Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 79. (Read 748232 times)

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
omg, poloniex having troubles with withdrawals again  Angry

You dot think it might be unwise to post that when it might be an isolated issue?

A few hours later your coin gets processed but you manage to crash the sentiment why you worry about your own shit.
get a life
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

50 sat is reasonable price.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Ok,after reading the thread i have known why the price is up.Qora will release an AE!Good job!
Activity: 168

You dot think it might be unwise to post that when it might be an isolated issue?

A few hours later your coin gets processed but you manage to crash the sentiment why you worry about your own shit.
Any objective reason for the recent price increase?

Is there a whitepaper or anything about how the POS works and what makes it different from e.g. NXT's POS?

I think there are a few reasons playing off of one another.  First, as has been the case, this isn't a clone of another coin.  IMHO, that does give some validity to the project.  Next, trading has been very slow for a while and before that we saw a lot of bored/weak hands dump their stakes they purchased in the IPO.  This means that the overwhelming amount of Qora holders are doing just that, holding or continuing to slowly buy.  In other words, the market has seemed to stagnante at the bottom and we are about to see another MASSIVE wave of investment or dumping (if tradional market analysis holds true.)

Third, consider that Qora's internal Asset Exchange is about to cut on in a few days, which is a benefit.  I've not verified, but from what I've heard QORA will be the only crypto with a built-in dividend payment system.  I've used NXT for a long time and I own quite a few assets.  Paying dividends has been a huge hassle for many of the asset managers because the payment process is 100% manual.

I think all of these factors must be taken into account.  Many worthless coins have seen better marketcap than QORA recently, but Qora (the dev) has steadily worked on this project.  If he continues to release features within QORA that exist elsewhere, but slowly innovates a better implementation, this coin can only remain silent for so long.

People will start to notice and it will inevitably take off.

The risk factors of investing in QORA are that the code is (not yet) open source.  But, I'm always quick to point out that this thing is written in Java.  If you have dev background at all, it's easy-peasy to decompile and inspect.  The other risk factor (IMHO) is that since Qora is anonymous and is the sole dev, if he were to *disappear*, then the coin would slowly die as well because the community isn't yet mature enough to dig into the Java modules, extract and figure out the java code, and further manage the project.

In a nutshell, that is about as "objective" as I can be.  These are my opinions but I've tries to base that off of emotionless investment and keen observation.  QORA is currently a hedge for me which I hope pays off.  I highly suspect it will but it might take some time to pick up steam.

Good post!

NXT is a great hedge for bitcoin, and Qora is a great hedge for NXT. If you own some of all three, then your chances of doing well increase.

Exactly!

Even the NXT guys admit it's a 'backup'
Activity: 655

Is there a whitepaper or anything about how the POS works and what makes it different from e.g. NXT's POS?

I think there are a few reasons playing off of one another.  First, as has been the case, this isn't a clone of another coin.  IMHO, that does give some validity to the project.  Next, trading has been very slow for a while and before that we saw a lot of bored/weak hands dump their stakes they purchased in the IPO.  This means that the overwhelming amount of Qora holders are doing just that, holding or continuing to slowly buy.  In other words, the market has seemed to stagnante at the bottom and we are about to see another MASSIVE wave of investment or dumping (if tradional market analysis holds true.)

Third, consider that Qora's internal Asset Exchange is about to cut on in a few days, which is a benefit.  I've not verified, but from what I've heard QORA will be the only crypto with a built-in dividend payment system.  I've used NXT for a long time and I own quite a few assets.  Paying dividends has been a huge hassle for many of the asset managers because the payment process is 100% manual.

I think all of these factors must be taken into account.  Many worthless coins have seen better marketcap than QORA recently, but Qora (the dev) has steadily worked on this project.  If he continues to release features within QORA that exist elsewhere, but slowly innovates a better implementation, this coin can only remain silent for so long.

The risk factors of investing in QORA are that the code is (not yet) open source.  But, I'm always quick to point out that this thing is written in Java.  If you have dev background at all, it's easy-peasy to decompile and inspect.  The other risk factor (IMHO) is that since Qora is anonymous and is the sole dev, if he were to *disappear*, then the coin would slowly die as well because the community isn't yet mature enough to dig into the Java modules, extract and figure out the java code, and further manage the project.

In a nutshell, that is about as "objective" as I can be.  These are my opinions but I've tries to base that off of emotionless investment and keen observation.  QORA is currently a hedge for me which I hope pays off.  I highly suspect it will but it might take some time to pick up steam.

Good post!

NXT is a great hedge for bitcoin, and Qora is a great hedge for NXT. If you own some of all three, then your chances of doing well increase.
Actually it's more to do with the buzz that surrounded Qora as a possibility for SuperNET.

Coupled with that a realisation that Qora has the killer feature of dividend payments which doesn't seem exciting but once people start using assets they will understand.

AE helps, but we have know AE is coming for a few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
I have noticed that the price of Qora is rising.What happened?Is there any good news or updates from dev?

Looks like all dumpers finally dumped their coins and Qora start growing its real value. Also AE is going to be released soon which shows that the dev is more dedicated to the coin than ever.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I have noticed that the price of Qora is rising.What happened?Is there any good news or updates from dev?

Nothing at  all....

Only the second or 3rd coin to have a asset exchnage and maybe the first to have dividends...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
What ever happened to the sharecoin funds that were locked up at poloniex? Was any of it
ever given back to the owners? Lets just say that was a bad day for me.

Since there's no chance to figure out who lost their coins and how much it's been decided to make a dev fund out of it. So Poloniex owner transferred all coins to qora.
pt
Activity: 167
What ever happened to the sharecoin funds that were locked up at poloniex? Was any of it
ever given back to the owners? Lets just say that was a bad day for me.
legendary
Activity: 1036

Your posts are very interesting
Do you want to be our Jl777?  Grin
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Is the Qora AE going to be tested on testnet prior to release?

Testing is needed for regular devs . We have a genius Wink

All jokes aside, I think that is what the dev is doing, ironing out any bugs before we go live.

Yes, this is true
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
How is AE doing ? When will it be released ?

In two days Smiley (8. September)
Activity: 508
Jahaha
How is AE doing ? When will it be released ?
legendary
Activity: 1428

Testing is needed for regular devs . We have a genius Wink

All jokes aside, I think that is what the dev is doing, ironing out any bugs before we go live.
Activity: 715
Pages:
Jump to: