Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 168. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hi
can someone get me straight here with my learning of this miner
My understanding is :-
                                If I list nice hash pools as shown on this thread and place an "X" the the password line then connect nice hash will change my miners algo and pool according to nice hashes most profitable code ,,,
is this correct ??
In theory, yes. However there was a Person a few posts back that had the "x" and it wasn't working for them. I would put in the multiplier if possible.

Ok Thanks
              So the multiplier the f=code,,,
           I understand that when fx=0 then the algo is not used, does this mean that in order for the algo to be used i must make fx=1 ?
it should be your hash rate for that algo in Mh/s
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Ok so f3 should be equal to max hashrate when minning X11 divided by max hashrate when minning scrypt ??
Precisely! Although if you don't mine scrypt, as long as the ratios are the same, in theory, it should work as well.

so the max hashrate figures i use for these calculations would they be recorded all at the same GPU settings or would i tune the GPU to the different algo's and then record that algo's  max hash rate ?
Mine are generally the same. I can max out NIST but can't max out x13 or x11 though.  You can get better hashrates if you tweak each algo though.
one last thing ,, what is the "d" for in these config files :-       "pass" : "d=0.08;f0=4.2;f2=2.1;f3=15.5;f4=11.5;f5=400;f6
                                                                                    "pass" : "d=1024;f0=4.2;f2=2.1;f3=15.5;f4=11.5;f5=400
I would assume manual difficulty, but can't say for certain as I don't use it.
Activity: 528
Hi
                                If I list nice hash pools as shown on this thread and place an "X" the the password line then connect nice hash will change my miners algo and pool according to nice hashes most profitable code ,,,
is this correct ??
In theory, yes. However there was a Person a few posts back that had the "x" and it wasn't working for them. I would put in the multiplier if possible.

Ok Thanks
           I understand that when fx=0 then the algo is not used, does this mean that in order for the algo to be used i must make fx=1 ?
Yes, but it will need to change based on the hashrate compared to scrypt.
Here is my "Password" (7950's):
Code:
"pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=5.77;f4=4.03;f5=0;f6=0;f7=21.28"
I have Scrypt, Scrypt-N, Keccak, and X15 turned off.

Ok so f3 should be equal to max hashrate when minning X11 divided by max hashrate when minning scrypt ??
Precisely! Although if you don't mine scrypt, as long as the ratios are the same, in theory, it should work as well.

so the max hashrate figures i use for these calculations would they be recorded all at the same GPU settings or would i tune the GPU to the different algo's and then record that algo's  max hash rate ?
Mine are generally the same. I can max out NIST but can't max out x13 or x11 though.  You can get better hashrates if you tweak each algo though.

one last thing ,, what is the "d" for in these config files :-       "pass" : "d=0.08;f0=4.2;f2=2.1;f3=15.5;f4=11.5;f5=400;f6
                                                                                    "pass" : "d=1024;f0=4.2;f2=2.1;f3=15.5;f4=11.5;f5=400

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Code:

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Code:

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Code:

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Code:

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Code:
Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks
Hi
is this correct ??
Hi

is this correct ??

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
my hashrate in NIST5 with driver 14.7rc3 and sgminer nicehash 2014/08/04.

280x card:15.95 mh
290  card : 14.12 mh

why my 290 card hash lower than 280x card.
clock 290 :1050/1500
clock 280x : 1100/1500

wiht other algorithm x11-x13-x15 thats fine just my problem with NIST5 i want get 18 mh with my 290 card.i  try with 14.16 beta 14.6RC1&2 and 14.7RC1&2 but same hash with this card plz help.

my 290 hashrate with other algo:
x11:5.3 mh
x13:4.2 mh
x15:3.8 mh
try the mod binaries in my sig, i can't say if it will fix it but i think most algo's are a little faster on my mod
thanks i try with your sgminer V5mod and now my hashrate 20mh with 290 card. 

Funny i have the same problem, and i cant make my 3 290 to pass 14Mh +-,

i have 5 cards: 2x 280x and 3x290 in the same mobo.

X algos are ok.

I have tryed different miners and couple settings too, no luck till now.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
I have been messing around trying to mine yacoin using kernel ckolivas or zuikkis with nfactor 15 but no luck, the shares are rejected as low difficulty share, anybody with any suggestion as where to start? 790 gives me around 1kh so it's being similar to yacminer on the speed, however i would like to get more from it.

Best regards!
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

wiht other algorithm x11-x13-x15 thats fine just my problem with NIST5 i want get 18 mh with my 290 card.i  try with 14.16 beta 14.6RC1&2 and 14.7RC1&2 but same hash with this card plz help.

try the mod binaries in my sig, i can't say if it will fix it but i think most algo's are a little faster on my mod
thanks i try with your sgminer V5mod and now my hashrate 20mh with 290 card. 
Activity: 658

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

HOWEVER when i copy and paste the conf text here the ("no-extranonce" : true,) line shows out of place ,,,  WHY ?

make your hands straight and clean conf file.
i've checked your pool, it requires --no-extranonce, no other magic

thanks i am connected now the problem seems to be something to do with cgwatcher or cgremote ,,,

i can connect and monitor  if i start the miner manualy but if i try to start using cgwatcher or cgremote the then i cannot connect to the pool

maybe cgremote and cgwatcher do not understand --no-extranonce yet ,,,,

thanks for your help

I have just updated the miner but it is saying that the P2P node i am trying to connect to is "dead" and so connecting to a backup pool instead  ,,,

the node is not dead because i have other sph sgminers connected to it

why could this be Huh do I have to change my config file ??

cheers

--no-extranonce
read OP
Thanks but i have already tryed that:-

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "name" : "darkcoin.fr:7903",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://darkcoin.fr:7903",
                "no-extranonce" : true,
      "user" : "XeSaKmKmrhZ3728gPkcJSYsdRTgnZwFht8",
      "pass" : "j",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   },
   {
      "name" : "eu.wafflepool.",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3331",
                "no-extranonce" : true,
      "user" : "15jo2oECvdftue4osZQ6jkqbFKAhsZdLp3",
      "pass" : "j",
      "pool-priority" : "1"
   }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",

HOWEVER when i copy and paste the conf text here the ("no-extranonce" : true,) line shows out of place ,,,  WHY ?
Hi
    I am using sph sgminer 4 with X11 mod on win 7  but only getting 2.5 MH/s with my R9 290

so i need to update to this sg miner 5 ,,,,,

which AMD drivers work stable with win 7 using X11 kernel ?

cheers
I would recommend using the latest AMD drivers (14.7) for X11-mining. The older drivers (13.12) was a little faster for Scrypt-mining, but for the X-algorithms, the 14.7 drivers are faster.
Thanks
           I have just updated the miner but it is saying that the P2P node i am trying to connect to is "dead" and so connecting to a backup pool instead  ,,,

the node is not dead because i have other sph sgminers connected to it

why could this be Huh do I have to change my config file ??

cheers
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
Hi
    I am using sph sgminer 4 with X11 mod on win 7  but only getting 2.5 MH/s with my R9 290

so i need to update to this sg miner 5 ,,,,,

which AMD drivers work stable with win 7 using X11 kernel ?

cheers
I would recommend using the latest AMD drivers (14.7) for X11-mining. The older drivers (13.12) was a little faster for Scrypt-mining, but for the X-algorithms, the 14.7 drivers are faster.
Jump to: