Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 125. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
4 x 290X (Hynix) overclocked @ 1200/1500

For configuration check: https://github.com/wolf9466/neo-sgminer5-hawaii/blob/master/neoscrypt.conf

thats good hash tccd

what drivers you using ?

You guys like the code? Grin

i like the potential but cant get anything like the speed's i see,,, my 290's were those unlocked ones from new then flashed with stilts 290x bios (which does increase clock speeds ect)   I  have to go to work size 128 to run this miner cant get off i13 but still running on 14.6 drivers 

Try starting with my config.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Try intensity 13, gpu threads 2, worker size 64, thread-concurrency 8192
i get maximum 110khs, tried many different settings but same result  Roll Eyes dont know whats wrong with my GPU  Tongue
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Instead of intensity 13, you could try xintensity 3.. That usually hits the spot on most GPUs. Smiley

And yeah, gpu-threads 2, worksize 64 or 128.

In neoscrypt you usually shouldn't specify any thread-concurrency, then it is automatically calculated from the intensity and gives very optimal results.
It was only the wind.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

For 7970, look up the 280x settings.
Tried that but no luck. i am using wolf miner "wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014"

Don't use that one - use Nicehash's build. Hawaii chips are 290/290X.
sgminer uses ckolivas.cl instead of neo when i use that version.
bat file is something like this and neoscrypt.cl is in the same folder.
Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ftc.theblocksfactory.com:3333 -u x.1 -p x

You need the develop version of SG 5.
Thanks. Now i am getting 100khs but still no way near to 200khs. 1100gpu engine and 1500mem clock.

Try intensity 13, gpu threads 2, worker size 64, thread-concurrency 8192
3x2
legendary
7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

Tried that but no luck. i am using wolf miner "wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014"

Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ftc.theblocksfactory.com:3333 -u x.1 -p x

You need the develop version of SG 5.
Thanks. Now i am getting 100khs but still no way near to 200khs. 1100gpu engine and 1500mem clock.
3x2
legendary

Code:
3x2
legendary
7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

It was only the wind.
For you guys with Hawaii cards, or guys who just want to try something new, here: https://github.com/wolf9466/neo-sgminer5-hawaii

Should help you get this (270X, 290X, and 290X, in that order; nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-11212014.png

Could this be merged with sgminer-dev/devel branch or did you hardcode some Hawaii stuff in this version?

Lookup gap of 2 is hardcoded. Waiting on Slix to do the miner mods to allow the lookup gap setting to work with neoscrypt.
Activity: 368
3 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working nice and smooth - 3.3Mh
but new ver 5.x.x start only for one sec and crush instantly?! no config apllied.
Tried: new drivers cc 14.9, run as admin and compatibility mode, remove all drivers,
same crap crush all the time:( any clue what that can be pls... appreciate any help. thanks

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Yes but honestly the mining revenue for X11 right now is a joke.

6 months ago we were using an old miners but making 0.006/BTC/MHASH and now we are making what ? Barealy 0.00015/BTC/MHASH

Not profitable anyway
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

It was only the wind.
Nice improvement. Thanks, Wolf0.

4 x 290X@1000/1250

What's rest of your config like?

There's an example config for 290X. Also, try upping that intensity to 16. You might just be surprised.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
http://zuik.org/429k.png

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Shocked you should keep this config for yourself. If sharing, the net hash rate increases so high.

I've got it too, and that's my plan Tongue

More and more mining is an activity for the big ones with large farms (good paying) and for the good software developers. Small miners must leave because they are in a worse condition and should not be the support. In short a coin that is launched without a well-developed kernel does not interest to small miners.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Shocked you should keep this config for yourself. If sharing, the net hash rate increases so high.
It was only the wind.
For you guys with Hawaii cards, or guys who just want to try something new, here: https://github.com/wolf9466/neo-sgminer5-hawaii

Should help you get this (270X, 290X, and 290X, in that order; nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-11212014.png

Any benefit on using the kernel on Tahiti cards (280x) at all?

Maybe - I haven't tried all settings - if you want to try something new, try it out. You'll want to change your settings, though; I basically implemented a lookup gap of 2.

Can you build a Windows 64-bit version like you normally do?

Ugh, don't make me do stuff!

Maybe you could hand the compile job over to someone you know so we would all know it was safe :-)

Oh, very well. Give me a little while, and I'll build and sign it.
Activity: 340
It might be better if kernel was only released in binary form (*.bin), and not the source. The binaries could also be signed so if there is a leak, you could tell who has leaked..

Binary distribution would also eliminate the problem with different Catalyst versions. For example current neoscrypt kernel only compiles properly on Catalyst 14.6, anything newer or older generates HW errors or very slow speed. Then again all scrypt kernels compile best on 13.12, compiling on 14.x works but gives perhaps 30% lower hashrate..

The compiled binaries can be moved around with no problem. I have used the 14.6 neoscrypt binary with 13.12, and it works fine with full speed. Recompiling it under 13.12 halves the hashrate..

Still the biggest problem is, some users have 200 gpus and some have only a few. If you are selling a kernel, the price should be different! It should be "per GPU" price, but it is impossible to control. If the price is fixed, some big rig owner can easily pay a few BTC to get the kernel, and then ruin the profits for all "hobby" miners.

I like to optimize these just for my own fun. And obviously it's good if you get some profit from your work. But at the moment it seems the best way to profit, is just keep the kernel to yourself and enjoy the increased hashrate.. Any wider distribution will just lower my own profit.

Please join us in #pimp and #pimp-dev on Freenode.
Activity: 462
www.dashpay.io
say I want to do some precalculation on blake256 for lyra2RE, where do I put that ?
midstate ?

ps: such a nightmare modifying sgminer  Angry
(how something which should take 5min (time it took on ccminer) will end up been done in 5hours...)

Put half in HiMem and the rest in LoMem  Grin
Jump to: