Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 138. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 255
So what hashes are we getting on average? I've got my 280x (1030/1500) running at ~270Khs on neoscrypt using Wolf0's kernel.

From the 280x to the 290x, the biggest difference is the memory.

270k is good on a 280x with elpida memory, 290k is good with hynix, even more in you start playing with the clocks.

My 290 with hynix, and my 290x with elpida get just under 300k each, with some room on the clocks for improvement.
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
[1:58] sling00: is what zuikkis says true about 13.11 building better bins than 14.x for neoscrypt? if so i may need to setup a bin repo for neoscrypt
[1:58] kotarius: sling00:  you got a link to histatement
[1:58] ystarnaud: in  my experience no
[1:58] ystarnaud: thats not true
[1:58] ystarnaud: 13.11 is slow
[2:00] kotarius: maybe he means its faster relative to what he has been using
[2:00] kotarius: we would need to know his gpus, hashrates, before and after on 13.11 and 14.6

I went ahead and wasted fucking hours going back and removing 14.6RC2 and replacing it with 13.12 on 7x64, generated a bin using scrypt130511_alexey.cl from kalroth_cgminer_140324 at TC 32765 for scrypt (1Mh), then hammed together a alexkarnew.cl to build a nscrypt bin at TC 2816x8=22528 (450Kh) and then reupgraded to 14.6RC2 and kept the builds.  They *work* but the scrypt bin will never see the light of day (ASICs) and the nscrypt profitability just went in the shitter on nicehash, also it still encounters the -4 Error if it's switched between algorithms.  I haven't tested it in multi-algo runtime yet (letting it go overnight, we'll see if it switches off neoscrypt) but it appears that was the best way to get a working nscrypt bin.

I sure do not miss that heat that nscrypt puts off, jeezus.  Still has HW errors out the ass for nscrypt too.

And just to answer your question too, a .bin generated in 13.12 for neoscrypt yielded around 128Kh on 290X.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
So what hashes are we getting on average? I've got my 280x (1030/1500) running at ~270Khs on neoscrypt using Wolf0's kernel.

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Yeah I just corrected the source about 7hrs ago.
my build is now updated as well

Updated sgminer-5.1-dev builds are now also available on NiceHash download page: https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

BTW: every time a change is applied to sgminer-dev/master or sgminer-dev/develop branch, new builds are automatically generated around 03:00 UTC and are available here: https://www.nicehash.com/software/nightly/

badman74, your fork is now essentially the same as sgminer-dev/develop branch. The sgminer-dev/develop branch is intended for exactly the same thing as your fork - tuning, optimizations and new features. It would be great if you would simply code your changes in the sgminer-dev/develop branch instead of your own fork ... less work for others to merge stuff into sgminer-dev/develop branch.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Anyway, I pushed the fix to the develop branch. Can anybody try it and confirm that the HW errors are gone?

- ystarnaud
Tested it for ~20 minutes. Seems to works Smiley

Seems ok for HW errors but in X11 I'm seeing a 20% hashrate lose  Sad.

I get HW errors on the windows build submitted 20 hours ago... Perhaps the changes did not make it to that one?

my build is now updated as well
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Anyway, I pushed the fix to the develop branch. Can anybody try it and confirm that the HW errors are gone?

- ystarnaud

I get HW errors on the windows build submitted 20 hours ago... Perhaps the changes did not make it to that one?

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

- ystarnaud

Activity: 644
Hi guys, I am a 100% complete newb, decided I like the idea of darkcoins and I might as well use my desktop computer to see what I can do. I have a setup from a few years ago with 16 gigs of ram, intel core i7 930 @2.8ghz, 2x ati radeon HD 5700 (5750?).

I went to this page: http://www.reviewoutlaw.com/how-to-mine-darkcoin-gui-friendly-simple-way-mining-dark-coin/

Then I followed all the instructions, installed everything, pasted the address into those miner programs, and launched the CPU and GPU programs. I'm pretty sure they aren't working.

I'm sure you get annoyed with so many people coming on here and asking questions, but this forum is hard to navigate so I was hoping someone could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much

here is the darkcoin thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/pools-exchanges-etc.1456/

you need to mine at a pool , if you try to solo mine you wont find anything
Activity: 1
Hi guys, I am a 100% complete newb, decided I like the idea of darkcoins and I might as well use my desktop computer to see what I can do. I have a setup from a few years ago with 16 gigs of ram, intel core i7 930 @2.8ghz, 2x ati radeon HD 5700 (5750?).

I went to this page: http://www.reviewoutlaw.com/how-to-mine-darkcoin-gui-friendly-simple-way-mining-dark-coin/

Then I followed all the instructions, installed everything, pasted the address into those miner programs, and launched the CPU and GPU programs. I'm pretty sure they aren't working.

I'm sure you get annoyed with so many people coming on here and asking questions, but this forum is hard to navigate so I was hoping someone could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I know; it's too easy, almost. Not really worth it to take for me.

You heard the Wolf (full moon is tomorrow Wink ) ... easy money: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/easy-programming-job-neoscrypt-algorithm-validator-done-848256

It is, but please take a day or two on it - I'd like to mine a little more FTC before there's MH/s of rented neoscrypt on the market  Cheesy
Activity: 644
does anyone know where I can download the latest sgminer for the groestl-myriad algo

I get only 15MH with my 280x , but a lot of people are getting above 20MH

Activity: 25

- ystarnaud

It was only the wind.
We need testers for NiceHash NeoScrypt. If you would like to participate, send me PM. It will only take 1 min of your time (you connect to certain IP:port and send few shares and then report back via PM what were the share diffs you saw in sgminer).

How long until this algorithm gets implemented on nicehash?  Trademybit already has it being launched to multiport within the next 24 hours.

NiceHash looks like they're having trouble finding a dev - they PM me, I refused the job; now I see them on the FTC forums.

Yes, we are still looking. Come on, it is not so hard. All you need to know are what are the changes regarding to scrypt or other algos and then adjust this. Everything else is just copy paste (algorithm).

I know; it's too easy, almost. Not really worth it to take for me.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100

- ystarnaud
Activity: 547
for anyone that is still having issues with HW errors on various algo's try my latest binary
i think i may have found the problem but would like others to test and see if it is fixed
also, arebyp kernel can now be used for nscrypt although it seems to put out less hashrate than zuikkis, though it produces less errors for me

Hi,

I also fixed it in my local build, is this the same you found? Smiley This fixed HW errors 100% for me.

sgminer.c, function test_nonce, near line 6873:

Code:
  // for Neoscrypt, the diff1targe value is in work->target
  if ((work->pool->algorithm.name, "neoscrypt")) {
    diff1targ = ((uint32_t *)work->target)[7];
  } else {
    diff1targ = work->pool->algorithm.diff1targ;
  }

Should be like this, just add !safe_cmp:

Code:
  // for Neoscrypt, the diff1targe value is in work->target
  if (!safe_cmp(work->pool->algorithm.name, "neoscrypt")) {
    diff1targ = ((uint32_t *)work->target)[7];
  } else {
    diff1targ = work->pool->algorithm.diff1targ;
  }

The original version is really a no-op, always true. So neoscrypt code was used for all algorithms.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. (Although it would have been nice to get a pull request or a notice on github lol...)

I must have pushed the wrong file up originally and when debugging the issue I was using corrected code. No wonder I didn't get HW errors. Chasing a bug that isn't there is can be quite a headache... Smiley

- ystarnaud

Waiting on confirmed new binaries from nicehash or badman74
It was only the wind.
We need testers for NiceHash NeoScrypt. If you would like to participate, send me PM. It will only take 1 min of your time (you connect to certain IP:port and send few shares and then report back via PM what were the share diffs you saw in sgminer).

How long until this algorithm gets implemented on nicehash?  Trademybit already has it being launched to multiport within the next 24 hours.

NiceHash looks like they're having trouble finding a dev - they PM me, I refused the job; now I see them on the FTC forums.
Activity: 49
Not neoscrypt, regular scrypt and scrypt-n!

I said "NScrypt" incorrectly when I ment scrypt nfactor, sorry. Smiley

I have been away from altcoin business too long. Smiley

But for scrypt, the difference is obvious.. 13.11 bin gives about 800kh/s on my 280x, and 700kh/s if compiled under 14.6, from the same source.

Always backup your bins when upgrading Catalyst, then you can try each version. Only compile time matters, there usually is no big difference what version Catalyst you are using at runtime..

It seems that the compiler changed a lot in 14.x. This might account for the difference. The scrypt/scrypt-n kernels should probably be revised and optimized for the new compiler.
Activity: 57
Not neoscrypt, regular scrypt and scrypt-n!

I said "NScrypt" incorrectly when I ment scrypt nfactor, sorry. Smiley

I have been away from altcoin business too long. Smiley

But for scrypt, the difference is obvious.. 13.11 bin gives about 800kh/s on my 280x, and 700kh/s if compiled under 14.6, from the same source.

Always backup your bins when upgrading Catalyst, then you can try each version. Only compile time matters, there usually is no big difference what version Catalyst you are using at runtime..

Activity: 340
Oh, anyone have the new neoscrypt kernel binary for Pitcairn?

I have Catalyst 14.9, it really can't compile the kernel properly. The binaries above fixed it for Hawaii and Tahiti, but I have a few Pitcairns as well..

I fixed this myself, simply by installing 14.6.. It is actually available from AMD web page, just not publicly listed anymore! But easy to find with google.

14.6 is so much better than 14.9.. X11 hashrate went from 4.0Mh/s to 4.4MH/s, similar increase in other coins as well.. Just delete all old binaries.

280x Scrypt and Nscrypt bins are far better when compiled with catalyst 13.11, luckily I still had those stored.

[1:58] sling00: is what zuikkis says true about 13.11 building better bins than 14.x for neoscrypt? if so i may need to setup a bin repo for neoscrypt
[1:58] kotarius: sling00:  you got a link to histatement
[1:58] ystarnaud: in  my experience no
[1:58] ystarnaud: thats not true
[1:58] ystarnaud: 13.11 is slow
[2:00] kotarius: maybe he means its faster relative to what he has been using
[2:00] kotarius: we would need to know his gpus, hashrates, before and after on 13.11 and 14.6
It was only the wind.
Jump to: