Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 167. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Should GPU threads to be more than 1?
I read i should get something like  17.7M with a r9 290 when minning nist5 but i am only getting 7M with this .conf any obvious reason Why ? 

Cheers

"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"hamsi-expand-big" : "7",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"blake-compact" : true,
"keccak-unroll" : "8",
"luffa-parallel" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"kernel" : "talkcoin-mod",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "970-970",
"gpu-fan" : "0-100",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1350",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-target" : "80,80,80,80",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90,90,90",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95",
"vectors" : "1,1,1,1",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2,2",
"shaders" : "2560",
"intensity" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"tcp-keepalive" : "30"
try lowering your intensity to something closer to 16
Activity: 528
I read i should get something like  17.7M with a r9 290 when minning nist5 but i am only getting 7M with this .conf any obvious reason Why ? 

Cheers

"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"hamsi-expand-big" : "7",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"blake-compact" : true,
"keccak-unroll" : "8",
"luffa-parallel" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"kernel" : "talkcoin-mod",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "970-970",
"gpu-fan" : "0-100",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1350",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-target" : "80,80,80,80",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90,90,90",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95",
"vectors" : "1,1,1,1",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2,2",
"shaders" : "2560",
"intensity" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"tcp-keepalive" : "30"
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Did anyone tried cat 14.8 driver ??
Any re-wraps of Windows binaries since they did the version bump to 5.0.0 ?
the ones in my sig are updated
although my mod does still show 4.2.2 for some reason
Activity: 547
Any re-wraps of Windows binaries since they did the version bump to 5.0.0 ?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Dear users who have already tried to Mein R9 285, please Unsubscribe speed and consumption
Activity: 470
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
would somebody list all algos + what they are? ie i dont know all this coins so hard for me to judge what is x11 or x13 x15 or NITS

Many are described over on http://asic.usertalk.info...

sorry wont browse your forum for exact post.. either show me god post there or paste here Wink

Sorry dude, your the one asking for the information... not my job to do the searching for you.  The link, and the search function there, will get you close.

Update:  Was curious just how hard it would be.  Hit http://asic.usertalk.info as a guest, clicked the "Search" button, typed in "X13", and the 2nd hit was "What are all these algos".  That is the link you want. 
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
would somebody list all algos + what they are? ie i dont know all this coins so hard for me to judge what is x11 or x13 x15 or NITS

sorry wont browse your forum for exact post.. either show me god post there or paste here Wink

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Activity: 392
Is this version of sgminer only work at nicehash but not at other pools?
Will sgminer support large Ns, like N=16?  The scratchpad would need to be heap allocated, not stack.

IMACredit (http://www.imacredit.org) would love to have GPU support...

Cassey
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Is this miner ment to work with nvida GPU cards ??

No. Sgminer = AMD

If you want to mine with nvidia GPU, look for cudaminer, ccminer, nvminer.
Is this miner ment to work with nvida GPU cards ??
Activity: 826
Hi
can someone get me straight here with my learning of this miner
My understanding is :-
                                If I list nice hash pools as shown on this thread and place an "X" the the password line then connect nice hash will change my miners algo and pool according to nice hashes most profitable code ,,,
is this correct ??
In theory, yes. However there was a Person a few posts back that had the "x" and it wasn't working for them. I would put in the multiplier if possible.

Ok Thanks
              So the multiplier the f=code,,,
           I understand that when fx=0 then the algo is not used, does this mean that in order for the algo to be used i must make fx=1 ?
it should be your hash rate for that algo in Mh/s

Ok so f3 should be equal to max hashrate when minning X11 divided by max hashrate when minning scrypt ??
Precisely! Although if you don't mine scrypt, as long as the ratios are the same, in theory, it should work as well.
So what is the difference between adding my miners hash rate and adding the difference between scrypt and a different algo hash rate
or is it a different way to get to the same out come ?
it is the same, just easier to add your actual hash rate as there is no math involved....
So in a rig containing 4 all the same GPU cards would i be right in thinking that it would be best to use the hash rate of just one card,,, that way if 1 or 2  card out of 4  was to go sick or die then the equation would still work Huh
thanks ,,
i started using your modded miner today ,, it works well
It's linear, so it won't matter if you use one or all four. One card will still give you a 5x increase on x11.
Hi
                                If I list nice hash pools as shown on this thread and place an "X" the the password line then connect nice hash will change my miners algo and pool according to nice hashes most profitable code ,,,
is this correct ??
In theory, yes. However there was a Person a few posts back that had the "x" and it wasn't working for them. I would put in the multiplier if possible.

Ok Thanks
           I understand that when fx=0 then the algo is not used, does this mean that in order for the algo to be used i must make fx=1 ?

Ok so f3 should be equal to max hashrate when minning X11 divided by max hashrate when minning scrypt ??
Precisely! Although if you don't mine scrypt, as long as the ratios are the same, in theory, it should work as well.

So what is the difference between adding my miners hash rate and adding the difference between scrypt and a different algo hash rate
it is the same, just easier to add your actual hash rate as there is no math involved....

So in a rig containing 4 all the same GPU cards would i be right in thinking that it would be best to use the hash rate of just one card,,, that way if 1 or 2  card out of 4  was to go sick or die then the equation would still work Huh

thanks ,,
i started using your modded miner today ,, it works well

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks

Hi
is this correct ??

Ok Thanks

Jump to: