Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 123. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Wolf0, How fast is your x13 miner? And how many watt. (280x) ?

x13 - easy 4.6M on 280x with optimal overclock (770W  rig's power consumption with  5x280x)
I can reach 5M but this 5% more hashrate leads to 11% more power(860W)
So, I can confirm - x13 is best profitable now(I compare vs all x-algos)
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
With the wolf kernal(x11) a 280x card hashing ar 6.5 MHASH will earn

0,0008142 BTC per day. ($0,294)
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Wolf0, How fast is your x13 miner? And how many watt. (280x) ?
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
The current prices on nicehash:

X11   3336   6.7252 GH/s   0.1357 BTC/GH/Day  325%   0.1435 BTC/GH/Day   0.1500 BTC/GH/Day   0.1600 BTC/GH/Day   View orders
X13    3337   9.3768 GH/s   0.3169 BTC/GH/Day  622%   0.2746 BTC/GH/Day   0.3300 BTC/GH/Day   0.3900 BTC/GH/Day   View orders

X13 is the most profitable to mine. X11 only give half the bitcoins.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Does the latest sgminer have the "leaked" Wolf0 kernels for x11 and x13? I had been away for awhile and it seems things have gone down hill in a hurry around here. If not, someone want to be a champ and provide link?

I am getting about  2.0 Mh/s on x13 with 270x (14.7 rc3 I believe).
138 kh/s on Neo.

They seem ok?

I see the nicehash Dev branch has badmans74 x kernels, which I am getting x13 2.0

As far as I know the only kernels that leaked were X11 and X15, with X15 not being really much faster.
Nicehash can't put the X11 in their branch because it was only a .bin that leaked, not the .CL files.
Here's the post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9717735
Activity: 136
Does the latest sgminer have the "leaked" Wolf0 kernels for x11 and x13? I had been away for awhile and it seems things have gone down hill in a hurry around here. If not, someone want to be a champ and provide link?

I am getting about  2.0 Mh/s on x13 with 270x (14.7 rc3 I believe).
138 kh/s on Neo.

They seem ok?

I see the nicehash Dev branch has badmans74 x kernels, which I am getting x13 2.0
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The competition is also working Smiley

Take a look at this

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/network

In my last checkin I changed the constants in Luffa because the first part of the hashing algorithm was hashing constant data.

Constant input--> hash = Constant

sometimes the compilers are able to figure that out by themselves, but still it's better to do it by hand ;-)
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
The competition is also working Smiley

Take a look at this

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/network

In my last checkin I changed the constants in Luffa because the first part of the hashing algorithm was hashing constant data.

Constant input--> hash = Constant
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I'm using 14.6 drivers and only getting HW errors using a ton of different configs, any ideas? (290x, hashrate is only showing around 100k, usually about 300k)

Have you tried my config?

It's not working for me either. Runs painfully slow (~100 khash on 290X's), lots of crashes... when I ran the latest download with my old config, it yielded exactly the same hashrate as before. So it's like it had zero impact. I've been going through your config trying pieces of it within my own, but that's not working either.

I'm using 14.6 and 14.9 for binaries. One big difference between your config and mine is that I lose at least 30% of my hashrate going from 2 GPU threads to 1, and I have to specify a lookup gap of 4 or the miner won't run. I13 with W96 gives me best results by a significant margin. I can post my config here if anyone thinks it would help. I top out at 336 khash at 1150/1500, though one GPU is prone to hardware errors at 1150 so I keep it at 1125.

Wait, wait, wait - you compiled the miner itself, right? Not just swapped out the CL files?

I used the files you provided in post #2397 on this thread (https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/neoscrypt/wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014.zip). I just created an empty directory, put the sgminer.exe in it and the kernels in a /kernel/ subfolder. I think I tried it like that, then added all the .dll's from the previous version I was using (I think one from Badman, from Nov. 12).

Then yeah, I think it's fucked. Damn.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
p.s. sorry for all the questions. I just find it interesting.  Thanks for the answers Smiley

Always had interest in computers (but only little experiance with code) and like math.... but I open one of the kernels in a notepad and the wall of txt just hurts my eyes!

Nah, it's fine. And that code really is an eyesore - it's not just you.

If no secret, which language you use
Activity: 221
p.s. sorry for all the questions. I just find it interesting.  Thanks for the answers Smiley

Always had interest in computers (but only little experiance with code) and like math.... but I open one of the kernels in a notepad and the wall of txt just hurts my eyes!
What code did you change then if not the sgminer code? Just the kernels?
It was only the wind.
who can help me, what kind of best sgminer for 280X and the config to get 3xx on hash, because i used "sgminer-5.1-dev-2014-11-13-win32.zip", my hash of 280X is 283.

But i used "sgminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows.zip" or "sgminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows-Wolf0" and "wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014" ,
it only runs at 140, and with the config of Mr Wolf , so many HW.

Yeah, I think I might have statically linked against the AMD drivers - I'll need to fix it and re-release binaries >.<
Clever fox... I mean wolf Smiley

I wouldn't have a clue where to start! I wonder how much optimization is left in x11 and other algos. Im sure there are others out there like you that are not so open about it :/
Wolf, where did you even begin learning how to do what you do??

I don't even know what knowledge you need. Did you have some sort of background in cryptography? Or did you look at some code somewhere and work it out?

Just curious Smiley
It was only the wind.
4 x 290X (Hynix) overclocked @ 1200/1500

For configuration check: https://github.com/wolf9466/neo-sgminer5-hawaii/blob/master/neoscrypt.conf

wait a minute it no good getting at Wolf0 about this couse this guy got loads or hash BUT look at those temps and fan speeds,,,
that has got to be water cooled or not 14.6 drivers or inside an igloo

Not really, dude - open air rig in cold weather with good coolers will produce that.
Is that your own private one wolf? Has it been leaked yet?!? lol
What speed are people getting with neo & 280x atm?? I got about 300k/h last time I checked... but not sure what progress have been made since... I get a bit lost in this thread.

It was only the wind.
Talking of swapping cl files Wolf0  ,,,,,, I've been using your last modded .cl file with this new miner is that the idea or is that going to fuck it up ? lol

It'll probably result in a hell of a lot of weirdness - I hardcoded HALF the buffer size; it's supposed to be used with the kernel supplied, because that kernel skips every other store operation to use half the space.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Ive tried 14.11 beta couple of weeks ago , and there was real mess with it. So I returned to 14.7 RC3.
The is a lot of noise about the new Omega on the network, so I figured that would be some performance , but havent much time in testing it...
Jump to: