Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 136. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Thanks Wolf0 for the neo kernel, rock solid for the whole week Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Wolf0 said that sgminer will not solo and that you would need to use cgminer ,,,,, i do not know if wolf0 kernel works with cgminer that is something i want to know

YES!!!  I already said it could be done..

http://i.imgur.com/JciZoTa.jpg

Please post your settings and the file and driver versions used.

Fyi, I tried the sgminer 5.1 (280x/ 160 khash) neoS.cl with cgminer 3.7.7b, failed and have not spent much, if any, time on it since.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Thank you; it seems Hippie Tech has a bone to pick.

I noticed that..

And although you might be weird, I don't see you deserving to get shit for no reason.  He must not like ottrbutt pics! Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
and where can we find this amazing release .?  Smiley

Should be out in under 24h now.

EDIT: Note: I say "should" because I'm waiting on payment - withdrawal taking forever.
Wolf0 said that sgminer will not solo and that you would need to use cgminer ,,,,, i do not know if wolf0 kernel works with cgminer that is something i want to know

YES!!!  I already said it could be done..

Activity: 528
Merit: 500
I have three 5870's and would like to mine FTC at TMB. Any one have neoscrypt running decent for AMD 5870? I'm only getting 20kh/s per card, using badman's current mod miner.

Check the FTC forums - they have a cl for old cards.

Thanks, I did see that forum and tried that cl, I think neoscrypt_vliw, but it doesn't work with this Multi-Algo version of SGMiner, at least not badman's latest mod version. Is there a version of the Multi-Algo SGMIner it does work with?  I think over at the FTC forum they were using some new version of CGMiner?

Anyway I was hoping to mine FTC at TMB with the algo switcher.

Thanks,

It's called, "eliminating the competition".

Here in Cryptoland, we call it, "a ninja launch".

@all

Has anyone had any luck solo mining with any of Wolf0's kernels ?

I have three 5870's and would like to mine FTC at TMB. Any one have neoscrypt running decent for AMD 5870? I'm only getting 20kh/s per card, using badman's current mod miner.

Thanks, I did see that forum and tried that cl, I think neoscrypt_vliw, but it doesn't work with this Multi-Algo version of SGMiner, at least not badman's latest mod version. Is there a version of the Multi-Algo SGMIner it does work with?  I think over at the FTC forum they were using some new version of CGMiner?

Thanks,

@all

@Hippie Tech
I dunno why you have it out for wolf0, he has single-handedly increased the output of the neoscrypt kernel five-fold for the newer GPU's.

When FTC, IPC and GUN switched to neoscrypt, the hashrate on a high end GPU was about 60kh/s per GPU.  He bumped that up to ~200k just by cleaning up the kernel.

He wasn't involved previously and did this at someone's request, without any compensation.

He then released a second update to the code that's now getting 320+ kh/s for the high end GPU's. (he implied that he was paid for that, I cannot confirm or deny)

So yes, a LOT of people are having luck with his kernel, me included.  And him being a coder for hire, he deserves what he gets as he's not just another kid putting a new front end in a wallet, releasing a coin, and calling himself a dev.

@lsss
Sorry about your luck using an older card, and multi-algo switcher.  The CL for older cards was done by someone else besides wolf0, and works well with the CGminer found in the forum.
It was only the wind.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

Thanks,

@all

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Thanks,
It was only the wind.
Preparing my GCN kernel for public release; cleaning code, removing stuff I tried that really sucked, like completely unrolled chacha/salsa, stuff like that. After that, I'll package it up with SGMiner and it should be good to go. Should give results like this (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-11082014.png
Activity: 27
It was only the wind.
Why did x11 on NH multi just throw back loads of HW errors ??

can anyone else see this ,, I am getting random HW errors with the new miner when i use previous clock settings
Same problem here.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm still trying to look into this one. The only thing that I changed was to merge the .cl files from badman74's miner into sgminer5. No reason it should produce HW if it didn't in his build before. It also only seems to happen on X11 for me. X13 and 15 are HW free.

- ystarnaud
odd because all the Xn algos are fine on my version but i have problems with all the scrypt kernels, groestlcoin and diamond

Might be because your version is actually based on sgminer-master not sgminer-develop? Were there any such changes betwen master/develop that might have an impact on those issues?

I'm guessing NH really really really wants everyone to try Wolf0's "optimizations".

No, if you're using CGMiner 3.7.8, you're using my code, too. They want you using SGMiner, so you use their service.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
my 280x at ~280Khs

thanks wolf

thanks ftc for changing algo
Someone have a solution for 290 non-x  i can only get 250khs but with my 280x and 7970s i get 280khs anyone Huh

For a 290 (non-x) with hynix memory, settings 11/96/4 with clocking 1110/1475 will get you ~283k.

Seems awful low for such high clocks?

My 290 with Elpida memory is running 1000/1500 MHz and 287kh/s..

I haven't even tweaked any settings, just the first ones I tried. Smiley TC 16384, gpu-threads 2, worksize 64, intensity 13.

lucky you i tried W64 but my computer just shuts down, what could it be?

So try my settings, or experiment with his..
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Someone have a solution for 290 non-x  i can only get 250khs but with my 280x and 7970s i get 280khs anyone Huh

For a 290 (non-x) with hynix memory, settings 11/96/4 with clocking 1110/1475 will get you ~283k.

I haven't even tweaked any settings, just the first ones I tried. Smiley TC 16384, gpu-threads 2, worksize 64, intensity 13.

lucky you i tried W64 but my computer just shuts down, what could it be?
Activity: 57

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I know most of everyone is AMD here, but I need some help getting back into mining after taking a few month break. I'm running a Nvidia 970 and I'm interested in mining X11, Scrypt-N and Scrypt coins. I know profit isn't there anymore, but still interested. I've tried creating a bat file with the config below, but for some reason the miner is defaulting to use my processors onboard graphics.

Code:
sgminer -o stratum+tcp://ca.simplemulti.com:3344 -u User.name -p x -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://ca.simplemulti.com:3434 -u user.name -p x
sgminer only works on amd cards
you will need to find a cuda miner for whatever algo's you want to mine
badman, you need this data  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dI1Cc3JhhsA-UdIRlndvQ9huX8FmoJT2TXFDB0wdp54/edit#gid=0

and the miner in this thread.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901.300
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I know most of everyone is AMD here, but I need some help getting back into mining after taking a few month break. I'm running a Nvidia 970 and I'm interested in mining X11, Scrypt-N and Scrypt coins. I know profit isn't there anymore, but still interested. I've tried creating a bat file with the config below, but for some reason the miner is defaulting to use my processors onboard graphics.

Code:
sgminer -o stratum+tcp://ca.simplemulti.com:3344 -u User.name -p x -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://ca.simplemulti.com:3434 -u user.name -p x
sgminer only works on amd cards
you will need to find a cuda miner for whatever algo's you want to mine
Activity: 5

Code:
Jump to: