Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI - page 44. (Read 271862 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I don't know this for sure, but I think it is safe to assume that Bitkey will not be released on the 28th unfortunately.

Bitsta has said that it is being tested by a 3rd party coder to be completely sure that it can not be exploited.

It is a completely new and unique anon which Lynda to me like it will be the best and most completely anon solution developed in crypto to date.

Because of the way it works as I understand from the white paper there is a possibility that if it is not programmed very carefully and perfectly then it could be susceptible to exploitation and people could attempt to steal coins.

This is why I don't mind waiting a bit longer for it to be released since when it is done right, it will be worth the wait.

Fair enough - but I think it would help to have a general guesstimate of how far the date might be pushed back. Are we talking days, weeks or months?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I don't know this for sure, but I think it is safe to assume that Bitkey will not be released on the 28th unfortunately.

Bitsta has said that it is being tested by a 3rd party coder to be completely sure that it can not be exploited.

It is a completely new and unique anon which Lynda to me like it will be the best and most completely anon solution developed in crypto to date.

Because of the way it works as I understand from the white paper there is a possibility that if it is not programmed very carefully and perfectly then it could be susceptible to exploitation and people could attempt to steal coins.

This is why I don't mind waiting a bit longer for it to be released since when it is done right, it will be worth the wait.

Hey Monkeys,

we ve been testing bitkey beta since last week and are finalising the release version. We ll have
bitkey tested by a promovated IT-engineer who is going to provide me a full code & functionality
report BEFORE release. This 3rd party analysis is to ensure a secure and properly tested enviroment
for cryptocurrency-transactions. I already said it and will say it again and again: i won't ever risk
users coins/time by releasing crapy software. People have done it before and we saw where it ended.
Thats the main reason for all the delays. I am doing the whole development on long-term view and
without any time-pressure. The time in this community teached me that fudders will always fud, doesn't
matter what a dev does (in fact they troll and fud mostly good projects..). Anyway, i ll always do my best to satisfy every user.

P.S. i ll be online today and tomorrow and then i am taking 2 days off till sunday afternoon (cent. europe). so if anybody has
questions or looking for some (dev)smalltalk: JOIN IRC tonight or tomorrow.

thanks!
bitsta

This is not FUD. I - and I imagine other people out there -- have limited time and btc with which to consider and pursue multiple opportunities/options so we have to, by necessity, plan ahead and have some visibility into the future. There's an "opportunity cost" to holding any coin, and I'd like to have a clearer idea of what that is in this case.

I respect and appreciate that you want to thoroughly test this - that's good. But should I understand this to mean that the previously promised September 28 date will not be met? I'd just like to confirm that so I can plan accordingly.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Hey Monkeys,

we ve been testing bitkey beta since last week and are finalising the release version. We ll have
bitkey tested by a promovated IT-engineer who is going to provide me a full code & functionality
report BEFORE release. This 3rd party analysis is to ensure a secure and properly tested enviroment
for cryptocurrency-transactions. I already said it and will say it again and again: i won't ever risk
users coins/time by releasing crapy software. People have done it before and we saw where it ended.
Thats the main reason for all the delays. I am doing the whole development on long-term view and
without any time-pressure. The time in this community teached me that fudders will always fud, doesn't
matter what a dev does (in fact they troll and fud mostly good projects..). Anyway, i ll always do my best to satisfy every user.

P.S. i ll be online today and tomorrow and then i am taking 2 days off till sunday afternoon (cent. europe). so if anybody has

thanks!
bitsta

This is not FUD. I - and I imagine other people out there -- have limited time and btc with which to consider and pursue multiple opportunities/options so we have to, by necessity, plan ahead and have some visibility into the future. There's an "opportunity cost" to holding any coin, and I'd like to have a clearer idea of what that is in this case.

I respect and appreciate that you want to thoroughly test this - that's good. But should I understand this to mean that the previously promised September 28 date will not be met? I'd just like to confirm that so I can plan accordingly.
People, relax. Bitsta released Root 2.0 just a few days ago.

I'm sure he is putting the final touches on Bitkey and making sure it will be ready for the release date.

He is online on IRC right now, you can access it via the wallet or on freenode =)

The newbie fudders are just trying to pick up some cheap coins here before the next pump with Bitkey, so investors do not despair, this is to be expected  Wink

Hey Monkeys,

thanks!
bitsta

Great update Bitsta!

Great to hear you are thoroughly testing Bitkey before release, and you are right we definitely don't want any coins or security being compromised so rigorous testing is KEY  Wink
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Great news, good call on the test. Hope it goes well!
Activity: 518
r00t-dev

I'm sure he is putting the final touches on Bitkey and making sure it will be ready for the release date.

He is online on IRC right now, you can access it via the wallet or on freenode =)

The newbie fudders are just trying to pick up some cheap coins here before the next pump with Bitkey, so investors do not despair, this is to be expected  Wink

Hey Monkeys,

thanks!
bitsta
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

The newbie fudders are just trying to pick up some cheap coins here before the next pump with Bitkey, so investors do not despair, this is to be expected  Wink
Activity: 161
I hope not. I'm starting to get worried. Undecided
Activity: 92
Can the Dev tell us how is the Bitkey progress?

Yes, could you confirm if Bitkey is coming out on September 28, as promised...or not...

Don't hold your breath. Those dates are fugazi or nothing of substance for this dev. Take a dart and through it at a next month calendar it that's your release date for the next feature. Quote this in 4 days.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

Yes, could you confirm if Bitkey is coming out on September 28, as promised...or not...
Activity: 518
Activity: 252
FUD

did you read the OP?

Directly from OP: "+100 blocks were instamined at the offical pool.
about 380 blocks were instamined through solominers AFTER launch
and before the official pool started hashing. thats a total of 38k ROOT.
The codebase of ROOT was fork from another scrypt-coin
and the GetNextTargetRequired(), the function which settles the difficully,
reset the first 450 blocks with the starting diff. leading the first 450 blocks
to be mined superfast. - as this was topic for some FUD/troll posts, i just
added it to the OP to make it public. "
Activity: 350
Ohhhh his bad he didnt read the OP before posting this review. Everything is explained in first post Smiley. No need to post such crap.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
Dev, what the fuck is this?  Roll Eyes

rootcoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-rootcoin-root-rootex-announced-anon-tx-using-bitkey-powpospoi-714793
Heritage: very similar to bitstar, MNT
Problems:
* MINOR: genesis seed is not a news event
* MAJOR: The first 450 PoW blocks had difficulty adjustment purposefully disabled, and as such about 500 blocks were mined 4 minutes after launch
* MAJOR: Along with an instamine was some good ol' fashioned premining that started about 10 minutes before launch. At least 2 solominers and a pool
** 500 blocks being practically premined out of 10,000 PoW blocks is really bad
* MODERATE: "total coins" is not 3 million. Inappropriate assumption of MAX_MONEY
On blockchain:
blocks mined at premine time: 3 (ie, 2 extra blocks were mined)
blocks mined before launch, but after premine: 4-115 (from 00:00:58 to 01:09:39)
Addresses which hold the illegitimate premine: (notice, the pool with 1.5% fees) (there may be more addresses than this)
RSGFEiPfkjyFRKU31Q6TdYTMSo2gLhd623
RSmMJGDCXeP2wGCTJn74js1s5VcNqbjpg6
Recipients
Address Amount (Root)
RSXCxbLxANhPEJsDZ38etJAgGs2dC45W8W 97.51500000
RB7C7WYdoUP2bXn3GJGWeijsLbVehJiieq 1.48500000
I don't usually dig into author history, but he also launched distrocoin
Interestingly enough has done a review like this of shibecoin some time back https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6572374

https://github.com/Earlz/coinreviews/blob/master/rootcoin.txt

did you read the OP?
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Haven't seen anything from this dev in days. Hope he is still with us.

Do you even read pages before or just releasing fud Huh

Pages:
Jump to: