Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 67. (Read 748229 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Maybe rabbiter is a sockpuppet for qora?  Wink Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I don't understand the open source problem. The only reason why qora isn't top 5 is because it doesn't have a team of marketers behind it

Hi Renat0 did you lose your login password?

Anyway to answer your question. What do you mean by marketing? Every new coin has a Twitter campaign etc it achieves almost nothing. And you wont get onto CNN cause you have a new cyptocurrency.

Marketing these days is more about having an active community building stuff that brings attention to a coin. Hence OS is essential to kick start Qora. I expect Qora the developer to recognise that now.
Activity: 120
I don't understand the open source problem. The only reason why qora isn't top 5 is because it doesn't have a team of marketers behind it
agreed, one good coin also need promotion and marketing team besides the talented dev team.
Activity: 120
Version 15 is now available.

https://mega.co.nz/#!b9BgTSpb!XyKfhrYRt9ZuClLdAYlJF9SETGI1dsVRmhlSxa266o4
MD5: 00ABFB83FBA61E02ABA952FC671CEFB1
SHA-1: D4F8DE12388602950D4E5ACD286874D784C36D32

If you would like to run Qora without the command line window you can use the Qora.exe file.
Place this file in the V14 Qora folder and run it instead of the run.bat. (windows only)
https://mega.co.nz/#!u15wSaaQ!2wqO5EIsaZ3-KcLrmJqdEUHJL-g9mOpRlFvdW3gjV-o
MD5: 1C15D176478EE3D44DDEC69BBB3390A1
SHA-1: 6F62B8F6693D1B1021610C283F554E63446062A2

Please download the applications from the original post and not from a quote.

• Finally completed the GUI for assets. Assets will unlock on 19 September 5PM GMT.
  • Upgraded the database. You will have to delete all your data files. Once we have the application stable future updates will patch the current database.

Now that assets has been completed, making the client 100% stable will be the first priority.
Qora will also be reorganised as the current direction is not really working.

Not upgrading to this version before 19 September 5PM GMT will make your client fork.
thanks for the update,
it seems more stable ,and we all wait for the AE.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
I have a problem when i want to run Qora i have the message,

Windows cannot find C:/Program Files/Java/Jre7/Bin/Java.exe

How can i fix this please?

Is java installed on your PC?  Without it, Qora will not run.
https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Yes i have java
How can i create this missing java.exe ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Time to reconsider the open source and review it.
Qora is a great coin, but if without people to use, it will be failed.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Anyone who has been talking to Qora over the last few weeks have any idea what he might be thinking for a new direction in organisation?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
So awesome to look at the debug when downloading the blockchain. You can literally scroll through 30000 blocks in a second.
Activity: 422
Activity: 422
I have built a qora node monitor.
Just see here : https://github.com/soliury/qoraMonitor

This is just a demo : http://192.243.117.77:3000/

legendary
Activity: 1057
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Buy before it´s too late!

can't wait for the AE and rocket to moon.
legendary
Activity: 1428
renat0 I don't understand what you are referring to there about the 10 billion limit...

This is an asset exchange, where you exchange assets. How does doge having 60 billion have anything to do with it and why should Qora "fix" the AE to accommodate such a big number?
Activity: 351
Is it documented what the price of issuing a Qora asset is?

As far as I know the price will be the standard fee of 1 Qora.The only limitation is that the total value of the asset won't be greater of the total supply.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Is it documented what the price of issuing a Qora asset is?
Activity: 351
I would like to mention something that I have noticed on Qora and it's development.

It turns out that Qora is not a simple digital currency with some features.
In my opinion right now we are facing the implementation of some great facts and principals of the real life into this digital currency.
I have noticed the below two real life principals integrated into Qora.

1. Decentralized Voting = Direct Democracy

The decentralized voting feature is actually a voting feature where all the Qora holders are able to vote.
Read a few from the above wiki link to understand what Direct Democracy is and correct me if I am wrong on this, but I think this is exactly what has been integrated into Qora.

2. Asset / Asset Exchange = Barter Exchange System

Asset / Asset exchange feature of Qora (the first into cryptocurrencies) is a real life exchange system where assets are trading directly for other assets without the need of money to made the transaction.

So, in my opinion the above principals it might be the most valuable principals in order to establish a healthy society.

COOL !!!!!!

Grin  Grin  Grin
Activity: 183
v15 doesn't work, getting this error message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: f.e

I tried both deleting only 'data' directory and starting from scratch with no wallet. It prints that error and quits. Java 8 on Ubuntu 14.04 x64. Anyone else has the same issue? v14 worked alright, except sometimes not being able to connect to peers.

Maybe get the seed and start from scratch?

The same error with me.
After deleting the wallet AND the data directory I started with seed.
All is running fine, now. 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
was checking around for coins to invest in ... was looking here ... but, java ... and closed source?

No thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Is there a linux version of the qora wallet?

it is java so same wallet.
Activity: 260
Buy before it´s too late!

Pages:
Jump to: