Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN) - page 2. (Read 1169886 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 13
Devs of the project should do 1 thing, while the coin is still somewhat alive, change the algo from this nonsense heatburner to something that is not core based, but based on memory. That is desirable by everyone in the PoW space.
Activity: 59
Merit: 2
Dev Meeting Transcripts (August 2022)

[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel open
[4:06 PM] Tron: Hello.
[4:07 PM] Tron: I added this page to the Ravencoin Foundation website.
[4:07 PM] Tron: https://ravencoin.foundation/proposal_desc
[4:07 PM] Tron: It is for proposals.  Two of them are there for bids.  One has been bid, and there for community support.
[4:22 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): sealclubber and starks reached out to the miningcore devs for a quote on a kawpow pool but havent heard back yet.
was buzzdave able to get in touch with traysi?
[4:29 PM] Tron: I haven’t heard back from him since he told me last week he couldn’t reach Traysi.
[4:31 PM] Tron: I’ll follow up.
[5:16 PM] Jeroz: Oh still open? Sorry I’m late.
[5:16 PM] Jeroz: Tron if you are still here..
[5:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): we were waiting for you ❤️
[5:18 PM] Jeroz: Hans made a v4.6 with lots of sync fixes and niceties.
I would vote to create a new branch from master for v4.6 and then create a new RVN version based on Hans’.
[5:20 PM] Jeroz: This would include a PR from Hans’ repo for:
3877691d0: Adjust version for mainnet release candidate v4.6.0 (3 days ago)
9ab489b57: Update nMinimumChainWork, defaultAssumeValid, checkpointData, chainTxData (3 days ago)
6316b1222: Fix function test failures which depend on nonstandard transactions (3 days ago)
And include all develop commits, except for:
# Re-adding P2SH
- de594bf3b: Revert "Re-Add Feature: Add P2SH support - Core Protocol Development Proposal 001 (PR #873)" (3 days ago)
- 8c31e2b6c: Re-Add Feature: Add P2SH support - Core Protocol Development Proposal 001 (PR #873) (1 year, 2 months ago)
# P2SH fix
- 77fc5ecf4: Revert "consensus: correct verification of transactions pre p2sh-asset activation (#1019)" (3 days ago)
- 46aad1a25: consensus: correct verification of transactions pre p2sh-asset activation (#1019) (1 year, 2 months ago)
# Removed backport
22684a762: Revert "backport: Shut down if trying to connect a corrupted block (#1126)" (#1185) (5 months ago)
d3243c194: backport: Shut down if trying to connect a corrupted block (#1126) (6 months ago)
[5:34 PM] Jeroz: Personally, I prefer having this version out. Since it fixes sync issues that pools have run into in the past. (I’m not sure what caused the wallet issue at bittrex) but I’m sure it’ll help.
It also allows us to get an up to date contact list again. And give a signal to everyone that they have the opportunity to stay up to date with new code. (Kind of a wake up call before any serious changes such as P2SH).
It also, separates all the new code since 4.3.2.1, from the P2SH fork code. Which I think is a good thing, because that code change won’t be clouded in with all the other commits.
[6:07 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think it's a great idea. The contact list is going to be a lot more work than anticipated so nice to have a "trial run" of sorts before something as urgent/pressing as a hard fork. Going to close the channel now as it's after 6PM but we can continue in development
[6:24 PM] Tron: If I understand correctly... 4.6 will be all non-consensus code.  I'm all for it.
----------
[4:00 PM] bless yer heart: I see we are Open. Missed you guys.
[4:03 PM] Jeroz: 🍻
[4:03 PM] bless yer heart: No pressure to speak, Ill fill a we bit by saying that I utilize a nice app for this sort of thing and developed a little After Action Report for a bit of viewing to the community. Ill gather and post after meetings. Here's an example.
[4:04 PM] bless yer heart: And lastly, I have started pushing my GitHub along. Got many thoughts upstairs and some will surely come to fruition.
https://github.com/Chief-Prince-Of-Function
[4:07 PM] Jeroz: Thanks, bless yer heart .
I was talking to Hans_Schmidt. We are  both happy to put 4.6 together in the Ravencoin git. Though, I don’t have the rights, and Hans isn’t sure if he is allowed to make branches and get this going.
[4:09 PM] Tron: If Hans can't make branches, let me know and I'll figure out how to make it work.
[4:11 PM] Jeroz: Oh, I misquoted him there. I read the conversation back. He wasn’t sure about his rights in the master branch.
But I guess we’ll just have to see if he runs into issues.
[4:12 PM] Jeroz: Anyways, I’m looking forward to work with kinkajou (SegWit Clique) and forwarding the news once it’s ready 🙂
[4:15 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): That contact sheet is fairly sparse, it seems our community has grown quite a bit since the last release - so the sooner we can get started the better 😅
[4:16 PM] Jeroz: I also want to reiterate that I’m very happy with the bounty on upgrading the dev kit. I was talking to a third party that wanted to test available libraries, and they are all outdated. Luckily some are still working.
They also asked for a Java dev kit. lp mentioned that he wanted to look into https://github.com/bitcoinj/bitcoinj.
[4:23 PM] bless yer heart: Does a java kit need to be made separate from a grouped SDK that can be added to over time through additional dev work?
[4:24 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Thanks. I will give it a try next week and see how it goes.
[4:25 PM] Jeroz: I think, ideally, a Ravencoin version of bitcoinj is added to the dev kit that people can further develop on.
[4:28 PM] Jeroz: Also, the insight explorer was deprecated in 2019, and it might be a good idea to upgrade that to https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore/tree/master/packages/insight for that devkit bounty.
[4:33 PM] Jeroz: So anyone reading this who is interested, have a look at https://ravencoin.foundation/proposal_desc and please consider sending a proposal to the foundation for upgrading (parts of) the Ravencoin devkit.
[4:49 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): With regards to the pool bounty, the miningcore dev responded to u/Seal Clubber 🤡 's post here: https://github.com/oliverw/miningcore/discussions/1334 saying they would look into it
[5:07 PM] bless yer heart: Ready for close.
----------
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel should be open
[4:07 PM] Seal Clubber 🤡: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/releases/tag/v4.6.1
🙏
[4:08 PM] Mango Farm: Outstanding.  Thanks to everyone who worked on it and to Hans_Schmidt in particular.
[4:11 PM] Mango Farm: For consideration: Should folks who use testnet a lot keep running on testnet with the p2SH version (4.9.0) or switch to 4.6.1 and let the testnet fork die?
[4:12 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Good question. But didn't we hold off on P2SH mainly because of lack of testing? 😅
[4:12 PM] Mango Farm: True.  I’m good either way I just want to be sure we have the right testnet.
[4:14 PM] Mango Farm: I suspect even if p2SH testing is needed we might want to test forking from 4.6.1 to a P2SH build off of it.  But raising the question to see what y’all think.
[4:16 PM] Tron: My opinion is that testnet should continue with P2SH.   The only way to test a transition to P2SH would be to start another testnet without it.
[4:16 PM] Mango Farm: 👍
[4:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I mainly want to insure there is still some way people can continue testing P2SH transactions since we've all agreed more testing is needed
[4:19 PM] Tron: BIP9 activation is pretty well tested.  The proper wrapping of consensus vs. non-consensus related code is critical and will be tested with 4.6.1 without involving the entire network.  4.6.1 should be consensus-level compatible with 4.3.2.1.  Testing that it is impossible to fork the network using 4.6.1 pre-P2SH activation is valuable.
[4:19 PM] Hans_Schmidt: When you have time, one more approval is needed for the merge of develop branch into master branch (PR#1205) in order to formalize the v4.6.1 release
[4:23 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I verified that it is a clean fast-forward which just changes the git pointer on master to the commit which v4.6.1 is built from.
[4:24 PM] Mango Farm: If you would prefer to revert to 4.6.1 then fork to test activation so P2SH from there it wouldn’t be difficult.  There are usually only one or two miners keeping testnet going so it’s a simple task.  I’ll do whatever is needed on that score, or keep 4.9.0 going.  At some point we will need a new testnet if P2SH is adopted anyway, because testnet users aren’t going to want to perpetually keep two releases running (one for main and a separate one for testnet from Hans’s repo).
[4:30 PM] Tron: Ah, I'm looking through the code now.  P2SH has been removed, so it is not compatible with current testnet.
[4:31 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Just to make sure everyone is clear- v4.6.1 has no P2SH code in it at all.
It would have been nice to have a single version of core which activated P2SH on testnet via BIP9 and perpetually disabled the BIP9 voting on mainnet, so that the next rev just had to enable BIP9 voting for mainnet. But that would carry substantial risk for mainnet because the BIP9 wrapping for P2SH is very extensive throughout consensus code.
[4:32 PM] Tron: Would it make more sense to leave it in (properly BIP9 wrapped) with a not possible activation date on mainnet?  And leave it on testnet?   All the other good stuff (UI, tx improvements, fixes, etc) would be available and chould be able to be used by anyone who updates -- but still 100% compatible with 4.3.2.1.
[4:35 PM] Hans_Schmidt: There would be no guarantee of 100% compatibility with v4.3.2.1 since a single mistake in the consensus code BIP9 wrapping (and there are hundreds of them) could create an incompatibility.
[4:36 PM] Tron: It only carries risk if the BIP9 wrapping is faulty.  Having lots of usage, but not 50%+ of miners would test BIP9 wrapping and consensus compatibility without impact to the network as 4.6.1 users would be forked off - but not the exchanges and economic actors.  The risk is to the updaters, not to the active network.
[4:36 PM] Mango Farm: My two cents here is that to the extent it is contemplated that Ravencoin could fork with P2SH code from 4.6.1, then the consensus code should be added to 4.6.1 to 4.x.x and properly activated.  Testnet should test what is intended to happen, without guesswork.  Since the existing testnet was forked from an older/different version of the code, why take a chance?  Nobody cares about their existing testnet chain staying the chain - what's most important is that P2SH is tested.
[4:41 PM] Mango Farm: Of course that means my faucet will lose about a bazillion tRVN from my son's gaming PC, but so be it 🤣
[4:45 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I agree. Testnet should emulate exactly what is expected to happen on the mainnet for P2SH activation. Our testnet miner contact list is 100% up-to-date so it wouldn't be difficult to coordinate 😅
[4:48 PM] Tron: Thank you u/Hans_Schmidt for doing this.  I'll review it this afternoon.  This can be used for a new non-P2SH testnet, and another version for P2SH testnet activation testing.
[4:48 PM] Hans_Schmidt: So if I am following: that means leaving v4.6.1 as is for people to use without any risk on mainnet, and then creating a new version for testnet with all the P2SH BIP9 code back in. Testnet would go back to non-P2SH until BIP9 allowed it to activate. That version of the code would properly test all the BIP9 wrapping code and be deployed on mainnet later.
[4:49 PM] Tron: Consensus rules for now will be governed by 4.3.2.1 rules.
[4:50 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Makes sense.
[4:50 PM] Tron: 4.6.1 should be 100% consensus rules compatible.  If not, only the minority running it will experience a problem.
[4:51 PM] Tron: That will give us confidence in everything non-P2SH.  A P2SH version that activates on testnet would let us test that cycle (with new activation durations).
[4:53 PM] Hans_Schmidt: v4.6.1 published on RavenProject has only trivial changes from the v4.6.0 which I published on my github 3 weeks ago. I sync''d mainnet from scratch using that and I know others have used it as well. So v4.6.1 should be safe.
[4:58 PM] Jeroz: Anything in particular that you want tested for P2SH? Is there a guide somewhere on how to create such transactions? And all kinds of stuff it allows one to do besides multisig?
[4:59 PM] BadGuyTy: well the is the hash time limited scripts
[4:59 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Yes I believe Hans is still the only one to successfully test HTLC cross-chain Atomic Swaps
[5:02 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): https://hans-schmidt.github.io/mastering_ravencoin/analysis/HTLC_P2SH_Cross-Chain_Atomic_Swaps_RVN-Assets_With_BTC.html
[5:03 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Also more testing of restricted assets and tagging with P2SH. Just integrating BF's tagging bug fix alone required me to make 100+ changes to 50+ files in consensus code to BIP9 wrap it.
[5:05 PM] Jeroz: Sweet
[5:11 PM] Tron: In my review, I'm ignoring most of the UI changes and translation changes.
[5:11 PM] Tron: Any concern that some locks of the wallet have been removed before adding/deleting?
[5:14 PM] Hans_Schmidt: "locks of the wallet"?
[5:16 PM] Tron: In src/qt/addresstablemodel.cpp
[5:16 PM] Hans_Schmidt: you mean CRITICAL_SECTION code to avoid race conditions?
[5:16 PM] Tron: LOCK(wallet->cs_wallet);  (removed)
[5:21 PM] Tron: Not a deep analysis.  Just concerned that it might have been there for a reason, and not there anymore.  Only concern would be for wallet corruption.
[5:27 PM] Hans_Schmidt: That change was PR#1169, which was a direct copy of bitcoin PR#11733 'Remove redundant locks". Ha!- appropriately named!
[5:28 PM] Tron: Thank you.
[5:47 PM] Tron: PR approved.
----------
[11:50 AM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Development Meeting Agenda (August 26,2022):
- Review of https://github.com/RavenProject/ravenproject.github.io/pull/247 to get new wallet links on Ravencoin.org
- Mac releases for 4.6.1. Tron should have the apple developer keys to sign Mac binaries.
- Testnet status - are we forking to 4.6.1 and re-adding p2sh to that?
- Bounty submissions for MiningCore Pool (Starks/KyivPool)
Please send additional agenda items to kinkajou (SegWit Clique) via DM or development
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel open.
[4:03 PM] LSJI07: Hi.
[4:07 PM] Tron: I have a key to sign Windows binaries.
[4:07 PM] Tron: The Mac binaries aren't signed.  Is there a Mac build?
[4:08 PM] Jeroz: ^
[4:09 PM] Jeroz: ^and this 😄
[4:10 PM] Steelers: 👋
[4:11 PM] Jeroz: (I know its been a while and I have no idea if its still possibel)
[4:11 PM] Tron: The Apple (iOS) mobile does require going through the foundation because they will not allow wallets without having a corp dev account.
[4:14 PM] Tron: If the auto-build isn't' building the Mac binaries, I'll need to reconstruct the Mac build environment.
[4:15 PM] Tron: I don't know if I can do it on the M1 or not.  But I have an older Mac I can use if needed.
[4:16 PM] Jeroz: I think backwards compatibility will be hard with the M1. They do have rosetta (yes I know, coincidence in naming) to run the intel stuff on the M1
[4:17 PM] LSJI07: Wouldn't it be better to getting the deterministic builds system working eventually?
[4:19 PM] Jeroz: I dont know if I have time this weekend to have a crack at it on my 2017 macbook. Ill see what I can do.
[4:20 PM] Tron: I build the Linux version on Parallels on the M1 Mac.
[4:20 PM] Jeroz: Other than that, could you have a look at https://github.com/RavenProject/ravenproject.github.io/pull/247  @Tron ?
I updated the links on the web page to the latest wallets. I left the mac release out of it for now.
Changed update message
Updated Windows core wallet link to 4.6.1
Updated Linux core wallet link to 4.6.1
Mac version is not available (yet).
[4:21 PM] Jeroz: It needs 1 approval from someone that is not me 😄
[4:23 PM] Tron: Done
[4:36 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Should we discuss what we plan to do with the testnet? There is a lot of confusion/uncertainty atm
[4:39 PM] LSJI07: I have downloaded and tried to sync 4.6.1 testnet yesterday plus today. Stuck at 1031714 or 74.09 percent. 34 weeks behind.
[4:41 PM] LSJI07: Just restarted the node.
[4:53 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Tron Hans_Schmidt Mango Farm Jeroz Raven Rebels it seems like the consensus in testnet is that we need to fork back to 4.6.1 and then do a proper BIP9 activated hard-fork to the p2sh code that would be used for a mainnet release. Am I understanding this correctly or is there any opposition or alternative suggestions to this idea?
[5:03 PM] Hans_Schmidt: OSX has been taken out of the workflow yml code, but the OSX support is still in the individual scripts. So, yes, it needs to be fixed, but most of it should be there. I have never owned an Apple product and am not familiar with that.
[5:11 PM] Tron: That would be my preference.
[5:11 PM] Hans_Schmidt: If everyone wants to just switch to using v4.6.1 on testnet and let things stabilize, that's just a (significant) coordination and communications task. I am fine with that if that is the community consensus. A new binary can be released onto testnet first and mainnet second at a later date whenever the community feels a mainnet fork is warranted.
[5:22 PM] LSJI07: I stuck a post in testnet as a start. Adjust as needed.
[5:31 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): And lastly, Tron I believe you have been emailed/pinged at least half a dozen times over this - but Kyiv pool and Starks 🅁🅅🄽 𓄿 are both interested in the Ravencoin Foundation mining pool bounty. Both are utilizing the MiningCore codebase which is MIT opensource.
[6:07 PM] Blockchain John: 👀
[7:46 PM] Tron: I didn't realize there were two.  I assumed there was only one party interested.  I will list the one for which we have a written bid.
Activity: 88
Merit: 6
https://herominers.com
RavenCoin (RVN) Mining Pool
Different Pool Regions for Best Hashrate Experience

Central Europe (Germany): ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
North Europe (Finland): fi.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
Eastern Europe (Russia): ru.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
North America - East (Canada): ca.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
North America - West (USA): us.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
North America - East (USA): us2.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
South America - (Brazil): br.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
Asia (HongKong): hk.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
Asia (South Korea): kr.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
South Asia (India): in.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
SouthEast Asia (Singapore): sg.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140
Western Asia (Turkey): tr.ravencoin.herominers.com:1140

Features
Pool and Solo Mining
No Registration Required
We Pay Full Reward (block reward + tx fee + extra)
Exchange Wallet Support (Integrated, PaymentID, Subaddress)
Earnings Estimation Based on Current Hashrate
Per Rig Statistics
Worker HashRate Charts
E-Mail Alerts of Rig Down
Fully compatible with NiceHash and MiningRigRentals
Configurable Minimal Payout
Static Difficulty Support

Support
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/gvWSs84
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/HeroMinersPool
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeroMinerss

Welcome & Happy Mining!
HeroMiners ❤️️ since 2018

Dev Meeting Transcripts (July 2022)

[4:45 PM] Seal Clubber: For those that have not seen it yet, I have been working on making a publicly availible rvn pool:
https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/429133749867905024/988249153098383360
[4:46 PM] Seal Clubber: Still needs some work, if it want to be used for productions cases. But should work perfect for the solominer with multiple rigs, since it uses PROP payouts.
[5:07 PM] Jeroz: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1196
[5:07 PM] Jeroz: Review and test please
[5:19 PM] BadGuyTy: I looked over it I'm not a great cpp guy but it is not trying to do anything crazy just adds a new variable to keep the p2sh and p2pkh using different calculations.
[5:23 PM] BadGuyTy: Ok It is July 1st. I want to see this release out the door this quarter. If not before ETH goes PoS. I want to show that we (RVN) are in active development. I'm excited for minable assets but thats not possible while sitting on p2sh twiddling our thumbs.  If no one is going to grab this torch and carry it I guess I will start by throwing [the torch] at some people.
[5:27 PM] BadGuyTy: What tests do we need to have done at a minimum?
What bugs are still outstanding?
What methods do we have for collecting contact information for the new hard fork?
Can we start advertising that we are going to make this fork happen and that we need current contact information for exchanges?
Let's set some goals up for people to do. If we don't start handing out tasks with deadlines this isn't going to get done.
[5:27 PM] Jeroz: I understand your concern but if the new consensus rules are not thoroughly tested, you increase the risk ending up empty handed.
[5:29 PM] BadGuyTy: Exactly I'm saying let's get this done. with assignments and due dates. Right now its to ephemeral so we have stalled.
[5:30 PM] Jeroz: Pick up where fdov left it off id say. He had a whole list
[5:31 PM] BadGuyTy: I have been "waiting" for asset p2sh since like November and just moved to an alternative solution as a work around.
[5:34 PM] Jeroz: Well it’s an urgency/risk trade-off.
If you and hopefully others speak up and say: hey, I’m ready to utilize this and I need this on the chain! Then it gets more urgent.
Perhaps start with making a list of that, so that we know how high the demand is.
[5:34 PM] BadGuyTy: wait did he delete his history when he left?
[5:34 PM] Jeroz: I’m not sure
[5:34 PM] BadGuyTy: I find nothing in search
[5:36 PM] Jeroz: Might be not searchable since the user isn’t here.
[5:37 PM] Jeroz: Yeah that’s it: https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/473712306300256256/918566015456129084
[5:37 PM] BadGuyTy: oh ok
[5:38 PM] Jeroz: Here’s the list: https://github.com/fdoving/RavenStash/blob/main/testing-4.7.0test.md
[5:38 PM] BadGuyTy: ok sweet.
[5:44 PM] BadGuyTy: Ok i'm on vacation this next week and a half I'm bringing along a laptop may just write something up on the beach. we'll see what my wife allows
------------------------------------------------
[4:01 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel open!
[4:04 PM] LSJI07: Hi
[4:10 PM] Seal Clubber: Any prebuild binaries on blondfrogs new fix?
[4:11 PM] Seal Clubber: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1196
[4:11 PM] Seal Clubber: Dis one
[4:17 PM] Jeroz: The pull request has binaries
[4:18 PM] Jeroz: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1196/checks
Under artifacts
[4:45 PM] LSJI07: @JerozI can see the binaries build completed successfully etc but they don't seem be available to download.
[4:46 PM] Hans_Schmidt: If you want to use the link which Jeroz provided, then
1) that link will only work if you have a github account and you are logged in.
2) that build does NOT include the fix for the bug which causes testnet sync to hang at 1127354
[4:46 PM] LSJI07: I'm stupid. Click Artifacts......
[4:49 PM] JustaResearcher: When segwit?
[4:50 PM] JustaResearcher: 😃
[4:50 PM] LSJI07: After p2sh. 🙂
[4:50 PM] JustaResearcher: Cool.
[4:51 PM] LSJI07: Well... Everything atm is after p2sh. 😂
[5:00 PM] Hans_Schmidt: On 2nd thought, if you use the link which Jeroz provided, you probably won't encounter the block 1127354 sync hang bug (at least not at that block) because
it will put you on your own fork, and that fork will be stalled unless you also mine it yourself.
[5:02 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): So we cannot test the bug fix without forking the testnet?
[5:02 PM] LSJI07: regtest would be better.
[5:02 PM] Seal Clubber: Or would we have to "merge" this with the latest testnet and build it from source?
[5:03 PM] LSJI07: we would have to bip9 the change into testnet to do it smoothly imo.
[5:04 PM] Hans_Schmidt: It requires a chain fork. This is the kind of thing which Tron talks about when he urges caution. BIP9 is needed for a coordinated fork.
[5:07 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Without BIP9 the fork would also have to go all the way back 6 months or more to whenever the first person tried to tag a P2SH address.
[5:08 PM] LSJI07: I think this should be added by bip9 and tested in testnet properly. Especially as this smaller portion affects the larger p2sh code  and restricted assets and tags. Testing it in isolation has value but imo it should all be on testnet.
[5:09 PM] Seal Clubber: This wouldnt matter if we were to fork it into mainnet later on right?
[5:13 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): So how should we go about proceeding? I know many are anxious to get testing P2SH with qualifiers/restricted assets.
[5:15 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I could write BIP9 code around only PR1196. Or we could just all agree to switch to a new version with the PR included.
We actually never did BIP9 on testnet for the P2SH code. We just all agreed to mass switch to v4.7
It's a bit of a mess because at this point not matter what we do for mainnet, it won't be the exact code we ran on testnet unless we fork way back to when we introduced P2SH on testnet and start over.
[5:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): What would you recommend? I'm fine with either. Just want to make sure we do it right.
[5:18 PM] LSJI07: To me it matters because the alternative is skipping testnet out. I think there was a testnet bip9 for p2sh just it was really fast 1.4 days cycles. I think we should focus on sorting testnet out before attempting mainnet.
[5:18 PM] Seal Clubber: This does sound like the right way to do it, also would help when we actualy fork right
[5:19 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I'll take a look at it coming week if I have time. The PR is actually quite simple. The only question is how to test best.
[5:20 PM] LSJI07: Everything should be available on testnet before mainnet imo. Thanks for your work guys.
[5:22 PM] Someone_2: readd the code/fix for the testnet sync bug later on then?
[5:24 PM] Hans_Schmidt: If I do a test build, it will be cumulative and include all desired PRs.
[5:38 PM] Hans_Schmidt: You may be correct about having used a very short BIP9 forP2SH on testnet. I don't recall. I tried to check v4.7.0test1 but it was fdov's private test build and its commit # no longer exists in fdov's repo or the "official" repo, so I can't check the source code.
[5:43 PM] LSJI07: i run Raven Core version v4.7.0.0-b5010492c (64-bit) on mainnet from fdov. I can put it in testnet and check the chain info.
[5:50 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Would it be worth sending him a message or are you able to work around this?
[6:03 PM] LSJI07:
 "chain": "test",
  "blocks": 1207702,
  "headers": 1215669,
  "bestblockhash": "000000425894fc328b414d91257270c531c937612f1616d9f6273949d10a945c",
  "difficulty": 0.01102579145195381,
  "difficulty_algorithm": "DGW-180",
  "mediantime": 1653230310,
  "verificationprogress": 0.9443709413270003,
  "chainwork": "000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000de0dd2424e0bf",
  "size_on_disk": 651543708,
  "pruned": false,
  "softforks": [
  ],
  "bip9_softforks": {
    "assets": {
      "status": "active",
      "startTime": 1533924000,
      "timeout": 1577257200,
      "since": 6048
    },
    "messaging_restricted": {
      "startTime": 1570428000,
      "timeout": 1577257200,
      "since": 10080
    },
    "transfer_script": {
      "startTime": 1586973600,
      "timeout": 1618509600,
      "since": 268128
    },
    "enforce": {
      "startTime": 1593453600,
      "timeout": 1624989600,
      "since": 334656
    },
    "coinbase": {
      "startTime": 1597341600,
      "timeout": 1628877600,
      "since": 463680
    },
    "p2sh_assets": {
      "startTime": 1619971200,
      "timeout": 1651507200,
      "since": 707616
    }
  },
  "warnings": ""
}
[6:16 PM] Hans_Schmidt: It's not a problem. The history of what happened is obviously on the chain if we care to dig into details 😉
[6:40 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll go ahead and close the channel. Further discussion can continue in development
Thanks for coming, everyone! 🙂
[4:02 PM] Tron: Hi all.
[4:03 PM] Jeroz: 👋
[4:04 PM] Someone_2: If I could figure out how to do the wave emojoi I would 🙂
[4:04 PM] Someone_2: 👋
[4:06 PM] Tron: In our last board meeting (Monday) we discussed proposing a bounty for open-source mining pool, updated explorer, efficient open-source miner.  Thoughts?
[4:08 PM] Jeroz: Mango asked me some time ago already about pool software. I have one built by traysi/minermore. He asked me to contact him first before sharing it with others but I have no way of contacting him anymore. Maybe via buzzdave?
[4:09 PM] Jeroz: I used it only for tRVN for some time
[4:10 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: The actual mining software such as kawpow miner?
[4:12 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Seal Clubber and @Hans_Schmidt have also done some work on that. https://github.com/Seal-Clubber/cyberpool-ravencoin-server
https://github.com/hans-schmidt/kawpow_personal_stratum_server
and @kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸 published https://github.com/kralverde/ravencoin-stratum-proxy
[4:12 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think it's a fantastic idea to provide more tools for developers to build from.
[4:13 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Actual pool software is different because it keeps track of multiple user accounts. The license should tell you what you can and can't do regarding giving it away.
[4:14 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Kawpowminer not working on current gen AMD cards has been a point of contention for a while so fixing that would be great.
[4:15 PM] Seal Clubber: if you have this, it would be great to have it open if the guys are okey with that, could run a community pool from the foundation
[4:16 PM] Tron: https://github.com/Seal-Clubber/cyberpool-ravencoin-server is GPL3 which is very permissive -- not quite MIT, but really good.
[4:24 PM] Seal Clubber: that repo would need some work to have all the "up to spec" demands of the modern pool.
[4:25 PM] Tron: The bounty could be set up in such a way that minermore or an up-to-spec version would satisfy the requirements.
[4:26 PM] Seal Clubber: if you guys need some criteria for that ill be glad to help list some
[4:27 PM] Jeroz: If anyone knows how to get back in contact with them, let me know.
[4:28 PM] Seal Clubber: I think best bet would be buzzdave.
[4:28 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I messaged buzzdave about minermore a few months ago but never heard back. The pool is still online so I assume he is around somewhere.
[4:29 PM] Jeroz: Their pool fee is actually 0% 😳
[4:29 PM] Tron: I was just looking through my contacts.  I lost lots when I lost access to my Medici Ventures e-mail.  But I still have some in old searchable notes.  I'll reach out and see if I get a response.
[4:30 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Yes we asked them to lower it a while back and they did. Then no one mined there. lol
[4:31 PM] Jeroz: 293.08 Mh/s atm
[4:31 PM] Jeroz: They get a block every 1-2 days
[4:35 PM] Tron: Ok, I reached out to Buzzdave.  I'll report back here if I get a response.
[4:36 PM] Jeroz: Cool
[4:43 PM] Mango Farm: Great.  He is in here still @ buzz Dave too
[4:44 PM] Mango Farm: (I added the space so as not to ping him)
[5:04 PM] Seal Clubber: @kinkajou (SegWit Clique) time to wrap this one up?
[5:05 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I've been leaving them open til 6 but we can go ahead and wrap this up
[5:05 PM] Seal Clubber: 6? that how many more hours?
[5:06 PM] Seal Clubber: eeh doesnt matter that much I guess
[5:26 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): 35min 😛 but ill close it now. thanks for coming everyone.
[5:44 PM] Tron: Update: BuzzDave got back to me.  He is going to talk to Traysi, and decide from there.  The ask was to determine what type of bounty would make it worth it to turn minermore over as open-source.
[4:11 PM] BadGuyTy: 👋
[4:11 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Tron you mentioned in the whatsuprvn talk we could go in and fix the transaction malleability bug outright as opposed to SegWit. Would this still allow us to use Lightning Network?
A large part of my desire for SegWit is because I'd like to be able to benefit from the billions of dollars worth of R&D bitcoin has already done on proven l2 scaling solutions rather than having to reinvent the wheel for Ravencoin.
[4:14 PM] Tron: Yes.  Fixing the transaction malleability issue should allow lightning to work on Ravencoin.  I'm not a lightning expert, but the main reason SegWit was required was because it fixed the transaction malleability issue, not because of anything special in SegWit.  They just make the signing protocol more strict in SegWit.  That way older versions that were not SegWit aware would still work, and newer clients would be SegWit aware and use only one format for signing transactions.
[4:15 PM] BadGuyTy: I was reading over last weeks meeting and I really like the Idea of a foundation mining pool where the nominal mining fee would go to the foundation
[4:16 PM] Tron: Lightning breaks if the valid signature can be ripped off, and then applied back with a different signing format.  If the txid changes, all chained lightning transactions that depend on a legit chain of transaction ids would break.
[4:18 PM] Tron: If we do a hard fork anyway (for P2SH), the signing could be limited to a single format.  It would be important to make sure all known clients sign in the selected format.
[4:18 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Right, that part I do understand. I am just assuming (potentially incorrectly) that there would be some non-zero amount of work involved adapting LN for Ravencoin if it's an entirely different transaction format (P2PKH vs P2WSH/P2WPKH) and I'm curious as to how feasible that is for a project of our size.
[4:20 PM] BadGuyTy: do we need a lightning network for raven right now?
[4:21 PM] Tron: That is a great question.  I suspect there would be some work for that.
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): No. But if RVN ever gets any significant adoption we will.
[4:21 PM] BadGuyTy: I mean I'm not going to turn my nose up at it but having been following blocks for squawker we still have empty blocks
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): We can transact a near infinite amount of tokens.
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Bitcoin just has the 1 (BTC)
[4:22 PM] Tron: Not now, but I can see the benefit of solving the transaction malleability issue to make Ravencoin Lightning capable.
[4:24 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Solving transaction malleability sounds like a great idea regardless of LN for merchant adoption of RVN payments.
[4:24 PM] BadGuyTy: I get that. I mean as I stare down the barrel of squawker possibly having adoptation It would be nice to be able to bundle those together in a lightning chain style single transaction
[4:27 PM] Seal Clubber: To get back on the pool, we currently only have gpl source code, would minermore be mit?
[4:28 PM] BadGuyTy: you get the code I would be willing to host
[4:28 PM] Tron: I have not heard back from BuzzDave yet.
[4:29 PM] Seal Clubber: If not there is miningcore, https://github.com/oliverw/miningcore/discussions/876
if we ever get to funding a pool we should consider this imo
[4:29 PM] Seal Clubber: They have the "libs" for kawpow, just need work on the endpoints
[4:30 PM] Tron: I just texted BuzzDave to see if he'd made a decision.
[4:30 PM] Seal Clubber: Its also mit, but I woulf much better prefer if we can get the minermore version, and this as backup
[4:31 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Lightening could be built for RVN.
But Lightening fundamentally does not work as a scaling solution for assets. It would require every lightening node operator who wants to create a channel to own every asset for which it wants to create channels and own them in sufficient quantity to broker the transactions. For millions of assets, he would have to own all of them. And if it were possible to buy them on-the-spot, then the original party could do so also, and wouldn't need a Lightening channel. Of course for Restricted Assets it's a non-starter since the channel operator would not be allowed to broker.
[4:32 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): So then we're back to SegWit and bigger blocks being the most time-tested scaling solutions for assets?
[4:36 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Big blocks should be sufficient for a long time. BCH has had no scaling problems. I guess it depends if we plan to take over the world.
[4:36 PM] BadGuyTy: yes but for squawker where I am likely going to be the one doing all the transactions it would be a nice way to roll up all the transactions myself
[4:37 PM] Tron: Considering the complexities that Hans brought up, as well as asset issuance complexities related to the unique name requirement, it probably isn't practical to use lightning for assets.
[4:38 PM] BadGuyTy: and the bigger assets that wold want/need a lightning solution it would. be worth it for them to have a constructed side channel
[4:38 PM] Tron: For RVN it might be.
[4:38 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Not take over the world - just tokenize it 🙂
[4:39 PM] Tron: There are other advantages to solving transaction malleability.  It would be nice to be able to rely on a transaction id.
[4:39 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Agreed. I'm all for solving transaction malleability either way.
[4:40 PM] BadGuyTy: im all for making the chain better period
[4:40 PM] Tron: I just heard back from BuzzDave.   Minimum 0.65 BTC, and he still would like to get approval from Traysi.
[4:42 PM] BadGuyTy: how many rvn is that approx
[4:43 PM] Hans_Schmidt: There are lots of interesting protocols which can be built using strings of off-chain transactions which don't get broadcast until if/when the deal is concluded, but which require transaction malleability to be fixed.
[4:46 PM] Tron: ~560,000 RVN
[4:47 PM] BadGuyTy: :Ravemoticon_Sad: I don't think I could get anywhere near that.
[4:51 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Would the foundation contribute any of that? It would be possible to recoup the bounty if miners support the foundation by mining to the pool after it's up and running.
[4:51 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Assuming there is a fee like the vast majority of pools.
[4:53 PM] BadGuyTy: I could commit BadGuyMining (my small mining company that will be using Ravencoin to track ownership and disbursement) to mining to the pool afterwards and running the pool for the foundation with a reasonable fee of like 0.5% but I don't have upfront capital
[4:55 PM] Jeroz: I feel like if you want to get income from a foundation pool and at the same time open source that pool software with the intention to help anyone setting up pools and decentralize the chain more, aren’t you shooting yourself in the foot? As in, you lower the chance of getting miners while wanting them at the same time.
[4:57 PM] BadGuyTy: Kinda but If it is known as the "foundation pool" I think people would join it to support the foundation
[4:57 PM] Tron: The foundation would coordinate collecting the bounty.   I would contribute some personally.
[5:01 PM] Seal Clubber: Miningcore is always an option too
[5:01 PM] Seal Clubber: And they would prob do it for waaaay less
[5:11 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): have you reached out? couldnt hurt to shop around
[5:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Definitely a bit counterintuitive but like Ty said I think people would support the foundation over other pools given all else equal.
[5:21 PM] Seal Clubber: Will do
[5:44 PM] BadGuyTy: the foundation pool wouldn't really be for the income but having it help subsidize some of the expenses would be nice
[5:44 PM] Jeroz: To gauge interest (or create it)
https://twitter.com/jeroz6/status/1550597639170920448
[6:01 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel closed. thanks for coming everyone
[4:00 PM] Starks: How do we jump on?
[4:00 PM] Baba Yaga CEO ฿: Hola
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel open. There are a few items on the agenda today:
1.) @Seal Clubber has reached out to miningcore developers regarding the foundation pool bounty. I think this may be a better option to minermore and it's written in c++
2.) The github repo is set to private. This is a small/nonissue and Hans spoke on this in the nest, but I'd like to bring it up again here anyway. I'm not sure when this was changed but the Bitcoin repo is public and ours has been historically as well so would be nice to change it back.
[4:01 PM] Jeroz: I think it's safe to say that some people will mine to a foundation pool
https://twitter.com/jeroz6/status/1550597639170920448
[4:01 PM] Seal Clubber: Written mostly in c with some touches of c++ etc*
[4:02 PM] Seal Clubber: https://github.com/oliverw/miningcore/discussions/1334
[4:02 PM] Seal Clubber: I started this discussion today, ill give it some time. No reactions yet
[4:05 PM] Someone_2: Seeking a bit of clarity.  The point of a foundation pool is???...??  My assumptions would be that the pool fee goes to the foundation?  Or would it perhaps be anything mined to it becomes donated funding to the foundation?  or it's simply a free no fee pool?  There may be others wondering about this too.
[4:08 PM] Tron: It was a suggestion from one of the Foundation board members.  It does not need to be a Foundation pool, but rather open-source pool software that is easy to set up and run.  An instance could be run by the foundation, but it isn't required.
[4:08 PM] Someone_2: Hehe, so not at all even remotely what I had thought it might even be 😂
[4:09 PM] Someone_2: Almost feeling sheepish but I am glad I asked 🙂
[4:10 PM] Tron: Which GitHub repo are we discussing in agenda item #2?
[4:10 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): RavenProject repo
[4:10 PM] Jeroz: Alright, since I see sometimes pools and exchanges having issues with wallets, I really think it's a good idea to have a new ravencoin release.
Something like 4.9 (since @Hans_Schmidt is up to that number). And perhaps save 5.0 for a P2SH assets fork?
I went trough the PRs that entered the repo after 4.3.2.1.
There are 64 PRs that are in the master  branch already post-4.3.2.1 and there are 67 non-consensus PRs in develop that could be carried over. I assume that they still need discussion and perhaps testing.
I know from @Hans_Schmidt that he preferred having syncing fixes in there as well. So I poked around and we got PR #1189 in develop now too (which is the one Hans added to his 4.9 release too).
 @Tron @Hans_Schmidt, how would you like to proceed with the commits in develop?
The non consensus ones are below.
e5ea80fd5 - Fix: resolves bug with in memory qualifier address checking (#1189)
e5ea80fd5 - DOC: Put the how-to md files front and center for novice users (#1076)
0472cd675 - FIX: resolves a mining bug caused by a lockup in CreateNewBlock loop (#1184)
7f27d355e - FIX: resolves an issue with RPC call createrawtransaction transferwithmessage (#1113)
bb8e0d166 - BACKPORT: net: Add missing locks in net.{cpp,h} (bitcoin #11744) (#1170)
dc0d953f6 - GUI: create and reissue asset views - browse ipfs button (#1144)
Expand
develop_commits.txt
5 KB
[4:10 PM] Tron:
[4:11 PM] Tron: It is public, and I think it always has been.
[4:12 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): am i looking in the wrong place? i used to be able to see you/bruce/hans/hyperpeek/roshii and the people who had various roles
[4:12 PM] Tron: It does have controls on it for who can merge, and requires approvals prior to merges.
[4:12 PM] Seal Clubber: Its a solid question
[4:15 PM] Tron: Here is the current info.  If someone knows how to make that info visible, let me know.
[4:15 PM] Tron:
[4:16 PM] JustaResearcher: I love the idea of a foundation pool, or atleast the software being released, open source. I’d love to run a pool but don’t have the coding ability atm.
[4:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): yes!!! this is exactly what I was referring to. I'm not sure how to make it public but I know at one point it was.
[4:16 PM] Tron: Drilling down....
[4:16 PM] Tron:
[4:17 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I fixed the functional test fails on core, chose the appropriate set of PRs, updated some stale parameters, and put together a proposal for a mainnet release which includes all the latest bug fixes and niceties but NOT P2SH.
I have been using to since yesteday.
I am also about 65% done with a fresh mainnet sync-from-scratch which looks like it will finish in 4 hours. The link is:
https://github.com/hans-schmidt/Ravencoin/releases/tag/v4.6.0mainnet-rc1
[4:17 PM] Starks: I concur with this
[4:18 PM] Tron: At first glance, I don't see an option to make that list (those lists) visible.
[4:19 PM] Tron: This seems like a great start.  I'm on board with this.
[4:20 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The functional fails were nothing troublesome.
On bitcoin, regtest rejects nonstandard transactions, but the "-acceptnonstdtxn" cli option can be used to over-ride that default.
On raven-v4.3.2.1, regtest allows nonstandard transactions, and the "-acceptnonstdtxn" cli option is broken on all nets (never does anything).
One of the PRs fixes that bug so than rvn regtest now works like btc. But some of the functional tests were written to require nonstandard transactions.
So I fixed the broken functional tests by telling the test framework to use the "-acceptnonstdtxn" cli option.
[4:22 PM] Jeroz: Are there any commits in there that still need specific tests @Hans_Schmidt?
[4:23 PM] Tron: Only on regtest?
[4:24 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I don't think so. The only things new are the functional test debug and a few stale updated parameters (like a new checkpoint).
[4:27 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The functional tests use regtest which is why that is relevant. The cli option was broken on raven on all mainnet/testnet/regtest and had no effect. The behavior is now closer to bitcoin's. It can't be exactly the same because bitcoin also has signet.
[4:27 PM] Jeroz: ill try to build it then and sync from scratch 🙂
[4:28 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I supplied binaries for all platforms at that link. But feel free to build yourself for fun 🙂
[4:33 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Great job, Hans 🙂 thanks for all your continued work on the project! I agree with @Jeroz on pushing out a new release with some of bug fixes/QoL improvements. This will also give us an opportunity to start rebuilding that contact list which will be essential for the P2SH (or any other) fork.
[4:36 PM] Jeroz: I actually started building. (My vacation just started) lmao
[4:37 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I picked the v4.6.0 label because people have come to expect that >=v4.7 means P2SH
[4:38 PM] Jeroz: I dont really have strong opinions about it tbh. As long as its below 5. I think something like a fork should be a "major" thing
[4:44 PM] Jeroz: Oh @Tron did you get my email? Not dev related per se, but huobi asked if you were up for doing an AMA to teach their community about mining ravencoin. I thought it could very nicely be combined with the pool idea.
[4:56 PM] Tron: I am up for the Huobi AMA.
[4:59 PM] Tron: I just replied to you, and to Huobi.
[5:17 PM] JustaResearcher: Do we have any sort of timeline for this foundation pool?
[5:20 PM] Jeroz: I assume it mostly depends on getting answers from the parties who are willing to open source for a certain compensation. And subsequently raising funds for it.
[5:25 PM] JustaResearcher: Makes sense. So we are just waiting now. I’m very interested in this, so if we hear back I’m happy to help in any way I can. Even if that just means helping with the fundraising. I have a small but mighty Twitter account haha
[5:31 PM] Starks: @kinkajou (SegWit Clique) - who are the people we need to get to open source?
[5:34 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Afaik we're waiting on a response from Traysi.
[5:34 PM] Starks: Given he is AFK, do we expect a response soon?
[5:34 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): It sounds like miningcore devs might be willing to do it for cheaper though so that's something that should be taken into consideration if that's the case. Also written in the same language(s) our existing/future core developers are familiar with
[5:35 PM] Starks: When can we approach them?
[5:35 PM] Starks: And who are the people we need to speak to there?
[5:35 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Seal Clubber already has written to them on github
[5:37 PM] Jeroz: Theres far less people able to code in cpp though
[5:39 PM] Jeroz: assuming the other is in node.js
[5:50 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): fair point. our most active devs seem to be c/cpp though. I am biased - cpp is my preferred language and I don't know JS. 0.65BTC is quite expensive though. many times more than I would think a pool should cost.
[6:05 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): ill go ahead and close the channel. we can continue in development
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Was the traitor Patrick Byrne planning on using Raven coin as the national currency when he was plotting to overthrow the United States government?
Activity: 13
have a problem mining directly to the official ravencoin wallet? Or do I have to mine straight to an exchange?
Dev Meeting Transcripts (June, 2022)

[11:50 AM] Tron: I will likely be driving during today's mtg.  I'm testing the beta of Moontree wallet.  I like it.  There were some issues with the RVN Wallet this week (see twitter).  The API feeding the RVN price to the app failed.  It looks like it is back.
[11:53 AM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll go ahead and give you an update now, then - this week I used RavenCore QT to mint some assets and then sent those out to various P2SH multisig addresses created via electrum. I then sent some from one P2SH address to another. Both times asset_audit.py passed. So it would appear to me that there is no issue with P2SH and auditability after all?
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel open!
[4:01 PM] BadGuyTy: YAY Thanks @kinkajou (SegWit Clique)!
[4:14 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Those P2SH tests were the only update I had for this week. @CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽 @BadGuyTy did either of you have something you wanted to discuss?
[4:15 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: thank you! i forgot!
[4:15 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i do actually!
[4:16 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I have been working hard to create a Gateway? an Avenue between Ravencoin Developers and other Ravencoin users!
[4:16 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: and I truly believe that RavencoinHelperOS WILL help with this.
[4:16 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: https://ravencoinhelper.com/generative-artwork-for-everyone-at-ravencoin/
[4:17 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: This project IS. (well its 80%) already Open Sourced, and the rest of it, that i have customized will be shortly, once i know things are working.
[4:18 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: Shortly Beta2, i will be releasing PoW, AND an update functionality that is based off of Debian Repository, that will allow Developers to add their projects, Both Free and Paid.
[4:18 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: it has almost everything that's needed. it has webserver / database, php, python, etc. and best of all its in LInux!
[4:18 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I'm also working on an Easier web interface for the typical person to use it.
[4:19 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: And i'm hoping i can get some Developers to work with me and others, to create a Free (or paid) Generative Artwork for Ravencoin NFTs!
[4:20 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: the Developers audience is: WinDoze, Linux, OSX & Raspberry PI 4b and up.
[4:24 PM] BadGuyTy: just thinking here but would having it dockerized also make it more accessible for the masses. that way they could spin-up or have spun-up for them a docker container that contains everything needed for the os?
[4:25 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i thought about that too! yes agreed
[4:26 PM] BadGuyTy: hmm that would be a cool project to make windows spin up docer containers automagically through a shortcut
[4:26 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'm hoping that giving this away gets all the developers talking more, and doing stuff on it, now that there is a ravencoin framework? platform to share and collaborate on.
[4:31 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah that would be nice. It is strange that for as big and active of a community as we have I would think there was more dev going on
[4:32 PM] BadGuyTy: I'm kinda scared that after the ether merge we won't see the hashrate bump I would hope for
[4:35 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'm thinking there will just be more developed apps, which leads to more stability, more usage, and more focus. this is why i'm trying hard to get it out there, so that the Dev's can start talking with each other and seeing each others work, and the users can also see it, and use it, and in return this will create a perpetual motion to get ravencoin moving in the right direction!
[4:35 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I used to manage Developers, as well as maintain networks. sooo. i know a think or two 😉
[4:36 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: and me giving "it all away' eventually will inspire others not to "fear of being used" . i know its out there for Developers. So i believe in lead by example! Namaste!
[4:37 PM] BadGuyTy: Yup thats why Squawker is out there. Fear not!
[4:38 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'm eyeing Squawker too! gonna bug him too when I get Beta 2 out!
[4:40 PM] BadGuyTy: the issue is that squawker doesn't have anything resembling an app ui.
[4:40 PM] Kai.: @papa you around.
[4:40 PM] BadGuyTy: and the dev is lazy
[4:41 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: ahhh. well that's why i'm hoping an incentive, even if its as low as 4 RVN for a paid application, will turn out to be thousands of RVN when the people start coming to use it
[4:49 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I could talk with you guys all day, and philosophize, but not feeling great right now so saying bye for now! contact me if you want to discuss anything development related and see if we can get your project, any project more attention! Namaste!
[4:49 PM] BadGuyTy: take care
[4:50 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: thanks!
[5:04 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): If there are no other items to discuss I will close the channel soon.
[5:11 PM] Someone_2: :rvn:
-----------------------------------
[5:40 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): :ah: we'll run this back next week
[7:08 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Meeting Agenda: June 17, 2022
1.) P2SH release update (Progress on failing tests, updates on asset auditability)
2.) USDO Stablecoin Proposal (USDO has been off peg for many months, community member suggests re-evaluating funding goals)
To have your item added to the agenda please ping/DM me before Friday 4PM EST.
[4:03 PM] ilaypipe: I brought to kinkajous attention the other day that usdo has been off peg for many months now and is still on the proposal list on the website. It was trading at $.68 when I checked yesterday
[4:04 PM] ilaypipe: Not sure if we can end that proposal and move funds donated there to new proposal. Just wanted the community and developers to see.
[4:06 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: i personally dont like stable coins
[4:06 PM] Baba Yaga CEO ฿: :NM_peepoWave:
[4:09 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I have mixed feelings on stablecoins as well, particularly algorithmic stablecoins, but a good number of community members have donated to this proposal so if there is a problem with OpenDAO then perhaps those funds should go towards the other stablecoin proposal or put towards a general development fund (that actually gets used).
[4:10 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: do you know if any of the functional tests are still failing?
[4:11 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I was really hoping for an update from @Tron this week. I haven't tested recently but I can't imagine there's any changes considering I haven't seen a new release
[4:15 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: I'll try and test with that PR tron mentions over the weekend... just have been really busy lately
[4:17 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I don't see any new PRs since Tron's message here: https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/482289959261175838/979846492846174270
[4:17 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/482289959261175838/944344833110192178
[4:20 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Gotcha. I'm not sure if my tests included that or not. I will rebuild from develop(?) and re-test as well
[4:20 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: yeah from develop, but youll also need to merge it to your branch
[4:23 PM] ilaypipe: I can try and run a test as well this weekend
[4:26 PM] Tron: Yes. If the USDO project isn't working,  we can end the proposal.  I made some commitments to return funds over a certain $ amount to their sending address.  Lower $  contributions can be switched.
[4:26 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: How would one go about testing the bip9 activation period change?
[4:27 PM] ilaypipe: Ok I was unsure the process that needs to be taken there. Thank you
[4:28 PM] Tron: It should've been done on the testnet.  There's no good way to test it on mainnet.  Although a few miners could run the new version to see it counting blocks.
[4:29 PM] Tron: BIP9 has been tested pretty well. I don't feel as confident with P2SH.
[4:29 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: I see
[4:30 PM] Tron: I'm still requesting for projects that need it. If anyone knows of any that are waiting, let me know.
[4:30 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Is it just the auditability or are there other concerns? Because auditing doesn't seem to be an issue.
wxRaven seems to be waiting on it
[4:31 PM] Tron: There's work (changing all nodes) and risk of unforseen issues.  If there isn't enough reward, the risk isn't worth it.
[4:33 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): We've spent over a year working on this and telling the community it was coming soon. Tens of thousands of dollars spent on the code and two separate audits. You run the risk of destroying all credibility for Ravencoin development if we're going to shelve an objectively beneficial release because after 12 months it is suddenly too risky.
[4:33 PM] Tron: I ran a test, well not really a test because I needed it.  I ran the new one with tx and address indexing on and got 0 balance back on an address w/RVN.  Might be compiler related because I'm on M1 chip.
[4:36 PM] Tron: I get that. It adds some capabilities, but nobody (that I know of) is needing it.  Every economic node must update or bad things happen.  I don't have a full list or contacts for many of them.
[4:39 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Nobody "needs" Ravencoin at all. It is an improvement on the existing system. If it's a matter of contacting people then I'm happy to work with whomever or on my own rebuilding that list, but this is a lot of money, donated by the community, for something that the (vocal minority) community clearly supports. How can you expect anyone to ever donate to the foundation or any Ravencoin development/audits again if we shelve this now? Why would a dev build a product in anticipation of a new release if the history of Ravencoin is missing deadlines? I won't even work on P2pool because I can't even get devs to rally behind segwit
[4:41 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): We just lost one of our most talented core developers (fdov) this week because of our collective failure to progress development.
[4:42 PM] Sevvy: Yep
[4:42 PM] Sevvy: Things don't look great to me and I've been a basically evergreen supporter of this project
[4:43 PM] Sevvy: Disappointed to see stagnation for audit lead to "we don't need it"
[4:43 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): two separate audits
[4:46 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Honestly, if a multi-hundred-million dollar project like Ravencoin can't push out a simple release after spending upwards of $20k and 8-12months testing and developing then we deserve to fail.
[4:47 PM] Sevvy: It isn't clear to me why we are this risk averse.
[4:48 PM] Sevvy: Who is using ravencoin today or plans to use it tomorrow that cannot tolerate a risk
[4:49 PM] WhaleStreet: Does P2SH allow for assets to be held in a multisig?
[4:49 PM] Tron: Yes it does.
[4:49 PM] WhaleStreet: Without P2SH is that not possible ?
[4:50 PM] Tron: Shamir Secret Sharing allows key splitting in any ratio. 2 of 2, 6 of 15, 2 of 3, etc.
[4:51 PM] WhaleStreet: Moontree has no concrete plans at this time, but we have discussed making it easy for users to create multisigs where multiple users can create a mulisig and then request for signing of the other signatories.
[4:51 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Also, isn't this the whole reason we increased the activation window? So we could get all the economic actors on board?
[4:53 PM] WhaleStreet: I believe this is a good use case for businesses as it would allow them to easily store their holdings without the need for cold storage.
[4:54 PM] WhaleStreet: *as an alternative to cold storage.
[4:55 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Additionally, HTLCs would allow users to exchange Ravencoin Assets directly for Bitcoin
[4:56 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): If the whole point of Ravencoin is assets idk why we'd object to more functionality/liquidity. If everything goes according to plan we are eventually going to have more assets on chain than RVN.
[4:56 PM] Tron: Have HTLCs been tested on testnet?
[4:57 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Yes @Hans_Schmidt tested them and wrote something up I'll try to find it
[4:57 PM] Tron: I'm not against activation of P2SH.  I'm just questioning the risk vs reward.
[4:58 PM] Sevvy: What is the risk precisely
[4:58 PM] WhaleStreet: Unknown Unknowns
[4:58 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): https://hans-schmidt.github.io/mastering_ravencoin/analysis/HTLC_P2SH_Cross-Chain_Atomic_Swaps_RVN-Assets_With_BTC.html
[4:59 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): That's a risk with any code update. Even the ones without a hardfork. As we have experienced firsthand.
[5:00 PM] WhaleStreet: Agreed which is why forks have to be taken very seriously and cautiously.
[5:01 PM] Tron: The chain stopping or as yet unknown bugs causing issues (a fork).  And economic actors (exchanges and swap sites) not switching when 85 or 90 percent of the hash power does.
[5:01 PM] WhaleStreet: Risk: Chain blows up
Reward: Moontree and maybe some other business can add functionality that not many will use (as of now).
[5:01 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): two separate audits
[5:02 PM] Kai.: ravencoin is an experiment though, no problem.
[5:02 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I challenge anyone here to find me a single other crypto project that has paid for two security audits for the same release.
[5:02 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Wtf we pay them for if we're still worried?
[5:02 PM] Kai.: you won't find that. lol
[5:03 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): At this pace we could've also waited for trail of bits. Might as well hop on their waitlist now
[5:04 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Let's do a third audit
[5:09 PM] Hans_Schmidt: 1) I believe that HTLC works properly with the P2SH implementation. I did one successfully, which is not an exhaustive test but encouraging
2) You don't need P2SH to do Multisig. The bitcoin CHECKMULTISIG opcode can be used to do up to 15-of-15. But it generates larger transactions than P2SH which therefore have higher fees. P2SH is really only needed for cross-chain atomic swaps of assets.
3) The community has done some testing of P2SH. But I'm not sure that it could be called rigorous by strict software testing methodology yardsticks. The security audits really only look at security and are fairly irrelevant to functionality. And if unintended functionality results in security side-effects, that's a grey area that I doubt they would find.
4) Nothing is risk-free.
[5:11 PM] Tron: If 4.7 is better UI and works as well or better (under current consensus rules) we could release it with a long activation window and reasonably high activation threshold get more usage on mainnet.
[5:14 PM] Tron: If there is a strong uptake by miners, there would need to be a concerted all-hands effort to get the economic actors notified and updated.
[5:15 PM] Tron: Exchanges that don't update can lose their shirts as pre-fork (duplicate) RVN is sold for real whatever.
[5:19 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): We can start working on that now. Can also do more extensive testing on P2SH. I've been doing everything manually which is slow but theoretically shouldn't be too hard to build a test harness (though I've no experience with that either aside from schoolwork). Do we have a list of exchanges/other economic actors we've lost contact with?
[5:22 PM] Tron: I think I have a list from a previous round of notifications.  I lost access to some resources in the move from Medici to the foundation.  I'll search for it and let you know.
[5:24 PM] LSJI07: Once the release is out, the community can get behind something and actually make a choice and educate people more ond the decision. For P2SH or against and if against running and keeping the older version without P2SH.
[5:24 PM] Sevvy: Not to detail this like of conversation but is there any progress with bittrex
[5:25 PM] LSJI07: What is the current activation threshold? Are we happy with it.
[5:26 PM] LSJI07: Im happy with 75 percent and over.
[5:26 PM] Sevvy: Probably needs to be closer to 90 or above for something like this
[5:28 PM] Sevvy: What did taproot demand
[5:29 PM] LSJI07: I'm happy with 90. Thing is it only takes one miner with 10 percent of the hash to stop it. That said. Im patient.
[5:29 PM] Sevvy: Hey what's another 18 months
[5:29 PM] Sevvy: 😬
[5:29 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I believe we just raised it from 70% to 80% when we increased the activation time from 2016 to 20160
[5:30 PM] Sevvy: Asset layer demanded 90
[5:30 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): this is a much smaller change. we're just adding something for assets that RVN already has and honestly should already have been in place IMO
[5:31 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1124/files
[5:32 PM] WhaleStreet: Really important. If we can't get them to update/fix their node now, I'm not convinced we will be able to get them ready in time for a fork.
[5:33 PM] Mango Farm: 4.7 (or 8, not sure which) fixed a rawtransaction asset memo bug that was stripping the back part of the output.  Not a major issue for us (we built an API around the experimental release for asset memo sends only), but wanted to note that there are some functional improvements in the new releases that are important, in addition to GUI improvements.
[5:34 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Didn't 4.8 solve the sync issue many were experiencing as well?
[5:35 PM] Mango Farm: Yes but I don't think the sync issue exists in the production release, I think that was a bugfix for something introduced in 4.7.  I could be wrong.  Hans would know.
[5:35 PM] Tron: Is that rawtransaction change compatible with the current consensus rules?
[5:36 PM] Mango Farm: I assume so, since it's not p2SH dependent.  Just a bug in asset memo send raw transactions.
[5:37 PM] LSJI07: If it gets accepted during the voting period of circa 1 month, it will be another month afterwards approx before the hardfork will lockin to buy slow economic actors time to update. I think 2 months is more than sufficent and its possible they will have longer if it doesnt pass the first cycle etc etc.
[5:39 PM] Mango Farm: @Tron I think this was the one - https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1113
[5:39 PM] Jeroz: I have the 4.2 list
[5:39 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The testnet sync issue was a bug in the handling of cache of restricted asset qualifiers. It is present in all previous versions of core including v4.3.2.1 and mainnet. We probably haven't seen it because it requires that you do some fairly odd things.
[5:39 PM] Mango Farm: 👍
[5:41 PM] LSJI07: We would never do odd things while working on our favorite cutting edge experimental project. 😂
[5:42 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The rawtransaction bug iirc was a bug which prevented core from generating the transactions correctly in those cases. But it didn't change consensus or prevent you from hand-assembling the transaction or writing code which could.
[5:45 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Well they have to be odd and (un)lucky enough to hit the cache in a certain sequence. Rather esoteric.
[6:52 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll go ahead and close the channel. Great meeting! Thanks for coming, everyone
[4:06 PM] Tron: Hi all.
[4:07 PM] Tron: I guess last week’s chat sparked some conversation.
[4:08 PM] Tron: I agreed to do a Twitter Spaces by Morgan at 3pm ET on Wednesday the 29th.
[4:14 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): And I took a look at the contact list you sent. I sent you a message because I couldn't see revision history to gauge how old these entries were but after speaking with Jeroz and looking at some of the contacts/deprecated projects I'm assuming it's entirely old stuff so I will get to updating the list using the CMC/coingecko/whattomine APIs.
If anyone knows of any additional resources I could use to compile a list of all current RVN exchanges/pools please ping/DM me. I think there are quite a few smaller pools not listed on whattomine I need to track down.
[4:17 PM] Tron: Take a look at CoinMarketCap.com for RVN markets.  It is most important that we get exchanges.  Most of the swap sites rely on the exchanges.
[4:18 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Right, that's what I was referring to with "CMC". Sorry, should've been more clear
[4:26 PM] Mango Farm: I updated the list of pools on the insight explorer about a year ago - some on this list are still current but there are a number of unknowns.  In case it helps. https://explorer.mangofarmassets.com/pools
[4:27 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'm sure it will, thank you!!
[4:27 PM] Mango Farm: 👍
[5:27 PM] Jeroz: Im actually in contact with CMC. Seems they are willing to work with me to update the explorer api endpoint.
I am discussing with Unclear to work some last kinks out and make sure the explorer numbers also fully reflect the numbers that are reported by the node itself.
[6:26 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll close the channel now. Thanks for coming everyone
Activity: 39
Merit: 13
I have an announcement for the RVN community

Local RVN wallet added to Qortal trading portal
Also added trading pair Qort / RVN

visit us and evaluate the Qortal platform

https://qortal.org/

See you in Qortal !!!!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Any ideas when RavenCoin will be back on the exchanges for trading?

What do you mean will be back on the exchanges for trading? from what I see RavenCoin (RVN) already listed on several popular exchanges including Binance
It's just that the price is currently falling almost to its lowest point but it's normal because it's not just Ravencoin, other coins are experiencing it too
If you are part of the community then this is the right time to buy right?

I was wondering about Bittrex.

Including Bittrex is also available BTC-RVN more than 50 markets available for you  please choose which one you like the most  Coinmarketcap
If you bought RVN yesterday then today you have made 8% profit not bad easy money right Cheesy why the price still cheap even though it is supported by big markets  Huh

The Bittrex wallet is in maint mode, you can't deposit.  I have have one in limbo for 3 weeks.

Yes - this was brought up at the last developer meeting (near the end of my previous transcript post).

Tron Black has been in contact with the exchange. He provided them the requested information. As of May 27th, the wallet was still offline so he reached out a second time via their shared slack channel and offered further assistance.

At last update he had not yet heard back from them the second time (before the long weekend) - though I'm sure it will come up at this Friday's meeting if it is not resolved by then.

Thanks!!!

What do you mean will be back on the exchanges for trading? from what I see RavenCoin (RVN) already listed on several popular exchanges including Binance
It's just that the price is currently falling almost to its lowest point but it's normal because it's not just Ravencoin, other coins are experiencing it too

Including Bittrex is also available BTC-RVN more than 50 markets available for you  please choose which one you like the most  Coinmarketcap
If you bought RVN yesterday then today you have made 8% profit not bad easy money right Cheesy why the price still cheap even though it is supported by big markets  Huh

The Bittrex wallet is in maint mode, you can't deposit.  I have have one in limbo for 3 weeks.

Yes - this was brought up at the last developer meeting (near the end of my previous transcript post).

Tron Black has been in contact with the exchange. He provided them the requested information. As of May 27th, the wallet was still offline so he reached out a second time via their shared slack channel and offered further assistance.

At last update he had not yet heard back from them the second time (before the long weekend) - though I'm sure it will come up at this Friday's meeting if it is not resolved by then.

legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 268
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
lmao keep dreamin with this shitcoin trash
legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 268
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Dev Meeting Transcripts (May, 2022)

[4:08 PM] CryptoLifeCrisis: Any devs doing dev stuff? 😛
[4:11 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: Well, I am developing a Ravencoin Framework, over at: https://ravencoinhelper.com/
[4:11 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: its up, and running, and people are using it. I have put it into Beta for others to get involved...
[4:16 PM] JustaResearcher: Would really love to get segwit integrated into RVN. Would be nice to get an idea of how much that would cost.
[4:19 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Same. If any of our @Core Developer have a rough estimation it would probably be easier to start crowdfunding. Perhaps we could get a funding proposal page on the foundation site like we did for the stablecoins. An issue was created a while back: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/issues/979
[4:25 PM] Nonprophete: Per the previous post from Hans it appears the sync bug is now finally fixed so I'm curious when is P2SH going live onto the chain?
[4:26 PM] Nonprophete: any ETA?
[4:26 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Tron was working on those 6 failing tests not sure if he is around to give us a progress update this week?
[4:26 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think that is the only thing holding up release.
[4:28 PM] α | crypticwizardry.com: Working on those pool scripts lol
[4:28 PM] α | crypticwizardry.com: Finals ended yesterday, so free to begin that and plunging into mineable assets
[4:29 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: WooHoo! more burning of the midnight oil i bet!
[4:53 PM] Seal Clubber: Segwit would be cool with p2pool, great for having more nodes running
[4:56 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I'd like to know if anyone has a library for creating a new address, without? booting up ravend?
[4:57 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I'll be tying up the ipfs PeerID with a RVN address right when a user starts https://ravencoinhelper.com/ up for the first time.. so I can tie them both in with the Token I will be giving them: 1 Token every 24hr. PoW...
[5:35 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: What i am currently doing is this:
[5:35 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: * creating the basic "files" that ravend starts for the first time, BUT, delete the wallet.dat  then -> tar them up.
[5:36 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: * on first run of ravencoinhelper.com I untar the basic files.
[5:36 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: * systemctl --now enable ravend (which also re-creates the wallet.cat) so that it is UNIQUE.
[5:37 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: then do a raven-cli getnewaddress to a file.
[5:37 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: this and the IPFS PeerID gets sent via scp (private/public key) to the server, including an email address IF the user wants to send it for notifications...
[5:37 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: server side parses both bits of data...
[5:38 PM] Seal Clubber: You could lookup how the paper wallets generate them
[5:38 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I "feel" there is a better way to generate a RVN address than what i have right now. anyone know of a way?
[5:38 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: oh? got a link?
[6:03 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): https://github.com/RavenCommunity/pocketraven
[6:20 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: ok cool. i'll check out that link
[6:20 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: thank you!
[7:30 PM] LSJI07: I aint gonna lie. Sometimes just ask the user for the rvn address they want to use. Keep it simple.
[8:42 PM] BadGuyTy: is there a reason dev meetings is still open. been sick all afternoon just getting to my chair now.
[8:46 PM] BadGuyTy: I just use the address they send their message from 🙂
[8:54 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Yes, we've been waiting for you.
[8:55 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Or hoping a core dev might have something to add in regards to SegWit/those failing tests but I guess they can post when channel is locked so I'll close it now.
----------
[1:12 PM] Tron: I will not make it for today's dev mtg - on a flight.
[4:02 PM] Blockchain John: @BadGuyTy Dev Meeting started.
[4:02 PM] BadGuyTy: thanks
[4:05 PM] Blockchain John: What's on the agenda? @kinkajou (SegWit Clique)
[4:06 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Only item I had was hoping for an update on those failing tests but Tron is not present and he was the one working on that
[4:06 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Does anyone have anything else theyd like to discuss?
[4:06 PM] LSJI07: QC
[4:06 PM] BadGuyTy: I would just like to complain about the low understanding of blockchain and wasted my time this morning with no real discussion on web3
[4:06 PM] LSJI07: 🤣
[4:07 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'm watching 😄
[4:08 PM] Blockchain John: I'm hearing alot of talk about pRVN in Twitter. Have you guys been keeping up in the development?
[4:10 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @CryptoLifeCrisis has taken it upon himself to get that bridge back up. I'm interested in helping as well. We both agree that the ability to bridge RVN NFT's to a metamask-compatible smart-chain would be huge for Ravencoin adoption.
[4:13 PM] BadGuyTy: I am trying to actually build a ravencoin metamask esk extension
[4:14 PM] BadGuyTy: it looks like moontree won't initially have that so I am implementing it immediately after I implement a rip11 decryption plugin.
[4:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): That would be huge for Ravencoin as well. Anything to increase usability. Also opens up a lot of web3 potential for token-based authentication/authorization. Isn't squawker currently using some version of this as well?
[4:16 PM] BadGuyTy: I think that that is what is needed for squawker to take off
[4:17 PM] BadGuyTy: yes squawker has wallet signing to login
[4:18 PM] BadGuyTy: the squawker api can actually handle that back end for you
[4:19 PM] BadGuyTy: I know synth has expressed interest in using it and think has started some projects with it
[4:20 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): If I can use it from my browser I will definitely start squawking
[4:21 PM] BadGuyTy: well right now it is all browser based but needs the wallet signatures
[4:21 PM] BadGuyTy: hoping to be able to tie into moontree for the signing
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): yes manual signing is very tedious
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): and confusing for novice users
[4:22 PM] BadGuyTy: I think my guide isn't horrible
[4:22 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Absolutely not! I'm js most people wont take the time to look for a guide
[4:22 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): theyll look at the app and if they cant figure it out theyll close the browser
[4:22 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): at least thats my impression
[4:22 PM] Blockchain John: Any instructional videos available to learn how to use squeaker?
[4:23 PM] BadGuyTy: my guide is on the side of the site.
[4:23 PM] BadGuyTy: just txt and photos
[4:24 PM] BadGuyTy: https://squawker.app/
[4:26 PM] BadGuyTy: I do need to do some instructional videos but I think getting an in browser wallet will eliminate that barrier
[4:28 PM] BadGuyTy: just not enough time to carry it myself
[4:28 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): maybe you could post a bounty here in the discord!
[4:29 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): general-bounties coding-and-testing-bounties volunteers-needed
[4:29 PM] BadGuyTy: bounty? I aint got that kinda money. If I did I would quit my job and go all ham on it
[4:30 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Bounty rewards can also be NFTs, or you could post a volunteer bounty
[4:32 PM] BadGuyTy: I got the block_chaingang nfts but they wouldn't even sell for 100 rvn
[4:33 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I've done a lot more for a lot less 😅 someone might pick it up. Just know that you have a resource available to request community assistance if you choose 🙂
[4:35 PM] BadGuyTy: I'm hoping once I get the rip11 decode done I get picked up as a dev for a blockchain project
[4:42 PM] Blockchain John: I recently downloaded the entire Blockchain QT fully loaded. 50GB. Now that I have it, I want to tinker with some additional commands.
Any suggestions?
[4:46 PM] BadGuyTy: I gotta go get the kids but @Blockchain John I would play with finding a decoding txs personally
[4:52 PM] Blockchain John: What I really want to do is get some help creating a IPFS NODE to store all the NFT/Assets images, video, sounds, text. It's sad to see that many assets/coins) NFTs are missing images.
[4:53 PM] M4R1M0: @CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽 is your guy for that! Check out https://ravencoinhelper.com/ravencoinhelper-for-windows-10/
[4:55 PM] Blockchain John: It's not currently functional.
[4:57 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): :soontm:
[4:59 PM] Blockchain John: We should definitely have much more RVN IPFS NODES.
[4:59 PM] Blockchain John: As the network grows we need to support IPFS PEERS
[5:02 PM] LSJI07: You could use this script to add new hashes to your ipfs node from your ravencoin node.
[5:02 PM] LSJI07: https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/blob/master/assets/tools/txfacts.py
[5:03 PM] LSJI07: Cosmics helper virtual machine and RavenlandsOS are easier imo, but the option is there.
[5:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Blockchain John I'm using @CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽 's RavencoinHelperOS on Windows now. Which part isn't working?
[5:28 PM] LSJI07: Im using the helper on windows as well at the moment. Working for me.
[5:58 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll go ahead and close the channel. Can continue discussion in development
Thanks for coming, everyone
----------
[4:15 PM] BadGuyTy: any updates on the new version?
[4:15 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Tron have you made any progress?
[4:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Also appears Bittrex is having issues with their node. It has been down for a few weeks now.
[4:16 PM] BadGuyTy: really how does your node go down for a few weeks?
[4:16 PM] Mango Farm: See Haxmat’s note in the development channel
[4:16 PM] BadGuyTy: especially with an active discord
[4:17 PM] Tron: I've emailed Bittrex, but have not heard back.  Many of the original contacts I had with exchanges were lost when I lost access to my Medici Venture e-mail.
[4:18 PM] Mango Farm: @haxmat can you let tron know the contact that reached out to you?
[4:18 PM] Tron: So, I'm reliant on the public info.  I e-mailed [email protected] on May 10th and still no response.  I offered to help them, or at least to understand the problem.
[4:19 PM] Tron: @haxmat Please DM me or e-mail me [email protected] with the right contact info.
[4:19 PM] Mango Farm: Tron - https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/429133749867905024/977259619770568704
[4:21 PM] BadGuyTy: hmm so new release version?
[4:24 PM] Tron: We need to think about P2SH in the context of audit-ability of assets.
[4:24 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: I am in contact with bittrex, if you want me to patch you thru
[4:24 PM] Tron: As it stands now, the assets issued will always match assets in addresses.
[4:24 PM] Tron: Yes, please.  Preferably to [email protected].
[4:25 PM] BadGuyTy: but you are thinking that with p2sh that we might have a situation where they build or want a multisig address?
[4:25 PM] Tron: With P2SH, the script is hidden, and only the hash of the script is on-chain until the script and script solution are published.
[4:26 PM] Tron: As it is now, the system can make some guarantees that are useful.
[4:27 PM] Tron: 1000 shares issued, and 1000 shares are in X number of addresses.
[4:27 PM] Tron: There's an audit script that will check this integrity.
[4:27 PM] Tron: --------------------
[4:28 PM] Tron: Does anyone know of anyone that is waiting for P2SH to do their project?
[4:28 PM] BadGuyTy: but with the p2sh you can't guarentee it until after the solution is know which means we might need some safeguards around solutions getting pulled from the mempool that while valid are invalid from restricted asset protections?
[4:29 PM] BadGuyTy: I was going to go that route (p2sh) but went with send by proxy where you just have to have the info signed from the wallet
[4:29 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): There has been a lot of interest in the ability to utilize cross-chain atomic swaps with Ravencoin Assets
[4:31 PM] BadGuyTy: That is the main use case that I have seen too
[4:31 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Could the issue be prevented if regulatory compliant projects simply don't issue qualifier tags to multisig addresses?
[4:32 PM] BadGuyTy: that is a very good restriction
[4:32 PM] BadGuyTy: and if its for regulatory compliance its a completely reasonable request to keep everything in the open
[4:36 PM] Mango Farm: Not us but there is some unreleased code unrelated to P2SH including bug fixes that we do use that has been waiting on the next release.  Asset memo raw transactions won’t build in the current production release.  We have a special api that uses Fdov’s fix from a couple of months back but things like that seem to be waiting on the big P2SH roll.
[4:37 PM] BadGuyTy: oh hey that was the bug I found
[4:37 PM] Mango Farm: Nice
[4:37 PM] Mango Farm: Well thank you it was the thing that kept us from putting memos on assets
[4:38 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah the code was completely commented out. I was trying to learn raw txs for squawker and it just wasn't working
[4:38 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: thanks @kinkajou (SegWit Clique) !
[4:39 PM] Tron: I guess what I'm trying to convey is that we have a trade-off.  We currently have auditable assets, which seems very valuable.  We may have to sacrifice that for P2SH, and it may or may not be worth it if there aren't projects needing P2SH.  The other fixes can be done independent of P2SH.
[4:40 PM] BadGuyTy: Well what would be the down side of not allowing p2sh for restricted assets
[4:41 PM] Mango Farm: Tron - I wonder if it would be possible to solve that trade off by allowing issuers, at the time of original issuance, to restrict assets to only pubkey hashes - sort of like restricted assets but more generalized to all addresses (but only addresses).  Anyway that sprung to mind but it’s a whole thing.
[4:41 PM] Tron: Second question.  Since you @Mango Farm are using the fixes on the current chain, those fixes are not consensus impacting and could be used now.
[4:42 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Can this not already be achieved with restricted assets and qualifiers?
[4:42 PM] Mango Farm: Exactly - we’ve got them running on a separate API just for memo txs.  All good it’s just not the easiest for others who might want to do the same with asset memos.  We are good for now Tron.
[4:43 PM] BadGuyTy: the issue is that you don't know exactly where everything truely is that is behind a p2sh contract
[4:43 PM] Mango Farm: Probably but thinking more like a “one click” restriction that restricts to all possible addresses (p2pkh) without the need for a tag.
[4:43 PM] Tron: P2SH doesn't just impact Restricted Assets.  The audit-ability of all assets would be impacted.  With just pay-to-pub-key we can make sure that inputs = outputs for assets.
[4:43 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Right but it's easy enough to tell if an address is P2PKH, no?
[4:43 PM] BadGuyTy: completely blocks squawker from raw tx
[4:43 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Agreed this would be better.
[4:44 PM] BadGuyTy: the thing is that a p2sh could actually be bound for a p2pkh address
[4:44 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'm just not so worried about the auditability of regular assets since projects aiming to be regulatory compliant will likely have to use restricted assets/tags anyway.
[4:45 PM] Mango Farm: Tron your point is a pretty important one, especially since the genesis of Ravencoin had something to do with the Dole Foods auditability issue.  It’s sort of the core of the whole thing.
[4:45 PM] Mango Farm: Point ☝️
[4:47 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah if you have a regular asset you should not be trying to keep it auditable. Restricted assets are easy enough to build and manage.
[4:49 PM] Tron: I know this is a limited sample size, but does everyone here think it is worth giving up asset audit-ability (gurantee of all issued = sum of all in addresses) in exchange for P2SH?
[4:50 PM] BadGuyTy: well how would you differ that number? the assets can't just disapear
[4:51 PM] BadGuyTy: i guess they would be sitting at some unknown utxo
[4:51 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I'd like to make a request please? i'm working with a few others in having clustered Ravencoin IPFS servers. at least 3 of them. and I was wondering if anyone has a list of "dead" ipfs hashes of the ravencoin blockchain?
[4:52 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'd like to explore something like @Mango Farm proposed first. A "check box" to allow for P2SH would be ideal.
I do think having the ability to swap Ravencoin Assets for Bitcoin without a trusted third party is perhaps equally important as auditability.
[4:52 PM] Mango Farm: Tron - You would still be able to verify the total supply issued, right?  And the script a given quantity is locked to.  You wouldn’t be able to tie each asset to an address, but you would be able to tie all assets to an on-chain script.
[4:52 PM] BadGuyTy: would the p2sh break things like dividends assuming they were trying to send them to non resricted assets
[4:53 PM] Mango Farm: Yes I have this
[4:53 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah not all addresses but all utxos
[4:54 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i know you do. but your so busy! didn't want to bug you anymore
[4:54 PM] Mango Farm: It’s no bother.
[4:54 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: oh sweet, thank you!
[4:54 PM] Tron: I don't know if this has been tested.
[4:54 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: and peering of course... as agreed! I honestly don't like the clustering mode..
[4:55 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: ravencoinhelper.com uses the peering, BUT, also limits the size of the ravencoin asset, and the diskspace the ipfs server can have.
[4:58 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think a lot of people have been waiting on P2SH for over a year now and it has obvious benefits. I don't like the idea of simply tossing it out because it might cause problems in the future - so long as these problems can be avoided by utilizing Ravencoin's other tools. Which it seems like they can.
[5:00 PM] Morgan:
[5:00 PM] Morgan: This goes all over my head here but i just wanted to hop in and say Thank you to everyone working on development!
[5:02 PM] Seal Clubber: I would like to thank kral and hans for allowing us to mine testnet witout relying on closed source options Cheesy
https://github.com/kralverde/ravencoin-stratum-proxy
https://github.com/hans-schmidt/kawpow_personal_stratum_server
[5:07 PM] BadGuyTy: ok so we should make a test for p2sh dividends in testnet.

could you use the same script as the current utxo has? If it is going to evaluate the same that should be fine right?
[5:07 PM] BadGuyTy: have the other failure cases been resolved?
[5:09 PM] Tron: At least we should understand how a P2SH transaction impacts the audit (sum of assets), and how it reports for dividend purposes.
[5:10 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Core Tester if any of you are available to help test this week it would be appreciated :rvn_heart_2:
[5:11 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'll say it for myself. i'm saying.. NA. only because #1 out of a bit of ignorance, and #2 "not being able to see" before hand. reminds me of contracts. and all the scams that come with it, and the black eyes that the coin gets from it... just.. putting it out there as its not being said.
[5:11 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: I reserve the right to be partially ignorant 😛
[5:12 PM] Mango Farm: @CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽 https://ravencoinipfs-gateway.com/ipfs/QmVFT2WGX9q2j5Xd6Ly4biBhE3p1GZWd7KbDaHXjQYrzSM 👈  run a recursive pin on that and sort out anything that pins it's been a minute since I went back over the whole thing to see if anything has since been found.  There may be a handful.
[5:13 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think you owe it to yourself to dig into the issue a bit more since it impacts a consensus level change that we've already paid for and spent a year testing
[5:13 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: @Mango Farm thank you i got it! I really appreciate it, and YOU..
[5:13 PM] Mango Farm: 👍  any time
[5:14 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: @kinkajou (SegWit Clique)  ok. i will.
[5:14 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: i'm slowly getting there 😛
[5:17 PM] Mango Farm: This is outstanding.  I didn't know about these.  Thank you both!
[5:17 PM] BadGuyTy: I think if we know the full effects that it is going to have and make restricted asset holders aware of those risks and restrictions it will be fine.
[5:18 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Perhaps if RavenCore issued a warning before assigning a qualifier asset to a non-P2PKH address?
[5:18 PM] BadGuyTy: I would offer to test it more myself but I am having a hard enough time getting out what I want to get out let alone that it looks like I will be writing a js provider class for ravencoin also
[5:19 PM] BadGuyTy: how many of those that are using p2sh assets are going to be submitting them through ravencore and not just submitting them to the mempool as raw txs
[5:20 PM] BadGuyTy: @Mango Farm  if you tell me you have a js provider class like metamask I will love you forever
[5:23 PM] BadGuyTy: What I really want is to get paid to write it if it isn't there already.
[5:24 PM] CosmicDruid 🅁🅅🄽: hey, when I make ravencoinhelperOS PoW with both client side AND serverside info put into github, could I get something from the foundation?
[5:25 PM] BadGuyTy: I'm not holding out hope for squawker on getting foundation money
[5:26 PM] Mango Farm: Sorry, Ty - no it's all in-house currently.  It's something we have wanted to do.
[5:27 PM] Mango Farm: So many days, so little time!
[5:27 PM] BadGuyTy: I don't mind in house as long as im in the house in question.
[5:28 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I think the foundation supports RavenCore development but I know they host bounties for other development like the stablecoin proposals
[5:28 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Idk we have two members in here don't we? 😆
[5:30 PM] BadGuyTy: can we get a bounty for a js provider? I would chip in a few grand raven towards that one
[5:31 PM] Mango Farm: Don't know if Tron is still in.  Here you go ... https://ravencoin.foundation/proposals
[5:32 PM] Mango Farm: email him @ the address linked
[5:34 PM] BadGuyTy: oh dang! minable assets is 10K
[5:36 PM] Tron: The foundation can help with proposals/grants.  It exists to support the ecosystem.  I does not have a regular source of funds and was not funded via ICO.  If there is a proposal and a will for participants to fund it, the foundation can help.  There are two stablecoin proposals now, and a bounty.
[5:36 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Are you still president of the foundation?
[5:37 PM] BadGuyTy: last week when we met he introduced that way.
[5:38 PM] BadGuyTy: wow it has been a long week.
[5:38 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I was just wondering because of Mango's comment just now https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/482289959261175838/977322711644782632
[5:38 PM] Mango Farm: Sorry guys I meant that I didn't know if Tron was still in the channel
[5:38 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): OHHHH lol phew
[5:38 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): had a bit of an internal panic there
[5:38 PM] BadGuyTy: thats the way i read it
[5:38 PM] Mango Farm: I didn't want to step on him since yes he is the president
[5:38 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): My mistake.
[5:39 PM] Mango Farm: Sorry for the confusion I've got a couple screens up : )
[5:40 PM] Mango Farm: I just didn't want to jump in and respond if he was about to but then figured after a minute I'd drop his email for proposals.
[5:46 PM] Tron: Yes.  Still President (unpaid in 2022).  Because the Ravencoin Foundation is voluntarily supported, I want the original funds provided by Medici Ventures to continue to support nodes, monitoring, e-mail, etc.  New projects/proposals/grants will be financially supported by the community on a project-by-project basis.  I make myself available for things like the Bittrex node support, or helping to educate about Ravencoin and assets.
[5:52 PM] BadGuyTy: ok well this week I hope to have squawker seo on google finally and the I will try to get started on the js provider was working on a rip11 in browser decoder but as it seems that moontree won't be releasing with a provider I will be making one for them I guess,,, @Mango Farm would be happy to also have it work with your wallet if you have a list of endpoints to call for each of the needed actions.
[5:54 PM] Mango Farm: That's great Ty.  We ditched the RIP11 interface in the last update and haven't added it back yet.  The UX we had was wonky and I wanted to refine it before adding it back.  Definitely would like to work with you on this.
[5:54 PM] Mango Farm: First up is our new UI refresh (which is pretty cool), then finally Ice Wallet out, then we will have time.
[5:55 PM] Mango Farm: AlphaBeat helped a lot with the starting point for a really nice UI for what we can finally call Mango 1.0 coming out in the next couple of weeks
[5:57 PM] Mango Farm: It's awesome for me to see someone integrating RIP11.  Really happy you are doing that.
[6:18 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah i mean its where the use case of squawker really takes off. i mean messaging is nice and all but buying and selling digital stuff thats money making tech right there
[6:46 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Channel closed. Great meeting, thanks for coming everyone.
----------
[4:06 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @Tron were you able to get in touch with Bittrex at all?
[4:12 PM] Seal Clubber: Yeah they are down for like 4weeks now
[4:17 PM] Tron: Yes.  I have an open Slack channel with them now.  I sent them the information they need.  They thanked me.   That was on May 20th.  I have not heard anything since.  I just verified that Deposit/Withdraw is still inactive.  I asked (via the Slack channel) if there is something wrong, or if there is something I can do to help.
[4:19 PM] Seal Clubber: Thankyou
[4:27 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Yes, thank you @Tron !
Has there been any more discussion with regards to P2SH? I know we don't have much of the community in here but I think it's highly preferable to see if there is a compliant workaround to the auditability issue.
[4:31 PM] Tron: I haven't done anything this week on it.  I'm working on Foundation taxes.  Mining donations are great, but they came in so many small transactions at so many different times, that I need to write some scripts to be able to convert the information into usable info for the 990 tax form.
[4:35 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Is there anything that we community members can do to help test this? Just trying to get an idea of what exactly is needed to determine the viability of a proposed solution. Is it a matter of having the entire supply auditable? Or is it a matter of matching the supply to a specific address? A combination of both or would one suffice? Compliance can be quite confusing I guess I'm just not sure what exactly would merit a workable solution
[4:39 PM] Someone_2: Was LSJ10 something's solution viable?  He posted something but I don't know that it was 'sanity' checked.
[4:40 PM] Tron: To test it, use Testnet with P2SH activated, create an asset, then send some of that asset to P2SH transaction.  Then either use the audit script in https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/blob/master/assets/tools/asset_audit.py to see if the asset passes the audit.  And/or use the rewards RPC calls to make sure it accounts for all the assets, and that the P2SH ones aren't unaccounted for.  And check the asset explorers to see if the amount in various addresses add up to 100% of the issued asset qty.
[4:42 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): @LSJI07 ? Link to the proposed solution? I must have missed it
[4:43 PM] Someone_2: It was basically a logic check.  I'm not easily finding the post.  It wasn't a link.  The main concept was to differentiate things against P2SH by noting the multisig aspect.  Meaning, if it's multisig, it's P2SH.  I wasn't entirely sure what was meant, it was kind of messy.
[4:44 PM] Someone_2: I think I'mf inally grasping the main issue better however.  the problem is to make sure that the P2SH stuff is accounted for in an audit.
[4:48 PM] Tron: The trick with P2SH is that it could be anything - you could not know that it is a multisig.  The transaction COULD be multisig -- you can only see the hash of the script - not the script itself.
[5:28 PM] Blockchain John: @kinkajou (SegWit Clique) Channel is still open.
[5:37 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Going to close the channel now. If any @Core Tester are available to help with testing P2SH (https://discord.com/channels/429127343165145089/482289959261175838/979846492846174270) this week DM or ping me in testnet
legendary
Dev Meeting Transcripts (April, 2022)

[4:03 PM] Tron: Thanks kinkajou (SegWit Clique) for opening the channel each week.
[4:05 PM] Tron: I'm still working on the 6 failing tests.   It is related to the P2SH changes, and the IsStandardTx function.  I can easily fix the tests to not error, but I want to understand the ramifications of IsStandardTx function failing before making changes.
[4:07 PM] Tron: 1 of the tests is failing as "dust", and the other with "scriptpubkey".  It might be as simple as adding a type for P2SH, but that might also have knock-on effects to allow a transaction type that we shouldn't allow.
[4:08 PM] Tron: These are the tests that are failing:
[4:08 PM] Tron: feature_fee_estimation.py
feature_maxuploadtarget.py
mempool_limit.py
mining_prioritisetransaction.py
wallet_basic.py
rpc_addressindex.py
[4:13 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Same failures myself and ilaypipe got.
Can we look at merging 1184 to develop if it has been reviewed? https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/pull/1184#issuecomment-1076532365
It seems to be the source of a lot of issues on the testnet
[4:14 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): There's also been some talk about adding kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸 as a core developer in ravenqt-sig-working perhaps he should have permissions?
[4:14 PM] Hans_Schmidt: FYI, I changed the way nonstandard txns work on testnet in PR#1048.
Previously, the chains rejected nonstandard transactions according to=> mainnet:true, testnet:false, regtest:false
The "-acceptnonstdtxn" CLI switch option was broken and had no effect.
After the PR, all chains default to rejecting nonstandard transactions, while allowing the "-acceptnonstdtxn" switch to change that behavior on testnet and regtest (but not mainnet).
[4:40 PM] LSJI07: One dev meeting starts and suddenly there is like a few new miners on testnet. Welcome! 😋
[4:42 PM] Tron: Merged 1184
[4:44 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Thanks!
[5:40 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll go ahead and close the channel then. Thanks everyone for coming!
-------------------------------------
[4:00 PM] BadGuyTy: yay
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Hello, channel should be open.
[4:01 PM] BadGuyTy: ok whats the stats of the bugs I want this release out the door so I can push through the mineable assets
[4:02 PM] BadGuyTy: How much C++ am I going to have to learn to get this done?
[4:03 PM] Someone_2: well there's also the hash header bug or whatever they're call it that was come across.
[4:03 PM] Someone_2: it was snagged/discovered on the testnet
[4:03 PM] BadGuyTy: I had to go dig through java earlier this week to find a stupid setting because the local devs couldn't be bothered to figure out the issue them selves
[4:04 PM] Someone_2: kind of a recap of last weeks meeting, Tron's invstigating why the python tests failed and wanted to investigate it further because it involves consensus code.
[4:06 PM] Tron: Quite a bit.  Also a good understanding of the format of the coinbase, tranasactions, and the UTXO model.  Also, some python to add functional tests.
[4:06 PM] LSJI07: Hi.
[4:07 PM] BadGuyTy: I got python down
[4:07 PM] Tron: Still working on the tests.  Last week was very busy.
[4:07 PM] BadGuyTy: yeah I had to actually go into the office 😲  this week
[4:07 PM] Tron: The Blockchain Law Alliance site launched: https://roundtable.io/blockchain-law-alliance/
Blockchain Law Alliance
Blockchain Law Alliance
News and thoughtful analysis on blockchain regulations and their impact.
[4:08 PM] BadGuyTy: nice we need some sensible laws
[4:09 PM] Tron: We should be able to get it in front of a few US Senators (Lummis, and Lee at a minimum).
[4:10 PM] BadGuyTy: the other day Romney tried to tell me crypto was still a tool for criminals 🤦
[4:12 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Crypto is for everyone.
[4:12 PM] Tron: Point him to this site.  It will help correct these types of misunderstandings.
[4:13 PM] Tron: Utah is in pretty good shape for crypto.  There's already discussion of being able to pay for state services and taxes in crypto. It's some of the other states' Senators that need more education.
[4:13 PM] BadGuyTy: Anyways so to get this release out the door we need to figure out why those 6 python tests were failing
[4:14 PM] Tron: I'm on the Executive Board of the recently formed Utah Blockchain Coalition.  https://www.utahblockchain.org/
www.utahblockchain.org
piperhillconsulting
Home Page | www.utahblockchain.org
Utah Blockchain Coalition. A collective of industry partners and individuals working together to establish Utah as a leader in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. About Utah Blockchain Coalition The Utah Blockchain Coalition is a collective of industry partners and individuals working together to est ...
[4:15 PM] BadGuyTy: I'm not good at coding  (non python languages) but finding bugs and digging through code I do well
[4:15 PM] Someone_2: any news on the header hash issue on testnet?  I know people have been using the invalid and reconsier commands.  I never got it to work, kept crapping out.
[4:16 PM] Someone_2: (maybe it's fixed and I don't know about it 🙂
[4:17 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Are you running Hans' 4.8 release?
[4:18 PM] Someone_2: I am not , no.  Haven't tried synching anything testnet in at least a week.
[4:19 PM] Someone_2: I had orignially set out to try doing the DPI scaling test as I see it as something I can do without knowing how to code and it would be an item to finally knock off the list.  Never got the testnet client to synch.
[4:21 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/issues/1188
Have you tried the
invalidateblock reconsiderblock
 described here?
[4:22 PM] Tron: If anyone has node IP addresses for the testnet, could you put them here?
[4:22 PM] Someone_2: Yep tried the invalidate block and reconsider, it didn't work, tried it 4 times.  I was not aware a new testnet client was out.
[4:23 PM] Someone_2: Kalverde quasi walked me through trying it.
[4:24 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Hans' new release can be found here: https://github.com/hans-schmidt/Ravencoin/releases/tag/v4.8.0test1
[4:25 PM] Someone_2: will give it a try 🙂
[4:39 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The 4.8 version does not contain a fix for the block #1127354 issue on testnet. In practice, a lot of people have been finding that 4.8 doesn't fail purely because it is statically linked, and they were previously using a client which they built themselves with dynamic linking (which appears to fail much more often). I spent some time looking at this issue, but it looks like a really flaky race condition. And testnet has been so inconsistently mined that it's often hard to tell which issues are specific to testnet. I ended up putting this on the back burner for a while.
[4:42 PM] Someone_2: I'll still try it out.  Will see how it goes.
[4:43 PM] Hans_Schmidt: I just pick the best ones from here: https://rvnt.cryptoscope.io/network/
[4:56 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I will see if I can work out a long-term fix for the testnet mining issue this week then.
[4:06 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Tron any progress on those 6 failing tests?
[4:14 PM] Tron: Some.  I recalled having the tests pass for p2sh and requesting another test or two for a failed multisig. I started with master and pulled in the original P2SH changes (commit 8c31e2b6c5668b6e59db0ed5375db1c1b017bedc) and the tests pass. Somewhere along the way, the test broke.  Next step -- find out where/when.
[4:00 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): 👋
[4:17 PM] Sevvy ♾ (werebear): Heya
[4:17 PM] LSJI07: Hi
[4:17 PM] Steelers: 👋
[4:18 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Yo
[4:20 PM] LSJI07: What's the priority at the moment? Anything we can help with?
[4:21 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Testing on testnet
I spent a half-day this week back-and-forth with BF diagnosing and developing a patch for the Testnet Block #1127354 Sync Hang Bug
We believe that this fixes the bug. But the intermittent nature of the bug makes additional testing necessary.
Pre-compiled binaries including this PR for use on testnet testing are available at
https://github.com/hans-schmidt/Ravencoin/releases/tag/v4.8.5test1
The bug is related to the use of SubQualifiers for Restricted Assets and exists in all previous versions of core which support Restricted Assets. Since it is a failure in reading cache properly, it does not occur once the cache flushes to database, making it dependent on node speed, compile types, and other things which affect timing.
[5:55 PM] kralverde 🤡 🇺🇸: I'll move my mining node over
[4:03 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Tron any more progress made on those failing tests?
[4:04 PM] Tron: I haven't had much time.  I have found one specific PR that adds 3 failures -- so narrowing it down.
[4:04 PM] Tron: Sorry I missed last week's dev meeting.  I was speaking at the Utah Bitcoin Conference.
[4:05 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): Which PR is it?
[4:09 PM] Tron: 8c31e2b6c5668b6e59db0ed5375db1c1b017bedc
[4:10 PM] Tron: feature_assets_p2sh.py                                                  | ✖ Failed  | 2 s
[4:11 PM] Tron: Second test run only gave 2 failures.  1 of the failures may have been a connection failure.
[4:13 PM] Tron: Has anyone experienced sync failures using:  Pre-compiled binaries including this PR for use on testnet testing are available at
https://github.com/hans-schmidt/Ravencoin/releases/tag/v4.8.5test1 ?
[4:15 PM] Someone_2: I had been specifically having synch problems repeatedly.  The one at the above link seems to have fixed it.  Synched no problem at all on the firs try.
[4:16 PM] kinkajou (SegWit Clique): I'll test that release Monday but I wasn't having sync issues with the previous 2 releases. Core Tester did any of you get a chance to look at it this week?
[4:23 PM] LSJI07: I haven't tested that.
[4:28 PM] LSJI07: Downloaded and syncing now.
[4:30 PM] LSJI07: Partial syncing now. After that will try a full sync.
[4:40 PM] LSJI07: the last 3 weeks is taking a while. 10 nodes connected, zero banned.
[4:59 PM] Mango Farm: No sync issues with 4.8.5 on my end but have had unexplained crashes on windows when solo mining testnet for multiple versions.  Can’t say what the cause is.  The miner continues to run so it is on the Raven side but the log reports only show GUI errors.
[5:03 PM] LSJI07: Are you still getting crashes on 4.8.5 specifically? I understood that had a fix for mining rapid blocks in succession.
[5:05 PM] Mango Farm: Yes.  At startup 4.8.5 will mine a ton of blocks quickly until the difficulty adjusts but after about a day I’ll notice it is shut down (with the miner and windows still running).  The log shows gui errors but that’s it.  I have it up now so will drop the log when it replicates again.
[5:08 PM] LSJI07: my node is claiming the partial sync will finish in 10 mins. ill redo a full sync after the partial finishes.
[5:09 PM] Hans_Schmidt: The mining bug which we fixed did not crash core. It locked up core in a continuous loop which you couldn't get out of without killing core. But it required a VERY specific set of circumstances.
[5:11 PM] Mango Farm:
[5:13 PM] Mango Farm: There’s the last log before a crash but I wasn’t very methodical about being certain that was the last thing.  I’ll keep an eye on it and wait for a crash.  Then post with more certainty.  It’s not a 4.8.5 issue it has been happening for a while.  I thought it was windows sleeping but this last go I learned that was not it.
[5:14 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Never seen that one before. You say multiple versions? Do you know if that includes v4.3.2.1 or only newer versions?
[5:15 PM] Mango Farm: Only post 4.3.2.1.  And only windows.  I have post 4.3.2.1 testnet linux nodes running without issue.
[5:16 PM] Mango Farm: I’ll see if I can narrow this down and produce a log I’m sure immediately preceded the crash next time it does it.  Mind you I’m solo mining on this node so that could be a unique factor at play.
[5:18 PM] Hans_Schmidt: Which miner are you using (so I can try to duplicate)? TTMiner?
[5:18 PM] Mango Farm: Tt
[5:19 PM] Mango Farm: Windows 10 home is the OS
[5:20 PM] Hans_Schmidt: With all those GUI errors and Windows only, it might be QT related since we did a lot of QT upgrade work since v4.3.2.1. The QT in v4.3.2.1 was dangerously old. The upgrade fixed multiple QT security issues, but a number of projects have reported other new bugs.
[5:24 PM] LSJI07: Partial sync completed fine on 4.8.5test1. Doing the full sync now.
[5:25 PM] LSJI07: Only 3 years and 31 weeks to go.
[5:25 PM] Mango Farm: I tested the sync on 4.8.5 several times and it worked like a charm
[5:28 PM] Hans_Schmidt: v4.8.5test1 seems to have fixed the SubQualifier sync hang bug for me too. I think we killed that bug.
Activity: 9
Merit: 8
Reminder: RVN mod Seal Clubber is a crypto scammer, and more people involved as well.

https://imgur.com/a/IUYYLM4
mirror:
https://ibb.co/SVLLFh2
https://ibb.co/gyZZYm2
Activity: 2408
Merit: 318

Some miners are strange. I don't understand why some people get hung up on particular coins and can't move past them.

Where are you looking to see that RVN is usually top 3 profitable? On Whattomine it's rarely a top 10 profitable coin.

Currently, its #4, after ETH, ETC and FIRO
Pages:
Jump to: