Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin - page 9. (Read 76477 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 25, 2014, 07:22:38 PM
Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...

Maidsafecoin is just a temporary coin until they get the actual system deployed.

Maidsafecoin gets traded 1 to 1 with safecoin when that happens.

So there is no farming till then.

However, doesn't prevent folks from designing and selling hardware for farming!

Looks like starting prices for these farms are at $5,000 with 45 empty storage units.   Fully loaded with 4TB drives... 180 TB TOTAL storage ... will cost you $5,000 + $7380 = $12,380!

Run the numbers and see how much safecoin you can make in a year with this setup.

But also remember that the numbers given in the white paper are based off 2000 running nodes. so if there was to be 16,000 nodes, which at this point is completely possible considering the attention it has gotten and the fact any person interested in crypto mining on their computer can also run this without using any extra electricity or drain their computer. If the number is 16000 or over nodes you looking at 100 a day not 800.

just a warning, because the amount of attention and funding they received which they completely didn't expect will most likely have been applied to the whitepaper numbers as well. and considering its popularity already, i would say 20,000 nodes is a massive under estimation. and the numbers given out on the white paper are for 2000.

Well the Proof of Resource would be a equation that will include availability and amount of storage.  I don't think the number of running nodes comes into the equation.

I just heard over the radio on NPR that cloud storage solutions are increasing by 30% every year.  One of the big problems is when the cloud company is taken down by the government (see: Megaupload) or gone bankrupt.  So Safecoin actually does satisfy a real need in the space of cloud computing.

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
April 25, 2014, 06:16:26 PM
So how do you buy maidsafecoin with btc now that the ipo is over? Is there any exchange to trade this on?

www.masterxchange.com
Activity: 464
Merit: 260
April 25, 2014, 06:12:08 PM
Thanks FrictionlessCoin...I didn't get that from the whitepaper I read.  That helps to put things in perspective  Wink
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
April 25, 2014, 06:10:14 PM
So how do you buy maidsafecoin with btc now that the ipo is over? Is there any exchange to trade this on?
Activity: 924
April 25, 2014, 05:56:55 PM
Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...

Maidsafecoin is just a temporary coin until they get the actual system deployed.

Looks like starting prices for these farms are at $5,000 with 45 empty storage units.   Fully loaded with 4TB drives... 180 TB TOTAL storage ... will cost you $5,000 + $7380 = $12,380!

Run the numbers and see how much safecoin you can make in a year with this setup.

But also remember that the numbers given in the white paper are based off 2000 running nodes. so if there was to be 16,000 nodes, which at this point is completely possible considering the attention it has gotten and the fact any person interested in crypto mining on their computer can also run this without using any extra electricity or drain their computer. If the number is 16000 or over nodes you looking at 100 a day not 800.

just a warning, because the amount of attention and funding they received which they completely didn't expect will most likely have been applied to the whitepaper numbers as well. and considering its popularity already, i would say 20,000 nodes is a massive under estimation. and the numbers given out on the white paper are for 2000.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 05:34:39 PM

Activity: 464
Merit: 260
April 25, 2014, 05:32:19 PM
Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...
Activity: 399
Merit: 105
April 25, 2014, 05:30:31 PM
I don't think David J is that much of an idiot.

David J of MasterCoin Foundation SHOULD BE IN PRISON.  If you think this was above board, I have bridge to sell you.

You'd better watch your freaking tongue or I might have to visit you and pull it out for you.  

David Johnston of Mastercoin Foundation is very well known to me and not at all the person you describe here.  I myself have been  critical of certain aspects of the whole MaidSafe funding arrangement - and I have considered much of this carefully.  However, if one thing can be said with certainty, David Johnston breaks his back for the Protocol and ALL interested parties.  I don't believe for one second that you have fairly characterized his true nature.  

I invite you to retract your earlier comments and give Mr. Johnston the apology you owe him.  

Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
April 25, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

Maybe someone can help me.

I have my maidsafecoins on the btc blockchain. So I see them on masterchest.info

I have a masterxchange account, but I can´t send them directly, isn´t it?

So I tried masterchain.info wallet.  I added the BTC-address from which I paid the maidsafcoins with BTC.
But I cannot see the coins there. Would should I do now? Put somewhere the privatkeys in or what?

Then I tried omniwallet. If I create a view-only address, then I can see the maidsafes, but I can´t import the keys.

I have the following keys: Hash160; PrivBase58; PrivHexBE; PublicX; PublicY

Can someone help me?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 25, 2014, 11:27:48 AM
Ok, so this is how this played out...

It is totally obvious to anyone following this that MaidSafe team trusted MasterCoin Foundation to set up their IPO for them (aka David Johnson of MasterCoin Foundation/BitAngels)

MSC was trading at around .08 BTC before this.

Why would David J of MSC foundation think that it's a fair way to run an IPO to give more than twice the ROI in MSAFE for MSC holders than for BTC holders?
Obviously because he had a lot of MSC.

Then David J of MSC foundation acts surprised that most donations came through MasterCoin when they gave double the reward to MasterCoin.

Either David J of MSC foundation is a complete and total idiot for expecting that this would be a fair and smooth way to operate an IPO or he is a scammer/opportunist/profiteer.

I don't think David J is that much of an idiot.

David J of MasterCoin Foundation SHOULD BE IN PRISON.  If you think this was above board, I have bridge to sell you.

All this is separate from the value of MaidSafe software.
MaidSafe has software that they worked on for a long time on, but I think monetizing it with a cryptocoin is new to them and they are obviously new to crypto and didn't see things that most people saw would be obvious.

Maidsafe has to defend MSC now because it is holding a ton of MSC... too bad for such unethical behavior.  Holding a fair IPO in BTC (much more liquid than MSC) would not have been hard, if you think the purpose of this crap was anything other than profiteering, get real.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
April 25, 2014, 11:17:53 AM
oh cmon... i have no clue even with my masterchest wallet installed and masterchain account.

The Masterchest Windows wallet is not yet capable of handeling smart properties, but zathras is working on it for some time now. The way to go is currently masterchest.info and test.omniwallet.org I think.

There is a sort-of tutorial for Omniwallet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tpkuW_BfL63fn3KKv3uVnZ8xj5HiRz7ePM8VXp5isBQ/edit?pli=1

And all related issues have a high priority on GitHub and will eventually be fixed.

STP stands for ... SmarT Property. Grin It's simply an attempt to say "units".
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
April 25, 2014, 11:11:54 AM
oh cmon... i have no clue even with my masterchest wallet installed and masterchain account.
legendary
Activity: 1554
April 25, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
Can anyone tell me what's my mastercoin adress??
What do you think it is?
April 25, 2014, 10:49:12 AM
Can anyone tell me what's my mastercoin adress??
April 25, 2014, 10:29:28 AM
Do not use any of this, they are all scams in my opinion, it's a clone of official website.
is this legit?
http://safecoin.strikingly.com

it's kinda fishy....

I smelled the same!
But I have tried this one and it worked well:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6370618
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
April 25, 2014, 09:52:45 AM
is this legit?

it's kinda fishy....

I smelled the same!
But I have tried this one and it worked well:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6370618
April 25, 2014, 09:46:31 AM
is this legit?

it's kinda fishy....
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
April 25, 2014, 06:56:47 AM
Thank you for your reply.
Correct me if i'm wrong, we should do nothing until you and your team and Mastercoin team are ready. Right?
Thank you again!
Still 0. I am so tired of this. I don't think there is a container for maidsafecoins. Maybe in the 0.4 version of Masterchest for windows.
@STAFF
Please, make this easyer, or write a tutorial. I am a IT Technician and that does not help me, i wonder what other people that are not "savy" are doing...

Omniwallet says that my maidsafe balance is 0 ....
Thanks anyway.

So... i got my coins...
https://masterchest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1LNZuXgQdrcjDybCto2CHcTujAkPjymNaq
Question 1
What doest STP stand for?
Question 2
What is my maidsafe adress?
Question 3
Where should i store these coins? webwallet? https://masterchain.info/wallet.html
Question 4
Am i linked forever to my bitcoincore wallet and masterchest?

You will have more control of your MSAFE if you use this..... https://test.omniwallet.org/

Ignore the balance on the first/home page. It always shows 0 for me. Go into 'addresses'. It will show correct balance there.

We are updating safecoin.io at the moment to explain this all a bit better. We have many similar emails and your point is valid. There is a spreadsheet linked on there now, you may still be in the last few people to receive the coins. It will become much simpler very soon. The Maser protocol guys are working their buts off to make it easier and that is a good thing. A wee bit of pressure sometimes makes things move faster. Sorry about any hassle, we will come good.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 06:52:21 AM
Video of David Irvine explaining Safecoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_szOW4uPD0

Start at the 5:00 mark.
Pages:
Jump to: