Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin - page 7. (Read 76477 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
April 26, 2014, 04:37:50 PM
Can the Maidsafe people respond to a core developer implying Safecoin is a scam?

Can hyped up non-existent vaporware cure cancer?  Anyone's guess.  I saw and early whitepaper for that and it was full of technobabble and set of my personal sleaze alarms.

Good thing I only invested $110

EDIT:

Does it concern anyone that all the core files (the actual code) haven't been updated in 2 - 3 months?

www.wired.co.uk report that the NHS in the UK have used maidsafe as a trial to help test it and it was 50% more efficient than their normal technology.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
April 26, 2014, 04:33:45 PM
Anyone know what needs to be done when there is a consensus warning?

In my experience: Reload it a few seconds/minutes later. Then simply dissapears. The old computer technician trick. Lol.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 26, 2014, 04:22:43 PM
Anyone know what needs to be done when there is a consensus warning?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 26, 2014, 04:09:41 PM
Hi!
I sent bitcoin with multibit!
please some one help me for omini config
how can i export private key from multibit?

Same here, any help is appreciated.

http://multibit.org/help_exportingPrivateKeys.html

legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
April 26, 2014, 03:13:01 PM

Maybe someone can help me.

I have my maidsafecoins on the btc blockchain. So I see them on masterchest.info

I have a masterxchange account, but I can´t send them directly, isn´t it?

So I tried masterchain.info wallet.  I added the BTC-address from which I paid the maidsafcoins with BTC.
But I cannot see the coins there. Would should I do now? Put somewhere the privatkeys in or what?

Then I tried omniwallet. If I create a view-only address, then I can see the maidsafes, but I can´t import the keys.

I have the following keys: Hash160; PrivBase58; PrivHexBE; PublicX; PublicY

Can someone help me?
In blockchain.info, click import/export. One of the buttons on the left (sorry cant remember, from memory) will show you your private/public keys and qr codes of all addresses. Copy the relevant private key (always starts with 5) and import into Omni.
You should have full control now. Dont forget to register your sending address with masterxchange first.

These are steps for transferring a blockchain.info wallet into an omni, right?
Its the way you obtain your private key/s from blockchain.info, to copy n paste into Omni, yes.

THank you !! I managed it
Activity: 399
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
April 26, 2014, 01:33:51 PM
Hi!

Same here, any help is appreciated.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
April 26, 2014, 11:02:39 AM
Hi!
legendary
April 26, 2014, 09:54:49 AM
Can the Maidsafe people respond to a core developer implying Safecoin is a scam?

Can hyped up non-existent vaporware cure cancer?  Anyone's guess.  I saw and early whitepaper for that and it was full of technobabble and set of my personal sleaze alarms.

EDIT:

Does it concern anyone that all the core files (the actual code) haven't been updated in 2 - 3 months?

The thread you posted is just trying to lead the commenter.

In fact, the thread is mostly about the size of the bitcoin blockchain.

Safecoin is a different system in that is a decentralized network for storing private data in the cloud.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 26, 2014, 08:39:06 AM

EDIT:

legendary
April 26, 2014, 06:52:44 AM
The other thing I didn't get from the whitepaper is...can these nodes be setup on a basic VPS?  Or due to the high storage demands, does  this require a specialized server or expensive VPS package?

You certainly can run a node using a VPS,  however, when this becomes available and is profitable, then the market will react to this such that it will become unprofitable to run a VPS.

That's when you start thinking about where the cheapest place to co-locate.  That's when you start investing in hardware that is designed for this stuff.

Due to the decentralized nature of this, it is indeed likely that Safecoin may become the cheapest form of cloud storage in the marketplace.   It may not be the best performing, however it would protect privacy.

Was contemplating backing the truck up in the IPO, glad I did not.   MasterXchange is not a very liquid exchange and there is a lot of opportunity to acquire more shares through trading.
legendary
April 26, 2014, 06:44:56 AM
I think is worth noting to all the folks here that currently you can deposit maidsafe coins on the MasterXchange but you cant withdraw them back to your original omni/masterchest/blockchain wallet.
The best part of all this adventure is that im starting to learn a lot about the fundamentals of the bitcoin technology. Yay!

The only ones with the confidence to participate in this kind of an IPO are the really technically inclined who do understand some of the details of the how mastercoin and the blockchain work. 

For most folks, this entire process is greek to them!

Unfortunately,  there's a lack of liquidity in the masterxchange.com ... it would be better if this was picked up by more liquid exchanges.

Activity: 265
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
April 26, 2014, 06:19:04 AM
I think is worth noting to all the folks here that currently you can deposit maidsafe coins on the MasterXchange but you cant withdraw them back to your original omni/masterchest/blockchain wallet.
The best part of all this adventure is that im starting to learn a lot about the fundamentals of the bitcoin technology. Yay!
legendary
Activity: 1554
April 26, 2014, 04:37:56 AM

I have my maidsafecoins on the btc blockchain. So I see them on masterchest.info

So I tried masterchain.info wallet.  I added the BTC-address from which I paid the maidsafcoins with BTC.
But I cannot see the coins there. Would should I do now? Put somewhere the privatkeys in or what?

Then I tried omniwallet. If I create a view-only address, then I can see the maidsafes, but I can´t import the keys.

Can someone help me?
In blockchain.info, click import/export. One of the buttons on the left (sorry cant remember, from memory) will show you your private/public keys and qr codes of all addresses. Copy the relevant private key (always starts with 5) and import into Omni.
You should have full control now. Dont forget to register your sending address with masterxchange first.

Its the way you obtain your private key/s from blockchain.info, to copy n paste into Omni, yes.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
April 26, 2014, 04:33:19 AM

Can someone help me?

Activity: 250
Planning and start, know when to end it and gain.
April 26, 2014, 04:29:21 AM
"buysafecoins.com" is a parking domain.
It's a big mistake.
Activity: 924
April 26, 2014, 04:24:01 AM
Could someone explain why on earth somebody sells that low? Doesnt seem logical..

you have to remember that the cheap price set here : https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid is a mastercoin exchange. the majority of users that are signed upto that are mastercoin users. what happened at the IPO? mastercoin users got a special cheap price because of the cock up that happened. So mastercoin users have bought these coins for a lower price in total, allowing them to sell them lower.

This is very likely, but we may also be seeing the ramifications of stolen bitcoins being laundered.
If you just laundered 900 BTC you had been sitting on for months (for example) you would be most likely willing to sell at a steep loss to get those funds.

50% of stolen funds is better than 100% of nothing.

Pure speculation though.

You have to imagine no one in their right mind would buy into an IPO and then sell at a loss 24 hours later.

In fact, you wouldn't, period. unless the coins were stolen and you wanted to get them out of harms way before any sort of investigation or action could be taken against them.

It is always a possibility but i would of thought that cross chaining transactions thru multiple exchanges from tor logged in exchanges would produce the same results of anonymity and most likely be less costly. especially considering most stolen funds are held for quite a long time in wallets unmoved for months. why the sudden need to rush and to panic and to dump.

And considering it is a mainly mastercoin related exchange and that 1 mastercoins value was around 0.08-0.10 i think. they were given 3400 (0.2 btcs worth) each master coin. they can sell for much lower and still make a profit.
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
April 26, 2014, 03:47:44 AM
Could someone explain why on earth somebody sells that low? Doesnt seem logical..

you have to remember that the cheap price set here : https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid is a mastercoin exchange. the majority of users that are signed upto that are mastercoin users. what happened at the IPO? mastercoin users got a special cheap price because of the cock up that happened. So mastercoin users have bought these coins for a lower price in total, allowing them to sell them lower.

This is very likely, but we may also be seeing the ramifications of stolen bitcoins being laundered.
If you just laundered 900 BTC you had been sitting on for months (for example) you would be most likely willing to sell at a steep loss to get those funds.

50% of stolen funds is better than 100% of nothing.

Pure speculation though.

You have to imagine no one in their right mind would buy into an IPO and then sell at a loss 24 hours later.

In fact, you wouldn't, period. unless the coins were stolen and you wanted to get them out of harms way before any sort of investigation or action could be taken against them.
Activity: 924
April 26, 2014, 03:46:19 AM

still not logical to sell for less than book value (i'm using a very loose defintion of that), but markets are not always filled with rational actors, especially crypto markets

Haha i agree, i find it lunacy to sell so soon But i am continuing to buy up more at this price. Just trying to find some reason behind the madness and seemed like the most logical reason.

The applications are endless , it looks as thou it would be entirely possible to host cloud gaming like onlive , the ability to stream games instead of rendering , not limiting games to high spec computers but also increase network speed and efficiency the more people that play the game. Huge massive multiplayer online games that are simply streamed directly off the cloud. not limited to current problems faced with cloud gaming. able to play from a fairly low spec phone or tablet. the great thing is as well, the more people playing the game the more safecoin the makers are earning.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
April 26, 2014, 03:39:29 AM

still not logical to sell for less than book value (i'm using a very loose defintion of that), but markets are not always filled with rational actors, especially crypto markets
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
April 26, 2014, 03:35:51 AM

Just a bunch of speculators and people who didn't have a high level attention span selling off now
If your long AKA 1 year probably can make a killing from getting in now relative to BTC

I need to finish reading the whitepaper, and I think we will know a lot more of the potential of this during the summer as the beta gets rolled out.

But at this valuation, for sure you are likely correct.

At the very least the network should be worth more than mastercoin or nxt, which means minimum 10X
Pages:
Jump to: