Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI - page 38. (Read 271862 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
This smells like CLOAK

never pumped liked cloak.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
This smells like CLOAK

Just hope not like shit...
Activity: 910
Hey Bitsta and Studio, now would be a great time to announce something, or better yet release something!

Confidence is quite rapidly eroding the confidence of the market.

I'm sure that something must be very close to ready by now, just show us something, make a video and post it up at the very least. Or better yet an alpha release would be really great =)

As soon as something is done I will start up the referral program and get some new people interested and invested in this coin once confidence picks up.

morning Monkeys,

it s just like RootV2, or RootMobile. unplanned issues occur and you re forced to postpone a release.  I am screwing my.... trust me.
and i ll say it again: i am here and won't go anywhere. You will see bitkey soon.
I am working ONLY on BitKey at the moment and this is done non-stop. not much more i could post at the moment.
and tbh, i am just posting to reply to your post. those who know me personally are patiently waiting and quiet...
i apologize for the delays and will be more cautious with setting deadlines in the future.

have a nice day!

support you ,dev

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hey Bitsta and Studio, now would be a great time to announce something, or better yet release something!

I'm sure that something must be very close to ready by now, just show us something, make a video and post it up at the very least. Or better yet an alpha release would be really great =)

As soon as something is done I will start up the referral program and get some new people interested and invested in this coin once confidence picks up.

morning Monkeys,

it s just like RootV2, or RootMobile. unplanned issues occur and you re forced to postpone a release.  I am screwing my.... trust me.
and i ll say it again: i am here and won't go anywhere. You will see bitkey soon.
I am working ONLY on BitKey at the moment and this is done non-stop. not much more i could post at the moment.
and tbh, i am just posting to reply to your post. those who know me personally are patiently waiting and quiet...
i apologize for the delays and will be more cautious with setting deadlines in the future.

have a nice day!

Thank you for the reply Bitsta, I totally understand mate =)

Good luck with your work and I hope to see Bitkey soon.

I will also start the referral program tomorrow, I intended to start it today but again due to unforeseen circumstances I also had a delay. No biggie, I'll get it happening soon.

Rootcoin will prevail.
Activity: 574
Merit: 265
Bitsta, I want to thank you for all the work you're doing. Programming is not easy, especially if one program for many people. Sometimes problems occur, and the resolution of these problems lead to other problems.
Bitsta is working hard on these issues, but he is a person like all of us, he is not a robot that does not need rest, sleep, or eat.
Believe me when I say that for my personal circumstances I am one of the people most interested in this great project succeed.
I have invested in both ICO, and then I have continued to buy Rootcoin in these difficult times, you know why ?, because I have faith in this project, I think with his work Bitsta had just helping me.
Now it's time to lend a hand, to encourage and thank their effort, and then reap the fruits of our patience.
Thanks for your effort Bitsta.

Sorry for my English.
Activity: 518
r00t-dev

morning Monkeys,

have a nice day!

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1004
BTC

sorry man its 11.30 pm on Sunday night in our timezone. Can't do anything right now I'm afraid.
what happened to the beta version that was talked about to come this week?

sorry man its 11.30 pm on Sunday night in our timezone. Can't do anything right now I'm afraid.

Ok no worries. When did you last speak with Bitsta? Is he still making progress with Bitkey?

Surely it must be getting close by now  Grin
Activity: 1218
BintexFutures

Activity: 45
Don't hold your breath Geekeh. Bitsta is on another month long holiday. He managed to take 5 mins from it to post a few days ago and pass off this forum to a "community manager". That mean you wont see much of him at all. For a guy that is 100% devoted to this coin and working hard he is almost never on. He is logged on in iirc too but he is "always on" and never actually manning the account. The price will soon nose dive once this realization is out and hits home to most root coin supporters. I'm no troll either. I own of 5 btc of this. It upsets me to ever have to talk anything but positive upbeat news.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
At some point I'd really like you to properly explain the anon tech to me. I think something we could really do with to stir up noise is a nice youtube video explaining it, which I could probably help with except that even having read the whitepaper I don't get it. I had figured that you used the staked coins as a pool for mixing but you make no mention of doing this. it seems like all your system does is bypass the blockchain, but to maintain the integrity of the blockchain you can't have coins simply disappear or come into existence, so even with no direct link between the two addresses, I'm not sure how you are going to avoid tracing through basic auditing methods. e.g. you don't know the destination address but you know the amount and the time sent, and can then find a new address on the blockchain which has that exact amount, created at that time.

I'm pretty sure I know how to avoid this, by like I say, using the staked funds to fill the new address and exchanging some address and signature information via a TOR routed, encrypted P2P tunnel but you don't mention anything like this.

Another option would be to bundle transactions onto the blockchain, so BitKey waits for 20 people to send transactions, collects all that money up into a single address, and then sends out the correct amounts to multiple different addresses and broadcasts that list of all those addresses to everyone receiving funds. At the same time bitkey then transmits the private key for each address to the correct recipient, possible proxying it through the sender, the end result being that each receiver tries to open every wallet and only has the priv key for the correct one.

If either of these approaches are used, or something similar or something completely different I'd really like to know.

I have concerns about a few things. (i.e. if all bitkey really does if effectively maintain a second set of books, then it could potentially be exploited)

I'm pretty sure I know how I would build this system, the fact that the blockchain is public and distributed to everyone can actually be advantageous since it's the perfect medium for for exchanging PGP-style information, that is a very powerful tool.
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
Unfortunatly the crypto community can be hard, I really do think Bista tried hard to get bitkey done on time but I think he was to hard on himself by setting these deadlines. Bista, just keep doing what you are doing!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
This coin is a joke. Just like its developer.

It's always, "there's been a slight delay" again and again...

The price is a relfection of how successful a coin really is, and this coin isn't doing so well.

Rootcoin and rootex = DEAD.

All that bitsta can do well is change his Roadmap ))
But where is Roadmap ?) Look at the first page, he deleted it and will chage again.
Somebody saved it ?
As far as I remember something interesting was going to happen on October 2-3 after bitkey release Smiley
And what do we have ? Nothing.

something interesting did happen - price/confidence collapsed.
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

The price is a relfection of how successful a coin really is, and this coin isn't doing so well.

All that bitsta can do well is change his Roadmap ))
But where is Roadmap ?) Look at the first page, he deleted it and will change again.
Somebody saved it ?
As far as I remember something interesting was going to happen on October 2-3 after bitkey release Smiley
And what do we have ? Nothing.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
What complications with the release of BitKey?
what happened to the bitkey?
the market is lack for his confidence by the lower price.
Activity: 234
Merit: 1

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
What complications with the release of BitKey?
Thanks for the reply Studio, I totally understand your concerns for the potentiual for abuse of my proposed referral program. Which is why I also proposed these basic rules which I believe would more or less eliminate most of potential for exploitation of the program:

1. No newbie accounts.

Both the referrer and referee must have accounts at least a month old, and the referee must not be an existing root holder (May not have made any posts in this thread).

2. The coins must be bought from an exchange.

This should be fairly easy to verify via the txid and wallet addresses, as it is mainly just bittrex where Root is being traded currently.

3. The coins must be held either in cold storage or staked for at least one month from the initial transaction.

This can again be verified in the blockchain that the referee has not sold the coins again and then re-bought at a later stage to claim the reward.

4. People may only be referred once, and there shall be a limit of 'x' referees per person (maybe 5, 10?).

This is to minimize the possibility of any exploitation of the program.

I feel like if all of these rules are followed and monitored closely by the community then it should become apparent quite quickly if anyone is attempting to exploit it.

Prize draws aren't enough of an incentive IMO, if people think "Well ok I have a one in 100 chance of winning x amount of coins" then they aren't going to do anything about it most probably. It would be cool for current bag holders, but not really do much to incentivize new people to take part I think. Whereas is people are have the guarantee that they will receive an extra 50 coins (or whatever number, that is open to suggestion) if they stake for a month (or however long) then I fell like they might be more incloned to actually do it, and also the referrer needs an incentive, which is an additional 50 coins for themselves.

If someone can give me a realistic example of how these rules could be significantly exploited to the detriment of the coin then I will gladly hear it, but as it stands I don't see any good reason why it isn't worth at least giving it a try  Smiley

looks like a great plan. first of all, thanks for your time and the appreciated gesture. i ll check your scheme properly tonight
and give you a more detailed feedback. And i am also adding 1000 ROOT from my holdings and 2500 freshly bought ROOT
to the bounty-funds.

Hey now we're talkting! Thanks Bitsta! Glad to hear that you are on board with the idea and have generously put forward your hard earned Rootcoin too!  Grin

I will prepare a google spreadsheet to track the usernames, txid's, wallet addresses and dates etc. I'll also make a formal post with the rules and instructions for taking part in the program.

One things that needs to be finalized, is the purchase amount and bounty. Is everyone happy with 1000 Root purchased for a 50 Root reward? Or should we go a little larger, say 2000 root with 100 reward?

I'm open to suggestion on that and all aspects of the prgram  Grin
Activity: 1218
BintexFutures
OK guys I am logging off for the day, we haven't managed to put together everything we want yet, bitsta may update you later as he is still working, if I get a chance to get back online I will.
Pages:
Jump to: