Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin - page 6. (Read 76477 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 28, 2014, 07:02:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
April 28, 2014, 06:49:32 AM
Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.
You are right, MaidSafe team should pay more attention on this.

Fucking brilliant, I understand now!! If you want people to understand simple concepts you have to draw them a fucking picture!

I like pictures but I dont like what it shows. They should definatly reimburse BTC backers
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
April 28, 2014, 05:44:40 AM
Meanwhile, maidsafecoin entered coimarketcup listing at #10.
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
April 28, 2014, 04:11:59 AM
is this on the free market yet? Fuck 25k btc ipo. Are you crazy? Bring it on exchange and let market decide what a good price is. Unbelievable 25k just for a video and a website. Ipo-investors must not be in their right mind.  25k for promises - wtf? Nobody learned?

an [ann] consisting of two links. wtf is going on?

Which brings me on to my next point... Don't smoke crack!!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 28, 2014, 03:55:49 AM
is this on the free market yet? Fuck 25k btc ipo. Are you crazy? Bring it on exchange and let market decide what a good price is. Unbelievable 25k just for a video and a website. Ipo-investors must not be in their right mind.  25k for promises - wtf? Nobody learned?

an [ann] consisting of two links. wtf is going on?
April 28, 2014, 03:45:31 AM
Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.

Fucking brilliant, I understand now!! If you want people to understand simple concepts you have to draw them a fucking picture!
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
April 28, 2014, 02:55:16 AM

April 28, 2014, 02:52:06 AM

That image is actually out by a bit or a lot depending on how you look at it, you're damn right about one thing it wasn't a fair distribution it was a scandal!

Mastercoin traded at .06 before they started fiddling the price. Also the market depth (entire buyside of masterxchange) before their involvement on masterxchange was very small like $25k-$30k it's only  $46k now I just checked! Daily volume was around $500-$2k.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mastercoin side of the crowdsource raised 281348201 in maidsafe coins
The Bitcoin side of the crowdsource raised 174668200 in maidsafe coins

38% of All maidsafes went to people who paid by Bitcoin directly in exchange for contributing Bitcoins that can be sold immediately for around $2.9 million usd  7339(raised bitcoin)*$400 (achievable bitcoin price for this kind of volume)

62% of all maidsafes went to people who paid by Mastercoin in exchange for contributing Mastercoins that can be sold immediately for around $46 Thousand Dollars (the entire current order book for mastercoins)

The contribution of technology is a null point as this is freely available using a system that would only accept Bitcoin.

Based on the above I think a much fairer valuation of Mastercoin taking into account market depth would be: 107 (That's the $46k in bitcoin)/281348201 (mastercoins raised -bitcoin bitcoin contribution). Unfortunately this figure is so minute, my google calculator can't put that many 0's after the decimal so I'll leave it for someone else to calculate! I can't be bothered as I can easily argue why Mastercoin is worthless.

If David needed to raise around $10 million originally and he's only ended up with $2.9million Investors should ask to see what he needed the money for, if he's got enough to proceed and if he's really got the intelligence to carry on with such an ambitious plan. To me it looks like the only thing they've got right is the marketing bullshit which is very impressive.
Activity: 399
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
April 28, 2014, 02:10:44 AM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
April 27, 2014, 08:32:58 PM
Ripple does operate on the same thesis of Safecoin, in that they would 'release' coins but that never happened.

It's extremely unlikely Safecoin will release much of any of their 75% premine to the "farmers".  It's a real world corporation which has operating expenses and is looking for quick money, it makes no sense to pay 'farmers' anything beyond market rate for decentralized servers

i suggest you read their whitepaper so that you may have the privilege of analysis rooted in actual facts
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
April 27, 2014, 06:44:26 AM
Ripple does operate on the same thesis of Safecoin, in that they would 'release' coins but that never happened.

It's extremely unlikely Safecoin will release much of any of their 75% premine to the "farmers".  It's a real world corporation which has operating expenses and is looking for quick money, it makes no sense to pay 'farmers' anything beyond market rate for decentralized servers
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2014, 06:42:53 AM
Why is so expensive?
April 27, 2014, 06:40:08 AM
It's hard to believe they've been looking at crypto currencies for 3 months as they don't seem to understand even the most basic things about them! looks like people are still buying them but not sure what will happen when the two 3rds of the market who got their coins for free join in the fun.

Sorry, what 2/3 of the market got MaidSafecoin for free?

No worries, I'm implying Mastercoin were given 2 thirds of the market therefore I'm also implying Mastercoins are worthless (because they've just committed a serious fraud! among additional reasons Grin)

I'll check the two thirds maths as was approx and off the top of my head:

456016401 Maidsafe were issued in exchange for 95801 Mastercoins (around 20%% of all existing!)

Maidsafe Received 7339 bitcoin which they exchanged for 174668200 maidsafecoins  

174668200/456016401 = .38  Cheesy pretty close for a guess!!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 27, 2014, 05:31:30 AM
It's hard to believe they've been looking at crypto currencies for 3 months as they don't seem to understand even the most basic things about them! looks like people are still buying them but not sure what will happen when the two 3rds of the market who got their coins for free join in the fun.

Sorry, what 2/3 of the market got MaidSafecoin for free?
April 27, 2014, 05:28:40 AM
what is situation with this safecoin? scam or not?

It seems no core Maidsafe dev has spoken.

All the code repo updates are mainly from the time of the first marketing hype 3 months ago [wired1].

I'm not sure, it seems like this was a marketing blitz as I don't see any real substance.

[1][http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/27/maidsafe-bitcloud]

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 27, 2014, 05:21:42 AM

It seems no core Maidsafe dev has spoken.

All the code repo updates are mainly from the time of the first marketing hype 3 months ago [wired1].

I'm not sure, it seems like this was a marketing blitz as I don't see any real substance.

EDIT: There was another thread I wasn't aware of2

[1][http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/27/maidsafe-bitcloud]

[2][https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ipo-of-maidsafe-entering-the-future-of-the-decentralized-internet-579797]
April 27, 2014, 04:55:25 AM

I'm trying to think this one through...  They received $3000000 from investors and valued that as being less than half as valuable as getting tokens issued by Mastercoin.

Investors get: 1/3rd of all tokens for supplying $3000000 cash.
Mastercoin get: 2/3 of all tokens for issuing the tokens and exchanging their own worthless tokens at preferential rates.

As tokens are freely ($1+dust) available through counterparty I would have given more tokens to the people supplying the cash  Grin

I think it's amazing that Mastercoin managed to get these suckers to buy nearly all the coins in existence at 3 times their normal market rate, they must have the best sales people in the world!!!
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
April 27, 2014, 04:37:18 AM
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
April 26, 2014, 09:37:41 PM
Hi!
I sent bitcoin with multibit!
please some one help me for omini config
how can i export private key from multibit?

Same here, any help is appreciated.

http://multibit.org/help_exportingPrivateKeys.html

thanks
I tried that, but when import private key to omini, nothing happens! i can just import wallet show.
Activity: 448
Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node
April 26, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
Can the Maidsafe people respond to a core developer implying Safecoin is a scam?

Can hyped up non-existent vaporware cure cancer?  Anyone's guess.  I saw and early whitepaper for that and it was full of technobabble and set of my personal sleaze alarms.

Good thing I only invested $110

EDIT:

Does it concern anyone that all the core files (the actual code) haven't been updated in 2 - 3 months?

www.wired.co.uk report that the NHS in the UK have used maidsafe as a trial to help test it and it was 50% more efficient than their normal technology.

Any link to the article? I searched the site but couldn't find it.
Pages:
Jump to: