Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 135. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
how do you mean excel would be way to static i don't get that you can get excel to take live real time updating feeds straight from websites  from pools and exchanges and also API call's,,, process the data relative to your own mining power and then auto work out the most profitable for you,,,, the only bit i have not done is get excel to actually auto switch the miner ...  

OK, if you want to use excel in that way, as a sort of intermediate visualisation of the profitability, then I guess you could do it. There are API commands to let sgminer change pool so if you should write some code that reads your instantly updated excel sheet and sets the miner. If you already have code to read the API from pools and exchanges and put that into excel than the other way around to sgminer wouldn't be that difficult. Just read the docs that come with sgminer about the API commands.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
is there some way sgminer can be made to switch pools using a profitability password when the pools are not Nicehash pools

cheers  

Not using a password as far as I know, that would have to be implemented on the pool side and as you mentioned yourself Nicehash is the only one so far to do this.
CGwatcher has an option to change pool according to coin-profitability but it hasn't been updated for a long time and only lists the older coins Sad

how about getting sgminer to talk to Microsoft excel through api or something ??

just a shot

Coin profitability is very dynamic and changes every time one of the coins moves on to a new block, so it changes constantly. An excel sheet would be way too static for this purpose. If you can write a tool to use the SGminer API then you can also use the APIs from various pools and exchanges to poll difficulty and exchange price and change the pool on SGminer based on that. But I doubt if it's worth all that trouble.

how do you mean excel would be way to static i don't get that you can get excel to take live real time updating feeds straight from websites  from pools and exchanges and also API call's,,, process the data relative to your own mining power and then auto work out the most profitable for you,,,, the only bit i have not done is get excel to actually auto switch the miner ...  
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Ok so you are talking about adding a diff setting in the miner password yeah ?

so where do you notice this "higher effective hashrate" recorded ? on a pool webpage or something,,, or is it some more in depth knowledge about mining ect

cheers

Yes, make the diff change via password, then watch your hashrate over the next half hour or so.  It'll typically be higher when set to what your equipment likes, like any other setting.
is there some way sgminer can be made to switch pools using a profitability password when the pools are not Nicehash pools

cheers 

Not using a password as far as I know, that would have to be implemented on the pool side and as you mentioned yourself Nicehash is the only one so far to do this.
CGwatcher has an option to change pool according to coin-profitability but it hasn't been updated for a long time and only lists the older coins Sad

how about getting sgminer to talk to Microsoft excel through api or something ??

just a shot

Coin profitability is very dynamic and changes every time one of the coins moves on to a new block, so it changes constantly. An excel sheet would be way too static for this purpose. If you can write a tool to use the SGminer API then you can also use the APIs from various pools and exchanges to poll difficulty and exchange price and change the pool on SGminer based on that. But I doubt if it's worth all that trouble.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
haven't found a way to mine with my older cards (two 5870 and one 5830) for neoscrypt efficiently...i think it is only a matter of time till someone tweaks the miner for older cards, currently i'm using it to mine cryptonote with claymore miner and these three cards fetch me 754h/s compared to a single 280x h/s of ~600h/s....i remember when claymore later added support for older cards, the same will happen to neoscrypt miners..

Have you tried the kernel modded for older cards yet?

If not, try this: http://phoenixcoin.org/downloads/neoscrypt_vliw.cl

I'm using it for 5870's....42 kh/s each card...hopefully soon someone get's a kernel for us.

cheers 

just a shot

The top 2 GPU's are 290x, the bottom are 290's.

how are these wu reading's so low mine are between 280.000/m and 300.000/m

The low WU is from running 256 difficulty.  Running 64 diff, gives higher WU like you are getting, but lower overall effective hashrate.

Ok so you are talking about adding a diff setting in the miner password yeah ?

so where do you notice this "higher effective hashrate" recorded ? on a pool webpage or something,,, or is it some more in depth knowledge about mining ect

cheers
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
So the new neoscrypt kernel "isn't released yet", but the hashrate on most of the neoscrypt coins has doubled in the last few hours..

Is that's how it's gonna be?  Know someone to get the new kernel?

Nope. It's here: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/neoscrypt.cl

Worksize should be 64, don't bother setting TC, GPU threads 2. Basically the same as my earlier screenshot.
haven't found a way to mine with my older cards (two 5870 and one 5830) for neoscrypt efficiently...i think it is only a matter of time till someone tweaks the miner for older cards, currently i'm using it to mine cryptonote with claymore miner and these three cards fetch me 754h/s compared to a single 280x h/s of ~600h/s....i remember when claymore later added support for older cards, the same will happen to neoscrypt miners..

Have you tried the kernel modded for older cards yet?

If not, try this: http://phoenixcoin.org/downloads/neoscrypt_vliw.cl
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
hi, i have a rig with 5 280x's and a ssd running  win 8.1/ amd 13.12. I got suggested to use pimp since i want a gui miner capable of switching between many algorithms on a switching pool but i don't have a usb card,  
so i would have to install it on my ssd. If i install pimp can i keep win8.1?

What do i need pimp for, would be it be better than sgminer pointed to a switching pool on win8.1, if that works?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

You should be getting 325 to 335 khs with 290 (non-x) GPU's currently.  And Wolf0 has found a bottleneck in the code that's causing the 290/290x not to be able to achieve full speed, so they should eventually be able to go considerably farther than that. 

i was woundering why my 290x's dont go faster than the 290 nonx

The low WU is from running 256 difficulty.  Running 64 diff, gives higher WU like you are getting, but lower overall effective hashrate.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Stupid cloud hashing company doesn't sign large transactions on weekends. No wonder it's taking fucking ages. Should be later today, I'm hoping within 6 - 8 hours.

You should be getting 325 to 335 khs with 290 (non-x) GPU's currently.  And Wolf0 has found a bottleneck in the code that's causing the 290/290x not to be able to achieve full speed, so they should eventually be able to go considerably farther than that. 

i was woundering why my 290x's dont go faster than the 290 nonx

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Hi
why my 6990 card dont work with neoscrypt.cl?
Heres my configs for 290s non-x

Code:
"intensity" : "13",
"devices" : "0,1,",
"worksize" : "192",
"algorithm" : "neoscrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "1",
"shaders" : "2048",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"thread-concurrency" : "8193",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : false,
"gpu-memclock" : "0-0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "86",
"temp-target" : "76",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

cheers 

cheers 
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Heres my configs for 290s non-x

Code:
"intensity" : "13",
"devices" : "0,1,",
"worksize" : "192",
"algorithm" : "neoscrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "1",
"shaders" : "2048",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"thread-concurrency" : "8193",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : false,
"gpu-memclock" : "0-0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "86",
"temp-target" : "76",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

Please post your settings and the file and driver versions used.

477b, latest wolf0 cl, 14.2 driver, i13 w192 g2 clocks1150/1500 for 290x & 290, guncoin wallet on another pc on network, win7x64, AMD8350, w/ 16gb, and I was born on a tuesday..

Anything else?

Quote from: Hippie Tech

Fyi, I tried the sgminer 5.1 (280x/ 160 khash) neoS.cl with cgminer 3.7.7b, failed and have not spent much, if any, time on it since.

Neoscrypt is not to the plug and play stage yet, wanna mine it, plan on some tinkering time.   Wink

Jump to: