Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 124. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I actually noticed a very slight increase with the new drivers.... mining x11 with wolfs bat file & SGminer 5.0

Plus Assassins Creed Unity runs much better Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I'm using 14.6 drivers and only getting HW errors using a ton of different configs, any ideas? (290x, hashrate is only showing around 100k, usually about 300k)

Have you tried my config?

It's not working for me either. Runs painfully slow (~100 khash on 290X's), lots of crashes... when I ran the latest download with my old config, it yielded exactly the same hashrate as before. So it's like it had zero impact. I've been going through your config trying pieces of it within my own, but that's not working either.

I'm using 14.6 and 14.9 for binaries. One big difference between your config and mine is that I lose at least 30% of my hashrate going from 2 GPU threads to 1, and I have to specify a lookup gap of 4 or the miner won't run. I13 with W96 gives me best results by a significant margin. I can post my config here if anyone thinks it would help. I top out at 336 khash at 1150/1500, though one GPU is prone to hardware errors at 1150 so I keep it at 1125.

Wait, wait, wait - you compiled the miner itself, right? Not just swapped out the CL files?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Did someone try the new OMEGA driver ?

I just tried it.  I lost about 6% hash rate from 14.7.  Uninstalling now.

Thanks, I was thinking about it , but could find enough time ,and lucky me... Smiley
actually (I haven't tried... the latest), but the moving to 14.9 and higher require some change to gain speed (in particular for the rotations...)
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io

Thanks, I was thinking about it , but could find enough time ,and lucky me... Smiley
It was only the wind.
I'm using 14.6 drivers and only getting HW errors using a ton of different configs, any ideas? (290x, hashrate is only showing around 100k, usually about 300k)

This miner generates sporadic HW errors on x[n] algos, did you fork the right version?

I took it from the develop branch.

It builds as 4.2.2 not sgminer5.1.0-dev

I probably took it earlier, shit - I'll rebase it later.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
It was only the wind.

This miner generates sporadic HW errors on x[n] algos, did you fork the right version?

I took it from the develop branch.
Activity: 336
Merit: 258
I found some nice kernel improvements to get about 20% speed increase on almost every kernel.
I will soon show some results Smiley
I know it's not as fast as the wolf0 binaries yet, but there is still lots of work to do. Cool
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hi guys. I am a new miner around and want to ask you if you can share a bit of your wisdom with me.
I have a mining rig with 6x r270 ,and i am having like 2800 Mh/s per card with sgminer 5.0.
when i try to switch to Sgminer 5.0.1 i am loosing some hashes actualy around 2500 per card. It si clear that i am doing something very wrong. Can you tell me what i can have with these cards and how to achieve it? Thank you in advance.

U might need to either upgrade or downgrade your drivers.  
I am using moded 14.6 to support 6 GPU. Do you know with which driver i am supposed to try?
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Hi guys. I am a new miner around and want to ask you if you can share a bit of your wisdom with me.
I have a mining rig with 6x r270 ,and i am having like 2800 Mh/s per card with sgminer 5.0.
when i try to switch to Sgminer 5.0.1 i am loosing some hashes actualy around 2500 per card. It si clear that i am doing something very wrong. Can you tell me what i can have with these cards and how to achieve it? Thank you in advance.

U might need to either upgrade or downgrade your drivers.  
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Wolf0 where do i find your miner at?

I haven't written a miner Tongue

I really should, but writing the stratum bits and host code is such a drag...

Why not working to improve the excellent sgminer?

HAHAHA just joking! :-D
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Wolf0 where do i find your miner at?
It was only the wind.

LOL, your config gives me bluescreens and driver crashes.

Anything else gives me ~100k and nothing but HW.

Back to the old and ~330k way till the dust settles a bit..   Wink

Ah... I never used it on a 290X that was running a display...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
3 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working nice and smooth - 3.3Mh
but new ver 5.x.x start only for one sec and crush instantly?! no config apllied.
Tried: new drivers cc 14.9, run as admin and compatibility mode, remove all drivers,
same crap crush all the time:( any clue what that can be pls... appreciate any help. thanks

no one? common... I dont believe that I'm the only one, NEO...

Use 14.6 or 14.7 beta drivers.
Activity: 368
3 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working nice and smooth - 3.3Mh
but new ver 5.x.x start only for one sec and crush instantly?! no config apllied.
Tried: new drivers cc 14.9, run as admin and compatibility mode, remove all drivers,
same crap crush all the time:( any clue what that can be pls... appreciate any help. thanks

no one? common... I dont believe that I'm the only one, NEO...
It was only the wind.

Activity: 332
i get maximum 110khs, tried many different settings but same result  Roll Eyes dont know whats wrong with my GPU  Tongue
What version of Catalyst are you running?
Neoscrypt runs best on 14.6 or 14.7, anything else will make the hashrate go down quite a bit.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Instead of intensity 13, you could try xintensity 3.. That usually hits the spot on most GPUs. Smiley

And yeah, gpu-threads 2, worksize 64 or 128.

In neoscrypt you usually shouldn't specify any thread-concurrency, then it is automatically calculated from the intensity and gives very optimal results.

bit of improvement, 135khs with xintensity 3.
Jump to: