Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 139. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
for anyone that is still having issues with HW errors on various algo's try my latest binary
i think i may have found the problem but would like others to test and see if it is fixed
also, arebyp kernel can now be used for nscrypt although it seems to put out less hashrate than zuikkis, though it produces less errors for me

Hi,

I also fixed it in my local build, is this the same you found? Smiley This fixed HW errors 100% for me.

sgminer.c, function test_nonce, near line 6873:

Code:
 // for Neoscrypt, the diff1targe value is in work->target
  if ((work->pool->algorithm.name, "neoscrypt")) {
    diff1targ = ((uint32_t *)work->target)[7];
  } else {
    diff1targ = work->pool->algorithm.diff1targ;
  }

Should be like this, just add !safe_cmp:

Code:
  if (!safe_cmp(work->pool->algorithm.name, "neoscrypt")) {
  } else {
  }

The original version is really a no-op, always true. So neoscrypt code was used for all algorithms.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. (Although it would have been nice to get a pull request or a notice on github lol...)

I must have pushed the wrong file up originally and when debugging the issue I was using corrected code. No wonder I didn't get HW errors. Chasing a bug that isn't there is can be quite a headache... Smiley

Anyway, I pushed the fix to the develop branch. Can anybody try it and confirm that the HW errors are gone?

- ystarnaud
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hi yall, i have 5x280x by sapphire, its hasn't been running for more than a month. I was using guiminer and pointing to coinshift but the cards can't connect anymore. So now i want to get them running again, best thing would probably be to get my rig on another profit switching multipool, im considering multipool.us at this point and ofcourse i'll need a miner that can handle the switching to different algorithms. Could you guys please link me to the best one out there for my needs?  It has to be a very stable miner and preferrably with gui, thx!!

If this is a dedicated rig simply get PiMP on an USB stick, activate NiceHash/WestHash multi-algo profile and you're ready to go (with a simple GUI Wink )

http://www.getpimp.org/downloads/pimp-amd/pimp-amd-1-6-0.html

http://www.getpimp.org/community/blog/165-nicehash.html

Many other options are listed here: https://www.nicehash.com/software/

Does that work with Neoscrypt though?

edit: apparently not yet
http://www.getpimp.org/features.html
I will look into this but I think if I clone my master branch to my develop then you could use get my miner from miner menu and it would have neoscrypt even though they haven't released it
Activity: 44
Hi yall, i have 5x280x by sapphire, its hasn't been running for more than a month. I was using guiminer and pointing to coinshift but the cards can't connect anymore. So now i want to get them running again, best thing would probably be to get my rig on another profit switching multipool, im considering multipool.us at this point and ofcourse i'll need a miner that can handle the switching to different algorithms. Could you guys please link me to the best one out there for my needs?  It has to be a very stable miner and preferrably with gui, thx!!

If this is a dedicated rig simply get PiMP on an USB stick, activate NiceHash/WestHash multi-algo profile and you're ready to go (with a simple GUI Wink )

Does that work with Neoscrypt though?

edit: apparently not yet
http://www.getpimp.org/features.html
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Hi yall, i have 5x280x by sapphire, its hasn't been running for more than a month. I was using guiminer and pointing to coinshift but the cards can't connect anymore. So now i want to get them running again, best thing would probably be to get my rig on another profit switching multipool, im considering multipool.us at this point and ofcourse i'll need a miner that can handle the switching to different algorithms. Could you guys please link me to the best one out there for my needs?  It has to be a very stable miner and preferrably with gui, thx!!

Activity: 6
Hi yall, i have 5x280x by sapphire, its hasn't been running for more than a month. I was using guiminer and pointing to coinshift but the cards can't connect anymore. So now i want to get them running again, best thing would probably be to get my rig on another profit switching multipool, im considering multipool.us at this point and ofcourse i'll need a miner that can handle the switching to different algorithms. Could you guys please link me to the best one out there for my needs?  It has to be a very stable miner and preferrably with gui, thx!!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I'm able to mine with the kernel you provided wolf, but I get HW errors on my 7950 running at its stock speeds and I-15 TC- 8192 and W-64

Any tips? I am on 14.9 btw.

try not specifying TC. How many GPU threads? Also, intensity is a little high.
Activity: 57
Oh, anyone have the new neoscrypt kernel binary for Pitcairn?

I have Catalyst 14.9, it really can't compile the kernel properly. The binaries above fixed it for Hawaii and Tahiti, but I have a few Pitcairns as well..

I fixed this myself, simply by installing 14.6.. It is actually available from AMD web page, just not publicly listed anymore! But easy to find with google.

14.6 is so much better than 14.9.. X11 hashrate went from 4.0Mh/s to 4.4MH/s, similar increase in other coins as well.. Just delete all old binaries.

280x Scrypt and Nscrypt bins are far better when compiled with catalyst 13.11, luckily I still had those stored.

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
It was only the wind.
I am sorry, can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Whats the power consumption in neoscrypt compared to other algos? Like scrypt and x11 ie?

Thanks for the answers  Smiley

At one of my rigs X11 consumes 720w, neoscrypt is at 810-820w  so it's 10-15% more.

Haha, very interesting...

Still that is not with wolf's super-mega fast kernel Smiley Maybe we can expect lower consumption... ? Smiley

Actually, what's interesting is that AFAIK, my X11 consumes ~610W, and neoscrypt looks close to it - I remember the public X11 kernel was shit, but jeez.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
For some reason, since I added neoscrypt to my config, my miner isn't auto switching to x11, x13, or x15 anymore when they are more profitable. Is there something wrong below?

Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
        "name" : "WestHash_X11_auto",
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:4336",
          "user" : "1MDRjWZxttXRDYz3aAf1GjUY9JwscgRnFL.1",
          "pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=4;f4=3;f5=0;f6=2;f7=0;f8=1",
          "xintensity": "144",
"worksize" : "128",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
          "kernel" : "darkcoin-mod"
},
{
        "name" : "WestHash_X13_auto",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:4337",
          "kernel" : "marucoin-mod"
},
{
          "name" : "WestHash_X15_auto",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:4339",
          "kernel" : "bitblock"
},
{
          "name" : "WestHash_NeoScrypt_auto",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:4341",
          "pass" : "d=16;f0=0;f2=0;f3=4;f4=3;f5=0;f6=2;f7=0;f8=1",
"nfactor" : "10",
"intensity": "13",
"worksize" : "64",
          "kernel" : "neoscrypt"
},
{
          "name" : "WestHash_X11",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3336",
          "pass" : "d=0.02",
          "nfactor" : "10",
          "kernel" : "darkcoin-mod"
}
]
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "28",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/sgminer-5-dev-neoscrypt-windows/kernel"
}
It was only the wind.
So this is a thread about sgminer5 the multi-algo miner; does sgminer5 now include neoscrypt algo as an option?

Yes.

This miner you released is unusable for certain algorithms; it throws a lot of hardware errors for keccak as opposed to others (badman's) which do not throw even 1.

Read the thread.

Wolf0, I tried switching to this latest miner of yours briefly (I'm on a X15 lease at the moment). I used the same config file as I use on my other SGminer copy, and it ran, but had many hardware errors. They were accumulating at a pace of over 12/minute across all four 290X's. I ran it long enough to see the hashrate top out at a level identical to my prior Sgminer build. Any thoughts on why I'd be getting hardware errors with yours? I have BF4 edition 290X's, and I copied the DLL's from my other copy of SGminer to yours, if that matters. But the binaries I did not copy over.

The develop branch isn't up to date with the main branch of SGMiner - the dev I asked to put in neoscrypt support did it on the dev branch, so it's probably buggy.

EDIT: One nice thing is that it doesn't have all of the main branch's bugs, either - I can use --device without the UI getting fucked again Cheesy
for anyone that is still having issues with HW errors on various algo's try my latest binary
i think i may have found the problem but would like others to test and see if it is fixed
also, arebyp kernel can now be used for nscrypt although it seems to put out less hashrate than zuikkis, though it produces less errors for me

Hi,

I also fixed it in my local build, is this the same you found? Smiley This fixed HW errors 100% for me.

Code:
  } else {
  }

Code:
  } else {
  }

The original version is really a no-op, always true. So neoscrypt code was used for all algorithms.
hmm that wasn't what i changed but i will do that tonight
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
any luck something like this for x11 x13 x15 Huh Shocked
Activity: 732
can someone share batch file for 280x cards? thanks!
Activity: 539
Merit: 255

I have Catalyst 14.9, it really can't compile the kernel properly. The binaries above fixed it for Hawaii and Tahiti, but I have a few Pitcairns as well..

Try what is linked here for the older cards.

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7780-neoscrypt-gpu-miner-public-beta-test/?p=70067

Hi,

Code:
  } else {
  }

Code:
  } else {
  }

It was only the wind.
I am sorry, can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Whats the power consumption in neoscrypt compared to other algos? Like scrypt and x11 ie?

Thanks for the answers  Smiley

At one of my rigs X11 consumes 720w, neoscrypt is at 810-820w  so it's 10-15% more.

Haha, very interesting...
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Anyone tried the new 14.11 drivers??
Jump to: