous page being a case in point as to why one is needed.  If you can't discuss topics like grown-ups, someone will take away your ability to talk.

Qora is a weekend developer, he will not take the time to moderate this thread.  Plus if Smaragda doesn't post here, the thread activity is pretty much dead.
Activity: 351

Activity: 363
I only managed to sell 39m out of my whole stash. It's been very difficult as other people are also selling.

lulz, nooooooooo, really? 

39M is dropped in a short period and other people got the idea to drop too? Who would've thought that would happen? Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Really looking forward to that moderated thread, if we ever get one.  It's going to be bliss.  The previous page being a case in point as to why one is needed.  If you can't discuss topics like grown-ups, someone will take away your ability to talk.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
Nice selfinflicted Fud-Drama based on some facts just to get some cheap Coins.

You little Devils are going da Hell anyway  Grin

Buy when there is Blood in the Streets...
Well i did exactly that at 3-5 sats.

Cheers
Activity: 715
Why does everyone think I'm a sockpuppet?  I just like watching Smaragda go off the rails, he's so unstable with his font sizing.  Anyway, I sold all my Qora at 12 satoshi, so I'm just here observing. 
Pages:
Jump to: