Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 75. (Read 748232 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

You have the Qora. Make sure you have your seed saved and then delete Qora folder, download it again and run it again from scratch, recover your seed, await for blockchain to be downloaded and you'll be able to see and use your Qora.

Thanks. it worked. But why i had to do that ?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
https://twitter.com/burnscamcoins/status/509032924864208896. Please retweet & tweet your own. We need to bring new people into Qora so that they can see the real potential. BTW why is the news on AE not yet tweeted on the Qora handle yet Huh Who handles that twitter account?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
You have the Qora. Make sure you have your seed saved and then delete Qora folder, download it again and run it again from scratch, recover your seed, await for blockchain to be downloaded and you'll be able to see and use your Qora.

I've had to read these instructions too many times...almost 4 months and the basic loading sequence is still not as smooth as it should be. In truth, I often still need to delete data and wallet folders to re-stabilize the client. I'm certainly not knocking Qora's work as he is a genius and all and has created a masterpiece but maybe we need ask qora to work on stability a bit (in a nice way). As for the rest of us, perhaps running nodes is the best thing we can do. 

Do we have a set of simple instructions on setting up a node?
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
We are still if you compare to NXT in dirt cheap territory.

That's because all you do is talking. One work horse is doing everything, the others are just waiting and dreaming, not even building the network.
there is a reward program for running a node

Ok, I found it, but it's only 3000 qora/week, that's ~$0.30/week, too little. That wouldn't even cover hosting expenses. Only initial stakeholders have a vested interest to run nodes now, and I see there are only 22 nodes in the network (http://qora.co.in/nodeview.php). If you want other people to join the network, initial stakeholders should provide more attractive bounties.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Having an issue with the wallet Qora.V14. zip

Was sending 7000 from Poloniex , but as the wallet has problems syncing they still not there:

http://qora.co.in/?q=4wUoSwzALT7p9wo93fGzCmAhhUhDthXsQG8roTk5BNzBtQEiynNezQKE97znYuxUF6GLkVgZKN9XHdf5kf5yoVkj
Activity: 502

That's because all you do is talking. One work horse is doing everything, the others are just waiting and dreaming, not even building the network.
there is a reward program for running a node
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'd buy Qora and become involved with the community, unfortunately I can't stand Rabbiter, so I won't.  I thought he was going to leave.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't invest $1 in a closed source project. 

I'm not sure what reaction or attention you are after.

A hug?
Activity: 715
I'd buy Qora and become involved with the community, unfortunately I can't stand Rabbiter, so I won't.  I thought he was going to leave.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't invest $1 in a closed source project. 
Ah, whatever, you're hopeless.
I am not talking about development. I am talking about growing the network and community. How are you supposed to withstand DDoS attacks with just 10 nodes? And if Qora price goes any higher, it will be noticed and DDoS'ed for sure. No DDoS attacks now is kind of indication that nobody thinks anything seriously about Qora. And why is that? Because there is no community and nobody is doing any productive work, Qora value is not backed by collective efforts. From the side it looks like a scientific software experiement of one Qora developer, nothing else. Who invests any big money into scientific experiments? Most scientists exist on government grants and scholarships. See what I am saying?

How many people invented Bitcoin?
Activity: 14
Just started looking into QORA. I've wanted to invest time, money, and effort into NXT for a long time but didn't ( at least not much ) because of the initial distribution. If something like 100 people own 80% of the coin, the price is at the whim of a few. That's just one of the problems with a huge distribution to a few people.

Did QORA have a provably better distribution than NXT ?

When I have time I'll read this thread. From what I understand though NXT had 73 stakeholders, QORA had 137.
I think at this price point of 25 sats, it is pointless to talk about initial distribution. Many initial holders must have offloaded until now. From what little knowledge I have, the price has been like this for the last moth or more. So plenty of people have been getting in cheap. I myself saw this 2 days ago on NXT forum and decide to join and bought a few mill today. I have just got this feeling that within December we'll see a minimum of 25X price increase with QORA going open source, many developers joining and asset trading. There are so many more possibilities which I cannot think right now because of excitement.

smart move, many will follow suit - then you'll see your investment spike Smiley
Activity: 23
Just started looking into QORA. I've wanted to invest time, money, and effort into NXT for a long time but didn't ( at least not much ) because of the initial distribution. If something like 100 people own 80% of the coin, the price is at the whim of a few. That's just one of the problems with a huge distribution to a few people.

When I have time I'll read this thread. From what I understand though NXT had 73 stakeholders, QORA had 137.
I think at this price point of 25 sats, it is pointless to talk about initial distribution. Many initial holders must have offloaded until now. From what little knowledge I have, the price has been like this for the last moth or more. So plenty of people have been getting in cheap. I myself saw this 2 days ago on NXT forum and decide to join and bought a few mill today. I have just got this feeling that within December we'll see a minimum of 25X price increase with QORA going open source, many developers joining and asset trading. There are so many more possibilities which I cannot think right now because of excitement.
I am not talking about development. I am talking about growing the network and community. How are you supposed to withstand DDoS attacks with just 10 nodes? And if Qora price goes any higher, it will be noticed and DDoS'ed for sure. No DDoS attacks now is kind of indication that nobody thinks anything seriously about Qora. And why is that? Because there is no community and nobody is doing any productive work, Qora value is not backed by collective efforts. From the side it looks like a scientific software experiement of one Qora developer, nothing else. Who invests any big money into scientific experiments? Most scientists exist on government grants and scholarships. See what I am saying?

many investors were Chinese. They tend not to get involved apart from a few that know English.
Activity: 560
A Asset to Asset exchange is music to my ears.

This is a unique feature and that is what we need, im so happy to see al this atm.

Until we are open source we won't get developers coming, we know that.

Has Qora disappointed you in anyway as the developer?

We are working in a different way than NXT, we don't need to follow NXT or anyone else.

I'm guessing most Qora holders are NXT'er, just a hunch, so if they are being lazy then you got some questions to answer too.  Grin

You always turn up here when Qora is doing great trying to pick holes. Your kind of my rally sign.

jrsfiend is more than willing to code things he's able to in order to contribute. Need the best ideas for utility and revenue generation, first, then order them from time needed to invest and downwards.

I think the core technology is being developed at a fast enough rate - and I wouldn't want to be the cause of breaking everyone's waiting and dreaming experience, either - but I'm more than happy to put in some time and effort. With a fully exposed and documented API, and some pretty cool features released or in the pipeline, there's tons of room for ideas.

I think the most limiting factor of an AE is the lack of trust I have in the stakes or assets I'm buying. It'd be interesting to build a Qora arb-trans messaging layer to combine escrow and a trusted feedback system, I think. How would that work? I'd think it should be weighted so 1000 minimal or new accounts don't have as much say as 1 revered one.

Open to suggestion.

This is an interesting idea to me.

If you look at the block explorer there is a nice distribution, apart from exchange he's I can think of only one whale who has much more than 1% on here and he has that mainly from accumulation buying.

The price has been very low for a long time, I personally will not stand for anyone ever criticising Qora on it's distribution. People like me have been screaming for people to buy for months now at these low prices. the trading thread has been a ghost town as well. We are still if you compare to NXT in dirt cheap territory.

http://qora.co.in/?top=100
Pages:
Jump to: