Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 104. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
try --algorithm lyra2re with my version

Hey badman74, you know as always I'm appreciative as hell for the binary wrap-ups you've done.  Can you tell me if the version in your signature is later than 4.2.2-308, and where I can find the version on github in the code?  I remember looking for it during the 5.1.0-dev bump but not really able to find it in yours.  Just want to know what build we're on for it.

Also, anybody who can implement scrypt-jane in this sgminer5 would be a badass!
i think the version on github shows 4.2.2-310 but i haven really been paying attention to what has been going on lately so i may be behind
Activity: 378
Merit: 252
 Can somebody help me configure my R9 290 on Neoscrypt?

My R9 280x do about 515kh/s. While my R9 290 get only about 360? Can't be. On X11 the 290s do about 6900, which seems ok to me?

This is my config:
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.2.77,W:93.130.41.63",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "4",
"gpu-engine" : "960,960,960",
"gpu-fan" : "67,67,70",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250,1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,20,20",
"intensity" : "16",
"temp-target" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "90",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"shaders" : "2560,2560,2560",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"sharethreads" : "32,32,32",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"tcp-keepalive" : "30"
}

I'm using the 14.7RC Drivers. Stilt BIOS also installed. But somehow the cards wont gain much speed.

EDIT -- ok with lower Intensity (13 - similar to old scrypt configs) the Hashrate goes up to about 620. But somehow I'm getting R:100% ?

EDIT -- ok, it's been the version von SGminer I've been using. Updated to the latest provided by Nicehash. Rejecteds been the same problem to my r9 280Xs.. Been wondering why my hashrate was so high. With latest miner it's dramatically lower.. Sad
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

I think that may be the case.  CGWatcher uses temporary config files and something may go wrong with that step.  You can disable that setting.  I'll try that.

On a side note what is the character called that is between w64 and 4ku0 (w64l4ku0)?

l4 for 32-bit, l8 for 64-bit

Thanks.  That's why yours are always l8, I used to use your 64bit builds.

What hashrate do you get for Neoscrypt?
Activity: 547
Merit: 250

Hey badman74, you know as always I'm appreciative as hell for the binary wrap-ups you've done.  Can you tell me if the version in your signature is later than 4.2.2-308, and where I can find the version on github in the code?  I remember looking for it during the 5.1.0-dev bump but not really able to find it in yours.  Just want to know what build we're on for it.

Also, anybody who can implement scrypt-jane in this sgminer5 would be a badass!
Activity: 658
Need help please.... I am running 5.1 and when I try to run lyra2 I get "low difficulty share" or lyra2RE I get "share above target".  I added --difficulty-multiplier 2 but have had no luck on fixing the issue.  Lyra worked fine on sgminer 4.2 so I am not sure what the issue maybe. I also noticed when I run the file it initializes kernel ckolivas.cl instead of lyra2.cl or lyra2RE.cl  All help is appreciated.

are you sure you connected to the  pools  correct port ?

i think the miner loads by defult ckolivas.cl when the wrong kernel is selected for the coin

show your .conf or .bat file

I am using a cmd for a test.  All other algos work fine.
sgminer -k Lyra2 -o stratum+tcp://yaamp.com:4433 -u 1GDh3dYW1HPho3SF4Wb7qnUjeedh2spkhk -p xx --intensity 15 --scan-time 3 --gpu-platform 1

Should be Lyra2RE.

I am not sure which version 5.1 being used.  I do not think lyra2re is in master or developer version yet.

I am using 5.1.0.  I tried the ones from badman74 with no luck.  Guess it is no available right now, hopefully in the future.

Activity: 244
Merit: 100
Need help please.... I am running 5.1 and when I try to run lyra2 I get "low difficulty share" or lyra2RE I get "share above target".  I added --difficulty-multiplier 2 but have had no luck on fixing the issue.  Lyra worked fine on sgminer 4.2 so I am not sure what the issue maybe. I also noticed when I run the file it initializes kernel ckolivas.cl instead of lyra2.cl or lyra2RE.cl  All help is appreciated.

i think the miner loads by defult ckolivas.cl when the wrong kernel is selected for the coin

sgminer -k Lyra2 -o stratum+tcp://yaamp.com:4433 -u 1GDh3dYW1HPho3SF4Wb7qnUjeedh2spkhk -p xx --intensity 15 --scan-time 3 --gpu-platform 1

Should be Lyra2RE.

I am not sure which version 5.1 being used.  I do not think lyra2re is in master or developer version yet.

I am using 5.1.0.  I tried the ones from badman74 with no luck.  Guess it is no available right now, hopefully in the future.
It was only the wind.
 Here are all the bins getting produced:

I get this from my output.log:

Code:
[14:07:01] Building binary neoscryptHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
[14:07:01] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[14:07:01] "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 368: warning:
          variable "t" was declared but never referenced
   uint4 t, st[4];
        ^

"C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 495: error:
          identifier "MAX_GLOBAL_THREADS" is undefined
   __global ulong16 *V = (__global ulong16 *)(padcache + (0x8000 * (get_global_id(0) % MAX_GLOBAL_THREADS)));
                                                                                      ^

"C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 513: warning:
          argument of type "__global ulong16 *" is incompatible with parameter
          of type "__global uint16 *"
   SMix(X, V, flag);
          ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl".

Frontend phase failed compilation.

Any ideas?  Could CGWatcher be interfering somehow when bins are made?

You have wrong marucoin-mod.cl.
Try to find right, and replace in ./kernels
fix https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854257.240

Thanks, I have actually been using that marucoin-mod.cl from the thread.  To be sure I double checked and it does have the correct line 96.  I'm all ears if you've got any other ideas.

You're building a Neoscrypt binary, not an X13 one.

Yeah, it's trying to build a weird one right, Building binary neoscryptHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin ?  Here are some other strange ones that actually got built.

darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin (Correct)
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin (Correct)
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
neoscryptHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin (Correct)

CGWatcher may be screwing up.

I think that may be the case.  CGWatcher uses temporary config files and something may go wrong with that step.  You can disable that setting.  I'll try that.

On a side note what is the character called that is between w64 and 4ku0 (w64l4ku0)?

l4 for 32-bit, l8 for 64-bit
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I had an idea for speeding up nonce and "attempt" generation.

Let me qualify this first: I am brand new to the nitty gritty technical details of mining. I am in no way an expert.

Now that that is out of the way, I am presuming that the nonce serves as a seed to a PRNG which builds the data to be hashed and checked against the difficulty. I will call this data the "attempt string" because I don't know what the proper term is.

Anyways, so far, the fastest PRNG I have ever heard of is the SFMT. It is open source and written in c. It is optimized to take advantage of certain features of the CPU to generate random numbers as fast as possible. It may be worth while to check out because it could speed up nonce generation and attempt string generation. It is possible that this could improve the overall performance of your mining software.

Now, on to a question. NXT has recently released the MS or Monetary System. Some coins released on the MS can be "minted" using SHA-256, Scrypt, or Keccak25. Minting is almost the same thing as mining with the difference that it works like a transaction on the NXT blockchain and thus costs a transaction fee to the account of the minter.

There is talk about making a GPU/ASIC minting software... The only thing is, the Devs at NXT only know Java and we all know that it is faster to run mining or "minting" software natively rather than over the JVM.

It would not be that hard to adapt your software to mint MSCoins. All it would take is native transaction signing and some code to submit that to the NXT API server. Plus, of course, removal of unnecessary code and features.

Being the first GPU minting software for MSCoins would certainly be a noteworthy accomplishment!
Activity: 547
Merit: 250

Should be Lyra2RE.

Yep or you can grab the one from badman74's signature, he aliased the algorithm to accept lowercased variants.
It was only the wind.

Code:
[14:07:01] "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 368: warning:
   uint4 t, st[4];
        ^

__global ulong16 *V = (__global ulong16 *)(padcache + (0x8000 * (get_global_id(0) % MAX_GLOBAL_THREADS)));
                                                                                      ^

SMix(X, V, flag);
          ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl".

Thanks, I have actually been using that marucoin-mod.cl from the thread.  To be sure I double checked and it does have the correct line 96.  I'm all ears if you've got any other ideas.

Yeah, it's trying to build a weird one right, Building binary neoscryptHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin ?  Here are some other strange ones that actually got built.

darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin (Correct)
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin (Correct)
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
neoscryptHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin (Correct)

CGWatcher may be screwing up.
Activity: 181

Should be Lyra2RE.

It was only the wind.

Code:
   uint4 t, st[4];
        ^

^

SMix(X, V, flag);
          ^

Activity: 528

It was only the wind.
Hey djm34, there's something is wrong with the compiled binary that you post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9817141

When hashing lyra2RE (vtc), the hashrate shown on the miner is indeed faster 5-10% than the metalicjames one, but on pool it will only record half the hashrate.
All stats normal, low rejected shares, no hardware errors that are shown on the miners.
Tested it on two different pools, coinotron and hashlink.eu, still when using your windows binary, only half hashrate will be recorded on the web.
Somehow only half the shares are sent by the miners or accepted by the pool.
And it's not  just estimations only, the coin received is halved for the same time period.
When back on using metalicjames version, the hashrate going back to normal again.

Where's that half hashrate gone??
Could you please recheck the binaries. Thanks.
must be related to the difficulty adjustment..., I will re-upload it. In the mean time there is also a difficulty multiplier option in sgminer (it shows as deprecated in the help, however it still works).
Also, I think that several pool are still tuning their hash report things...  Grin

Nah man it isn't the pool. I gave this a try and thx for it...finally got to that sweet 640-660 kh/s x 5 (3.2) but on Givemecoins pool showing exactly half (~.1.65). Change back to sgminer RC1 back to 550 kh/s but showing correct on pool.

What you are telling shows that it depends on which pool you run... so it is up to the pool admi to set up the pool corectly so that it coressponds the hashrate the miner tell you.

I don't think so - something's off, possibly.
Activity: 518
So what are the best numbers you guys get for x13 on 7950 and 280x ?

Thanks !
Activity: 196
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I am getting an error while compiling in VS2013.

error LNK1104: cannot open file 'jansson.lib'

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Compile jansson project first.
Jump to: