Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 121. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 384
Merit: 250
All is clear!

I will make few test later on! for meanwhile:

How do I know which threads, intensity and work size to use?

I might a bit understand work size but it might help knowing more on two first things
I couldn't find any information based on my GPU (leading to thread and intensity)

Ok I got that and you're right in your assumption!
You mention using 2 threads and intensity, based on following code, can you implement what you said for me to get started?

Code:
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...

I know which server to use but it other setting strings I need help with!
your support is greatly appreciated.

I have to be clear here, I don't know which setting to use yet

I tried using just the program as command prompt and I get the following warnings:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT is not specified
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS is not specified

Once I know those settings that overide those above then it might be easier
Is there way to show listing of option using program?

I do understand it possible mining quarkcoin using this but I am unsure the best setting for Diamond AMD Radeon R7 200 series.
I have latest catalyst and tried using without specifying amount of video ram following stream using sph-sgminer:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Too many rejected shares and I am doing better mining on a CPU which I am earning 50 QRK in two week than on gpu.

Since windows binaries is availasble and so I can test it, proper settings would be great.
Any feedback?
dont know what settings your using but i found it works best with 2 threads and intensity no higher than 14
also i never get any HW errors and the only rejects are stale shares

This might help in your .bat file

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
that won't help his rejects/HW errors though
i assume he doesn't know how to set up sgminer at all
try this (from OP, with minor modification)
Code:
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 14 -g 2 -w 64 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...
              ^
see above |
-I is intensity, -g is threads, -w is work size, -o is your pool address and port, -u is username, -p is password

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
X11 does not use Hamsi - it's not going to do anything when given the options for it! Therefore, for X11, those options have no effect and are omitted in the binary name.

Thanks for the answer.  Man, I feel like I should've figured that out.  Do you have any ideas why I'm having such a hard time trying 2 gpu threads.  I use what seem to be the de facto standard: worksize 64 and xintensity 64 but I get nothing but constant driver crashes.  I was able to get cards hashing with a worksize of 48 but the hash was terrible.  Are you running your cards with Stilt's bios, just curious if some of the things Stilt disabled would have an effect.

Incidentally, a few posts back I think you wrote that you don't attach a monitor to your 290 card, do you mean you are using onboard graphics or is it just attached to another card and that's why "gpu-platform" : "-1" is used.  Never seen the -1 .  Anyway I appreciate the work you put into all this even if I can't afford it, yet.

I don't use -1, but actually, several of my rigs are headless - they have no monitor at all, and I connect to them via SSH. I also don't run Stilt's BIOSes, currently. Running on Windows? What driver version?

Unrelated, I've worked on my x13 & x15 some more, broke 5MH/s on x13 for 280X  Grin

Screenshot (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/x13localrigwolf-11242014-2.png

Yeah, Windows 8.1 I've tried 14.6 rc2 and 14.7, I think I even tried 13.12 when I merge mined vtc and zerovert for a day.  Congrats on the x13 speed, it's going to be a real bummer when your miner cl's let you mine x13 faster than I can mine x11.  Hahaha.  Btw, my girlfriend thinks the chick on your left monitor is hotter than the one on the right.

Hm... I know the Win drivers tend to be unstable - perhaps try lowering clocks? Also, it's surprising you can mine x11 at 5MH/s with a 280X - I thought around 4.5MH/s was the limit.

She has pretty good taste; I agree.  Grin

Ah sorry I meant it'll be an even bigger bummer when you can mine x13 with a 280x faster than I can mine x11 with a 290x.  So sad to write that.  I've been running at stock clocks and i prefer to use afterburner, maybe it's time to start increasing the powertune and voltage and/or flip the bios switch.  So many combinations, makes my head hurt.  Do you have reference cards?

I have one reference 290X - it SUCKS. Reference 7950/7970 are good, the real old ones - those things are top quality. Otherwise, I buy the top card or close to it from a good brand - they're usually good overclockers. In my screenshot, the 290X shown is reference. To keep it cool and the awful noise down, I downclocked it.

Yeah my reference cards can be very finicky.  Maybe downclocking is the key.  Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Gotta grab some sleep.  If I figure something out I'll report back in case someone finds it useful. 

No problem; see you then.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
with WOLF0  .bin and  https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases ......same results

I don't have a bin for Lyra2RE.
yeah but now some people might be mining monero with your cpu miner or some others cpu coin by now  Grin

By the way the latest version of lyra2RE (which should be slightly faster than the one in metalicjames, better groestl256 and one round blake256) can be found here:
https://github.com/djm34/sgminer

That is what I read abou...binaries somewhere? Also what settings would you recommend for 270x?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
yeah but now some people might be mining monero with your cpu miner or some others cpu coin by now  Grin

By the way the latest version of lyra2RE (which should be slightly faster than the one in metalicjames, better groestl and one round blake256) can be found here:

Groestl still slooooooow  Grin
will do for now  Grin (difficulty is already at the level before knc titan went in)
It was only the wind.
X11 does not use Hamsi - it's not going to do anything when given the options for it! Therefore, for X11, those options have no effect and are omitted in the binary name.

Thanks for the answer.  Man, I feel like I should've figured that out.  Do you have any ideas why I'm having such a hard time trying 2 gpu threads.  I use what seem to be the de facto standard: worksize 64 and xintensity 64 but I get nothing but constant driver crashes.  I was able to get cards hashing with a worksize of 48 but the hash was terrible.  Are you running your cards with Stilt's bios, just curious if some of the things Stilt disabled would have an effect.

Incidentally, a few posts back I think you wrote that you don't attach a monitor to your 290 card, do you mean you are using onboard graphics or is it just attached to another card and that's why "gpu-platform" : "-1" is used.  Never seen the -1 .  Anyway I appreciate the work you put into all this even if I can't afford it, yet.

I don't use -1, but actually, several of my rigs are headless - they have no monitor at all, and I connect to them via SSH. I also don't run Stilt's BIOSes, currently. Running on Windows? What driver version?

Unrelated, I've worked on my x13 & x15 some more, broke 5MH/s on x13 for 280X  Grin

Yeah, Windows 8.1 I've tried 14.6 rc2 and 14.7, I think I even tried 13.12 when I merge mined vtc and zerovert for a day.  Congrats on the x13 speed, it's going to be a real bummer when your miner cl's let you mine x13 faster than I can mine x11.  Hahaha.  Btw, my girlfriend thinks the chick on your left monitor is hotter than the one on the right.

Hm... I know the Win drivers tend to be unstable - perhaps try lowering clocks? Also, it's surprising you can mine x11 at 5MH/s with a 280X - I thought around 4.5MH/s was the limit.

Ah sorry I meant it'll be an even bigger bummer when you can mine x13 with a 280x faster than I can mine x11 with a 290x.  So sad to write that.  I've been running at stock clocks and i prefer to use afterburner, maybe it's time to start increasing the powertune and voltage and/or flip the bios switch.  So many combinations, makes my head hurt.  Do you have reference cards?

I have one reference 290X - it SUCKS. Reference 7950/7970 are good, the real old ones - those things are top quality. Otherwise, I buy the top card or close to it from a good brand - they're usually good overclockers. In my screenshot, the 290X shown is reference. To keep it cool and the awful noise down, I downclocked it.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
with WOLF0  .bin and  https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases ......same results

I don't have a bin for Lyra2RE.
yeah but now some people might be mining monero with your cpu miner or some others cpu coin by now  Grin

By the way the latest version of lyra2RE (which should be slightly faster than the one in metalicjames, better groestl256 and one round blake256) can be found here:
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
..so did the speeds on x11/x13 brake the 7000/4800 kH/s
It was only the wind.

Activity: 528
Merit: 500
I mean that ,if you put latest Wolf0 .bin x11 inthis sgminer " https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases" u will have the same results....i tested

I think what it is ,,,,

we well me anyway don't know what results you are referring to ,,
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
I mean that ,if you put latest Wolf0 .bin x11 inthis sgminer " https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases" u will have the same results....i tested
It was only the wind.

I must have missed this Wolf0 Lyra2RE .bin could you post a link plz

cheers

Edit LOL I thought "fuck me that slipped past me"
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
It was only the wind.
Activity: 658
You mention using 2 threads and intensity, based on following code, can you implement what you said for me to get started?

Code:
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...

I tried using just the program as command prompt and I get the following warnings:

I do understand it possible mining quarkcoin using this but I am unsure the best setting for Diamond AMD Radeon R7 200 series.
I have latest catalyst and tried using without specifying amount of video ram following stream using sph-sgminer:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Too many rejected shares and I am doing better mining on a CPU which I am earning 50 QRK in two week than on gpu.

Since windows binaries is availasble and so I can test it, proper settings would be great.
Any feedback?
dont know what settings your using but i found it works best with 2 threads and intensity no higher than 14

Code:
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 14 -g 2 -w 64 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...
              ^
see above |
-I is intensity, -g is threads, -w is work size, -o is your pool address and port, -u is username, -p is password
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
What are people getting on 270x for VertCoin (Lyra2RE). I am on Win7x64, AMD 14.7 rc3 +/- 14.6 opencl files dropped in (didn't change anything either way). I went from 500 kh/s to 550 kh/s changing worksize from 128 and 64 and intensity 17 to xintensity 64 but that is all I can get. Using the miner linked https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases. I have read at least 3 other places people on 270(x) are getting 600+ without much trouble? I believe I also read somewhere that dmj43 sgminer vesrion(?) with Lyra2RE works best on 14.6?

Code:
"pools" : [
        {
                "algorithm" : "Lyra2RE",
                "nfactor" : "10",
                "xintensity" : "64",
                "thread-concurrency" : "8192",
                "gpu-engine" : "1050",
                "gpu-memclock" : "1500",
                "worksize" : "64",
                "gpu-threads" : "2"
        },

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts. I run a pretty "clean" and tight putter and for other algos I am usually at the top end of hashrate with "public" miners/kernels etc.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250

Code:

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Any feedback?

Code:
Activity: 658

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Any feedback?

Code:
It was only the wind.
my r9 290 elipa's get the same as my r9 290 hynix's on neoscrypt

That's because they're Hawaii cards.

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Any feedback?

Jump to: