Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ROBO] CPU Mineable PoW Coin | Mac/PC/Linux Wallets - page 5. (Read 5593 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I have been giving this some thought, as it is an interesting puzzle, and I’m going to declare up front that I’m a HW eng and my knowledge on bitcoin and networking is very very basic, so be gentle.

Whatever code is in (or in this case missing from) the wallet to restrict ASIC miners locally can ALWAYS be removed or added back in.
What they cannot change is code in the wallet of the others on the network, so this is where any fixes need to be.

I also don’t think using wallet addresses or any other parameter under control of the ASIC miner as these can be rotated or tweaked.

My suggestion is to use the IP address (including port number) as the identifier for regulating the rate at which new mined hashes are recorded on the block chain. The other connected wallets will only accept mined hashes from the same IP address only after a fixed period of time. This period between accepting new mined hash codes would be set to a multiple (say 6 times) that which could be expected from a 10 core CPU for the current difficulty level.  I have observed that wallets never seem to connect to more than a fraction of the complete network, and I assume that they broadcast their mining results to everyone they sre connected to simultaneously (to minimise the time taken to get it confirmed), so the network loading is low. This would give time for other to submit their mining results, and make high hash rates pointless.
Another important feature is to refuse mining results for the hold of period when a new wallet first connects to a wallet. This stops ASIC farms cycling around wallets, and no real CPU user will have a result that quickly.

I like the spirit of the dev and I expect this has all turned into a lot more work than you wanted, it’s an interesting coin, it’s obviously not just a pump and dump exercise which makes it fun and interesting.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
May be some pool for miners or only solo mining is in future?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
There is no working pool yet?
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
I've been doing a lot of reading and simple tests.  I have decided the current block chain will be killed.  Or at least no longer supported by me.  If you're using v0.15.2 please stop mining, it was highjacked during an experiment.  Download links from the website will also removed.

I am not giving up on ROBO, and my sincere apologies for any time wasted (even to the asic person).  But in order for me to come up with a better PoW scheduling I need some time on a good "testnet" that can be wiped clean at any given time.

Some of the alternate algo's look good, and after experimenting with basic fixed time throttling + adding new data to blocks + network validation... It appears as if swapping the algo would actually be alot easier to do.

I appreciate everybody's patience with this.

But what exactly are you looking for? a mineable currency by cpu?
Activity: 61
I've been doing a lot of reading and simple tests.  I have decided the current block chain will be killed.  Or at least no longer supported by me.  If you're using v0.15.2 please stop mining, it was highjacked during an experiment.  Download links from the website will also removed.

I am not giving up on ROBO, and my sincere apologies for any time wasted (even to the asic person).  But in order for me to come up with a better PoW scheduling I need some time on a good "testnet" that can be wiped clean at any given time.

Some of the alternate algo's look good, and after experimenting with basic fixed time throttling + adding new data to blocks + network validation... It appears as if swapping the algo would actually be alot easier to do.

I appreciate everybody's patience with this.
Activity: 71
solo mining for last 5 hours with i7, but no luck

current stats
{
  "blocks": 15950,
  "currentblockweight": 0,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 18.15609713865201,
  "errors": "",
  "networkhashps": 176902160238.0973,
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "chain": "main"
}
Activity: 31
I have a lot of ORPHANS. 50% and may be more.What is wrong ?
Thanks.

I think its the ASIC miner they just out build the block chain quicker than our slow old CPU can, so they win the race when there are two contenders for the block chain.
If its any consolation I have thousands of coins with from the time when the ASIC minner started with

I dont know what happened

Latest stats

{
  "blocks": 15906,
  "currentblockweight": 4000,
  "difficulty": 21481.59772724999,
  "networkhashps": 463693087398.0007,
}
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
{
  "blocks": 15824,
  "currentblockweight": 0,
  "difficulty": 131395.5202414582,
  "networkhashps": 320273546698.2792,
}
Activity: 20
I have a lot of ORPHANS. 50% and may be more.What is wrong ?
Thanks.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
Networkhash way down. Asic miner gone away?

"blocks": 15736,
  "difficulty": 77.09610267863297,
  "networkhashps": 126637028.8240371,
Activity: 118
Diff down to 8

"blocks": 15649,
  "difficulty": 7.965919817367903,
  "networkhashps": 521346882309.4955,
yeah but im not sure it is so good cause watch of the hasrate! with a low difficuty thoses who asic mine robo must earn a lot of tokens. thats not good for simples miners with cpu, the networkhash is too huge. impossible to have some fair mining, only one, two or tree personns will have at least 3/4 of the tokens.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
Diff down to 8

"blocks": 15649,
  "difficulty": 7.965919817367903,
  "networkhashps": 521346882309.4955,
Activity: 140
Is it hanging like this?
Hi DEV. My wallet is out of sync. help me
have you download the new wallet RoboCore-0.15.2-x64-setup or using 0.15.1. mine works fine.
Activity: 12
Hi DEV. My wallet is out of sync. help me
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Here is my background: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annccx-cornerstonecoin-4-exchanges-accepted-via-altaccept-584550

Either you are in or you are out. 

In: The coin will survive.

Out: (like me) The coin will die a slow death. 

Let us know so we, as a small community, can offer support.

Good Luck!

Are you part of the dev team or why are you sharing info about yourself at this point?
Activity: 140
The earliest time dug more than ten thousand, is it? ? ? ? ?
Also is it possible to restart the whole block chain, after any changes are made, as this anti-social ASIC minor will be sitting on a large pre-mined pile of coins.

IMHO, yes, yes it is.  see my post before this one.  I'm going to need some time to figure out how to actually pull this off.  You mentioned nodes checking timestamps of previous blocks.  I agree that's a good place to start... the problem is blocks don't include data about the node that generated it.  In a real world setting miner A and miner B could both generate a block within microseconds of each other... in that case the block should be accepted, but if from the same source node reject it, ban it.

The way I see it extra data needs embedded into the block chain so that all peers can perform validations against the node which solved the block.  Problem is, again, how to ensure a hacker doesn't randomize identifier information?  

Low level cryptography and network security aren't my expertise. It'll take a good amount of time for me to figure it out.. unless somebody else could point me in the right direction.

"blocks": 14516,
  "difficulty": 908106.801590743,
  "networkhashps": 5329237777407.467,
}

owwwww soon diff 1million...and networkhashrate go beyond jupiter. not sure i will let my pc mining robo core Sad its sad, this token sound good.

We're down, but not out.  Heads up, probably going to reset the block chain and relaunch.  I think it's early enough that it would be ok do so.  What do you guys think?

its you the dev, i cant say you what to do, i dont know how to create a coin. im not give up with robocore, but difficulty is now very rush. when you said reset and relaunch that means all coins mined will be lost, is that right? if you relaunch a "new" robo core, pm a mail, i have start a coin's project with a much better idea, maybe we can cooperate.

"blocks": 14516,
  "difficulty": 908106.801590743,
  "networkhashps": 5329237777407.467,
}

owwwww soon diff 1million...and networkhashrate go beyond jupiter. not sure i will let my pc mining robo core Sad its sad, this token sound good.

We're down, but not out.  Heads up, probably going to reset the block chain and relaunch.  I think it's early enough that it would be ok do so.  What do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: