Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 120. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

Also, I went to Windows to allow voltage changes on Hawaii, these cards are amazing!

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/x11localrigwolf-11262014.png

They are amazing indeed. The only problem seems to be that in order to power 2 of them from a single PSU you'd need 1300W PSU at minimum and 1500W to be on the safe side. Quality single rail PSU of this size is hard to find.

What I wanted to ask you is: what is the voltage you're running these cards on? Also are you overclocking memory to 1500Mhz (or maybe more)? Thx!

Uh... dude, I'm powering two off of an 850W. Also, memory clocks are in the notepad, the best one is at 1700.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Hey djm34, there's something is wrong with the compiled binary that you post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9817141

When hashing lyra2RE (vtc), the hashrate shown on the miner is indeed faster 5-10% than the metalicjames one, but on pool it will only record half the hashrate.
All stats normal, low rejected shares, no hardware errors that are shown on the miners.
Tested it on two different pools, coinotron and hashlink.eu, still when using your windows binary, only half hashrate will be recorded on the web.
Somehow only half the shares are sent by the miners or accepted by the pool.
And it's not  just estimations only, the coin received is halved for the same time period.
When back on using metalicjames version, the hashrate going back to normal again.

Where's that half hashrate gone??
Could you please recheck the binaries. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
BTW I got another 10℅, programming on the phone.

I tuned for 290X - you hit 1.6MH/s yet?

I'm on 290@1000/1250, about 1.1 Mh/s.
But income is so low it's not worth working on it.
actually I tried to use your groestl kernel yesterday (at least one part... wasn't in the mood to unroll everything  Grin), but I don't see any difference and actually it was a bit slower for me).

Wolf0, can you post your speed with these core/mem 1030/1250 (can't get my card to work at 1500MHz).
My current average speed with my r9 290x and my latest kernel is 1.3MH/s
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

I tuned for 290X - you hit 1.6MH/s yet?

I'm on 290@1000/1250, about 1.1 Mh/s.
But income is so low it's not worth working on it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
My sgminer versions are updated with Lyra2RE now for those that want to use it
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Sorry man, maybe I'm getting a bit frustrated; I've been here since Page 1 of this thread, meticulously bugged ystarnaud to implement a ton of fucking features and bugfixes and improvements, and have provided him with great feedback and also this entire community on the thread with multiple configs, test cases, driver version feedbacks and a ton of other shit.  Yes, I don't have a build environment so I can just tweak what I want, and badman74 and Elun and Elbandi have provided me with so many versions of sgminer5 by now it's hard to count.  I feel like any of the advice, configs, trial and error I have done and posted results here for, has only really shot me in the foot.  It appears in the mining game there's no reason ever to show anybody else how to get their shit set up right, because if there's isn't set up right and mine is, then that would mean I'm making more than they are.  I thought it was essential to giving back to the community.  I don't make the miners, the kernels, but sometimes I do find out what makes them faster, and I share it.  And now it's making me regret it, since we end up having to wait for table scraps ("leaked" kernels as opposed to shared) and having to deal with listening to fuckers brag about programming skills when they should just crowdfund it for a price to open source it or something.  I don't know.  As I said, frustrated.  You can see how this happened with neoscrypt.  It was profitable for a few days at best, and now I haven't seen it on westhash as most profitable in the last week.  It got ran into the ground, and we weren't even at its most optimized yet.  The field is way different than when scrypt was here - everybody shared there - it was a common struggle.

I shared Neoscrypt - that's WHY it got ran into the ground.

Shared it as in it's public now?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
A couple weird things going on with my sgminer.  First, as the miner changes to a new algo, strange bins are being generated without changing anything in the confg file.  To test I deleted all the bins, started mining x13 with the correct bin, marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.  Nicehash switches algos to x11, but sgminer decides to make another x13 bin, marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0 without big7hs.  I get  the clsetkernelarg of all params failed warning, but then it builds an x11 bin.  Here are all the bins getting produced:

darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
darkcoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
marucoin-modHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin
neoscryptHawaiigw64l4tc8192.bin

Some of those bins don't make sense.  How is it trying to make an x11 bin with thread concurrency?  Second problem but may be related is that sgminer just quits, it looks like it happens when the algo switches, but I'm not sure.  I get this from my output.log:

Code:
[14:07:01] Building binary neoscryptHawaiigw64l4ku0big7hs.bin
[14:07:01] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[14:07:01] "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 368: warning:
          variable "t" was declared but never referenced
  uint4 t, st[4];
        ^

"C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 495: error:
          identifier "MAX_GLOBAL_THREADS" is undefined
  __global ulong16 *V = (__global ulong16 *)(padcache + (0x8000 * (get_global_id(0) % MAX_GLOBAL_THREADS)));
                                                                                      ^

"C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl", line 513: warning:
          argument of type "__global ulong16 *" is incompatible with parameter
          of type "__global uint16 *"
  SMix(X, V, flag);
          ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\ANIMAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OCL4772T27.cl".

Frontend phase failed compilation.

Any ideas?  Could CGWatcher be interfering somehow when bins are made?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Well most of them all eventually get run into the ground because every starts mining with the kernel..

Same will happen with Lyra and it wont be profitable anymore.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Great, now I'm getting spam PM's..

mamator
(snip)
Hi,

I can sell you wolf´s kernel for 0.5 btc, if you are interested contact me.

Regards

Lol, if anyone says they can sell you my shit, it's a scam. I haven't sold it, there's one big farmer using it, and he ain't stupid.

Also, I went to Windows to allow voltage changes on Hawaii, these cards are amazing!

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/x11localrigwolf-11262014.png
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Sorry man, maybe I'm getting a bit frustrated; I've been here since Page 1 of this thread, meticulously bugged ystarnaud to implement a ton of fucking features and bugfixes and improvements, and have provided him with great feedback and also this entire community on the thread with multiple configs, test cases, driver version feedbacks and a ton of other shit.  Yes, I don't have a build environment so I can just tweak what I want, and badman74 and Elun and Elbandi have provided me with so many versions of sgminer5 by now it's hard to count.  I feel like any of the advice, configs, trial and error I have done and posted results here for, has only really shot me in the foot.  It appears in the mining game there's no reason ever to show anybody else how to get their shit set up right, because if there's isn't set up right and mine is, then that would mean I'm making more than they are.  I thought it was essential to giving back to the community.  I don't make the miners, the kernels, but sometimes I do find out what makes them faster, and I share it.  And now it's making me regret it, since we end up having to wait for table scraps ("leaked" kernels as opposed to shared) and having to deal with listening to fuckers brag about programming skills when they should just crowdfund it for a price to open source it or something.  I don't know.  As I said, frustrated.  You can see how this happened with neoscrypt.  It was profitable for a few days at best, and now I haven't seen it on westhash as most profitable in the last week.  It got ran into the ground, and we weren't even at its most optimized yet.  The field is way different than when scrypt was here - everybody shared there - it was a common struggle.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Who said I will not open source it? I already did it with my groestl.
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
I like how this thread changed from sharing tribal knowledge on configs, different ways to boost hashrate (keccak unroll, blake compact, etc.) to just bragging about hey look I made shit faster for myself and nobody else, so I'm going to earn a few more cents per day and let everybody else get fucked over on their ROI.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
10 minutes programming, 10% faster :-)
How many hardware errors? Me a lot...
10% faster with HW errors does really count as 10% faster  Grin

Nevermind, was just intensity too high 😁
legendary
Black Belt Developer
10% faster with HW errors does really count as 10% faster  Grin

I had them with stock kernel as well.
Also it's hanging pretty often.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
10% faster with HW errors does really count as 10% faster  Grin
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
All is clear!

I will make few test later on! for meanwhile:

How do I know which threads, intensity and work size to use?

I might a bit understand work size but it might help knowing more on two first things
I couldn't find any information based on my GPU (leading to thread and intensity)
trial and error as far as i know....
legendary
Black Belt Developer

I know, right?  Grin

Yes, usual tricks. I was wondering if it can be made to fit the code cache.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Jump to: